Still can't use business portal

ActiveX doesn't work in Mozilla? Why isn't your product cross browser
compliant? Does Great Plains not care about customer choice? I happen to know
that your product CAN be equally functional by sticking to industry
standards. Why is it that Microsoft insists on making their product not work
for people using alternate browsers?

Especially when considering all the critical exploits that IE has had in the
last year hat allow people root access to the system, I would think that
Microsoft would want to protect their customers by being as standards
compliant as they could.

Good luck with this latest JPEG/Stego exploit... by the way, did I mention
that it can put give administrative privileges to anyones system as long as
they view it in IE?
0
Xeno (13)

Shared use of excel work books
Hi, Can anyone tell me "if I have an excel workbook (with multiple worksheets that report to the first worksheet) on a shared drive whether it can be set up for multiple users to access it and use it at the same time?" These users will be accessing their single worksheet to update it periodically with the first worksheet being the project leaders sheet where he gets to see all the other worksheets on his one sheet. -- Ian Hi Ian, You can do this by selcting "shareworkbook" from the tools menu and checking the 'allow changes by more than one use'. Beware th...

How to make a CSocket console app using VC6 appwizard
Hi, I'm having some difficulties making a console application, which uses CSockets, with appwizard. Problem is probably that appwizard does not include the right lib's. Any suggestions ? Hi, you can add manually Projects->Settings with Lib file. Regards, Selvam "AkeemBoy" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm having some difficulties making a console application, which uses > CSockets, with appwizard. Problem is probably that appwizard does not > include the right lib's. Any suggestions ? > AkeemBoy wrote: > Hi, > > I'm having some d...

best home based business

How to used HOOK in OutLook Express
Hello All : I want to use hook control .When outlook express received new mail and remove the new eamil to myself mailbox . PS:Use C++ or HOOK .(not outlook express rule) Thanks Stiwin Lee ...

Using the "IF" function?
I setup a worksheet like below A B 1 Jan 123 2 Feb 543 3 Mar 654 4 Apr 456 5 May 645 6 Jun 543 7 Jul 0 8 Aug 0 9 Sep 0 10 Oct 0 11 Nov 0 12 Dec 0 13 When the end of the month, the user will enter some value in the B column, And now I would to setup a formula at A13, if the user enter the value in the B7, then the A13 will show Jul, when the user carry on to enter the value in the B8, then the A13 will change to show Aug, is it possible to setup a if formula or other formula rather than use the macro to doing this? Many Thanks. Ruff Try this: =INDEX...

Unable to update public free/busy data
With Exchange 5.5, we are getting this error periodically in Microsoft Outlook. I believe this was caused because we used to have another exchange server which is no longer. I think the free/busy folder was stored on this other server. I wasn't here when this server existed so I'm somewhat unaware of information regarding that server. I found KB article 184151 which gave some instructions on how to resolve this, but I get stuck at step 5 where it asks me to double-click on the Schedule+ Free Busy Information. "The contents of this public folder are currently unavailable. Eit...

Want use results of Drop down list to look up a value
I am using Excel 2002 and I have a multisheet workbook and on the first sheet I have created a series of 6 drop down lists pulling from predefined named ranges. I also have limited subsequent choices based on what is selected in the other lists. The end result is the user will be selecting parameters that identify a product and now I am stuck with an easy way to look up the associated part number based on the parameters they selected. Essentially, once they have chosen the parameters in the list, I would like to create a macro that uses those values to locate the associated part...

Cannot connect to Exchange Server using Earthlink dial-up
Our remote sales reps all use Earthlink dial-up software to connect to the Internet, and then open up Outlook to connect to our Exchange 5.5 server to check/send/receive e-mail. They use Outlook 2000, and have offline folders set up. All has worked well until this morning. Now, they all get the message, "Network problems are preventing connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer. Contact your system administrator if this condition exists." The first thing that I thought of was that Earthlink has all of a sudden started blocking access to the ports that Exchange requires....

orphaned free busy objects
I have 3 orphaned free busy objects from exchange 5.5 server that were decommissioned months ago. I attempted to delete them form the systems folders view but was ask for a password several times then denied. I found that they did not have a replica on any exchange server so I added one to the local server thinking It would allow me to delete it. Didn’t work and it wont let me remove the replica. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Hi I have excactly the same problem.... Did you fix it ? Is there anyone else who have any clue how to delete this orphaned Free Busy objects ? With Ad...

Using Integration Manager with Act Now!
We are currently using Hawk Mountain's Act Now! add-on for Great Plains v8. This software enables the ability to create more user defined fields in GP, but we cannot figure out how to get Integration Manager to recognize these fields. This is critical, since we have large amounts of data which we need to integrate into these fields. If anyone knows, please let us know. Thanks! From what I know you can not use Integration Manager to integrate into 3rd party modules. You might be better off using the Table Import. There is less data validation but it should work. All integration M...

Example using MFC WinInet classes with POST of FILE and other INPUT data
I am looking for a good example for POSTing both FILE and other INPUT data to a URL. I understand that the FILE must use a multi-part encoding but I do not understand how the atcual file contents get POSTed or how the INPUT data gets POSTed also. I am guessing the INPUT data can be added as part of the query parameters to the URL. ...

Bluetooth: After pair without using a code, CreateFile asks for co
I am trying to use a Bluetooth device in Vista Home Premium. The device does not have a pairing code or any way to enter one. I use "Add Wireless device" in the Bluetooth Devices control panel. My device is found and I choose "pair without using a code". The device pairs OK and its properties show under Services, Serial port ( SPP) 'AT Serial' COM4 But when I call CreateFile to open COM4, Vista shows a "click here" box informing me that a device is trying to connect. When I click the box, I get a dialog asking for the pairing code. How ca...

Using today formula for a template
I would like to use the =today() formula on a telplate, and have it work for the first time it is used only. Is there a way. OK to make it clear, if I have this in a template, I would like to open a telplate, have today's dat appear. and when it is saved, I need that date in there perminantly. Thanks in advance. You'll need to do that when you open the template copy. If the target cell is empty then put today's date in it: Private Sub Workbook_Open() With Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1") If .Text = "" Then .Value = Date ...

Tentative to Busy issue with Resources
In Outlook 2007; I set up a calendar appointment and invite a resource (in this case a meeting room). I schedule the meeting as Tentative (found in the Event Tab and Options group). When I go back later to the appointment I created, I change the status (from Tentative) to Busy and Send an Update. My appointment shows as Busy on my calendar, but the Resource still shows as Tentative. Is this a bug, normal behavior or known issue w/o a solution? Is there a fix or does anyone have anyone insight about this? Thanks! ...

how to change business address
I can't seem to figure out for the life of me WHERE OR HOW to change my business address so my NEW address prints on my invoices now that I have moved. Can anyone help me with this? PLEASE????? LGLEIM In microsoft.public.money, LGleim wrote: > can't seem to figure out for the life of me WHERE OR HOW to change my >business address so my NEW address prints on my invoices now that I have >moved. Can anyone help me with this? PLEASE????? Is there a Tools->Settings->BusinessInformation place? YES!!! You did it! Thank you so much! "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote: ...

free images to use on the internet?
Does anyone know of a website to get free photos/clipart that can be used in powerpoint or publisher docs? Can't we use the microsoft clip art/graphics? There's what comes on the CD and when this is open it says look for more clipart on the web. I asked here once about using it in publications, even something I might sell, and was told I could. Just not include any of it in other "clip art collections" to sell. At least that's how I remember it. Othewise, maybe put in google "free clip art graphics" or something. I don't know what you will get t...

Using Custom Properties
I want to use custom properties to capture process task data while documenting business processes. I am having problems understanding how to make it work. The desired outcome is that I define 8-10 fields in the shape on the stencil so that anytime I drag that shape to the drawing it has all 8-10 fields to be filled in. Currently I can drag a shape to the page, define fields FOR THAT ONE INSTANCE OF THE SHAPE, but I cannot figure out how to change the custom properties on the master shape in a way that ANY TIME I drag the shape to the page the custom properties come with it. Please Help! ...

Fonts name using CDC
Hello, I am drawing text using CDC (MFC control). How can I know all the Fonts available? does anyone know the font list available (if so please, and it is not so long, please write it, or at least tell me how to get it) thanks! Mathieu "Mathieu Fregeau" <mathieu.fregeau@polymtl.ca> wrote in message news:fAg0b.670$HB4.154408@news20.bellglobal.com... > Hello, > > I am drawing text using CDC (MFC control). How can I know all the Fonts > available? does anyone know the font list available (if so please, and it is > not so long, please write it, or at least te...

Using color to ignore cells in a formula?????
Is it possible to set up a formula in excel to ingore certain cells if you should change the color of that cell to a color. Example: =sum(a1:a50) if cell A25 was blue how can I ignore it so that it is not calculated? Mike A. Hi only with VBA. See: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm and http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Mike A." <MikeA@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:65C99320-9FE3-4E11-81C2-C262B82B565B@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to set up a formula in excel to ingore cer...

Likert scale calculation
I have used the following table in my survey: Frequency of use - check which on is applicable: every few hours every few mins every few secs item1 item2 item3 .. .. .. item10 so the sample data looks like this: id item1 item 2 ............. item10 1 hours hrs ................. mins 2 secs hrs ................. mins 3 mins hrs ................. mins I want to add up the hours secs mins for each item..for example (from the above sample): ev...

Using Excel error #N/A in a formula
I would like to capture the error message #N/A in an IF statement Would like to use IF(MATCH(C1,Range,0)=#N/A,"OK","STOP") but it does not seem to work. What is the correct syntax to capture the #N/A error message and display "OK" instead of #N/A? =IF(ISNA(MATCH(C1,Range,0)),"OK","STOP") HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I would like to capture the error message #N/A in an IF statement. > >Would like to use IF(MATCH(C1,Range,0)=#N/A,"OK","STOP") but it does not seem to work. What is the...

Which Function do I use
I want excel to give me each scenerio of adding either some or all of a group of numbers, whether they were positve or negative, that would yield a particular value. For example, the avaiable group has the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 and I want to know what combination of those five numbers when added together, either using all of the numbers or only part of them or even switching some of their signs to negative, would give me the value of 3. So, the answer I want from excel is to say: 1+2=3 or 4-1=3 or 5-2=3 or 2+4-3=3 or 5+4-3-2-1=3, etc. Anybody have any clue how to setup that syste...

Want to use Group By in union Query
I have made query from 2 different table which works fine : SELECT [Customer], "Address:- " & [Address] & " Telephone:- " & [Telephone] & " Fax.:- " & [Fax] AS CustomerDetails FROM [MachHist] UNION SELECT [CoName], "TeleNo:- " & [TeleNo] & " FaxNo:- " & [FaxNo] & " Email:- " & [Email] & " MobileNo:- " & [MobileNo] & " PostBox:- " & [PostBox] FROM [TeleDir]; But when I try add to Group By at the end , it produces error : SELECT ...

Using the Where clause in an update query
Code below was entered into the "Update To" field while writing a query in design view (Wizard)...As a result the "...operand without and operator..." dialogue box shows up. The intent is to update a number identification field to: "061-" & forms!main!line &"-"& equipmentlistings!numberset where forms!main!equipment = equipmentlistings!equipmenttype &"-"& forms!main!method Equipmenttype and Numberset are from the same table, equipmentlisting, all stored as text. Equipmenttype is chosen from a form. I&#...

Spreadsheet view does not refresh when using mouse wheel
When I scroll in a spreadsheet with the mouse wheel (3 brands of mice, two PCs, Excel 2007, same error) the view for some of the cells does not refresh. In other words the cells contain data, but it is invisible. If I use the page up/down keys this does not happen. If I paste something into the view with the blanked out cells, they show up again. Is this a bug? Is there any way to fix it? I find it INCREDIBLY ANNOYING! I have the same problem... very annoying indeed! Have you been able to resolve it? "Orerockon" wrote: > When I scroll in a spreadsheet with the mouse wheel (...