SQL Reporting Services And GP

I was wondering, aside from the Reports Pack, if there was a place to
download more templates?

Also i may end up needing some custom reports and was wondering if anyone
had some suggestions on where to go?

Thanks
Eric
0
Eric1 (389)

The report pack is the only set of SRS reports for GP available from
Microsoft.

You can certainly create as many as you want using the SRS tools.

Additionally, GP 10 will have about 75 SRS reports.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Eric" wrote:

> I was wondering, aside from the Reports Pack, if there was a place to
> download more templates?
>
> Also i may end up needing some custom reports and was wondering if anyone
> had some suggestions on where to go?
>
> Thanks
> Eric
0
callen (2505)
10/17/2006 1:44:01 AM
Charles,

Have you seen a list of what reports will be available?

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Charles Allen" <callen@nospam-bkd.com> wrote in message
> The report pack is the only set of SRS reports for GP available from
> Microsoft.
>
> You can certainly create as many as you want using the SRS tools.
>
> Additionally, GP 10 will have about 75 SRS reports.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "Eric" wrote:
>
>> I was wondering, aside from the Reports Pack, if there was a place to
>> download more templates?
>>
>> Also i may end up needing some custom reports and was wondering if anyone
>> had some suggestions on where to go?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Eric

0
victoria (3340)

SQL Reporting Services and GP 10
Hello: Is it possible to associate SQL Reporting Services reports with SOP invoices in GP 10.0 rather than with Report Writer? I know that Accountable Software has Forms Printer, but I believe that that only works with Crystal. And, I know that there are SRS reports written to display data from GP but I do not think that these reports will work in terms of printing invoices or orders from SOP. Thanks! childofthe1980s No not really.. The problem is that when an SOP or POP document is printed, GP needs to be updated. Accountable does that with their Crystal interface but I dont kno...

Reporting Hardware Specs for a 20TB Oracle DB
Hello, I have a requirement for a Reporting Solution for an Enterprise Reporting Solution for a 20TB Oracle (running on Unix) Datawarehouse that does about 150M Transactions a day. There are about 300 users and not more than 30 concurrent users. They already have a MOSS 2007 Installation so i need specs for the SSAS Server which will sit on its own server. My questions are; 1) What should the specs (RAM, Processor, Disk Space) of this SSAS Server be? 2) What would the specs of the SSRS Server be? 3) Any other special considerations? Thanks I'd buy the highest machi...

install sp1 on sql 2008 r2
Hi, i'm a bit confused. I just installed sql 2008 r2 (build 1600) and i need to install the SP1 but my doubt is, what is sql 2008 R2? is it sql 2008 + Service Pack 1? what update does it include with the "r2"? do i have to install sp1 or it's already included? thanks!! R2 is like a whole new version of 2008. Actually a half version :). It was just released so all there is to load is the RTM version. There are no service packs for it yet. -- Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP Solid Quality Mentors "iNewbie" <iNewbie@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Report of sales by month based on a cross tab query
Hi, I have a cross tab query that will provide sales by month for 2008. Right now it is sales for January08. As there are sales for future months, they will appear as well. I want to create a table that has all of the months listed out already. Right now, on the first day of the month, I go into the report and add the new month. I want it so that all month are listed which I have done. The problem is that when I run the report, I get an error that says "the Microsoft Jet does not recognize February as a valid field name. After today, there will be February data but no March ...

If my GP Dynamics support CPA's new cheque standard
Hi; I am using GP Dynamics 8.0 in Canada, we have Payable Management module installed. How can I know if my current version support the CPA's new cheque standard? The CPA's new cheque standard will be launched in July 2007. -- Kane Kane, Support for the new cheque format has nothing to do with the Payables module. Rather, it is a function of modifications or changes to the report that produces your cheque. Lyle On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 10:06:01 -0700, Kane <Kane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi; > >I am using GP Dynamics 8.0 in Canada, we have Payable Managem...

exchange 2003 +recepient update services
Hi i have this issue for months now. I have win2k AD network with exchange 2003. My pdc went down, but before it went down i managed to transfer all the FSO roles to my secondary domain controller successful. All seemed well, but then when i access exchage system manager to create a mailbox for a new user it gets up to 60% on the task but then throws up an error message of : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="unicode" ?> - <taskWizardRun taskName="Create Mailbox" dcName="DC2" buildNumber="6944" runningAs="Administrator@domain....

Does the New Worth Report have a fault
When I calculate my new worth in MS Money 2000 (old version I know) it adds my assets and liabilities instead of subtracting them. For example, if my savings, checking, investments total $10,000.00 and my liabilities total $5000.00, MS Money calculates my net worth as $15,000.00. Shouldn't my net worth be $5,000.00? Shouldn't it subtract my liabilities instead of add them? Please let me know if there is a glich in the software and how I can fix it. Also please let me know if I am financially inept. Thanks, -k In your example, the net worth should be $5,000.00. You may hav...

Problems with reports on Money 2004
I am having problems getting onto the reports page as everytime it crashes. I have tried to repair using the disk and uninstalled and re-installed and it still doesn't work. I am told that there isn't a new UK version available so I cannot upgrade. Can anybody help In microsoft.public.money, Jayne Morris <Jayne Morris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am having problems getting onto the reports page as everytime it crashes. I >have tried to repair using the disk and uninstalled and re-installed and it >still doesn't work. I am told that there isn't a ne...

Can there be variable size columns in one report?
I want to create a report that has 3 sub-reports of different column widths. Is this possible? -The 1st sub-report has 1 column that occupies the entire width of the page -The 2nd sub-report can fit 2 columns in the page width -The 3rd sub-report can fit 3 columns in the page width Subreports can have any number of columns that don't have to be the same from one to another. Typically your columns should display across then down in order to render properly as a subreport. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "SheldonHinds" wrote: > I want to create a r...

Report Sum
I am working on a cost study form for a body shop. Each vehicle will have its own page. I have to be able to add up to 15 different list part totals as well as 15 different net part totals. I then need to add the 7% tax of the list part total to the net parts total. I would love some input on what would be the easiest way to achieve this because I then have to generate a report with by the different companies showing total parts, total labor and total profit ratio. Usually, you want to text put boxes in footer of the form. You have to pull the footer down on the bottom to have...

Categories & Reports in MM 2002? #2
I created a Business classification to keep track of business expenses. Yet, I cannot use any Reports for my Business classification. How do I just limit the Reports for the Business classification? Christopher Paul Billows http://www.accidentaldesign.com "Life is not fair, it is interconnected" -- myself ...

OPOS Line Display Service Object
Hi, I am a newbie in OPOS. I am developing a service object for OPOS line display. When trying to use it through the MonroeCS CO control (OPOSLineDisplay.ocx, version OposCCOs-1_11_001), Open gives code 104 (=OPOS_E_NOSERVICE), and get_OpenResult() gives code 305 (=OPOS_OR_BADIF). What these return codes really means ? In Control Programmer's Guide (OLE for Retail POS, Release 1.6) this is said in page 18, item 5: CLIP --> .... (This ensures that the Service Object supports at least the minimum methods of a valid Service Object for the device class, before calling any of its methods...

Quickbooks to GP
I am looking for the Quickbooks to GP Migration tool. Does it exist? Is it just using IM? Please help. -- TC TC, According to Microsoft's latest marketing campaign to move QB users to the Dynamics platform, they will be providing the means (as in tools) to easily migrate from one platform to another. http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics/asmartmove/default.mspx Until that happens, I believe your best bets are Integration Manager and eConnect. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "TC" wrot...

GP 10.0 Fails to install .Net Framework 2.0 not installed
I'm trying to install GP 10.0 on server. We have .net framework 2.0 sp1 and 3.0 installed. We have windows sharepoint services installed on framework 3.0. When we try to install, it is returing error .Net framework 2.0 not installed and ending prematurely. I've tried the workaround provided in Partnersource (KB ID 947538) for .Net 2.0 sp1. However it is not working. Thanks Jack - unfortunately, unless you write out the command line scripts exactly as they say in the KB, it will continue to bomb. Microsoft is costing us hours and hours worth of unbillable time to work aroun...

Print employee record summary Inquiry report
How do i print the employee record summary Inquiry report? There's not a report you can print from the window. You can either do a screen shot of it or create a custom report. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Hazvi" wrote: > How do i print the employee record summary Inquiry report? ...

Report on a specific printer, bug in access 2007?
Dear all, in access 2007, I can click the "page setup" menu then the "page setup" button, and choose to print the report on a specific printer. However, after saving the report and re-opening it, he still prints on default printer. The specific printer setting is not saved with the report (this worked with all previous versions of access, it seems the specific printer setting has no effect anymore). Does someone know where I could find a patch or a workaround for this? (no updates are found through office update, and this might be critical for some applications). Regard...

Where to download: SBS 2008 with Windows Server 2008 Service Pack
I am a technet plus member, but cannot find this version of SBS 2008 referenced below for download there. http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/10/16/coming-soon-sbs-2008-with-windows-server-2008-service-pack-2-included.aspx Can someone please point me at where I can find this version available for download? Thanks ozinca wrote: > I am a technet plus member, but cannot find this version of SBS 2008 > referenced below for download there. > > http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/10/16/coming-soon-sbs-2008-with-windows-server-2008-service-pack-2-included.a...

sales report by split sales persons
we have situations where 2 different sales persons sell to the same customer, depending on product group. We select the specific sales person when we enter the sales order. Unfortunately, later when we want to run a sales report, it assigns all the sales to whatever salesperson is shown in the Cards as the default sales person. We need a report that assigns sales to sales persons based on the data from the individual sales orders ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click th...

downloaded service pack 1 and now Microsoft Excel isn't working ri
When I got to the icon for the save option I get this message "The file ' .xls' may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case, what do you want to do?" *save a copy *overwrite changes this dialoge box is getting annoying, If I choose save a copy I have copy's of my files all over the place, if I overwrite then it does just that. But why do I have to do this everytime I open a file? I have looked everywhere and can't find my answer. Please remember that I just downloaded the Windows update service pack 1 and I believe that this i...

Configure incoming e-mail settings (Windows SharePoiint Services 3
Good day Everybody ! I have installed Win2K3 SP1, Project Server 2K7 with WSS 3.0, SQL Server 2005 SP1. I want to set up Incoming e-mail setting with combination of SMTP server and WSS 3.0 as I do not have MS Exchange Server installed. I created a new Org Unit as sharepoint with apprpriate permissions as per TechNet step-by-step procedure. I have not created a Contact in this OU. I have entered the following information regarding the Incoming e-mail settings : Enable sites on this server to receive e-mail - YES Settings Mode - Automatic Use the SharePoint Directory Management ...

Error Message when viewing CRM 4.0 Reports
We recieve the following event error when attempting to access any report. http://<reportserver>/reportserver failed. Error: The request failed with HTTP Unauthorized 401 Any suggestions? This is a new install. "Chris Timms" <ChrisTimms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E4DDBE2-58EC-408F-82E8-3B7EF531D392@microsoft.com... > We recieve the following event error when attempting to access any report. > > http://<reportserver>/reportserver failed. Error: The request failed with > HTTP Unauthorized 401 > > Any suggestions? Thi...

Cost Variance Report and Smartlist
We currently use the Enter/Match Invoice screen to enter payable invoices. I understand that when prices differ, a cost variance report is created/printed. Is there a way to create this report in Smartlist? We currently link the SOP / POP by using the purchase button. What is happening is, if the linked Purchase Order line is received at an incorrect price (found while keying the vendor invoice), when the link is used to drill back from the sales order to the purchase order the incorrect price shows. We would like to use Smartlist to see the original purchase order price and the ...

is it possible to host multiple CRM databases on 1 SQL server?
Hi, Is it possible to host two separate (on premise) CRM server databases on one SQL server? I am trying to achieve the above scenario, but there can only be one MSCRM_config database on any one instance of the SQL server. The Implementation guide isn't too clear about what to do in this situation. - Can two CRM databases share the same MSCRM_config file? - Do I need to install another instance of SQL server for the second CRM database? Or is there another solution? Thanks Depends on your CRM installation. If you are running the Enterprise version, then you can add a new org...

Explanation of Money Performance Report
If i run a perfomance report there are 2 columns for judging performance - "%Rate of Return" & "Annual % Return". I am having a problem understanding the meaning of each column. If I run the report for exactly 1 year then both columns show the exact same numbers for indexes such as Dow Jones Indutrial Average or Nasdaq Composite which I have in my watch list. In the same report for exactly 1 year the 2 columns have very different numbers for my stocks and mutual funds. For example I have a mutual fund which shows 1.28 for % Rate of Return and 21.32 for Annu...