Stock count entry #4

Hi,

We have GP 7.5 and we are about to do physical stock taking for the first
time.

We would be using scanners so the stock count results would be available in
excel format (with item codes and matching counted quantity).

We are familiar with creating a stock count in GP.

Since we have nearly 15,000 item codes it wont be practical to type in the
count quantity into the stock count entry screen. So we are trying to find
out if the excel file with the count data can be uploaded into the stock
count enntry screen - Does
GP have a menu option for this or this can be done through a data upload -
if so how?

Please clarify.

Thanks in advance.

Carl G
0
jdavidyy (45)

There is no off-the-shelf import into stock count entry for Inventory from
Microsoft. There are third-party products from Radio Beacon and Maximum Data,
to name two, that integrate bar code scanners with GP.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"CarlG" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have GP 7.5 and we are about to do physical stock taking for the first
> time.
>
> We would be using scanners so the stock count results would be available in
> excel format (with item codes and matching counted quantity).
>
> We are familiar with creating a stock count in GP.
>
> Since we have nearly 15,000 item codes it wont be practical to type in the
> count quantity into the stock count entry screen. So we are trying to find
> out if the excel file with the count data can be uploaded into the stock
> count enntry screen - Does
> GP have a menu option for this or this can be done through a data upload -
> if so how?
>
> Please clarify.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Carl G
0
callen (2505)
8/21/2006 7:43:01 PM
No smooth way to do this AFAIK.

Would this work for you?

Export your item quantities into Excel from Smartlist.

Copy and paste your stock count into the spread sheet

Subtract one from the other to get the variances.

Use Integration Manager to import the variances into the inventory
transaction entry screen

With 15,000 items this may be faster than entering them manually.

"CarlG" <jdavidyy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> We have GP 7.5 and we are about to do physical stock taking for the first
> time.
>
> We would be using scanners so the stock count results would be available
in
> excel format (with item codes and matching counted quantity).
>
> We are familiar with creating a stock count in GP.
>
> Since we have nearly 15,000 item codes it wont be practical to type in the
> count quantity into the stock count entry screen. So we are trying to find
> out if the excel file with the count data can be uploaded into the stock
> count enntry screen - Does
> GP have a menu option for this or this can be done through a data upload -
> if so how?
>
> Please clarify.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Carl G

0
news_jamrock (304)
8/22/2006 2:05:41 AM
If this is going to be a recurring event, you should definitely consider
doing a customization to do this.  A small VB application could do this for
you.  The object table, IV10301 is pretty simple.

"CarlG" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have GP 7.5 and we are about to do physical stock taking for the first
> time.
>
> We would be using scanners so the stock count results would be available in
> excel format (with item codes and matching counted quantity).
>
> We are familiar with creating a stock count in GP.
>
> Since we have nearly 15,000 item codes it wont be practical to type in the
> count quantity into the stock count entry screen. So we are trying to find
> out if the excel file with the count data can be uploaded into the stock
> count enntry screen - Does
> GP have a menu option for this or this can be done through a data upload -
> if so how?
>
> Please clarify.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Carl G
0
SteveChapman (349)
8/22/2006 5:53:02 PM
Check out Compass Technologies:

http://www.compasstechnologies.com/

They have a Stock Count Import product, supposedly.  No information on their
site.  Call them.

"CarlG" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have GP 7.5 and we are about to do physical stock taking for the first
> time.
>
> We would be using scanners so the stock count results would be available in
> excel format (with item codes and matching counted quantity).
>
> We are familiar with creating a stock count in GP.
>
> Since we have nearly 15,000 item codes it wont be practical to type in the
> count quantity into the stock count entry screen. So we are trying to find
> out if the excel file with the count data can be uploaded into the stock
> count enntry screen - Does
> GP have a menu option for this or this can be done through a data upload -
> if so how?
>
> Please clarify.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Carl G
0
SteveChapman (349)
8/22/2006 8:13:02 PM
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Difficult to understand why GP does not seem to have this feature to upload
physical count data into stock count entry screen as this would be a
requirement for most installations with several inventory items.

If integration manager can be used to post variances, cant the same be used
for the above upload as well?

Thanks

Carl G

"Steve Chapman" wrote:

> Check out Compass Technologies:
>
> http://www.compasstechnologies.com/
>
> They have a Stock Count Import product, supposedly.  No information on their
> site.  Call them.
>
> "CarlG" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > We have GP 7.5 and we are about to do physical stock taking for the first
> > time.
> >
> > We would be using scanners so the stock count results would be available in
> > excel format (with item codes and matching counted quantity).
> >
> > We are familiar with creating a stock count in GP.
> >
> > Since we have nearly 15,000 item codes it wont be practical to type in the
> > count quantity into the stock count entry screen. So we are trying to find
> > out if the excel file with the count data can be uploaded into the stock
> > count enntry screen - Does
> > GP have a menu option for this or this can be done through a data upload -
> > if so how?
> >
> > Please clarify.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Carl G
0
jdavidyy (45)
8/23/2006 8:46:02 AM
Read Jamrock's response.  It indicates how to do just that.  Good luck.

"CarlG" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Difficult to understand why GP does not seem to have this feature to upload
> physical count data into stock count entry screen as this would be a
> requirement for most installations with several inventory items.
>
> If integration manager can be used to post variances, cant the same be used
> for the above upload as well?
>
> Thanks
>
> Carl G
>
> "Steve Chapman" wrote:
>
> > Check out Compass Technologies:
> >
> > http://www.compasstechnologies.com/
> >
> > They have a Stock Count Import product, supposedly.  No information on their
> > site.  Call them.
> >
> > "CarlG" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > We have GP 7.5 and we are about to do physical stock taking for the first
> > > time.
> > >
> > > We would be using scanners so the stock count results would be available in
> > > excel format (with item codes and matching counted quantity).
> > >
> > > We are familiar with creating a stock count in GP.
> > >
> > > Since we have nearly 15,000 item codes it wont be practical to type in the
> > > count quantity into the stock count entry screen. So we are trying to find
> > > out if the excel file with the count data can be uploaded into the stock
> > > count enntry screen - Does
> > > GP have a menu option for this or this can be done through a data upload -
> > > if so how?
> > >
> > > Please clarify.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.
> > >
> > > Carl G
0
SteveChapman (349)

Getting stock quotes
Is there a cheap & easy way to get an excel spreadsheet to automatically find a closing stock quote, for a certain date? For example, if I have the stock ticker in column A and the Date in column B, how can I get the closing price in column C? Right now, I am going to the Historical quotes page in Yahoo finance and manually copying and pasting the closing prices. Thanks! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I've sent you a file that will down...

Linking Workbooks #4
I have a Summary Workbook and it gets information from other workbooks Whenever I open it it will not update - it has an entry of 0 - I have to go through the tedious task of doing it manually This is what is in the Cell ='C:\Program Files\GoFigure\[Projection.xls]Sheet1'!$A$38 I am using Excel 2007 What are your Macro Security settings set to? "Nylex" wrote: > I have a Summary Workbook and it gets information from other workbooks > > Whenever I open it it will not update - it has an entry of 0 - I have to go > through the tedious task of doing it manua...

Best Opportunity in online business world ------> (NEOBUX) (JUST VIEW THE 4 ADVERTISEMENTS)
Hi guys ::::::::::::::::::::: Great Opportunity in online business, LEGAL BUSINESS . So Dont ignore this opportunity.. Be success person in online business world. ******************************************************************************************************** http://www.neobux.com/?r=clikme (JUST VIEW THE 4 ADVERTISEMENTS AT DALIY) ******************************************************************************************************** COME ON.... GO ON>> and SUCCESS IN UR SIDE NOTES ABOUT NEO-BUX :::: WHAT IS NEO...

How much space do Calendar entries take?
Hi all- I'm struggling with capacity limits in Exchange 5.5 standard. How much space do Calendar entries take up in the priv info store? Are old entries ever purged? If not, what happens several years from now? Would it free up any meaningful resources to purge old years' calendar entries on everybody's mailbox? Thanks for your comments. They won't go away on their own, they will simply continue to increase the mailbox size. You can use the mailbox manager (located in the support directory of service pack 4) to clean up old calendar appointments, tasks, journal etc quite ea...

Blank Cells #4
Hello, I am trying to do the following: 1 - In Cell A4 display the SUM of A1 + A2 + A3 if at least one of these cells is not empty. 2 - In Cell A6 display A5-A4 if both cells are not empty. How can I do this? Thank You, Miguel = Sum(A1:A3) ...and... =IF(AND(LEN(A5),LEN(A4)),A5-A4,"") -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware (free and commercial excel programs) "Shapper" <mdmoura@gmail.com> wrote in message news:25110584.2678.1325119728434.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@yqnd19... > Hello, > > I am trying to do ...

distinct count of text in different wb?
How do you do a distinct count of text in another workbook? I've seached online and have found several formulas but can't get any to work right. This is the formula I last tried... =SUMPRODUCT((Queue_User_Routing.csv,$B$2:$B$2000<>"")/COUNTIF(Queue_User_Routing.csv!$B$2:$B$2000,$B$2:$B$2000)) Any suggestions? Thanks!!! -Danny This is the formula syntax that I'd use: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A10<>"")/COUNTIF(A1:A10,A1:A10&"")) =SUMPRODUCT((Queue_User_Routing.csv!$B$2:$B$2000<>"") /COUNTIF(Queue_User_Routing.csv!$B$2:...

How do I limit data entry columns?
I have 3 columns of data I want to record from a whole pile of bank statements: Date, Amount, Code So, it's a lot of data-entry. How do make the cursor cycle the 3 columns as I am inputing data so that I can just use the ENTER key after entering in these numbers? TIA Hi Mark, One way: Below your column headers, select a 3-column block of (say) 100 rows - change to suit, preferably slightly greater than your anticipated data entry requirement. Set cursor movement on enter to Down or Right (Tools | Edit | Direction) according to the desired data entry direction. --- Regar...

Automating offline entry of stock quotes in MS Money
I am using MS Money 2000. Stock quotes from the stock exchange in my country (Nigeria) are sent through e-mail (as excel attachment) to subscribers by stock brokers. Hitherto, I have always entered the stock prices into my portfolio using the manual approach which is very tasking. Is there a way to automate this task such that the prices will update in MS money? Unfortunately not with prices from the Nigerian exchange. Microsoft haven't released anything to allow semi-automatic update of prices (which is a shame due to people wanting to import price histories too). -- Glyn Simpson...

Read Only #4
Hi A couple of times now I have placed an excel 2003 file on a site for download (winzipped), and when the file has been downloaded and extracted and changes having been made, the user has been unable to save changes because it has become read only. Why would this happen (it was not read only prior to uploading), and what is the best way to get round this inconvenience? I should add that all tool bars are hidden by code when macros are enabled, so no menus are available. TIA Sandy hi, Sandy ! could you be a little more specific on some (minor) details ? (i.e.) - when/where/how...

Payables batch entry problem
Hi everyone, Our payables dept has a problem with Payables Batch Entry where when they edit an existing or enter a new batch and then select computer check as the origin the post option gets grayed out. They're claiming it never was like that and that happened just recently. What could be the cause of it? I've checked the posting options under setup and nothing sticks out at me. I've also checked for stuck batches or anything that might be suspect. Thanks, -- Jim Bourque Jim, Cheque Batches do not get Posted from the Batch Entry Window, they need ...

Data entry form lookup feature
I want to be able to add a feature to a data entry form that will allow managers to pull up a previously entered form in the event an issue is found in the entry. Is this possible? I dont want them to have to go to a table. On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 06:16:04 -0700, Belinda7237 <Belinda7237@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I think you meant to say "a previously entered record in the same form". That's possible, but not as simple as you might think. DoCmd.OpenForm can't do this, but "dim x as new <YourFormname>" can. -Tom. >I want to be able to add ...

Can exchange 4.0 support outlook 2003?
I use outlook 2000 as a client , exchange 4.0 is my server. now I update outlook 2000 to outlook 2003. i can not check my name,it says 'choice criterion is too complex ..' My outlook 2003 is fine, i can use it as a client of exchange 2000. thanks for any help. You'll probably struggle to find anyone who's got an Exchange 4.0 server around for testing with. I can't confirm whether what you're seeing is a problem or not. You really need to move away from Exchange 4.0 - that's over 7 years old now! Using Outlook 2003 with Exchange 4.0 is a bit like bolting a Roll...

counta formula that doesn't count duplicates
I have excel 2003 How can I create a formula that counts items in a column without counting duplicates? sorry if this comes through twice, I entered it once and it doesn't seem to come up even though other new questions have popped in. thanks Meenie Hi, Try this with the range adjusted to suit =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A10<>"")/COUNTIF(A1:A10,A1:A10&"")) Mike "Meenie" wrote: > I have excel 2003 > How can I create a formula that counts items in a column without counting > duplicates? > sorry if this comes through twice,...

Limiting the number if instances of an entry
I am creating a database to book people onto courses. I would like to limit the number of entries booked onto course number 1 to 12 people so that the course does not become overbooked, is there a way of only allowing 12 instances of the number 1 in a field named "course number"? I am not a computer expert so please can replies be aimed at "MS Access for dummies". Thanks, Andrea On my website (www.rogersaccesslibrary.com), is a small Access database sample called "TrainingRegistration.mdb" which illustrates how to do this. -- --Roger Carlson MS Access ...

error message when accessing "Item Stock Inquiry" screen
Hi - I get the error message "A get/change operation on table 'tcsSYSTB00000_WindowParams cannot find the table." when i open the item stock inquiry screen; you click OK, and no data shows on the screen. How can this be fixed? Thank you - This looks like You have a customization done on the Stock Inquiry Screen and somehow when You are trying to access the data, it is not able to call the table you are referring to. Go to SQL Management studio and query the table. Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP On May 5, 12:14=A0am, Oumar <Ou...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > H...

Inventory historical stock status report #2
Hello, I am using GP ver. 8.00 (no service pack installed) I generated Inventory historical stock status report (Detail) as of date is 31 Dec’07. In this report, one of the item have zero quantity but the extended Amount shows an amount $. 1,421. The details of the report is as follows: Current Quantity Qty: 550 Calculated unit Cost: $.15.760 Extended Amt.$.8,668.461 16/01/08 RCT005678 Mod: POP Qty: -500 Calculated unit Cost: $.13.180 Extended Amt.$.7,246.802 I understand, Current Quantity Unit Cost is after matching the POP Transaction and Landed Cost. Why in this report,...

inserting and renaming a sheet vba #4
excellent, thank -- Matt Housto ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt Houston's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=451 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26717 ...

Need help on mail merge with 4 up postcards Avery 3380
I just upgraded from Office 2000/Win XP to Office 2007/Win Vista 64 Ultimate. I had previously created postcards using Publisher and a mailing list (datsource) using Word and everything was fine in Publisher 2000. The Avery postcard stock is titled 3380 (or use template 8387) and is 4 up using landscape print. I have a deskjet 6840 that I can manually duplex on. When I try to do this on Publisher 2007, I select File-Print Merge and Multiple pages per sheet. It seems to know it's 4 up, that is on one side of the paper there are 4 printable areas, but it prints on one side: <front>...

Can you have multiple, independent clipboard entries simultaneousl
Very often I want to copy and paste several different, widely separated things from a web page and it would be great if after Control C you could do a Control Something Else and then a Control Something Elser and have them all in your clipboard when you're ready to paste. (Of course you'd also have to have a Control V then Control V1 and Control V2 or its equivalent.) Is this possible? I have a cheap pocket calculator with 3 different memory stores so there is precedent. -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > Very often I want to copy and paste several dif...

Data Migration Manager and Attachments in CRM 4.0
We are using the Data Migration Manager to import data into CRM 4.0 from another system. All of our data seems to be migrating fine except for attachments. The note is important and the attachment appears to be there, but the size of the attachment is 0 kb, and We have followed all the steps in the help files including: 1)We put all the notes/attachments into a Notes.csv file with a column specifying the entity, a column that contains the unique (entity) id, and a column with the filename. 2)We moved all of the attachments to a sub-folder named 'Attachments' within the folder...

CRM 4.0 mapping
I have created a custom attribute called Region which is a picklist under Contacts. I need that field to also be in Accounts. When I do a 1:N relationship under Contact and associate it with Account the Region is listed as a lookup and not a picklist and I cannot change that. I need it to be the same field as it is in contact. Does anyone know how do I do that? Thank you in advance for your assistance! The way I have handled this in the past is to create the custom attribute in the Account Entity. Make sure your picklist matches exactly to the Contact picklist. Example 1 = Value 1 2 ...

Cisco VPN Client 4.8.x install causes RUNONCE in registry to execute before reboot!
I am building a series of scripts (basically batch files) to automate certain tasks in Windows XP. There are several scripts I need to run,and often multiple reboots are needed. So in order to continue after each reboot, I simply use the RunOnce command (HKLM/Software/ Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/RunOnce) to run the next script after a reboot has occurred. I do this by having a command in each script that just imports a reg file into the registry which is the command for the RunOnce command. Sounds simply enough. The problem is when I install the Cisco VPN client (our compa...

Outlook E-Mail #4
When logging into either Outlook, or Outlook Express I get the following message "The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'xxxxxx', Server: 'pop.xxxxx.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E" What is the cause & cure? ...

COMPARE AND COUNT VALUES
I have the high temperatures for the month in column B and the average temperature for the date in column D. I want to compare the high temperature in column B against the average temperature in column D and count the occurrences for the month where the high temperature exceeded the average. Thanks Hi one way (if your data starts in row 2) =SUMPRODUCT(--(B2:B100>D2:D100)) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ron wrote: > I have the high temperatures for the month in column B > and the average temperature for the date in column D. I > want to compare the high temper...

HI im Kelsey and is looking 4 a pen pal
Hi im 14 and live in Cape Town, im looking for a new pen-pal New pen-pal wrote: > Hi im 14 and live in Cape Town, im looking for a new pen-pal A noob FBI new-hire is trolling for pedophiles again. ...