subtotals in smart list

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to have totals in smart list ?? if yes ... is it a 3rd party
tool or any trick or tips ?? or best of all any code samples !.

Thanks
Ashfaq

0
ashfaq (6)

Either AnyView from Accountable Software or SmartList Builder from eOne
Solutions.

"Ashfaq Ali" <ashfaq@cyberdude.com> wrote in message
> Hi everyone,
>
> Is it possible to have totals in smart list ?? if yes ... is it a 3rd
> party
> tool or any trick or tips ?? or best of all any code samples !.
>
> Thanks
> Ashfaq

0
callen1071 (408)
2/18/2005 4:49:29 PM
In addition to thatyou should look into export solutions - you can export
the smartlist data to excel and create a macro that will subtotal the data
for you.
As far as the user is concerned, it is another step but well worth it.  You
could also do a lot more with smartlists, such as Pivot tables.  Lookon
Partnersource for info on Export solutions or send me a your email address
and I'll send you a How-to file (that I did not create)

HS

"Charles Allen" <callen@bkd.com> wrote in message
> Either AnyView from Accountable Software or SmartList Builder from eOne
> Solutions.
>
> "Ashfaq Ali" <ashfaq@cyberdude.com> wrote in message
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Is it possible to have totals in smart list ?? if yes ... is it a 3rd
>> party
>> tool or any trick or tips ?? or best of all any code samples !.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Ashfaq

0
HSalim (1270)
2/18/2005 11:59:16 PM
Thankyou all for the replies,
I know about the export solutions and have used it for creating subtotaling
and pivot tables but the problem is that the user is pretty 'lazy' :-) and
done not want to do aditional mouse clicks... so basically we are out of
options.
in any case i do wish to look at the how-to file, please send me the file on
ashfaq@cyberdude.com
Thanks again everyone.
Regards
Ashfaq

"HSalim[MVP]" <HSalim@msn.com> wrote in message
> In addition to thatyou should look into export solutions - you can export
> the smartlist data to excel and create a macro that will subtotal the data
> for you.
> As far as the user is concerned, it is another step but well worth it.
You
> could also do a lot more with smartlists, such as Pivot tables.  Lookon
> Partnersource for info on Export solutions or send me a your email address
> and I'll send you a How-to file (that I did not create)
>
> HS
>

> "Charles Allen" <callen@bkd.com> wrote in message
> > Either AnyView from Accountable Software or SmartList Builder from eOne
> > Solutions.
> >
> > "Ashfaq Ali" <ashfaq@cyberdude.com> wrote in message
> >> Hi everyone,
> >>
> >> Is it possible to have totals in smart list ?? if yes ... is it a 3rd
> >> party
> >> tool or any trick or tips ?? or best of all any code samples !.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Ashfaq

0
ashfaq (6)

Does Excel 2002 have a List>Create List option under Data?
Trying to create a list in 2002 Excel. I know 2003 has the List option under Data. Is there a patch or another way to get it? Tools>Options>custom Lists tab Pat "Jesse" wrote: > Trying to create a list in 2002 Excel. I know 2003 has the List option under > Data. Is there a patch or another way to get it? Data|List was added in xl2003. There is no patch. Jesse wrote: > > Trying to create a list in 2002 Excel. I know 2003 has the List option under > Data. Is there a patch or another way to get it? -- Dave Peterson As Dave said, there's no patch, bu...

The implementation of virtual list control is very poor
This is because the control will send LVN_GETDISPINFO messages for evey single cell in every visible row whenener: * the list is scrolled horizontally * the rect of a single cell is invalidated to update it's value Additionally, messages are sent for cells when the mouse is moved over them, but this is not a major source of slowdown. The first two problems are, however. They could easily generate sets of messages where each set contains 5,000 or more messages, on a regular basis if any of the cells of the control are updated with any regularity. Even with caching, this burns too ...

Add multiple products to a price list
To All: I have been entering products into my system manually and am to the point where I need to add all of these products to a price list. Do I have to add them one by one, or can I select all of the products to be in a specific price list? I don't see the latter option anywhere in CRM. If I do have to do them one by one, is there a way to have some of the fields in the "Price List Item" default to certain values? For instance, if I want to change the picklist order of the "Pricing Method" attribute when I open the "Price List Item" entity, the buttons f...

Drop down lists #8
Just a quick question, I'm using M/S Exel 2003 and would like to know if it's possible to make a 3 column drop down list that depends on the list before, i.e Column A1 would be “Size” Just a normal list (covering A-Z) Column B1 would be “Width” Answer from another list but dependent on the fist lists chosen “Letter” Column C1 would be “Length” Answer from another list but dependent on the second lists chosen “Width” A1 B1 C1 A 10” 40” Or A1 B1 C1 C 20” 50” The Letter in column A1 wo...

Distribution List Question #2
We are looking at a way of auditing Personal Distribution lists stored within users contacts folder on our exchange 5.5 server. Specifically we are looking for users who have created DL that have large numbers of users in a DL. Are there any programs that can sweep an entire Exchange server and dump DLs stored within users contacts folders? I could write program to do this, however I'm not looking to reinvent the wheel if someone has already done this. Thanks! Chris On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 17:19:19 -0700, "RacerX64" <RacerX64@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We ar...

how to create "Lists" tab from the left pane of PWA
I have created a document library in PWA page . In the left pane there is new document library under the Lists title with the name of EPM Support. but after 5 minutes i have deleted this one . but Lists title is still there. how can i delete this "Lists" . Kindly reply me soon. Sam: Have you tried removing this from the Quick Launch menu directly? From the Look and Feel section of the Server Settings page? -- Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.co...

Tool Bar Command List
The tool bar command window (for customizing tool bars) is painfully = small,=20 making it rather tedious to find a command without knowing it exact = name. Can anyone point me to a list (hopefully with descriptions) of tool bar=20 commands? On 7/26/04 11:03 AM, "Dave Creek" wrote: > The tool bar command window (for customizing tool bars) is painfully small, > making it rather tedious to find a command without knowing it exact name. It's not just the size making it tedious, it's the inconsistent and unintuitive way the commands are named. Note that the All Command...

Global Address list with external contacts
Is there a way (workaround) to let users add contacts to the GAL. Or is it only done by creating contacts in AD by the administrator? I want our users to be able to add a contact to an address book or list, and share that book/list Any help outhere? Tomppa Couple of thoughts... 1) use a public folder that holds outlook contacts. the end user should be able to mark the folder for use as a client side outlook address book or 2) delegate out the necessary rights in Active Directory to who can manage contacts. of course this means installing the exchange system manager on their wo...

exchange 2000 smtp connector smart host configuration
using an exchange 2000 smtp connector, how does the "forward all mail through this connector to the following smart hosts" work if multiple smart hosts are added? e.g. smarthost1;smarthost2;smarthost3 will email be sent how i think it will be:- 1. always to smarthost1 2. always to smarthost2 if smarthost1 is down 3. always to smarthost3 if smarthost1 and smarthost2 are down can someone confirm if my thinking is correct or not? regards I remember the out going emails will be load balanced across the 3 smart hosts. PL > using an exchange 2000 smtp connector, how does ...

Print list of tables
Is it possible to print a list of tables in a database. I am using Access XP with Visual Basic 6.0 SP5. I would like to print the list from either program. -- Thanks in advance bob robert11@mountaincable.net There is a built-in documenter on the Tools menu. In A2007, it's on the Database Tools tab of the ribbon. If you want something more powerful: http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/csdtools.html If you just want a query that returns the local tables: SELECT MsysObjects.Name FROM MsysObjects WHERE (([Type] = 1) AND ([Name] Not Like "~*") A...

Horizontal Listing
Table Data: ID NAME 1 tom 1 dick 2 harry 3 joe 3 me 3 yourname here Each ID has 1 to 4 names. I would like the names to come out horizontally on my report but not in fixed columns: 1 tom dick 2 harry 3 joe me yourname here Please advise....is VBA the only solution? Stu wrote: >Table Data: >ID NAME >1 tom >1 dick >2 harry >3 joe >3 me >3 yourname here >Each ID has 1 to 4 names. >I would like the names to come out horizontally on my report but not in >fixed columns: >1 tom dick >2 harry >3 j...

Circular List?!
Hi, Say, based on a pre-defined number N in cel A1, I want in column B to have all numbers be listed from 1 to N? How is this doable? Thanks, Mike On Jan 6, 10:48=A0am, Mike <mas_it_2...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Say, based on a pre-defined number N in cel A1, I want in column B to > have all numbers be listed from 1 to N? > > How is this doable? > > Thanks, > Mike Forgot one more thing, after numbers are listed in column B from 1 to N once, I want next to be able to tell how many times I want those numbers to be repeated?! So, if N=3D20, values from 1 ...

RMS--Link to VAR Listing for Michigan
I have been bouncing around the Microsoft site and can't find a clean listing of the RMS VARs in Michigan. Can anyone provide me a link please? Thanks in advance. How do I delete this double post? "Ahmed Ismail" wrote: > I have been bouncing around the Microsoft site and can't find a clean listing > of the RMS VARs in Michigan. > > Can anyone provide me a link please? Thanks in advance. Ahmed, Here's the link I sent you before http://tinyurl.com/86n5y Select Retail Management under Product Specialty, enter your Zip Code and the miles from that cod...

Picking Information from a list
I have a list and want to pick out certain items. The list is a list of players and the team that they play for. I want to automatically pull them out into their own list so as to identify all players from a club. I have spent quite a while trying to do this and have now turned to you. Any help greatly appreciated. -- eddie84 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ eddie84's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14942 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=265732 If you have a column fo...

Exch2003 Address Book Lists
I'm looking to create address book lists like I previously had setup in Exch5.5 for each of my companies that I support. For the most part, they all have their own email server except for one company and they share the parent company's server. I'm looking for assistance because the LDAP query that I create is only showing users, but not the distribution lists. Thanks Joey Hornick hornickj@msn.com Post the query and I'll fix it. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send emai...

distribution lists duplicate emails
Is there a way that if a person is in multiple distribution lists that are used in an email that they can receive the email only once and not 2 or 3 times if they are in different distribution lists? ...

Distribution List Name format
Hello, Using Outlook 2002, the Distribution List Name for a contact is formatted by default as "First Name" "Last Name". This name format can be seen in the contact's field titled "Distribution List Name". It appears that this version of the contact's name is used when selecting members for a distribution list. Does anyone know how to change this format? Specifically, I would like to be able to type in contacts' last names in the name select windows rather then have everything done by the first name. To see this in action, create a new d...

Address list in the Mail Merge Recipients
Does anyone know how to mail an address list in the Mail Merge Recipients box? It's a list of employeenames that will be added to for future years. Does she have to create her own? I am a WordPerfect User (bad word) and this is very frustrating because I just want to mail the address list and she can do her own merges. Shari I don't fully understand your post, but let me have a go. Publisher will merge any CSV (Comma Separated Values) which can easily be added to or names removed. You are well advised to stay well away from using the database built into Publisher as it is a meg...

CVSDE and distribution lists
I'm trying to use CVSDE to import a list of names and addresses into an Exchange 2003 distribution list. I have a couple of questions: 1. What is the Active Directory "object-class" for 'distribution list'? 2. Does anyone have a sample csv file that I can use as a guide? Thanks in advance, Mervin Williams objectClass is group. Groups can be Security groups (whether mail-enabled or not, in the former case they are also used as distribution groups), and Distribution Groups. Further, their scope is either Domain Local, Global or Universal. When using Dist...

1.3 complete fix/enhancement list?
We got our 1.3 today and the list of fixes/enhancements in the .txt file on the CD seems pretty small compared to some things I have read on some re-sellers sites. Can anyone supply us with a FULL list of fixes/enhancements as is seems every time there is an update there are always some things that go unmentioned and undocumented in help files. I just don't want any 'surprises' after install. Customer Source does not have this info available... yet.. Thanks in advance for any help. ...

make column lists for select query.
sheet1 table1 col1_1 table1 col1_2 table1 col1_3 table1 col1_4 table1 col1_5 table1 col1_6 table2 col2_1 table2 col2_2 table2 col2_3 table2 col2_4 .... .... sheet2 table1 col1_1,col1_2,col1_3,col1_4,col1_5,col1_6, table2 col2_1,col2_2,col2_3,col2_4, .... .... I want to make column lists for some table listed in sheet1. for example, select column_lists from table1 without vba is it possible? thanks. I think you may want some dependent lists. http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html HTH, Barb Reinhardt "kang" wrote: > sheet1 > table1 col1_1 > table1 col1_2 >...

Add Multiple Senders to Blocked Senders List
I can not add multiple senders to my blocked senders list in Outlook 2003. I used to be able to select multiple messages and add them to the blocked senders list by selecting multiple messages and selecting Actions>Junk e- mail>Add to blocked senders list. Has anyone figured this out? ...

Excel Table to Individual product list and spend
Hi, Basically I have an Excel data table and I have a Product name drop down list. I want to create a formula or macro so when a Product is selected, it would output the list of companies and their spend with the product. Below is a sample but the real spreadsheet has thousands of vendor names and spend for each product and there are probably ten product names altogether. Company Product1 Product2 Product3 Product4 Total ABC 7,009 8,000 15,009 Key 805,036 805,036 PC 56,016 57,470 568 114,054 Water 3,090 651 298,250 301,991 Total 66,115 863,157 306,818 -...

List Price, Standard Cost, Current Cost
Hello, It appears that the fields Total Amount and Detail Amount on an Oppurtunity, Quote, Order, Invoice are calculated from the Product Qauntity and Price Per Unit. I am trying to figure out how the following fields from Product are used or reported List Price, Standard Cost, Current Cost. cheers, Michael Out of the Box - Only the List Price in the produce is taken into account for calcualtion. Standard Cost/Current Cost is just data entry only. Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Michael P. Lindekugel" wr...

Remove orphaned distribution list in Exchange 5.5
We use a number of sites in our Exchange 5.5 environment. A Distribution list was deleted in site A but it is still listed in the GAL of site B, C, and D. I need to get it out of the other GALs but I cannot figure out how to do that and it is causing much user confusion. I have looked through the hidden recipients and can find nothing. Please Help! mkielman@wii.com (Megan Kielman) wrote: >We use a number of sites in our Exchange 5.5 environment. A >Distribution list was deleted in site A but it is still listed in the >GAL of site B, C, and D. I need to get it out of the other GALs b...