Stcok Count Import From Excel

I was just curious if there was any utility that could do stock count
export/import from Excel? I was surprised not to see it under IM, I just kind
of assumed it would be there.

Currently, My plan is to do a refreshable Excel out and a table import in,
but that just seems ugly and ripe for mistakes on the inbound side. (We have
IM available here, but not Scribe. Otherwise, I'd got that route.)

Anyone have any better suggestions?

The business purpose here is there are 40 locations and most only have a
cash register and inventory case. So, we don't want to put a PC in every
location for stock count and would prefer not to key in everything from the
stock count sheet.

Thanks for any ideas.
0
GPguyMike (33)

GPguyMike,

A terminal server/citrix connection would let them do the update
remotely otherwise table import is your best bet. If you don't have a
PC in each location, how does it get into Excel?

Mark

On May 20, 11:45=A0am, GPguyMike <GPguyM...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> I was just curious if there was any utility that could do stock count
> export/import from Excel? I was surprised not to see it under IM, I just =
kind
> of assumed it would be there.
>
> Currently, My plan is to do a refreshable Excel out and a table import in=
,
> but that just seems ugly and ripe for mistakes on the inbound side. (We h=
ave
> IM available here, but not Scribe. Otherwise, I'd got that route.)
>
> Anyone have any better suggestions?
>
> The business purpose here is there are 40 locations and most only have a
> cash register and inventory case. So, we don't want to put a PC in every
> location for stock count and would prefer not to key in everything from t=
he
> stock count sheet.
>
> Thanks for any ideas.

0
mpolino (496)
5/20/2009 4:41:50 PM
The Excel thing is a great question. I didn't think to ask that. If no
PCs...? hmm..
The folks in charge sound confident that'll work, though. It could also just
be that there's no internet connection or they don't want them using GP and
tossed out no PC as a cover.

If I do go table import has anybody else gone that route? Any potential
pitfalls I should expect other than the standard 'Whoops I deleted UoM column
and now it won't work'?

Thanks, again.

"Mark (DynamicAccounting.net)" wrote:

> GPguyMike,
>
> A terminal server/citrix connection would let them do the update
> remotely otherwise table import is your best bet. If you don't have a
> PC in each location, how does it get into Excel?
>
> Mark
>

> On May 20, 11:45 am,
0
GPguyMike (33)
5/20/2009 4:56:01 PM
You can import your variances as an inventory adjustment transaction via IM.

With this approach you would not use the stock count logic of GP.

You would need to create your stock count sheets in Excel (Smartlist export)
, work out your variances in Excel and just import the adjustments to stock.

I do not like the table import since there is no error checking.  How long
before someone imports data to the wrong field type because they are
rushing?

"GPguyMike" <GPguyMike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I was just curious if there was any utility that could do stock count
> export/import from Excel? I was surprised not to see it under IM, I just
kind
> of assumed it would be there.
>
> Currently, My plan is to do a refreshable Excel out and a table import in,
> but that just seems ugly and ripe for mistakes on the inbound side. (We
have
> IM available here, but not Scribe. Otherwise, I'd got that route.)
>
> Anyone have any better suggestions?
>
> The business purpose here is there are 40 locations and most only have a
> cash register and inventory case. So, we don't want to put a PC in every
> location for stock count and would prefer not to key in everything from
the
> stock count sheet.
>
> Thanks for any ideas.

0
news_jamrock (304)
5/21/2009 9:25:37 AM
I agree with Jamrock on the table import issue and importing inventory
adjustments.

You might look at SmartConnect from eOne Solutions (www.eonesolutions.net).
I don't know if there is an eConnect adapter for the stock count transaction.
However, the cool thing about SmartConnect is you can create forms in Excel
and then import the data from them into GP.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"jamrock" wrote:

> You can import your variances as an inventory adjustment transaction via IM.
>
> With this approach you would not use the stock count logic of GP.
>
> You would need to create your stock count sheets in Excel (Smartlist export)
> , work out your variances in Excel and just import the adjustments to stock.
>
> I do not like the table import since there is no error checking.  How long
> before someone imports data to the wrong field type because they are
> rushing?
>
> "GPguyMike" <GPguyMike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I was just curious if there was any utility that could do stock count
> > export/import from Excel? I was surprised not to see it under IM, I just
> kind
> > of assumed it would be there.
> >
> > Currently, My plan is to do a refreshable Excel out and a table import in,
> > but that just seems ugly and ripe for mistakes on the inbound side. (We
> have
> > IM available here, but not Scribe. Otherwise, I'd got that route.)
> >
> > Anyone have any better suggestions?
> >
> > The business purpose here is there are 40 locations and most only have a
> > cash register and inventory case. So, we don't want to put a PC in every
> > location for stock count and would prefer not to key in everything from
> the
> > stock count sheet.
> >
> > Thanks for any ideas.

0
callen (2505)
5/21/2009 7:18:14 PM
Have you looked at Compass Technologies Stock Count Import program?

http://www.compasstechnologies.com/Products/SCI/content.aspx?alias=Overview&prodname=SCI

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> I agree with Jamrock on the table import issue and importing inventory
> adjustments.
>
> You might look at SmartConnect from eOne Solutions (www.eonesolutions.net).
> I don't know if there is an eConnect adapter for the stock count transaction.
> However, the cool thing about SmartConnect is you can create forms in Excel
> and then import the data from them into GP.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "jamrock" wrote:
>
> > You can import your variances as an inventory adjustment transaction via IM.
> >
> > With this approach you would not use the stock count logic of GP.
> >
> > You would need to create your stock count sheets in Excel (Smartlist export)
> > , work out your variances in Excel and just import the adjustments to stock.
> >
> > I do not like the table import since there is no error checking.  How long
> > before someone imports data to the wrong field type because they are
> > rushing?
> >
> > "GPguyMike" <GPguyMike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I was just curious if there was any utility that could do stock count
> > > export/import from Excel? I was surprised not to see it under IM, I just
> > kind
> > > of assumed it would be there.
> > >
> > > Currently, My plan is to do a refreshable Excel out and a table import in,
> > > but that just seems ugly and ripe for mistakes on the inbound side. (We
> > have
> > > IM available here, but not Scribe. Otherwise, I'd got that route.)
> > >
> > > Anyone have any better suggestions?
> > >
> > > The business purpose here is there are 40 locations and most only have a
> > > cash register and inventory case. So, we don't want to put a PC in every
> > > location for stock count and would prefer not to key in everything from
> > the
> > > stock count sheet.
> > >
> > > Thanks for any ideas.

0
LeslieVail (702)

number rounding in MS Excel

Date trasfer when importing emails to CRM
When I import old emails into CRM from Outlook they are tagged in CRM with the today's date, the day I imported them. Is there any way to alter this date once in CRM to reflect the actual date of the email? I believe your referring to promoting emails within Outlook. If so, please see this thread: news:5DF7B2F7-B5CE-4FF9-80E3-421D4FE5F500@microsoft.com -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CF94DF6-7659-4793-AF6E-439BB480DC29@microsoft.com......

importing/exporting Outlook Express 6.0 Messages
Exporting Outlook Express 6.0 on Window 98 to Outlook Express 6.0 on Window XP Home Edition: Following intruction for exporting/importing message fail! "Cannot initialize MAPI" Importing/exporting address book does not work either. Appreciate help. Thanks. Please post in an Outlook Express Group.: Microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress "joseph" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16bf501c44845$c856ede0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Exporting Outlook Express 6.0 on Window 98 to Outlook > Express 6.0 on Window XP Home Edit...

How Do I Import Stock Quotes to Money2004 Standard?
Does anyone know how to import stock quotes into Money. Some of the ones I am interested in are not supported by MSN for online update. I know I can enter the data manually but I want to be able to update prices for multiple stocks on a regular basis. I have tried ceating a .ofx file for importing and Money reports "Import Completed" with no errors but the price I specified does not appear in the price history. The extract from the .ofx file relating to price I was trying to import is as follows: <SECLISTMSGSRSV1> <SECLIST> <STOCKINFO> <SECINFO> <S...

import a 123 file

SpreadSheetML (XML for Excel)

Public Folder link to Excel File

Filters in Excel 2003

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

printing imported gif files in Excel

ExCel programming

Macro

Excel fun patch

Excel 2003

Need macro help to close excel

Excel Text Function (Right, Left)

me too, problem with import... only 15 records
me too, problem with import... only 15 records.... also in one of my customers crm i need a fast answer.... I dont see a question to answer...? JUAN MARKETING wrote: > me too, problem with import... only 15 records.... also in one of my > customers crm > > i need a fast answer.... Hehe yeah, what is the question!? what are you trying to import? Sorry, I don't know the reason, bu each time i try to import x number of accounts or contacts, MSCRM only import 15 records... Promise, everything is ok... columns, format csv from excel, size, records.... I say that, becau...

How to use count for calls per hour

copy chart from Excel to Powerpoint

Taste this important update
--cgzxgrfb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="uessxwmvq"; type="multipart/alternative" --uessxwmvq Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="mweirjjojzzphfh" --mweirjjojzzphfh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to m...