SQL Server 2005 Compatibility Level 80 to 90

Hello,

I would just like to know whether there are implications on changing the
compatibility of the SQL Server (2005) from level 80 to 90?
We are on version 10 of Dynamics GP.

And in terms of changing the level to we need to do it across the system
databases as well (master, model, etc)?

TIA

timber

0
iamtimber (25)

Changing the compatibiltiy level will only impact your ODBC connection, since
you will have to switch from your current SQL Server ODBC driver to SQL
Server Native Client, which is only supported by SQL Server 2005. Microsoft
Dynamics GP 10 has been optimized for SQL Server 2005 so you should not
experience any issues.

As far as the system databases (master, model, tempdb, etc.) they should all
already be on level 9.0 if you installed SQL Server 2005.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Timber" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would just like to know whether there are implications on changing the
> compatibility of the SQL Server (2005) from level 80 to 90?
> We are on version 10 of Dynamics GP.
>
> And in terms of changing the level to we need to do it across the system
> databases as well (master, model, etc)?
>
> TIA
>
> timber

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
6/12/2008 12:28:00 AM
Hello Mariano,

Thank you for the information. I would assume that this holds true for
Dynamics GP 9 as well?

"Mariano Gomez" <MarianoGomez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Changing the compatibiltiy level will only impact your ODBC connection,
> since
> you will have to switch from your current SQL Server ODBC driver to SQL
> Server Native Client, which is only supported by SQL Server 2005.
> Microsoft
> Dynamics GP 10 has been optimized for SQL Server 2005 so you should not
> experience any issues.
>
> As far as the system databases (master, model, tempdb, etc.) they should
> all
> already be on level 9.0 if you installed SQL Server 2005.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Timber" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would just like to know whether there are implications on changing the
>> compatibility of the SQL Server (2005) from level 80 to 90?
>> We are on version 10 of Dynamics GP.
>>
>> And in terms of changing the level to we need to do it across the system
>> databases as well (master, model, etc)?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> timber

0
iamtimber (25)
6/12/2008 4:41:43 AM
Timber,

That holds true for any implementation of (or upgrade from SQL Server 2000
to) SQL Server 2005.

Best regards,
--

"Timber" wrote:

> Hello Mariano,
>
> Thank you for the information. I would assume that this holds true for
> Dynamics GP 9 as well?
>
> "Mariano Gomez" <MarianoGomez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Changing the compatibiltiy level will only impact your ODBC connection,
> > since
> > you will have to switch from your current SQL Server ODBC driver to SQL
> > Server Native Client, which is only supported by SQL Server 2005.
> > Microsoft
> > Dynamics GP 10 has been optimized for SQL Server 2005 so you should not
> > experience any issues.
> >
> > As far as the system databases (master, model, tempdb, etc.) they should
> > all
> > already be on level 9.0 if you installed SQL Server 2005.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> >

> > "Timber" wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I would just like to know whether there are implications on changing the
> >> compatibility of the SQL Server (2005) from level 80 to 90?
> >> We are on version 10 of Dynamics GP.
> >>
> >> And in terms of changing the level to we need to do it across the system
> >> databases as well (master, model, etc)?
> >>
> >> TIA
> >>
> >> timber

0
MarianoGomez (3440)

Compatibility Question
I have been writing macros and utilizing userforms in Excel to use at work. I am doing this on my personal computer and I am about 95% complete. I was using pre-MS Office 2007. Work also utilizes pre-MS Office 2007. However, I have upgraded both my personal computers to MS Office Enterprise 2007. I am not using any complex macros. Basically, simple calculations, Date & Time commands, and cell references (Range, Offset, etc). I did notice with one of my personal workbooks that the NAME for the cell I used, "APR09", had to be changed to "_APR09" (wit...

Removing an offline server from an exchange 5.5 site
Does anyone know how to remove an offline server from an exchange site? I need to remove an old server and cannot bring it back up to remove the server from exchange 5.5, is there another way to remove the server? Ste On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 16:16:48 +0100, "Ste" <stephenbrandley@hotmail.com> wrote: >Does anyone know how to remove an offline server from an exchange site? >I need to remove an old server and cannot bring it back up to remove the >server from exchange 5.5, is there another way to remove the server? > >Ste > Highlight it in the Exchange Admin G...

CDialog::DoModal question and Graphics Server
I have a dialog contains some button and a graph create using Graphics Server APIs. The event handler that brings up this dialog is as follows: void CAptcView::OnReportsGraphs() { // toolbar status message m_pApp->m_szStatusMsg = "View Graphs"; InvalidateRect (rStatusMsg); // display the plots dialog box m_dlgPlots = new CPlots(this); m_dlgPlots->rClient = rDesktop; // to center the dialog m_pApp->SetCaptionColor (0, 4); m_dlgPlots->DoModal(); m_pApp->SetCaptionColor (1, 4); delete m_dlgPlots; m_pApp->m_szStatusMsg = ""; InvalidateRect (r...

Trial downloads of 2005
Does anyone know if and when a trial download for the international version of 2005 will be made available on the Microsoft website? Nothing yet has been promised for this. Usually its a few weeks after the US trial. However, I haven't seen the UK trial yet either so we're all still waiting.... -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or http://www.microsoft.c...

SQL Reporting Services And GP
I was wondering, aside from the Reports Pack, if there was a place to download more templates? Also i may end up needing some custom reports and was wondering if anyone had some suggestions on where to go? Thanks Eric The report pack is the only set of SRS reports for GP available from Microsoft. You can certainly create as many as you want using the SRS tools. Additionally, GP 10 will have about 75 SRS reports. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Eric" wrote: > I was wondering, aside from the Reports Pack, if there was a place to > download more templates? > > Also ...

Do I need to specify WINS IP on the server?
Hi all, For the best practice, do I need to specify WINS IP on the TCP/IP on the exchange 2003 SP2 servers? (win2K & win2003 envir.) Thanks in advance. In news:614C4C0C-C93F-4207-8825-9EA1AD366C6C@microsoft.com, Peter <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi all, > > For the best practice, do I need to specify WINS IP on the TCP/IP on > the exchange 2003 SP2 servers? (win2K & win2003 envir.) > > Thanks in advance. I would (presuming you actually have a WINS server on your network). Do this for all servers & clients. Thanks for your help. ...

OL2003 "your microsoft exchange server is unavailable"
I just upgraded from Office XP to Office 2003 Pro (OS WinXP). I attempt to launch Outlook and receive "your microsoft exchange server is unavailable". I can ping the server attach to the WEB based exchange client (the same machine), also I can log on locally to the server, and map drives to it - so there is network connectivity. However, neither outlook will nor the mail configuration on control panel will log into the exchange server. ...

server 2003 standard
help please. i bought window server 2003 standard from a reputable company online, the package came in with 3cds, the first two are window server 2 cds and the 3rd says oem. how can i install this. i put the first cd for wind server 2003 wchis disk 1 but my computer did not read it. If the company is reputable then you should be able to contact them and they'll help you resolve the media issue. -Cliff "stap" <stap@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:613754C3-F86E-4ED4-900D-89DD338567DE@microsoft.com... > help please. i bought window ...

Old Server Dependancy
Had W2K server running E2K before adding a new W2K3 server running E2K3 to the site. Migrated all mailboxes and Public Folders to E2K3 server. Recovered from some database corruption prior to removing E2K server. Have followed directions on removing the E2K server, but have not completely removed from site as there appear to be some dependancies still present when said server is shut down. Remote administration of Exchange features in AD cannot always be completed (adding an alias to a user for instance) or editing existing addresses (RPC server not available messages). Also appears ...

Needing some input on how to take this db to the next level...
I'm trying to create a time sheet database. I have some of the basics worked out, but would like some input on how to deal with the subform that displays the days in the current pay period. Some how I would like the dropdown to generate payperiods so I don't have to enter every one myself. I'd like the subform to display the 14 days for that pay period. Any input would be appreciated Kelvin here is what I have pretty much so far: http://www.mccsa.com/Temp/TimeAndBilling.zip PS I haven't gone through and fixed tab orders and the like so there is lots of work to polish it...

Money 2005 Upgrade via Download Issue
I currently am using Money 2002 and want to update to 2005. If I go the download route is it the same as buying the CD version? If I go the download route is there a potential problem in installing on a new system? More or less after you get all of the download stuff. Yes. You have to keep the same Passport forever and retain the trial version download to bootstrap the process. Nobody knows how long you will be able to use that d/l to bootstrap the process. Buy the CD. If you read posts here you will find lots of problems with download purchase. The ratio to problems reported to the CD purcha...

how to reconfigure crm sql server location
my crm deployment manager is not working and i need to point the crm system from databaseA on serverA to databaseB on serverB so all i need to do is change the location of the database from one server to another server How can i achieve this? Thanks! Hi AZ! AZ wrote: > my crm deployment manager is not working and i need to point the crm > system from databaseA on serverA to databaseB on serverB so all i > need to do is change the location of the database from one server to > another server Please avoid multiposts. I checked with RegMon what the deployment manager actually ...

server setting don't activate
I was using outlook 2003 and I didn’t find any problem to activate my account, But when I upgrade to the version 2007 wish is already activated , when I tried to set my same email account it don’t work Thanks a lot Fadi Fadi wrote: > I was using outlook 2003 and I didn�t find any problem to activate my > account, But when I upgrade to the version 2007 wish is already activated > , when I tried to set my same email account it don�t work Thanks a lot You cannot activate e-mail *accounts* at the mail server using Outlook. You have to do that with whatever means the e-mai...

Unable to access folders after changing mail server
Hi, I am using MS outlook 2003(win xp) with lotus notes connector to access my office mails. Everything was working properly untill I changed my mail server to a new one. The nsf file was also copied to the new domino server. But after this my outlook stopped working. It shows below message while trying to access inbox. "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook, Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists." I deleted and recreated my outlook profile,but the problem still...

Migrating VC 2003 project to 2005
I have recently migrated my visual studio 2003 VC project to 2005 and I am encountering the following problems: 1) In resource view I cannot load some screens, i get the following error: 'cannot open include file "resource.h"'. The file does exist. 2)I use a custom build step to run a perl script to process another custom type file. The perl script includes a file say db.h, which does exist but for some reason the perl script fails to recognise items defined in db.h when processing these other files. This compiled fine under 2003. Any ideas? TIA. -- JohnH Without ...

CRM 3.0 Pro and 3rd Party Fax Server
As we know that Fax capability is only built in for SBS version. Has any one implemented 3.0 Pro with a 3rd party fax server. I found out that GFI Software is coming out with faxserver for MS CRM 3.0. Its currently in developement and will come out some time in q1 next year. Meanwhile they have: http://www.gfi.com/faxmaker/ you should offer to beta test to get early access ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Jazz Singh" <JazzSingh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8CC6640-5D23-46E9-9938...

Create Stored Procedure from Passthrough-SQL
I have a Passthrough-SQL routine that reads a text file (one CREATE statement for Stored Procedure).The routine work for one Stored Procedure. The routine dont work if the text file has 2 o more Create Statement. Any idea? Thanks, Cesar Cesar, You could have been a bit more detailed beyond "don't work" in your description. So without any further details, my guess is "make sure your create procedure statements are not separated by the "GO" statement". patrick developer support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and c...

Exporting several xml levels from excel

Update data from sql, using ODBC
Hi. (Excel 2007) I am preparing a model to be used by multiple users every week. A part of the model is a list of active project in the company. The project informations comes an sql database. In the model I have a table, which should be updated when the excelmodel is opened. The users do not have access to the sql database. Is there a way to set he table (properties, ... ) with the password stored in the model e.g. the users do not have to know and enter the password. Med venlig hilsen Peter ...

MS06-019 on Exchange 2000 Server Questions
OK here are my questions in regards to after I apply patch MS06-019. 1) in regards to granting send-as permissions I went into AD U&C and went to the users who are BlackBerry users and went to the Security Tab. What service account do I grant send/as permission to? I don't see a BES Service account assigned to these users. Do I grant this permission to Exchange Enterprise Server Service account for each user? 2) Domain Admininstrator has rights for each user in the security tab even though they are not granted DA rights in their group membership. Is this of issue? 3) Ha...

Export Tables to SQL Server
I have a database already in Access 2003, and want to export the structure (just the tables, not the data) into SQL Server Express 2005 (there are no stored queries, macros, etc... to worry about). What's the easiest way to do this? I've tried using the Upsizing Wizard, but it doesn't seem to want to talk to SQL Server Express. Thanks Phil. you shoudl get a copy of SLQ Server Developers Edition and learn how to use DTS or if you go file, new, project (existing data) you should be able to import SOME tables into SQL Server just using MS Access "Phil" <N/...

SMTP Server Remote Queue Length
All: I am getting the above message from the server daily. It states: QA large number of messages are pending in the e-mail server send queue. This started about three days ago. The pending messages are from the Postmaster to a website in Korea (Daum.net). Since I do not know the reason for these messages, I have Frozen the queue and deleted the pending messages, but there are approximately 10 messages a minute being sent to the pending queue. I've checked to see if my Windows SBS 2003 server is being used as a relay, but it appears to not be the case. I have checked out Article 8...

virtual server problem
I have win 2000 and exchange 2000, and every few hours messages get stuck in queue and I must delete all messages and then it sometimes start to work but sometimes I must create new virtual server and only than it starts to work, any ideas? Thank you On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 23:27:02 -0800, "dominic" <dominic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have win 2000 and exchange 2000, and every few hours messages get stuck in >queue and I must delete all messages and then it sometimes start to work but >sometimes I must create new virtual server and only than it starts to...

Rebuild Indexes on SQL 2005
When you choose not to "sort results in tempdb", where are the sort results being stored? When you choose, to "sort results in tempdb", it appears that tempdb log file is growing endlessly. The sql server is 24x7 and can't restart it any time. I tried truncating the log and that didn't work. Is thre a way to keep the log size in check? I have enabled "keep results online while indexing". However, it seems that all resources are being thrown at rebuilding indexes. Is there a way of giving priority to rebuild index? Thanks in adva...

Store pdf file to SQL server throu ODBC
Hi, I want to store PDF file to SQL table having varbinary(MAX) field type from access. I have create an ODBC link to the server but don't know how to add the file. Could someone advice? SF ...