SQL options and new upgrade GP9.0 (from GP7.5)

Here is my problem after I upgraded to GP9.0. I need to add a user with GP,
unless I refresh its password (in SQL Enterprise Manager) and re-define its
properties, I cannot use it to access GP moreover, use SQL resources.

I also discoverred that DYNGRP dont have permissions on some of the GP
tables.

Also when I change the password in GP. It does not update the one used in
SQL. Why is that?

How can I correct this issue?
0
GPSupport (20)

If you create a user in GP the password is encrytped by GP so that the
password that is sent to SQL is not the same.  This is why a GP user can not
do anything in SQL.  If you want to create a user who can do things in SQL as
well as GP you will have to unmark the option to create the SQL user in SQL
Options.

You may want to run grant.sql against the Dynamics and company databases to
update the permissions to the tables.

"GP Support" wrote:

> Here is my problem after I upgraded to GP9.0. I need to add a user with GP,
> unless I refresh its password (in SQL Enterprise Manager) and re-define its
> properties, I cannot use it to access GP moreover, use SQL resources.
>
> I also discoverred that DYNGRP dont have permissions on some of the GP
> tables.
>
> Also when I change the password in GP. It does not update the one used in
> SQL. Why is that?
>
> How can I correct this issue?
0
RWahlert (5)
7/30/2007 7:34:01 PM
Are you on SQL2000 or SQL2005?

"RWahlert" wrote:

> If you create a user in GP the password is encrytped by GP so that the
> password that is sent to SQL is not the same.  This is why a GP user can not
> do anything in SQL.  If you want to create a user who can do things in SQL as
> well as GP you will have to unmark the option to create the SQL user in SQL
> Options.
>
> You may want to run grant.sql against the Dynamics and company databases to
> update the permissions to the tables.
>

> "GP Support" wrote:
>
> > Here is my problem after I upgraded to GP9.0. I need to add a user with GP,
> > unless I refresh its password (in SQL Enterprise Manager) and re-define its
> > properties, I cannot use it to access GP moreover, use SQL resources.
> >
> > I also discoverred that DYNGRP dont have permissions on some of the GP
> > tables.
> >
> > Also when I change the password in GP. It does not update the one used in
> > SQL. Why is that?
> >
> > How can I correct this issue?
0
VGrinam (75)
7/31/2007 5:50:02 PM
I am in SQL2000. Where is SQL options in GP9.0?

"VGrinam" wrote:

> Are you on SQL2000 or SQL2005?
>

> "RWahlert" wrote:
>
> > If you create a user in GP the password is encrytped by GP so that the
> > password that is sent to SQL is not the same.  This is why a GP user can not
> > do anything in SQL.  If you want to create a user who can do things in SQL as
> > well as GP you will have to unmark the option to create the SQL user in SQL
> > Options.
> >
> > You may want to run grant.sql against the Dynamics and company databases to
> > update the permissions to the tables.
> >

> > "GP Support" wrote:
> >
> > > Here is my problem after I upgraded to GP9.0. I need to add a user with GP,
> > > unless I refresh its password (in SQL Enterprise Manager) and re-define its
> > > properties, I cannot use it to access GP moreover, use SQL resources.
> > >
> > > I also discoverred that DYNGRP dont have permissions on some of the GP
> > > tables.
> > >
> > > Also when I change the password in GP. It does not update the one used in
> > > SQL. Why is that?
> > >
> > > How can I correct this issue?
0
GPSupport (20)
8/1/2007 10:54:01 PM
The SQL Options window has been removed from 9.0.  All users in GP are
administered by Dynamics now without exception.

patrick
developer support

"GP Support" <GPSupport@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am in SQL2000. Where is SQL options in GP9.0?
>
> "VGrinam" wrote:
>
>> Are you on SQL2000 or SQL2005?
>>

>> "RWahlert" wrote:
>>
>> > If you create a user in GP the password is encrytped by GP so that the
>> > password that is sent to SQL is not the same.  This is why a GP user
>> > can not
>> > do anything in SQL.  If you want to create a user who can do things in
>> > SQL as
>> > well as GP you will have to unmark the option to create the SQL user in
>> > SQL
>> > Options.
>> >
>> > You may want to run grant.sql against the Dynamics and company
>> > databases to
>> > update the permissions to the tables.

0
prot1 (1345)

Outlook 2003 BCM and Exchange 5.5
Is Outlook 2003 BCM compatible with Exchange 5.5..? I installed it as an add on...and it doens't work. Any ideas/advice would be helpful. Thanx in advance. No, BCM doesn't work with Exchange. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Jim C" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ab0701c3b85a$d85fcbb0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is Outlook 2003 BCM compatible with Exch...

Quote tracking options?
I mainly use Money for monitoring investments. Even with online services ending, I expected Money to be able to update quotes indefinitely. As of April 1, it stopped updating prices for me. Any way to get it working again? Assuming there isn't, does anyone have any recs for software or even a webpage for portfolio monitoring. I'm not a day trader, so daily updates will work fine. You didn't say which version you have but I have Money 2002 and it still updates. Frank "Steve W" <stwysong@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:%23cYCj5p2KHA....

Win CE 6.0 and Bluetooth
Hi All, i tried to enable the Bluetooth function on a Windows Embedded CE 6.0 R2 (i. MX-based device). For connecting an USB-BT dongle I activated these SYSGENs: -SYSGEN_BTH_USB_ONLY -SYSGEN_BTH_PAN I also tried to additionally add the SYSGEN_BTH, but this seems to make no difference... After a clean SYSGEN I copied the image to the CE-system, started the system, put the USB-dongle (Anycom USB-500 or Delock EDR) in the port and oppend the BT-manager and pressed 'scan'. There were some BT devices found. So the 'basics' of the BT connection should work. But if i...

smtp queues #5
I have exchange 2000. Recently we have had some users complaining that when they send emails the recepient either dont receive it or receive it very late. We do not have problems with any other emails and all incoming emails are coming in and going out ok. I have had a look in the smtp queues. and in the folder 'SMTP (SMTP Connector - Remote Delivery) the are messages there, after i enumerate 100 messages. One of the message i deleted with NDR and reading the ndr message ' This message was rejected due to the current administrative policy by the destination server. Please retry ...

E2k3
Hi all! I've strange trouble with Exch 2k3. POP3 works fine, there's no problem. However, SMTP clients cannot send mail. On the server, SMTP is cinfigured to allow relay for authenticated clients only. On the clients (all I have seen), the authentication is enabled. However, server returns: ----- Outlook Express error ----- The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'vojtek@emwacgroup.cz'. Subject 'Test mail...', Account: 'Test', Server: 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx', Protocol: SMTP...

Outlook 2003 & CRM 3.0 connection error after install.
I am having trouble getting Outlook to connect to my crm server using the laptop installation version. When opening Outlook, I get the error "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM Server." I have tried uninstall and then reinstall but no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting this issue resolved? Thanks! I have found that if you have any kind of pop-up blocker, the Outlook client will throw an error like that (after waiting for a long time). In my case, I disabled the built-in pop-up blocker that comes with XPsp2 and then it was fine. To ch...

Can't send external msgs on new Ex2K server in 5.5 site.
Hello, I just installed a Exchange 2000 SP3 server in an existing 5.5 site containing only one server, after following the standard procedure of configuring and running ADC CAs. I've moved one mailbox from the 5.5 server to the 2000 server as a test. I can send messages to it from the 5.5 site, but it cannot send messages outside of the 2000 server. What did I forget please?! Ideally, I wanted to keep the old 5.5 server as a bridgehead server, at least for the time being. One more thing, we share the domain amongst Exchange and another mail system via SMTP routing on Sendmail. T...

Microsoft Support
Hello, Do clients with a current support agremenet with Microsoft , get sent the new versions of the program 2.0 and 3.0 automaticly? Does it goto the address in VOICE? Thank you, Brian ...

Formatting Section Layout Column Format -- options disabled
Hi, my question is related to formatting the Main Form for an entity. I want certain sections to have the three column format. However, when I click on Section Properties, it shows all options for choosing the Column Formats as disabled. The 2-column format, with the Variable Field Width, is the default and the only option I seem to be able to use right now. Why is the Formatting --both layout and column format -- showing up as disabled and how do I activate it? Thanks. Never mind! I found this in the CRM Help section... "The selected section layout cannot be changed after you creat...

CRM 3.0 & SQL 2005 Database Mirroring
Hi Could anyone settle this. Can CRM 3.0 make use of SQL Database Mirroring as a high availability solution. I believe that this is only possible with CRM 4.0 but a colleague assures me that it will work with CRM 3.0? Thanks ...

SQL Reports in Administration & Excel Crashing
I am using GP 10 and have recently deployed SQL Reporting Services reports in Dynamics. I have a problem when I go to access the reports. In GP 10 after going into Administration and Custom Reports, I get a message that Excel 2007 has crashed. I am not sure why since I am not trying to access Excel 2007 at that time and do not have it open. I realized that that is not an Excel forum, but hoping someone might know a solution due to how Dynamics is relating to Excel in this area that would cause this problem. I had Excel problems that seem similar to your's. I had an Excel...

How to add new type of activity?
In CRM 4.0, is there a way to add a new type of activity? Many times we see a person in passing, and would like to add a note reflecting this. However, it doesn;t qualify as a phone call or appointment. If there is a way to add a custom 'conversation', how would this affect upgrades, patches, and/or hotfixes? Thanks Unfortunately you cannot add a custom activity type in Microsoft CRM 4.0. For some of our customers that really wanted a new activity type, we have suggested that they rename one of the other system activities to their new one. For example, you could rename the "...

multiple SQL Jobs running
I have a customer that is having issues with SQL jobs being duplicated. The SQL jobs include db backups and data imports. The result of this issue is that there would be duplicate backup (.bak) files and multiple data imports. This fill up disk space fast and the data imports are corrupted. If I stop SQL Agent or the SQL jobs, those SQL backups and imports still run, but it does only one instance! However, it's a mystery of how it's being processed since the SQL agent and jobs are disabled. This issue just started to occur over the past two weeks. We tried rebooting ...

Hyperlinks #5
I have a client contact list at work in the form of a Excel 2000 spreadsheet. When the pointer hovers over some names, the pointer turns into a hand, as if it were an email adress. There are no email adresses in the spread sheet, but if the name is clicked on, the default email program is launched. I tried right clicking on the name, but there is no Properties option. I don't know how to get rid of this linking, and it is really driving me mad. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. poola Try right-click > Hyperlink > Remove Hyperlink...........or just right-click > ...

Office 2004: Upgrade on OSX from OS9
We have office 2004 installed and I have just had a machine go down. We were unable to reinstall Tiger so purchased Leopard and installed. As our copies are upgrades we need access to previous installation. When we originally migrated from office 98 we had then classic environment but now we don't. Any pointers would be welcomed. Thanks Carl Thomas Pindar www.pindar.com "carl.pindar@gmail.com" wrote: > We have office 2004 installed and I have just had a machine go down. > We were unable to reinstall Tiger so purchased Leopard and installed. > As our copies are upgrad...

How to log mailbox activity? Exch 5.5
We are running Exchange 5.5. This morning a department head asked me to log incoming and outgoing activity (including time messages were sent) for one employee. I have looked through MS Knowledge Base and the FAQ's here, along with doing a search here. No luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks. In Exchange 5.5 Open the Exchange Admin program and go to Configuration> Connections> Internet Mail Service > Diagnostics and Logging. On the MS Exchange IMC select the Items to monitor and level. Make sure that on the Internet Mail tab that message tracking is enabl...

Upgrade 7.5 to 10 ?
Currently running: GP 7.5 / SQL 2000. Is there a migration path that we could go from 7.5 to 10, or would we have to go from 7.5 to 9.0 and then 9.0 to 10 you can't go directly from 7.5 > 10.0 I would recomend going from 7.5 > 9.0 SP3 (or the latest service pack) Then going from 9.0 SQL 2000 to 9.0 SQL 2005 Thn going from 9.0 SP3 to 10.0 SP 1 Note that the service packs are important. There are notes in the upgrade path that indicate you need the service pack installed prior to running utilities. "Laura Anne" wrote: > Currently running: GP 7.5 / SQL 2000. ...

#DIV/0! hiding
how can i make a #DIV/0! message either hide, or appear as a 0.00 or something else that would look better in a spreadsheet? ...

Exchange 5.5 On W2K Services Won't Initialize
I have a Windows 2000 AD Server. Which has Exchange 5.5 installed on it. For some reason now the following services won't start. Exchange Event Service Internet Mail Service Message Transfer Agent System Attendant When I do try and start these services this error comes up: The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b) Click on OK to terminate the application. Then when I do this one comes up. Error 1053, the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. In the event logs I get this as well Source:...

New MS Investor
Folks, This sucks. All of a sudden, Microsoft decides to come up with a new version of MS investor, I believe they call it MS Money Deluxe Portfolio Manager. Forced you to install the new version(If you want to keep track of what you had) and screwed up several of my account history. Here are some to name a few that were totally screwed up: Cash balances were all wrong. Splits were completely screwed up. I tried to re-ente a split and I get dumb message saying that error occured but ms money ran out of memory in the process of displaying the error!! Several of my transaction entri...

Dynamics GP 9.0
When you install Dynamics GP 9.0 from the CD, in the Insallation Type window you will see Server Option or Client Option. The first option should technically say "Server & Client", not just Server. Needless to say, when you Install Server, it installs Client as well. Thanks Girish ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft...

Investment Accounts #5
My wife and I each have opened investment accounts at our local bank. So we have "BANK INVEST ACT#1" and "BANK INVESTACT #2" set up in Money for these accounts, #1 for my account user name and password with the bank and #2 for hers. When I update my accounts, that bank's retail accounts (checking/savings) update with no problem, but I get the following message on the Investing Accounts: Microsoft Money could not update your account. Please try to update your account again. If the problem continues contact customer support." I have checked and rechecked ...

sql report 3 tables
I am trying to write a report which will contain 4 tables, I need to display all 4 tables on one page. Unfortunatley because of the siz of the first 2 tables the 3rd table sits way down on the right hand side, how can i manipulate were the tables sit on the preview window? Regards Ian Are you writing your report in visual studio? in Report layout view, right click outside of the report area and select Properties. from the second tab you can change the layout of the report. By default it is set to 8.5 X 11, try chaning it to 11 X 8.5. Also, try changing the font size in your tab...

Can't track message from outside to inside after enable message tracking on exchange 5.5 #3
Dear, I am using a Exchange 5.5 SP4 on Window 2000 SP4 We would want to track all message for debug use. So, I have enable the message Tracking. After enable it, I find that it can track the information for send mail between internal and send mail from internal to external But can't tray the information from outside to internal mailbox. I have do below setting on my exchange server, Is there any missing on the setting. Hope anyone can give me some help 1) Information Store Site Configuration Properties --> General --> tick Enable message tracking box 2) MTA Site Configuration Prop...

RE: Error when initializing Dynamics DB in 6.0
Hello: A colleague of mine is having some issues with installing and upgrading from 6.0 to 9.0. Obivously, 6.0 is no longer supported so I thought that I would post her e-mail here. Below is her e-mail. Any help would be appreciated: I’m doing a 6.0 to 9.0 upgrade, and moving servers. I have loaded 6.0 on the new machine, and am trying to create the DYNAMICS db. I get the message below when I try to create it: It seems to point to the tempdb not being big enough. I have increased the db & log size to > 200MB (docs say Dynamics needs 50). GP is of no help, b/c they do not ...