SP3 Install Error #2

I have a problem installing V10 SP3 which has the following error when
upgrading a company:

ERROR [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]An explicit value for the
identity column in table 'SVC00950' can only be specified when a column list
is used and IDENTITY_INSERT is ON.

I have tried it with and without the Native driver.  How did our system get
out of sync with the updates?  GP is running on Srv2008  64bit and SQL2008,
same machine in a test environment.

Any help is much appreciated.

Steve
0
Steve3367 (862)

Steve,

First, Check if you have Field Service registered. If not, You can run the
following script prior to running GP Utilities and then run the GP utilities
as part of upgrade.

UPDATE DYNAMICS..DB_Upgrade SET db_verOldMajor=0, db_verOldMinor=0,
db_verOldBuild=0, db_status=0 WHERE PRODID=949 and db_name='XXXX'

UPDATE DYNAMICS..DU000020 SET versionMajor=0, versionMinor=0, versionBuild=0
WHERE PRODID=949 and companyID=x

Remember that you need to replace 'XXXX' with your company Database name and
'X' with company ID.

Please run the scripts after taking the databases backup.

--
Thanks
Janakiram M.P.

"Steve" wrote:

> I have a problem installing V10 SP3 which has the following error when
> upgrading a company:
>
> ERROR [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]An explicit value for the
> identity column in table 'SVC00950' can only be specified when a column list
> is used and IDENTITY_INSERT is ON.
>
> I have tried it with and without the Native driver.  How did our system get
> out of sync with the updates?  GP is running on Srv2008  64bit and SQL2008,
> same machine in a test environment.
>
> Any help is much appreciated.
>
> Steve
0
janakirammp (688)
6/22/2009 8:31:01 PM
Worked like a charm.  Thanks.

"Janakiram M.P." wrote:

> Steve,
>
> First, Check if you have Field Service registered. If not, You can run the
> following script prior to running GP Utilities and then run the GP utilities
> as part of upgrade.
>
> UPDATE DYNAMICS..DB_Upgrade SET db_verOldMajor=0, db_verOldMinor=0,
> db_verOldBuild=0, db_status=0 WHERE PRODID=949 and db_name='XXXX'
>
> UPDATE DYNAMICS..DU000020 SET versionMajor=0, versionMinor=0, versionBuild=0
> WHERE PRODID=949 and companyID=x
>
> Remember that you need to replace 'XXXX' with your company Database name and
> 'X' with company ID.
>
> Please run the scripts after taking the databases backup.
>

> --
> Thanks
> Janakiram M.P.
> MCP-GP
>

> "Steve" wrote:
>
> > I have a problem installing V10 SP3 which has the following error when
> > upgrading a company:
> >
> > ERROR [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]An explicit value for the
> > identity column in table 'SVC00950' can only be specified when a column list
> > is used and IDENTITY_INSERT is ON.
> >
> > I have tried it with and without the Native driver.  How did our system get
> > out of sync with the updates?  GP is running on Srv2008  64bit and SQL2008,
> > same machine in a test environment.
> >
> > Any help is much appreciated.
> >
> > Steve
0
Steve3367 (862)
6/23/2009 1:25:01 PM
This worked for me as well. But can you explain what happens here-?
Why running the updates agains DB_upgrade and DU000020 does that mean we are
telling GP to Recreate any missing Columns / Tables  from scratch as if there
were not Service packs applied to that company-???

Thank you

"Janakiram M.P." wrote:

> Steve,
>
> First, Check if you have Field Service registered. If not, You can run the
> following script prior to running GP Utilities and then run the GP utilities
> as part of upgrade.
>
> UPDATE DYNAMICS..DB_Upgrade SET db_verOldMajor=0, db_verOldMinor=0,
> db_verOldBuild=0, db_status=0 WHERE PRODID=949 and db_name='XXXX'
>
> UPDATE DYNAMICS..DU000020 SET versionMajor=0, versionMinor=0, versionBuild=0
> WHERE PRODID=949 and companyID=x
>
> Remember that you need to replace 'XXXX' with your company Database name and
> 'X' with company ID.
>
> Please run the scripts after taking the databases backup.
>

> --
> Thanks
> Janakiram M.P.
> MCP-GP
>

> "Steve" wrote:
>
> > I have a problem installing V10 SP3 which has the following error when
> > upgrading a company:
> >
> > ERROR [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]An explicit value for the
> > identity column in table 'SVC00950' can only be specified when a column list
> > is used and IDENTITY_INSERT is ON.
> >
> > I have tried it with and without the Native driver.  How did our system get
> > out of sync with the updates?  GP is running on Srv2008  64bit and SQL2008,
> > same machine in a test environment.
> >
> > Any help is much appreciated.
> >
> > Steve
0
Harry (77)

Any word on CRM 1.2 release date?
Has anyone heard a firm release date yet for CRM version 1.2? And will CRM 1.2 work with SBS2003 that was just released? -kw "Jim" <jim@nospam.com> wrote in message news:ehxGoPvnDHA.644@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Has anyone heard a firm release date yet for CRM version 1.2? > > This depends on where you are based. I've just got home from an MS course, and we told that in Australia it will release to the partners at the conference late next month, and will be released to customers on 12/1/04. It was also confirmed that it will run on SBS2003 - it will ru...

2 Questions on Pivot Tables
Any assistance appriciated. (Excel 2003) 1) I have a simple Pivot table showing 6 groups with their totals and a subtotal eg: America 10 UK 15 Oz 22 etc. Grand Total 125 I want to Pivot Graph this data, no problems. I want however an extra line to show the total on the Secondary Axis. I have almost got it by placing the column in a second time as a Running Total and then as a Line on my chart, hiding all the values until the last point. However I would like if possible the Total as a horizontal line across the chart? 2) I h...

Page set up #2
I want to use the paper size of A3, but cannot find it in the paper options. Anyone know where I can find it? Check your printer properties and preferences. If the printers you have installed won't handle A3 you won't have it. And you will need to "install" something that will. Even a "PDF" file printer will do. Alan Badgery wrote: > I want to use the paper size of A3, but cannot find it in the paper > options. Anyone know where I can find it? I've just a home use computer, but the intention was to use the work book between and home and work, w...

Monitoring Exchange 2003 #2
Hello, We are planning to implement MOM 2005. However, we are also concerned about implementing auditing for changes made within ESM. Will there be a tool that will allow management to know a change was completed by a specific UserID? When a mailbox store is dismounted - who dismounted it/date/time? When a change is made to the RUS - who made the change? Thank you, Exchange2003 MOM does not have the ability to monitor this in the shipped Management Pack. You can enable AD auditing on the domain controllers: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314955&sd=tech. ...

smtp addresses #2
Exchange 2000. I have 2 smtp addresses under recipient policy. smtp: username@domain.com (set as default) smtp: username@local.domain.com These were created automatically when we migrated from exchange 5.5 to 2000. local.domain.com is our internal domain. domain.com is our Internet address. I unchecked local.domain.com address, and "Apply this policy now", but it did not remove them from each users AD account. So I deleted the local.domain.com address, and "Apply this policy now", but it still did not remove them from each users AD account. We are getting NDR's b...

Synch Error 0X8004010F OAB
Exchange 2003 w/Outlook 2003 - I have reviewed lot's of posts on the OAB Error but I don't see anyone being able to resolve it. I have been dealing with this issue for 3 months now. I have worked through each of the three Tech Notes I can find and no luck - zero. Has anyone been able to resolve this issue? Is this a bug in Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003? I would really love to find someone - anyone - who has been able to resolve their issue on this one. Also, has anyone been the Microsoft Product Support Services route on this yet? This is what my users see every day fo...

Exporting emails from Outlook 2003 #2
I have a folder that contains over 500 threads on technical matters on a subject. I have tried to use Export to Exel but this does not transfere all the information over including not giving all the text in the body of the email. A similar problem is saving an email to a folder outside outlook it doesn't show the date so you may have a huge list of items all titled but not dated in the title Please can anybody help? Hi stevtb why do you want to export the emails. What is the target/reson to export the emails? -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange (Vista Ready): Publi...

Two questions about install packet made by vs2008.
Hi All: I use vs2008 to create an install packet. There are two problems about shortcut. 1.There is a pdf document in my product, and I create a shortcut for this file in start menu. How can I set pdf icon for this shortcut? 2.When I open the property dialog of this shortcut, the "find target" button is disabled. How can I enable this button? Maybe I can use installshield to solve these problems. Thanks! Fiveight ...

training #2
Is there a class offered on Publisher and if so will it ever come to Ohio? Thanks Lots of good training articles available on the Office site. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/CR061832741033.aspx Where in Ohio? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Cindy Taylor" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0ed301c4f293$82579a30$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a class offered on Publisher and if so will it > ever come to Ohio? Thanks On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 19:06:21 -0500, "...

error message
Extended MAPI 1.0 for Windows 95 used an uninitialized function pointer. How do I fix this? It used mapi32x.dll ...

Error Message 550 5.7.1
i recive the following message - i use outlook 2002:- our message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: FW: test Sent: 12/15/2003 4:21 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Osama Haiba (osama.h@york-egypt.com.eg) on 12/15/2003 4:21 AM 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for osama.h@york- egypt.com.eg Set your incoming server to authenticate using your outgoing server credentials. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual ...

Event ID c0072030 #2
We have an Active Directory Organizational that contain all of our contacts. I have run the delegation of control wizard and given a user full control over the contacts OU. When I log on with that users account and try to update to add an SMTP address to a contact I receive the following error: There is no such object on the server Facility:Win32 ...

Outlook not opening #2
I recently installed Outlook. When I try to open it, I get the error message "Outlook requires Outlook Express 4.01 or greater". I do have OE 5.0 installed. Why am I getting this error? ...

List Boxes #2
Can someone tell me how to correct the following code so that both columns in the listbox will be updated? Only the first column distplays Dim MyArray() ReDim MyArray(mycount, 1) usrGLDist.lstOutput.ColumnCount = 2 For i = 0 To rst.Count - 1 MyArray(i, 0) = rst.Value("descr") MyArray(i, 1) = rst.Value("pcamt") rst.MoveNext Next i 'Load ListBox1 usrGLDist.lstOutput.List() = MyArray Richard wrote : > Can someone tell me how to correct the following code so that both > columns in the listbox will be updated? Only the first col...

How can I line up 2 columns with similar information?
I have 2 columns with names in each and I'd like to line them up next to each other. I think we'll need more information, Kathy. I don't understand what you're trying to do. Can you give exactly what's up? ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5C0BC96-7E27-4C55-89A3-03513FC0D409@microsoft.com... >I have 2 columns with names in each and I'd like to line them up next to >each > other. Column A has employee number, Column B has the same employee numbers but has addi...

Lost Product Key #2
Wanted to install my publisher deluxe 2002 onto my new computer. I've lost my product key. What can I do? How do I do it? Whistle Britches wrote: > Wanted to install my publisher deluxe 2002 onto my new > computer. I've lost my product key. What can I do? How do > I do it? ================================= Have a look at the following KB article: (823570) How to Obtain a New Product Key for Office Program Setup http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=823570 -- John Inzer return e-mail disabled ...

RMS POS 2.0 SP1 fails to install
We are running RMS 2.0, and when I tried to install POS SP1 I get the following error" The expected version of the product was not found on your system" I have searched kb and found nothing that may address this. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks Sounds like you got the wrong service pack. POS is a different product. You need RMS 2.0 Service Pack 1. Marc "Davidjc52" <Davidjc52@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE74C3F9-0CF6-4693-889C-8CD301CA691F@microsoft.com... > We are running RMS 2.0, and when I tried to install POS SP1 I get the &g...

How do I make a particular column required in Excel? #2
Our NPO is creating a reimbursement chart in Excel. We're trying to make it so that if employees do not fill in one particular column entitled "Projects," they will get an error or will be unable to have a final sum filled in. Is there any way I can make this particular column required so that if it is not filled in, the chart will not complete properly? Thank you in advance for any advice or help--I'm a bit of a novice to this! ...

help with lookup formula (sheet 2, not a double post)
I need to make a formula using a lookup. The first spreadsheet is a inventory (ALO INVENTORY JP). The second (P&G 103) is a chart tha tells number of gallons of alcohol per foot/inch/fraction. On ALO INVENTORY JP I insert the # of feet, inches, and the fraction i cells R5 and T5. I want these numbers to lookup the number of gallon off of the P&G 103 worksheet. For example: P&G 103 (on inventory sheet) is 26ft 4 1/2 inches, i should look-up to be 34572 gal. for the 26'4" and 55 gal. for the 1/2" These two numbers should be added together and multiplied by the numbe ...

Exchange VSS Writer Error
Hi, Our Exchange Server ( running on Win2003, Exch2003-SP1 ) is having backup issues since the active backup job was interrupted by a network failure. Network switch's power was interrupted during an active backup job. After the incident, I am having error when I try to start the exchange backup. I am using Veritas Backup veritas 10 to do the backup job. I have tried to use the windows native backup but is facing the similar problem also. The following is the event details when i try to activate a backup job Event Type: Information Event Source: NTBackup Event Category: None ...

error when opening .accdb file
I don't think this is a new issue but I can't seem to find the resolution... I get an error when opening my Access 2007 formatted database stating that the file could not be found, though at the same time the file opens successfully. -- Error is intermittent. On occasions where the error does not occur, the file opens normally (I have never had an occasion where the file did not open at all) -- I have only seen the error happen when I have a 'Display Form' set in the Application Options for the 'Current Database' -- The database contains macros, VBA m...

Exchange 2003 or Outlook 2003 error
This is only happening with one of our users, and I am trying to figure out if it is with there Outlook 2003 Client or if it is with our Exchange 2003 server. I have read other posts about this however I could not tell if the error was with one or all of the clients. Also they seemed to indicate it was for outside there domain, ours is happening for both outside and inside when a mail is sent to a user on the same server and domain. They have not received the error (to my knowledge) from OWA. Error: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject...

Run-time error 2465 after database import
I'm trying to tidy up a database by starting with a fresh, blank database (Access 2000) and importing everything from the original database. Here are the steps I've gone through: 1. Started with a blank database. 2. Set all the properties to be the same as the original database. I've set the properties in: - File / Database Properties - Tools / Startup - Tools / Options - Visual Basic Editor - Tools / database Properties - Visual Basic Editor - Tools / Options - Visual Basic Editor - Tools / References 3. Selected File / Get External Data / Import and ...

Message "An error has occured" when click Activity
Hi All, After creating a new case, when i try to create a new email activity, message "An error has occured. Please contact your system administrator". Has anybody encounter this issue before? Previously it was working fine, after we import the customization. I have problem to create new email activity. Thanks. -- Regards, Venedict what does the Event Viewer say? "Venedict" wrote: > Hi All, > > After creating a new case, when i try to create a new email activity, > message "An error has occured. Please contact your system administrator". &g...

SMTP Security #2
Does any know what is the Best Practice for Securing SMTP is? and More importantly do you have the documentation to implement it? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;193922 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324059 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319356 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836500 Austin Morgan wrote: > Does any know what is the Best Practice for Securing SMTP is? and More > importantly do you have the documentation to implement it? > > You could configure SMTP mail rel...