Specify budget to use at run time in FRx?

Let's say I have 2 budgets defined: FCAST-ORIGINAL and FCAST-REV1. Is there
any way to set up an FRx report so that I can specify, at run time, which one
of the budgets to utilize on the report?

If I need the ability to print reports using either of the two budgets, I'd
like to be able to create just one report layout and then tell FRx which one
to use when I run the report. Is that possible?

--
Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO

No, it's not possible. You could create two column layouts and choose between
them prior to generating the report. That's as close as you can get.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Bud" wrote:

> Let's say I have 2 budgets defined: FCAST-ORIGINAL and FCAST-REV1. Is there
> any way to set up an FRx report so that I can specify, at run time, which one
> of the budgets to utilize on the report?
>
> If I need the ability to print reports using either of the two budgets, I'd
> like to be able to create just one report layout and then tell FRx which one
> to use when I run the report. Is that possible?
>

> --
> Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
> HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO
> GP 9.0, SP2
0
callen (2505)
8/10/2007 2:34:02 AM
Or, you could use just one column layout and change the Book Code to
the other budget before running the report.

Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP
NOVA Solutions LLC
Melbourne, FL

0
fhamelly (399)
8/10/2007 12:35:11 PM
In XL Reporter we use parameters that you can use for both a Budget and
Forecast at Runtime.    We have a lot of clients that use that function or
use both Budget and Forecast for Waterfall reports.

http://www.xlreporter.com

"Bud" wrote:

> Let's say I have 2 budgets defined: FCAST-ORIGINAL and FCAST-REV1. Is there
> any way to set up an FRx report so that I can specify, at run time, which one
> of the budgets to utilize on the report?
>
> If I need the ability to print reports using either of the two budgets, I'd
> like to be able to create just one report layout and then tell FRx which one
> to use when I run the report. Is that possible?
>

> --
> Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
> HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO
> GP 9.0, SP2
0
JimHummer (81)

Frx login
FRX reporting error when generating a report in FRX. I have created a new company in my SQL data base. I can access the company in Great Plains but receive the following error in FRX. Cannot open database requested in login in 'NIHFI. Login fails. Database connection error number 1. Amy, When do you get this error? When switching to the new company as the default in FRx? If so, either the new company is not set up correctly in FRx or there is a permissions issue. What versions and service packs of GP and FRx are you using? What user are you trying this with? -- Victoria Yud...

Using mouse wheel in VB editor

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Budget Wont Save
I have have Money 2002 for awhile and have never been able to save a budget and start a new one. I decided to start over with a new file, but once I get all my info back in there, it still won't save. MS has no info in the KB about this. Anyone else have this issue? ...

question about Time

Time Clock Systems
Does anyone have a recommendation for a time clock system that integrates well with GP? On Oct 5, 10:20 am, kcd <k...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone have a recommendation for a time clock system that integrates > well with GP? We just implemented Time Matrix by Business Computers (www.business- computers.com) and are very happy with it. We implemented quickly the hardware wasn't propietary or complicated so we were able to source our own stuff. Troy I can speak highly of Unitime's time and attendance system. They are a relatively low cost solution t...

Short time vs short date

How Use ShellExecute with a CMemFile

Outlook 2000 running on XP
After setting up a mail account and indicating that I want all passwords remembered I constantly get promoted to enter a password when I send and/or receive mail. I have clicked remember password in all dialoges during the setup process and via the Properties dialog following the creation of the account. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatfully accepted Thanks "Ross Andrews" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1fb4801c45886$24eab500$a301280a@phx.gbl... > After setting up a mail account and indicating that I > want all passwords reme...

Using INDIRECT within functions

MS Access 2007 code not running

what printers can run Vista
just purchased a dell which came with Vista on it. now my printer (HP 5550 deskjet) won't print. I need to find a new printer that i can hook up to the computer. This is an Access newsgroup. We help with questions related to Microsoft Access - the database application that is part of MS Office Professional. -- Rick B "monroe" <monroe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC746826-251A-4097-AF88-2805BCDE7DEC@microsoft.com... > just purchased a dell which came with Vista on it. now my printer (HP > 5550 > deskjet) won't print. I need to...

How to use count for calls per hour

Out of Office
I have a problem when I try to set up my "out of office" message. I use Outlook 2003 and have XP Professional. I do not have an exchange server so I have to emulate it - which I did. So.........when I leave for vacation, I have to leave my computer on and Outlook running to have the "Out of Office" message sent to any incoming emails. This seems crazy to me. I run a small business from my home - so what happens if the power goes off on the first day of vacation - then I have no out of office message going to clients. Is there any way around this?? Thanks in a...

Windows 7/IE8 Javascript will not run.
I am having major issues with IE8 recently. I get no error messages, things just don't work. For example, I can't download files from sites, windows update will not download files either. I viewed the html source on a particular page that wasn't working and there was some text in the html that said Javascript was not supported in my browser (but the text didn't show on the screen). FWIW, I have now installed both chrome and firefox and they don't have any problems with javascript or download files, etc. This problem started after I switched from McAfee to...