Stock Counts, Transaction Adjustments, etc. - Getting info into GP

I seem to be running into a road block at every turn and I think I need
someone to lay out the process for me in an easy to understand method.  These
are the resources I have on hand:
-Dynamics GP 10.0 SP3
-Integration Manager SP3
-eConnect is installed, but I have never used it and don't know where to
start, but I'm a quick learner.
-I have a programmer at my disposal, however he has no GP experience
-I'm a great SQL program and understand the GP table layouts

So that's what I've got.  Can someone tell me the best way to automate the
stock count process?

We are gathering the stock count with barcode scanners.  I had planned to
take the Barcode file and compare it to the current on-hand quantity in GP to
come up with an adjustment amount.  I then thought I could find a way to
schedule Integration Manager to post the adjustment amounting into GP.  Now,
I've found out that you can't close GP when IM is scheduled, even if I could
close GP, it wouldn't make a difference because the Adjustment Transaction
doesn't auto-post from IM.

I'm frustrated!  This should be easier.  Can someone tell me the best method
for automating the process once we have our physical stock count?  We would
prefer not to spend money on a third party program, because we are a
non-profit medical group with very little money to begin with.  But, if
that’s the only way, we may have to consider it. I need a step by step
process outlined please from physical inventory to posted in GP.  We can't be
the only person on the planet trying to do this.  How are others
accomplishing this.

Thank you,

Erin Lavelle
0
elavelle (62)

------=_NextPart_0001_EF6D089A

Hello Erin,

I understand that you are going to be gathering your stock counts with
barcode scanners and then want to do an adjustment to the inventory
quantities for items. So I am thinking that when you describe doing and
adjustment you are referring to an Inventory Transaction and then having
that post to decrement or increment the quantities on hand in GP?

Now with Integration Manager and eConnect you do have the ability to
integrate Inventory Transactions to make adjustments to the quantities for
particular items. The problem that is going to come into play is that there
is no way to post these transactions from within eConnect or Integration
Manager. Now we do have a dll that is called the Autopost.dll that can be
purchased and what this allows you to do is pass the batch id in your
custom code and that would then post the batch for you. Now one catch with
this is that you have to have GP open and logged into the specific company,
and the reason for this is that the dll uses Continuum to post the batch.

This has been a common question in regards to posting from with eConnect
and Integration Manager but unfortunately there hasn't been any
functionality in the product to post.

Please let us know if you have questions.

Mitch
------=_NextPart_0001_EF6D089A

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello Erin,
\par
\par I understand that you are going to be gathering your stock counts with barcode scanners and then want to do an adjustment to the inventory quantities for items. So I am thinking that when you describe doing and adjustment you are referring to an Inventory Transaction and then having that post to decrement or increment the quantities on hand in GP?
\par
\par Now with Integration Manager and eConnect you do have the ability to integrate Inventory Transactions to make adjustments to the quantities for particular items. The problem that is going to come into play is that there is no way to post these transactions from within eConnect or Integration Manager. Now we do have a dll that is called the Autopost.dll that can be purchased and what this allows you to do is pass the batch id in your custom code and that would then post the batch for you. Now one catch with this is that you have to have GP open and logged into the specific company, and the reason for this is that the dll uses Continuum to post the batch.
\par
\par This has been a common question in regards to posting from with eConnect and Integration Manager but unfortunately there hasn't been any functionality in the product to post.
\par
\par Please let us know if you have questions.
\par
\par Mitch
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_EF6D089A--

0
dclauson (5)
12/23/2008 9:21:41 PM
Elavelle,

What I currently understand that you have a problem in filling you data that
returned from the BarCode reader into the stock count entry form and the
system will automatically create adjustment and POST it if “Auto post stock
count variances” checkbox was checked.

To automate this process, you may need to develop middleware tool that reads
the data from your BarCode file and match the item number with the items in
the stock count entry list and finally fill the counted amount there.

It may need some work but I will be happy to help you, you may need to start
by reading about Dynamics Continuum Integration Library that will read data
from the stock count entry list and also fill data in.

Please mail my mail below for more help.

Regards,
--
Mohammad R. Daoud
MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS

"elavelle" wrote:

> I seem to be running into a road block at every turn and I think I need
> someone to lay out the process for me in an easy to understand method.  These
> are the resources I have on hand:
> -Dynamics GP 10.0 SP3
> -Integration Manager SP3
> -eConnect is installed, but I have never used it and don't know where to
> start, but I'm a quick learner.
> -I have a programmer at my disposal, however he has no GP experience
> -I'm a great SQL program and understand the GP table layouts
>
> So that's what I've got.  Can someone tell me the best way to automate the
> stock count process?
>
> We are gathering the stock count with barcode scanners.  I had planned to
> take the Barcode file and compare it to the current on-hand quantity in GP to
> come up with an adjustment amount.  I then thought I could find a way to
> schedule Integration Manager to post the adjustment amounting into GP.  Now,
> I've found out that you can't close GP when IM is scheduled, even if I could
> close GP, it wouldn't make a difference because the Adjustment Transaction
> doesn't auto-post from IM.
>
> I'm frustrated!  This should be easier.  Can someone tell me the best method
> for automating the process once we have our physical stock count?  We would
> prefer not to spend money on a third party program, because we are a
> non-profit medical group with very little money to begin with.  But, if
> that’s the only way, we may have to consider it. I need a step by step
> process outlined please from physical inventory to posted in GP.  We can't be
> the only person on the planet trying to do this.  How are others
> accomplishing this.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Erin Lavelle
Dave,

First, thank you for responding so quickly.  I truely appreciate it.  If the
Autopost.dll is the only option, even it GP does have to be open, I guess
I'm still interested in it.  Where can I get more information on it?  I'm
just hoping it doesn't cost too much.

Thank you,
Erin Lavelle

"Dave" <dclauson@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello Erin,
>
> I understand that you are going to be gathering your stock counts with
> barcode scanners and then want to do an adjustment to the inventory
> quantities for items. So I am thinking that when you describe doing and
> adjustment you are referring to an Inventory Transaction and then having
> that post to decrement or increment the quantities on hand in GP?
>
> Now with Integration Manager and eConnect you do have the ability to
> integrate Inventory Transactions to make adjustments to the quantities for
> particular items. The problem that is going to come into play is that
> there
> is no way to post these transactions from within eConnect or Integration
> Manager. Now we do have a dll that is called the Autopost.dll that can be
> purchased and what this allows you to do is pass the batch id in your
> custom code and that would then post the batch for you. Now one catch with
> this is that you have to have GP open and logged into the specific
> company,
> and the reason for this is that the dll uses Continuum to post the batch.
>
> This has been a common question in regards to posting from with eConnect
> and Integration Manager but unfortunately there hasn't been any
> functionality in the product to post.
>
> Please let us know if you have questions.
>
> Mitch

0
elavelle1 (1)
12/24/2008 2:33:30 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_F35B8B0B

Erin,

You would contact our Professional Services team at mbsprosv@microsoft.com
for the detailed pricing info and to get the product.

Dave
------=_NextPart_0001_F35B8B0B

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Erin,
\par
\par You would contact our Professional Services team at mbsprosv@microsoft.com for the detailed pricing info and to get the product.
\par
\par Dave
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_F35B8B0B--

0
ddusek (5)
12/24/2008 3:41:02 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_1355F824

Hello Erin

Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this
topic.
Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.

Have a great week!

Darin Carlsrud

Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided

to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!

Let us know what you think by posting

    from the web interface: Partner Feedback

    from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_1355F824

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello Erin
\par
\par Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this topic.
\par Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.
\par
\par Have a great week!
\par
\par
\par Darin Carlsrud
\par
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par ==============================================
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
\par
\par to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par
\par
\par
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!
\par
\par Let us know what you think by posting
\par
\par     from the web interface: Partner Feedback
\par
\par     from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
\par
\par We look forward to hearing from you!
\par
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
\par
\par so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_1355F824--

0
A-DACARL (116)
12/30/2008 8:42:52 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_22937BAD

Hi there

Anything else we can do for you here on this query?

Please post back at your convenience and we will be here for you.
Thanks again for using the partner newsgroups!

Have a great week!

Darin Carlsrud

Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided

to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!

Let us know what you think by posting

    from the web interface: Partner Feedback

    from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_22937BAD

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi there
\par
\par Anything else we can do for you here on this query?
\par
\par Please post back at your convenience and we will be here for you.
\par Thanks again for using the partner newsgroups!
[...]
------=_NextPart_0001_22937BAD--

0
A-DACARL (116)

2004 trial, how do I get rid of it?
My trial is over, and I want my Money 2002 back. Does anyone know how I can do that? The easiest way is to use control panel->add/remove programs to remove the 2004 trial pieces (there are two programs to uninstall). Then reinstall 2002 and use the backup file created when you first installed Money 2004 - it'll be named something like My Money.M10. Any transactions entered in the trial which you want to keep will need to be re-entered into the 2002 version, as you can't downgrade a file from 2004 to 2002. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.co...

clear up for Event/Mutex etc.
I am using: CreateMutex() / CreateEvent() to create Event / Mutex. After program done. How should I clear up? Using CloseHandle()? Is it required? or it just is close automatically when handle is out of the scope? Handle will be out of scope when your program terminates :) So close them with CloseHandle(...) when you are done with them. -- Vipin Aravind Microsoft - MVP "kathy" <yqin_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1137184482.030539.30430@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I am using: CreateMutex() / CreateEvent() to create Event / Mutex. > After program done. How...

Word 2007: word count wrong?
Hello, I have an issue with some .doc files when opening in Word 2007. In some cases the word count in the status bar is different of the word count of the "Word Count"- window (CTRL+SHIFT+G) or the word count in Word 2003 Example file: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=79595 Word 2007 (status bar) show 61019 words Word 2007 (Word count window) show 61010 words Word 2003 also show 61010 words This issue I have not with all documents, but only with some files and it seems that I have this problem only with .doc files but not with .docx files. (installed ve...

Where to get missing msvcp70.dll?
After I uninstalled a bunch of software, when I run an app it says app failed because msvcp70.dll was not found. Re-installing that app does not help. I guess I need to restore the missing msvcp70.dll. What is the official way to get it? Some sites offer this file for download but I'm not sure the files are genuine. In my system32 folder there is msvcp50.dll, msvcp60.dll, msvcp71.dll, but no msvcp70.dll. It is not in the recycle bin either :( "james" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:#XS21G1gKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > After I un...

Question about clip art, etc
Whenever I use clip art in Publisher or Word (2000) it says to insert the CD (#2) that has it on it. Which I do. Before I reinstalled WINDOWS a few weeks ago, and had to put everything in again, I had the clip art on my computer. So, if I needed something it was right there and I didn't need to keep putting in the CD. I have tried this several times, in Word (mainly, though I use clip art in Publisher too and have that function, using clip art, enabled- after it asked if I wanted to) The CD brings up the install and I click ADD OR REMOVE FEATURES and click on the clip art and "...

get rid of macro option at startup
I created and then deleted a macro in an Excel file. Why do I still get the warning box (i.e. the one asking if I want to enable or disable macros) when I open the file? Is there a way to get rid of this since I no longer have macros in this file? Thanks. Brad You need to delete the empty module.! Bill K "Brad Rench" <brench@comcast.net> wrote in message news:kSOdnb0Jjst9afaiXTWJkg@comcast.com... > I created and then deleted a macro in an Excel file. > > Why do I still get the warning box (i.e. the one asking if I want to enable > or disable macros) when I o...

AOL IMAP account
I have set up AOL email account as IMAP type and keep getting pop up in outlook " your IMAP server wants to alert you the following: Can't read attachment for message 6438. this pops up for many times and each time the number is different. new profile same issue. Office Version:Office 2007 Operating System:Windows Vista / Windows 7 - same issue. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently p...

Exchange 2003 SP1 to get DST patch & Exchange 2000 patch is available to anyone for $4,000
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C746B0.CFF31030 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable http://blogs.technet.com/hied_west_blog/archive/2007/02/01/dst-2007-updat= e-outlook-time-zone-data-update-tool-released-february-1-2007.aspx In the "New Highlights" section: "Exchange Server 2003 SP1 will now be = supported for an updated version of the Exchange CDO patch to be = released shortly." and "DST Hotfixes for products in Extended Support can now be purchased for = ...

Simple Access counting queries

Count # of cells b/w cells ...
Hello, I have the following data in a column: 7 0 0 0 7 0 0 0 0 0 7 0 0 7 0 0 0 0 0 0 7 etc. The number of zero's between the 7's is random. I want a formula tha would count the number of zeros between the 7's. Thanks, Ari Bar -- AriBar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AriBari's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38806 Assume A5:A20 is the data, try this: B5 = A5+B4 (copy formula down) Now make a table with 2 column...

Missing transactions?
In my Account List view, I see that there are "Transactions to read: 13" for my checking account. However, when I go to my checking account, there are no unread transactions! Note that I do have "View: All Transactions covering All Dates" selected as the view, so I would expect to see all of the transactions. I've been using MS Money for years, and this is the first time this problem has come up. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this? Thanks, DJ You could try deleting the statement from the account list, right click where it says 'X tr...

Voiding Transactions
Hello, We are trying to analyze whether to void or delete orders and have questions as far as what happens when an order is voided. I've tried searching the knowledgebase and in the documenatation folder but it doesn't have the information that I'm looking for. Can someone tell me what what happens when you void an order and whether it un-allocates the line items on the order? Also, we know that it goes to history when the order is voided but how do we know it is a voided order from any other type of order? Thanks, Eric * will be shown with voided orders which shows ...

Vendor transactions and checks
I'm trying to create a vendor payment report from my program. From which tables I can get the vendor payable transaction information??? I also need to know whether there is a check aleady issue to a transaction. Thank you. ...

count if a match occurs
Hi! I have two rows - say Row 1 and Row 2. In the first row I have a answer key. In the second row I have answers from a student. I would like to write a formula where it counts how many answers student got write. Here is a example: Row 0: Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Row 1: 1 4 2 3 4 1 Row 2: 3 4 1 3 4 1 So student marked 4 questions correctly: Q2, Q4, Q5 and Q6. Hence, the formula should return 4. I know one way to do it but I am sure there is more efficient way to do it. The way I know: Use if statement to compare two corresponding entries and output 1 if...

Getting kicked of outlook2003
Every time I print directly after I get kicked offline Do you mean that Outlook closes? "jp614" <jp614@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:150AB89F-0A3D-4D31-B2EF-0E3E1A852199@microsoft.com... > Every time I print directly after I get kicked offline No, It completely boots me off the network. When I loose connection to Outlook it takes my computer offline--looses connection... "Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote: > Do you mean that Outlook closes? > > "jp614" <jp614@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > ...

Count Age Grouping
I have an access 2k database in which I need to count groups of records of individuals by that age groups such as 14- 20 no of individuals 21-30 no of individuals 31-40 no of individuals 41-50 no of individuals 51-60 no of individuals 61-70 no of individuals 71-80 no of individuals 80+ no of individuals I have both DOB and Age fields in the table I have tried several queries but with no luck and ideas On 19 Mar 2007 16:51:49 -0700, "Nemesis_uk" <nemesis_uk@ntlworld.com> wrote: >I have an access 2k ...

Count the text in a column
I would like to count the text in a column then for it to add a figure in another cell if it meets the text criteria Thanks! Do you mean count the characters? If so =SUM(NOT(ISNUMBER(A1:A20))*LEN(A1:A20)) as an array formula (committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Peter Curtis" <PeterCurtis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94C093C4-38DC-4989-846A-9352F3298B7C@microsoft.com... > I would like to count the text in a column then for it to add a figure in > another cell if it meets the t...

get rid of extra spaces between paragraphs worked only once.
Changed style from Word 7 to Word 3, used help online, but still have 2 left with spaces I cannot get rid of on my last page. Got any help for me? -- Only fools and bigots prefer French over Spanish to be taught in public or private schools. In the Styles pane (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S), right-click the style name and choose Modify from the context menu. In the Modify Style dialog box, click Format, Paragraph. Make sure that Line Spacing is what you want, and that Spacing Before and Spacing After are both set to zero. Click OK. To transfer the style definition to the attached template, d...

Upgrade GP 9.0 SP2 to GP 10.0 Advice
Hi, We are planning our upgrade of GP9.0 SP2 to GP10.0. We are running SQL 2000 and would like to also upgrade to SQL 2005. I am using the following url (and read some threads on this forum): https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/knowledgebase/hottopics/hot_topic_updatingmicrosoftdynamicsgp10.htm?printpage=false (page: Updating to Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0) The chart Microsoft provides says I can go from 9.00.0281 (which is SP2) to 10.0 or any patch install. What does "any patch install" mean? Does this mean I can't go directly to 10.0 Feature Pack 1? Would i...

ESM 2003 info store Error on WinXP PC
ESM 2003 on Windows XP SP1a PC: Installed exchange system manager onto a windows xp sp 1a pc. I can run ESM fine, yet not administer public folders. When I access a public folder's properties, select the Permissions Tab and click "client permissions" button, I get an error-- The information store could not be opened. The logon to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer failed. MAPI 1.0 ID no: 80040111-0286-00000000 ID no: c105000 Exchange System Manager OK. Any ideas to resolve? Using ESM on server (even through RDC) works fine! Thanks! ~Terry ...

Need Help With GP Item Pricing
GP ITEM PRICING I need to use “Bucket Pricing” for items in GP. For example below is the pricing schedule that I need to use. First 20 …………….$ 1.75 Next 280 ……………… 1.36 Next 700 ……………… 1.23 Next 2,000 ……………… 1.09 Over 3,000 ……………… .82 So if I had a Qty. of 350 it would be as follows 20 * 1.75 = 35 280 * 1.36 = 380.80 50 * 1.23 = 61.50 Total : $477.30 In GP I can only set it up to do a “Quantity Range” in the Item Price List Maintenance window. Problem is if I set it up that way and enter a quantity of 350 it will default to the $1.23 ...

Get firefox- The fastest web browser in the world!
FireFox is a web browser created by Mozilla,it's the fatest web browser in whole world download now from site: http://hot-firefox.blogspot.com/ joke-master wrote: > FireFox is a web browser created by Mozilla,it's the fatest web > browser in whole world > download now from site: > http://hot-firefox.blogspot.com/ > If you don't mind it's memory leaks. If you re-boot each day it may not be a problem for you. Al ...