Suppress Main Section Based on Subreport

Hello:

In Crystal XI, I want to suppress sections of the main report when either of
the two subreports that I have on my main report are blank.

Specifically, each of these two subreports does not always show data.
That's because I have configured the one and only field in each subreport to
suppress itself when that field is greater than or equal to 0.

In any case, if either of these two subreports are not displaying data, I do
not want sections of the main report to display data.  And, that's true if
those sections contain either of these two subreports, any other subreports,
or simply data from the main report.

How do I configure this?

Thanks.

childofthe1980s

how do i update filter in a pivottable based on a cellvalue?
I want to update the filter in a pivottable based on the value in a cell on another worksheet. ...

Script for Query-Based DL's
Pardon me if posted in the wrong place. We are scripting a large amount of OU structures and administration groups with delegation through dsacls. This is something that is repeated many times. One item that is asked to create is a query-based DL. Since it would need to be ran so many times and for consistency I am trying to find if we can have the script create the Q-B DL's. I have found scripts for dsacls and the Q-B DL's but I'm having a hard time finding how to script the creation of the DL's. Does anyone know how this would be done? Thank you, Michael ...

fix cell contents before deleting column from which formula's are based
I want to e-mail a spreadsheet to someone showing only the calculated results and deleting the column from which the formula's are based. I have done this (fixing the cell contents) before but can't remember how and am obviously not wording my query correctly for the help function. Thanks. Erica Copy, paste special, values? then delete the column? >-----Original Message----- >I want to e-mail a spreadsheet to someone showing only the >calculated results and deleting the column from which the >formula's are based. I have done this (fixing the cell >cont...

Change base of bar chart
I have a bar chart. It's a standard little bar chart. The bar chart's base starts at 0 zero. What if I wanted to change the 0 to some other number, like 100 so that values less than 100 would fall below the baseline? Is this doable? Thanks! Gleep I presume you want to change the minimum on the Y axis. Double click the axis, and on the Scale tab, enter the changes you need. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ <gleepwurptheeyebiter@gmail.com> wrote in message new...

Displaying data based on Drop Down List Selection
Hello, hope someone can help. I have a list of records in Excel which are attributed to teams in my organisation. Say its a list of staff. What I need is to be able to send the file out so that a user can select from a drop down menu the team name and the list displays all the staff in that team. I know that they could just use a filter for this themselves but these these users are not even comfortable doing that!! I need to make is simple so wanted a big obvious drop down list with the teams in, they select it and see all the relevant records. Has anybody got any ideas? Would be ver...

Select criteria based on the field name the user selects
Hi all, I am facing with aproblem where in i have a small access db with forms and reports now i want to change or set the where condition of a query based on the value the user selects from the form through a combo box. For ex:- if user is selecting Invoice_date then the where condition should search based on invoice date if the user selects any other field the querys where condition should search based on that particular field.Can any one help me in getting a solution for this. I have a sample database that shows how you can use various controls to set the filter of a query that i...

Assign Values Based on First Record in Group
All - I've got a simple spreadsheet that looks like this: Last Name First Name DOB Start Date End Date Problem is this. In the first row, of each "group" there is a "group desigination" in the "Last Name" field that I would like to assign to all records in that group. All other values for that record are missing. Consider the following: Plumbrook Smith Bob 1/30/2000 1/10/2012 1/21/2012 Jones Bill 1/4/2001 1/7/2012 1/9/2012 Ravenna Smith Jen 1/30/2000 1/10/2012 1/21/2012 Jones Barb 1/4/2001 1/7/2012 1/9/2012 My Goal is t...

Query Based Distribution Groups-Issues?
I am looking at implementing Query based groups and am curious, what are some of the problems I am might run into? Example: Outlook 2003 cached mode? OWA? Active Sync? and most of all: If I am going to replace an existing group, I am planning on, after hours, deleting the existing group and creating a query distribution group. How will this affect the users and their offline address books. Thanks, Bob As far as I can tell you can't assign permissions for example to Public Folders to Query Bases Groups - that was a big one for me. Mark "Bob Williamson" <BobWilliamso...

Cannot sum in report footer based on group footer
I have a calculated control on group footer called txtFlex =IIf([semester]="Fall Full-Time",[FT_Fall],IIf([semester]="Spring Full-Time",[FT_Spring],Sum([Hour]/2))) I want to total it in report footer =sum([txtFlex]) When I run the report, it asks parameter 'txtFlex' in report footer. I double checked the spelling and it's correct. I even tried to use Expression Builder to use mouse to pick the control but it still gives me the error message. If I delete the control in report footer, no error message. But I do need that summary control in report footer. W...

Great Plains should have a Web based/thin client interface -not Ci
'nuff said ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=988b9434-6da9-49e4-a462-c38c3c8256f1&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains Don't bet any money on this type...

Can I modify cell attributes (font,color etc.) based on function .
For a simple example, if A1=1 then the font color of A2 = 'blue'. Are there, and if so, can I access and mofiy the attributes of a cell based on a boolean result of a function in that or another cell? Also, can I do this without Macro VB scripting/programming? I have been a programmer for many years and the few times I have opened up the Macro/VB editor from Excel, Word, etc. I was befuddled. I can write VB script/code and have done it many times just not through the 'Macro' options of an MS application. I know, it says a lot; I either suck at programming, MS has an u...

change main segment ID
We are already using Great Plains for a few months now. We want to change the main segment ID as it is incorrect. Can I simply change it to the correct value and run checklinks on financial series. Is there any other danger of changing main segment ID in a system with existing data? Has anyone done this before? Jack, i have not done anything similar to this before, however my recommendation would be that you back your DB before you do anything with your server. In addition to that, create a BK-UP of live company and restore on the test DB and test it out on the test company. Rega...

How do I plot negative bars/numbers BELOW the main axis in Excel
I want to be able to have bars on the chart plot above and below a main axis line (zero). Can anyone tell me how to do that. I found an invert if negative button but nothing happens when I choose it. Invert if negative changes the colors of the bars/columns. See this page on Andy Pope's site for the most lucid discussion I've read about it: http://andypope.info/charts/Invertneg.htm If you have positive and negative numbers and you create a column chart using them, the positive columns will stretch up from the horizontal axis, and the negative ones will hang down from the axis....

Service section of CRM 3.0
Hello. My question involves working with the Service section of CRM. I am fairly new to the whole CRM system but up to now, going through Sales and Marketing I haven't been to mind-boggled. I am trying to create a new case and link it to a contract through the options that are available by default in the New Case form view. For some reason, when I go to look-up the contract for a particular case I don't return any results. Why??? Basically I'm asking is there any information out there that walks you through the Service section of CRM, else can someone give me a quick ...

Suppress Data if Sum = 0
I have a report where I am looking for errors. If the sum of several records = 0 then everything is OK. How do I supress the header, data and footer from showing for these records? I've been away from Access for several years, please be specific. Thanks for your help, Rick The simplest way to suppress the data from the report is to eliminate it from the source query. To do that means creating a Totals query or subquery that gives you the total in the original report. You can then use critieria in the query to eliminate these records. 1. Create a query, and depress the Total icon on t...

Main Form (Urgent Please)
When we run an Access Database, it runs within MS Access. Now I want to know: In some other language i.e. Visual Basic if i make a sofware, can i use MS Access Database in the background. So that in front Screen there will run someother sofware without MS Access but in the backgroun i will use MS Access Database. is this possible? -- Best Regards Shakeel Ahmad shakeel.ahmad215@gmail.com www.groups.yahoo.com/group/islam-the-final-truth www.geocities.com/shakeelahmad_79 On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 17:32:58 +0500, "Shakeel Ahmad" <shakeel.ahmad215@gmail.com> wrote: >When ...

Make Table Query based on a Form
Hello' I'm trying to get a make table query (which get's it's data from 2 fields on a form) to work. (1 Combo box, 1 List box(multi select)) It works with the Combo box or Text Boxes, but I cannot get it to work for a List Box(Multi Select). (asks for the parameter when I use the List Box... works fine with a cbo or text...) What do I need to do to get the Query to recognize the List Box? & all the separate values chosen from it? (The query is being initiated from a command button on the form where the list box & combo box reside) *I tried the following but got con...

validate a field based on sum of other fields
I have to assign commission to agents for each "order". I can have anywhere from 1 agent at 100% commission to 5 agents with every possible combination of percentages. Obviously, I need the percentage entries to only add up to 100 and I'd like to force the user to adjust the figures until they total 100. Firstly, am I right in assuming it would be better to be assigning the agents to the orderIDs in separate records: OrderID, Agent, Agent Percentage (as opposed to having one record contain the OrderID, Agent1, Agent1Percentage, Agent2, Agent2Percentage, Agent3, Agent3Pe...

Query Based Distribution List Note
We are running Exchange 2003 and using Query Based Distribution Lists (QBDL), viewable through the GAL. Our users are complaining (and building their own lists) because they can't see who is included in the list. We use desciptive names, but they need more information. All QBDLs are based on a company, a department or part of a title. I have asked our administrator to place in the "note" field of the QBDL what the parameter(s) were. For example, "people with COMPANY beginning with ABC". How do I tell my administrator(?) to edit the note field? Don In ADSIEdit, ...

Multi based criteria
I have a report setup that prints a single record. I get to this report by having the record open through a form and a command button to print preview the report. I have various subforms (data only applying to that record) that are also outputted on the report and that's working fine. But now my issue is that I have subreport that has three separate criteria I need to specify. The three controls are BrandName (value), Type (text) and DropNo (value). I have a separate table called OfficeCopies. In this are various people that, depending on the brand, type and drop, are assign...

URGENT : MS06-29 Breaks EDK Based Fax Gateways
Hello, We are an ISV based in france selling EDK Based Fax Gateways for Exchange 2000/2003 Microsoft Released a patch for Exchange 2003 this week: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/912442/en-us Unfortunately, after installing this patch, the gateway becomes unable to deliver a new message to the Gateway's mailbox. After doing some research, it seems that this is related to the "Send As"/"Receive As" rights-granted to the service account running the gateway if this is not LocalSystem- on the mailbox. Any help appreciated. Yes that would almost certainly be true....

Auto-populate based on certain criteria?
OK here goes... I've made an excel document for stock/sales analysis. For example, have made a download of raw data and put it a sheet named 'data'. then have a sheet named 'overview' in which I use various vlooku formulas to take information from the 'data' sheet. Eg: A3 = "product code" <---- manually entered ...then cells B3, C3 and D3 have vlookup formulas to take the produc code entered in A5 and search for it in the data sheet to find variou bits of information. What I want to have is some clever formula or vb script in cell A which will au...

Data Validation Lists
I have been searching the web all day, and I am not sure how to approach this problem. Here is a basic worksheet: ID Name Serial # 1 Joe ck9033n2389d 2 Joe 349-283fjrjh55 3 Bob c90320j34n5kjdf 4 Joe kgho95injhs 5 Bob 2353gdf745 Step 1: I have a drop down list with only one instance of each of the "Name" variable. Step 2: Upon selecting that name, I would like another drop down box with all the serial numbers associated with that person. Step 3: Then, based on the serial number, display stats in the same row for that i...

how do i make a link in frontpage to a specific section in an exc.
Please keep the subject line short and place a detailed statement in the message. >-----Original Message----- > >. > ...

Set Picklist Value based on Regarding Object when Task is Created
I'm trying to customize my task form for tasks regarding a specific entity. I have a task type picklist on the form that displays fields specific to the task type. I have one custom entity that will ALWAYS use a specific task type, and I'm trying simplify the process to have the form recognize the regarding object type and set the picklist value so that the pertinent fields are displayed when the task is created. So far I've had success retrieving the regarding object type, and I've had success switching the picklist when the form is loaded, but I haven't been abl...