SUTA

Ok Hello all, What i have is a weird error.  I go to reports > Payroll >
Period End.  When i select a period for a particular employee from
04/01/08 - 06/30/08 I get 468.33 when I go be the month for April, May
and June I get a total of 487.38.  Can anyone tell me where to start
looking for this issue.  Many thanx
0
nixtootec (80)

The first thing to check is the value of any pre-tax deductions.

"Brian" wrote:

> Ok Hello all, What i have is a weird error.  I go to reports > Payroll >
> Period End.  When i select a period for a particular employee from
> 04/01/08 - 06/30/08 I get 468.33 when I go be the month for April, May
> and June I get a total of 487.38.  Can anyone tell me where to start
> looking for this issue.  Many thanx

0
Eleanorfac (21)
7/18/2008 7:16:01 PM
I would look at the employee lists to confirm what you're seeing in the
period end reports.  Depending on what amount you're looking for you may have
to run a couple, maybe by pay code and deduction and/or benefit.
--
BrianB

"Eleanor@fac" wrote:

> The first thing to check is the value of any pre-tax deductions.
>

> "Brian" wrote:
>
> > Ok Hello all, What i have is a weird error.  I go to reports > Payroll >
> > Period End.  When i select a period for a particular employee from
> > 04/01/08 - 06/30/08 I get 468.33 when I go be the month for April, May
> > and June I get a total of 487.38.  Can anyone tell me where to start
> > looking for this issue.  Many thanx

0
BrianB (54)
7/18/2008 7:46:08 PM
I woulld also run the reconcile utility.
--
Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP
MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP

"BrianB" wrote:

> I would look at the employee lists to confirm what you're seeing in the
> period end reports.  Depending on what amount you're looking for you may have
> to run a couple, maybe by pay code and deduction and/or benefit.
> --
> BrianB
>

> "Eleanor@fac" wrote:
>
> > The first thing to check is the value of any pre-tax deductions.
> >

> > "Brian" wrote:
> >
> > > Ok Hello all, What i have is a weird error.  I go to reports > Payroll >
> > > Period End.  When i select a period for a particular employee from
> > > 04/01/08 - 06/30/08 I get 468.33 when I go be the month for April, May
> > > and June I get a total of 487.38.  Can anyone tell me where to start
> > > looking for this issue.  Many thanx

Wrong SUTA state posted
I had an employee move from VA to NC at the first of the year. I changed all her PR details including the SUTA state, created the posting accounts and entered the NC rate in the table. Also found out to change it in all the pay codes (why you need to change it in two places seems silly) When I run SUTA at the end of the month, the system posted her SUTA to her old state of VA not NC. I checked everywhere I can think of but her record does not show VA anywhere. Am I missing something? ...

SUTA info
Does GP store the SUTA info? Need to be able to query the SUTA amounts by employee for a date range period. Check the UPR00900 table. Suta wages per period per year are there. -- BrianB "johnb" wrote: > Does GP store the SUTA info? Need to be able to query the SUTA amounts by > employee for a date range period. ...

payroll reports--futa/suta and workers' comp
Hello: I went into Report Writer to try to add the employees' department onto the Monthly FUTA/SUTA Report. Unfortunately, I cannot build table relationships or anything like that for this report. Does anyone know of a way to generate (even if through SmartList) the same information that shows on this report plus being able to add the department? Also, to generate a workers' comp report, I was able to find a way in SmartList in the Payroll Historical Transactions object how to create a workers' comp report that shows workers' comp codes plus the payroll transactions ...

Great Plains to store historical SUTA, FUTA & other tax rates for.
In GP 7.5, multiple years’ data is stored but Tax (SUTA & FUTA etc) rates are not stored year wise. So if we run a report for a previous year, the report will be incorrect, as it will be calculating based on the current year’s tax rate. As result we have to setup 2 GP databases, one for production and one for our tax department. It would be great to have historical SUTA, FUTA & other tax rates for previous years tax reporting. ------=_NextPart_0001_86F840B5 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit As you know, Great Plains does not offer tax updates for unemplo...

Change in SUTA Tax Rates
We started using payroll 1/1/09 and recently received a change in SUTA rate for one state. What is the best method for creating the g/l entry for this change? I've changed the rate, run new reports, and could make a manual GJ -- Isn't there something in the system to help post this change? Karen If you go to the period end reports, you can run the SUTA report and post the results to GL. "Karen c" wrote: > We started using payroll 1/1/09 and recently received a change in SUTA rate > for one state. What is the best method for creating the g/l entry for this ...

SUTA computation not correct for MI
Our Michigan unemployment is not computing correctly. January was correct. For February the Wages and YTD Wages are correct, but the YTD taxable wages are doubled (up to the $9000 limit). That then affects the current taxable wages. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this? This company is a clone of a previous company and it works fine for that one. Thanks for any help. Bob Found the answer on this. We are on version 7.0 When we cloned to make this new company, some of the SQL stored procedures were not updated properly, so we had an old version of a procedure that calculated...

New Jersey Suta Withholding for Employees
We are about to start processing payroll for employees in New Jersey. Can any advise me on how to setup the SUTA withholding for the employees? ...

Wage amount on SUTA Summary Report
When I print the SUTA Summary Report for the quarter the Gross Wages on a couple of employees is off by the amount of their quarterly retirement amount. Other employees with the same retirement code are fine. I figure it is on the individuals records. I look at their pay codes records and the SUTA box is checked for Subject to Taxes. Anyone have any ideas why this is happening? Thank You for your help. I stated that other employees with the same retirement code are fine. It's employees with a different retirement code that are printed with the correct Wage. >-----Original ...

SUTA Report Error
I have a customer that is trying to run a SUTA Summary Report. They receive the error "Unhandled script exception: Microsoft ODBC SQL Server Driver/SQL server could not find stored procedure <database>.dbo.GSDELETESUTARANGE." Does anyone know what this means and how to fix it? Thanks, Jocelyn ...

FUTA / SUTA Distributions
When you post your FUTA/SUTA liabilities, do the distributions go into the Payroll Distribution History table? If not, where do they go? ------=_NextPart_0001_81E6B13B Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit When period end liabilities are posted, they do appear in the Payroll Distribution History Header and Payroll Distribution History Detail tables (UPR30400 and UPR30401). The period end information can be identified by the UPRPE audit trail codes. Please let me know if you have additional information regarding the FUTA and SUTA posting process. Thanks! Kirsten M...

FUTA / SUTA Values are incorrect
I need to print FUTA reports but the numbers are incorrect. Does anyone know how to adjust the FUTA / SUTA values in Great Plains? If you're wanting to change the rates, go to Microsoft Dynamics GP>Tools>Setup>Payroll>Unemployment Tax. From here you can select the state(s) involved and change the values. -- Phil Camp Director of Information Hopkinsville Milling Company "Jay" wrote: > I need to print FUTA reports but the numbers are incorrect. Does > anyone know how to adjust the FUTA / SUTA values in Great Plains? > . > ...

GP10-Payroll SUTA calc issue
Converted SBF to GP9 to GP10. Went well. One employee came over with a "352" value in "SUTA STATE" field. So,,,SUTA did not calc for a few checks. Edited employee card to corrrect value(i.e. "FL") Still does not calc.. How to fix??? When editing the SUTA state in the maintenance card, it does not process down to the pay code accounts. Be sure all the pay codes used have the correct SUTA information. The same happens with the work comp code. "Dick at VPI" wrote: > Converted SBF to GP9 to GP10. Went well. One employee came over w...

I think the SUTA report for Washington is incorrect.
The taxable wages should include the Section 125 deduction amounts. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a32a6c04-4ca5-44a1-b853-f74690521856&dg=microsoft.pu...

FUTA/SUTA by department
We need a FUTA/SUTA report by department. We are running GP 7.0. It doesn't seem to be possible in this version. It it possible in the newer versions? I realize that it may not be possible due to the nature of the information involved. Thanks Bob ...

need spreadsheet for the calculation of FUTA & SUTA payroll taxes
I would like to see a spreadsheet(s) added to the download section to assist small business owners with the calculation of their Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA) and State Unemployment Tax (SUTA). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com...

FUTA/SUTA posting time
When posting FUTA, SUTA, and Workers' Compensation Tax, this process takes typically 3.5-4 hours until it's completed within the past couple of months. There are about 550 active employees, but it doesn't seem like it took so long in the past. We're running this from a terminal server, and have always done so - the processing time seems to be normal when completing other GP tasks. Can anyone tell me if this is a normal processing time range or why this might take so long? Thanks! Hi Dan-- That is not normal, I can say that much :) You may want to try running it dir...

SUTA Reports should allow sorting options and employee count
When printing Payroll Period End reports (SUTA for example), it would be nice to have a sort option such as by employee last name, or social security number, etc. instead of the default of employee ID. In addition, a way to give the employee count as of the 12th day of the month for reporting purposes. Currently the employe count is manually tabulated in each company. Please enter this suggestion in Product Suggestion site: https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/productsuggestion. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Payro...

Total wages on FUTA and SUTA Summary reports
What would cause a difference between the Total Wages (first column) on the FUTA and SUTA Summary reports? Shouldn't they be the same number? Any pre-tax deductions would be excluded from the Futa but are still taxable on Suta. "Elaine" wrote: > What would cause a difference between the Total Wages (first column) on the > FUTA and SUTA Summary reports? Shouldn't they be the same number? ...

Sort SUTA Tax Summary By SSN?
is there a way in GP 9.0 to revise the SUTA Tax Summary report yet to sort by SSN instead of Empl ID? Print the report to the screen, and then click on "Modify" you will find the sort option there and once changed, it will default to the SSN order each time after that. THANKS ! "Lori" wrote: > is there a way in GP 9.0 to revise the SUTA Tax Summary report yet to sort by > SSN instead of Empl ID? ...

Payroll - NJ SUTA
When an employee is working in NJ and is a tipped employee I am running into an issue with SUTA contribution from the employee. If the employee doesn't make enough money to cover the SUTA wages from their tipped earnings, how does the system handle the missed amount for reporting purposes? ...

Worker's comp needs the ability like SUTA to exclude/include TSAs
Many clients request the ability to calculate Worker's Compensation wages to exclude all TSA's and then include particular TSA's. I would like to see the code changed and the window changed to be similar to the SUTA calculations and screens. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click &quo...

FUTA and SUTA fields have been removed
Hello: I have just noticed that, unlike in previous version of Great Plains, the GP 9.0 Employee Summary window does not have FUTA and SUTA wage fields. Why were these fields removed? I know that in prior versions, if you ran a reconcile of payroll data, the amounts in these fields changed. This was an annoyance and always forced the end user to keep a watch on these windows and re-edit these two fields. Was that the reason they were taken away? Then, are there any other options in 9.0 for editing FUA and SUTA amounts? Thanks! childofthe1980s ...

SUTA
Ok Hello all, What i have is a weird error. I go to reports > Payroll > Period End. When i select a period for a particular employee from 04/01/08 - 06/30/08 I get 468.33 when I go be the month for April, May and June I get a total of 487.38. Can anyone tell me where to start looking for this issue. Many thanx The first thing to check is the value of any pre-tax deductions. "Brian" wrote: > Ok Hello all, What i have is a weird error. I go to reports > Payroll > > Period End. When i select a period for a particular employee from > 04/01/08 - 06/30/...

Reposting SUTA and FUTA
Great Plains should have the ability to re-post SUTA and FUTA through payroll without having to make any manual entries in the General Ledger. It is not uncommon to run a first payroll using an old SUTA rate and then to subsequently receive a new SUTA rate or have to correct employee SUTA information. SUTA and FUTA postings cannot be reversed using the GL module or the payroll module. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message ...