stock count entry variances - no cost adjustment

Is there a way (via setup?) to prevent cost adjustments from happening when
there is a variance on stock count entry?  Also, 2nd question, when creating
stock count schedules, is there a way to determine that all sales inventory
items did show up on a schedule?  Thanks in advance for any help!

In posting setup you can set the process to NOT post through.  Then it will
create unposted batches that you need to post or delete.  I assume you have
some reason not to post a particular batch or two as in day to day
operations, these should be posted to GL or your GL will go out of balance
with your inventory.

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"mv at metolius" wrote:

> Is there a way (via setup?) to prevent cost adjustments from happening when
> there is a variance on stock count entry?  Also, 2nd question, when creating
> stock count schedules, is there a way to determine that all sales inventory
> items did show up on a schedule?  Thanks in advance for any help!
0
info4071 (3005)

how to delete duplicated entries from an excel list
how to delete duplicated entries from an excel list Chip Pearson has tons of ways of working with duplicates at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm stewart wrote: > > how to delete duplicated entries from an excel list -- Dave Peterson Use the technique here to tag the dupes, then autofilter on the tag and delete the filtered rows http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#TaggingDuplicates "stewart" wrote: > how to delete duplicated entries from an excel list ...

Counting how many different names in a long list
I have a list of 332 names many of them are duplicated. I am looking for a formula or function that can count how many unique names there are in the list. Can anyone help? -- Quaisne ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Quaisne's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28052 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=501357 This'll count the number of distinct values in a range: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A99<>"")/COUNTIF(A1:A99,A1:A99&"")) (adjust the range to matc...

Purchase Price Variance
We have a large PPV and I think it has to do with the fact that we went from using Standard Cost to Current Cost. Is it possible that items on older purchase orders that were created when we were using std cost are cosing these PPV's? If so, where do I update in the POP10310 to have the items use currect cost (FIFO Perpetual)? Thank you PPV accrued when you work on stadard costing and your purchase price is different. Purcahse order price is not having any impact on costing. However, if your item receipt price and invoice price are different and you did not choose the option to re...

State table lookup
Hi I have a form for entering Customer data. When entering a new record, I have a lookup combo box to validate the state that the user enters. The combo box displays the state code and the state name. (ie. Ca and California). The state code is the bound value and the state name is the display value. The only time I want to display the full state name is when the user is entering data into the form. I want the state code to be displayed on queries, forms, and reports. Is there a way to do this ? Thanks in advance Mark Create a table with 2 fields like this: StateID Text (say...

Counting rows of blanks across certain columns
I have a survey whose answers were recorded in Excel. The answers for a particular question extend from Q6 to Z505. I need to count the people who did not answer the question (that is, the people, entered in rows 6 to 505 that left columns Q through Z blank). I'm not sure how to do this. Can someone offer a suggestion? Hi You can use a formula like this in Column AA =IF(COUNTA(Q6:Z6)=0,1,"") copy down till AA505 You can use a simple Sum formula now to count the empty ones =SUM(AA6:AA505) -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "crossingboston" <...

Outlook 2002: can't add new contacts, or new calendar entries
Hi; I've been struggling to get Outlook 2002 to add new contacts. They are created, but the name won't appear. Also when I try to add an event to the calendar, nothing appears. I have had these problems since Outlook 2000, which was the main reason I upgraded to Office XP Pro. But it hasn't solved the problem. I also find I can't get the auto archive to work properly, it often stops. I can't manually drag/move older emails to the archive folders, only newer ones. I've run the SCANPST program a few times, no errors. I've been trying to reduce the siz...

Field with running count of records
Hi, I have a query with fields such as date, Item Number and Quantity. I want to create an additional field called Count that will act like an autonumber. It will assign a value of 1 for the first record, 2 for the second number etc. Can someone tell me how to do this? Thanks, -- Chuck W There are tons of posts on how to create a "ranking" query. You must have a field or fields that uniquely identify the sort order. If you provided significant table and field names as well as your desired sort order, someone could create the SQL for you if you can't search for and fi...

Help does not allow entry in Answer Wizard or Index tab
Hello -- I am using Office 2000 Pro; Excel version is 9.0.6976 SP-3.. If I click a word in VBA, Help displays a help screen about it. However, the top menu bar says "Microsoft Access Help". I have Access on the machine. And, if I click the Answer Wizard or Index tab, the shape of the cursor in any field changes to a horizontal, double-ended arrow. Can anyone tell he how to solve this problem? Thanks for any help. L Mehl --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.572 / Virus Database: 362 - Release Date...

Count If.....help
I am trying to sum the amount of time two words "high" and "very high" appear in a col....I can get this to work for one word but when i try and nest the statement it doest work - Why and how to i solve it. =COUNTIF('(R2) Risks Log'!L9:L99,"Very High",CountIF(Risks Log'!L9:L99,"High")) thanks. First, your question is ambiguous. Are you tring to count the number of times a cell's contents - as a whole - is either "High" or "Very High"? Or are you looking to count how many times the a) word or b) phra...

Displaying Total Word Count on Cover Sheet
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I want to display/show the Total Word count of my document on the Cover Page, when I print my document is is there on the Cover Page. How can I do that? Is there an Auto Text or something like that that I can use? Please anyone reply please. You can use Insert> Field to insert the NumWords Field from the Document Information category. However, the field does not update automatically. You need to update it manually by clicking in the field & pressing F9, by Control/Right-Clicking the Field & selecting...

Count with Hidden cells
Is there a way to count the number of text filled cells excluding the cells that I have hidden? Depends on the version of excel, excel 2003 works like =SUBTOTAL(103,A1:A10) won't count hidden cells -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Stretch" <Stretch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F387E47-FC1F-4AEB-8A6C-2B37BC012DD1@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to count the number of text filled cells excluding the > cells > that I have hidden? What does the 103 stand for? "Peo Sjoblom" wrote: > Depends on the v...

Online stock/fund price update erratic in Money 2002
In the past this function worked OK. Recently, after adding some stocks to the portfolio, I have to go into "Choose stocks to update", uncheck all the other existing stocks, check the new stocks and then do an online update. When I start adding the old stocks back, it will update some, but not all. I am forced to do this unchecking and checking multiple times to get an update done. Any suggestions? try update on the money program. in 2003 there is "internet updates" button on status bar bottom of window. select the "update now" and "money upda...

Variable item costs
Hello. Our business (jewelry) has many items whose costs fluctuate based on current exchange rates...also our discount rates with some of our suppliers can vary based on different currency rates as well. Is there any work around, offset, best practice or method that anyone can think of or is using to deal with this situation with respect to configuring item prices? Best Regards, finally a question i can help answer! (hopefully :-) I'm pretty sure what you need to do is start using a "Weighted Average". RMS has this feature where the cost of an item is averaged over time ...

add entries to Calendar
when adding an entry into the calendar(Outlook 2002), say an hourlong meeting for a week from now, it displays at the top of my calendar from the day entered until the meeting is over. any way to not show this? this isn't normal, its only happening to one user. ...

Item Transaction Entry
We currently have two companies and would like to know the best way to transfer inventory from one to the other. Currently we use Transactions-->Inventory-->Item Transaction and enter a (-) Qty to get the item out of Compay A, and do the same (+) Qty in Company B to get the item into the Inventory of Company B. We follow up with a report (using a batch name to mark these transactions) to do Intracompany transactions to match the totals. Without purchasing a 3rd party software to handle advanced intercompany transactions, what is the best practice at this point. Thanks Ric...

How can I count the number of emails sent externally a month
My boss wants me to find out what our average number of external emails sent per month is. How can I extract this information out of Exchange. Thanks You could enable message tracking, and then you could use Log Parser to get a nice little csv file that you can import in a SQL or Access database file... More info on Log Parse here: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/tools/logparser/default.mspx HTH Ilse <test2005@bgop.org.uk> wrote in message news:1134047646.645570.287390@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > My boss wants me to find out what our average number of exte...

Easy Frequency Counts?
I have a spreadsheet column with about 4,000 zipcodes extracted from a mailing list. Many of the zipcodes are multiples. I would like to run some sort of function to tell me how many instances of each zipcode there are. I've looked at the "frequency" and "histogram" functions, but they seem to require buckets or ranges. I need to know the count for each zipcode even if it is listed only once. Is there an easy way to do this? Many thanks. You could add titles, sort by zipcode, then apply data|subtotals to count each zipcode. Or you could add titles and use Da...

Sorting to count
Reason Location BENT 1 POR 2 BENT 2 POR 1 BENT 1 I want to set a formula that will count only the location 1's that ar bent. Can anyone help?????????????????????:confused: ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com YOu can put in a new column with the following =if(and(a1=&...

SumProduct counting negative numbers
I have 2 columns as follows: A B -$24.00 n/a $200 n/a $350 n/a $65 9.30% $32 n/a n/a 5% i need a function that will count the number of times column A appears with n/a only ( so in this case its 4). I have this so far...i don't know how to write it so its counts the negative value: =SUMPRODUCT(--(G5:G15>=0),--(H5:H15="n/a")) I also need a formula that will count the occurrance of when column B has a value when column A has an n/a. In this case the answer would be 1. I hope that make sense... Correction: i need a functio...

journal entries #4
I'm unable to view journal entries for the last 30 days. I unchecked the "do not archive" option, but every week, my previous entried are deleted. Any suggestions/help will be greatly appreciated. Check your view settings -- make sure you don't have a filter set to hide older items. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0C1DE6C5-E7D2-459C-B79A-31E2C7CAADB6@microsoft.com, MeliOntheJOB wrote: > I'm unable to view journal entr...

How do I prepare a cost-volume-profit (CVP) graph using EXCEL?
How do I prepare a cost-volume-profit (CVP) graph using EXCEL? ...

What formula can one use to Count dates?
Here's the Question: I want to know what I will get paid TODAY, THISWEEK(Monday-Friday) or by the MONTH. I know how to get what I will get paid today: In cell C2 =IF(A2=TODAY(),B2,). I don't know how to get the Week (D2) and Month.(E2) Please help. Digital2k A B C D E F 1 Dates Amount Today This This Week Month 2 6/27/06 $500 0 $700 $700 3 6/28/06 $200 $200 $700 $700 4 7/1/06 $600 0 0 $700 __________________________...

remove "linear" from trendline legend entry
Hi, I am plotting some data but I only want to show the trends so I've hidden all the scatter points and am showing just the linear trendlines. However, the legend entries are Linear (April), Linear (May) etc...is there any way to just show the series names without "Linear"? Thanks. Right-click the trendline. In the pop-up menu choose Format Trendline. In the dialog box that appears, choose the Options tab. Under Trendline name, select Custom and fill in the new name. -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA . http://www.contextures.com/excel-sort-addin.html . (editorial review of ...

Double calendar entries
Hello - We are using Outlook 2003. When I get meeting requests - if I accept the request, I get double entries on my calendar. If I decline, I am left with one entry with it saying "You have not responded to this request" but it's still on my calendar... Any help? Thanks Doug ...

count function in pivot table
How to count the number of types under certain group in a pivot table: Such as one sku occurs twice under one customer, I only need 1 in pivot table, instead of count the numbers of occurrences: 2 A pivot table won't calculate a unique count. You could add a column to the list, then add that field to the pivot table. There's an example here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot07.html#Unique Holly wrote: > How to count the number of types under certain group in a pivot table: > > Such as one sku occurs twice under one customer, I only need 1 in pivot > table, inst...