Sort search results by date

It would be nice if i could sort my search results in this forum by date.
I would like to see my most recent questions at the top.

--
Sheri Salomone
THANKS!

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=aea30868-23be-47a3-a123-29c4512a5802&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

You could try Outlook Express or another newsgroup reader.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Sheri Salomone" wrote:

> It would be nice if i could sort my search results in this forum by date.
> I would like to see my most recent questions at the top.
>
> --
> Sheri Salomone
> THANKS!
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=aea30868-23be-47a3-a123-29c4512a5802&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
callen (2505)

Date format issue when submitting from a userform to a spreadsheet
Hi, I have a userform that I've generated which routes dates onto a spreadsheet based on the users input. I am having a bit of a frustrating time with the dates, it would appear that in the process of moving the date from the userform to the spreadsheet some dates are switched/transposed. I'll give an example. If someone enters 09/02/2004 on the userform excel seems to look at 09 and assume it is a month and transposes the dates to 02/09/2004(this does not appear to be a US/UK format issues as I have already gone down that road). However, if the date 13/09/2004 is entered i...

Sorting Alphanumeric values in a text field
I'm using Access 2003 for a database for my company. I have a field in a table that has both text and numbers. They are part numbers, for example 21BC124. I kept the field as text because of the text with in the numbers and didn't figure that a numeric field would alow the text. In my part numbers table it sorts correctly (first by number then by letter then by number again), but in my reports and queries there are a few number that sort in the wrong place. Like this... 20D10-3 21BC123 21BC128 22D10 25TD47 21FA101 21FA200 25FA203 38FA601 21FP604 38WS100 I can't quite f...

cell looses name after sorting
Can someone help me with the following problem in Excel 2000: in a table I have attached serveral cells with unique cell names, the values in these cells are used in other sheets. the problem is that when I sort the table, the cell names stay in the original rowposition; they are not sorted! while their values are. So Cell names get different values, and other calculations on my other sheets get messed up! How can I make the cell names relative instead of absolute? thankx in advance, Jim --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "jimfx >" <<jimfx.109zcv@exc...

Keyboard shortcut for current date and time
Hi, Ctrl+ ; inserts current date and Ctrl+Shift+; inserts current ti me Ctrl+Shift+; inserts the current time with the date serial as 0 and not the current date's date serial. Presently I am adding the two (ie current date and time) to get the current date and time. Is there a keyboard shortcut that does this? Thanks in advance. Regards, Raj CTRL+; then SPACE then CTRL+SHIFT+; -or- =Now() -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware "Raj" <rspai9@gmail.com> wrote in message Hi, Ctrl+ ; inserts current dat...

Compare Now() to a European date
This is driving me nuts, I have a list of certificates. In column B their expiry dates are entered as Europeans, some at least, do. Like today would be 20080524. I want these cells to change colour with conditional formating. For instance becoming yellow when there is less than three months between now and the expiry date, and then becoming red when there is less than one month to expiry. Else they should remain without colour. I have read through a hundred posts dealing with similar needs and seemingly fine replies, but I get nowhere with my particular sheet. When I format my B cell as ...

Formula for date field
1.I have simple dates in one column (say column A) . 2.In the next column(Column B) I would like the date five months after Column A to be displayed.Eg if Column A has an entry of 9th June 2007,Column B should display 8th November,2007. 3.A simple formula does not do the job as this does not take into account the different number of days in different months! regards S.Sanatani Your post is a bit ambiguous since you don't really say how the different number of days in months should be handled. One way: A1: <date> B1: =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+5,DAY(A1)-1) In articl...

Date Format turn to Year
Hi, I tried to convert the date to YEAR and then the year plus 25 Years later. =Year(A1) I'm getting the result 1900 instead of 1965. I tried to add 25 years later to 1990 from 1965. Your help would be much apprecated. Thanks What's in A1? Are you sure it's a real date? "learning_codes@hotmail.com" wrote: > > Hi, > > I tried to convert the date to YEAR and then the year plus 25 Years > later. > > =Year(A1) I'm getting the result 1900 instead of 1965. > > I tried to add 25 years later to 1990 from 1965. > > Your ...

using dates Part 2

Today's date on an Active X Calendar
Could anyone tell me how to set the properties so that the ActiveX calendar I have in the database, displays the current date when the program is openend. I thought this would have been easy, but obviously not! Thanks for any help. CEL504 wrote: > Could anyone tell me how to set the properties so that the ActiveX calendar I > have in the database, displays the current date when the program is openend. > > I thought this would have been easy, but obviously not! > > Thanks for any help. http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.ms-access/msg/1564d683ede98f8c Jame...

Compare 2 different workbooks with the result in a 3rd
I have two workbooks (2005 Sales, 2004 Sales), which track daily results in half hour intervals. I want to be able to show the increase in 2005 in a 3rd workbooks. The first two workbooks are identically formatted. How can I do this? Many thanks to all in the forum who have helped in the past. If the data is in exactly the same position in the two worksheets you could copy/paste one's data to a new worksheet and then copy the second's, doing an Edit, Paste Special, Subtract on top of the first's data. This is admittedly crude but it is easy to do. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP &q...

How do i sort rows randomly?
I want to choose 50 random rows from 10,000 lines of data and paste it into a new sheet. The only way I know is to use a random number generator to randomly select the records and then copy/paste the data out out, row by row, fifty times, which is time-consuming. Is there a way to randomize my entire data table by row so that I can take the first fifty rows all at once and know that they've been randomly selected? Thanks. Jeremy Jeremy wrote: > I want to choose 50 random rows from 10,000 lines of data and paste it into a > new sheet. The only way I know is to use a random numb...

Getting right date value
I setup my DTPicker control to be used only as a date control, yet I'm noticing that sometimes it will give back a date AND a time all in the same "value" variable. Since it appears that a variable of type "Date" can give back both a date and time, how can I eliminate the time half of a date value??? I might not be able to exactly control the DTPicker control to give me JUST a date, so I'm just curious what to do if it gives me back both a date & time. thank u Hi, Try this : Dim x as date x = cdate(clng(DTPicker1.value)) &qu...

Rounding actual results
Hi, I've got a grid that says: Hr Min Maths: 5 25 English: 7 25 And so on. I'm wanting to work out how much time is devoted to learning in the whole week. What I've got so far is: Hr Min Total learning time: =A1+A2... (counts up all totals in hours column) My current answer for hours is 18. I'm stuck with what to do with the minutes column. so far, I've got an ...

I need a formula to sum column b if column a is between two dates
I have an excel spreadsheet with employees time off. I need a formula that will add column b if column a is betwee two dates. For example: if column a is between 9/22/04 and 9/21/05 then add column b. I have tried all different formluas but can't get this to work. ...

Making a template that puts the current date in the document so that does NOT change
I'd like to make a template that sets up some standard headers and formatting for new Word documents for a night school course I'm enrolled in. Among other requirements for all papers is to put the date the paper was created at the top. I'd furthermore like it so that if I need to reopen the document after creating it to say print another copy, the date written at the top will not change. In other words, when I create a new document using the template the current date is put near the top, but when I subsequently open the file for editing or reprinting it does NOT automat...

Propose a meeting with multiple dates in Outlook
How do you propose a meeting with multiple dates? Recurrence button S wrote: > How do you propose a meeting with multiple dates? > "S" <S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1448A718-D76A-4874-9FC0-03AFD4367566@microsoft.com... > How do you propose a meeting with multiple dates? See this: http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/pickmeeting.htm -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] On 3/11/2010 7:16 AM, S wrote: > How do you propose a meeting with multiple dates? > A third-party solution called Tungle works nicely for this. ht...

Null date parameter
Hi How can I pass a null value to a date parameter in a Sub? Thanks Regards hi John, John wrote: > How can I pass a null value to a date parameter in a Sub? you have to pass it as Varian as normal data types cannot be Null: Public Sub yourSub(ADateNullable As Variant) On Local Error GoTo LocalError Dim DateValue As Date If IsNull(ADateNullable) Then Else DateValue = CDate(ADateNullable) End IF Exit Sub LocalError: If Err.Number = 13 Then ' Type mismatch. End If End Sub mfG --> stefan <-- ...

Serial Date in Multiple Worksheet
Hi, I need to create a workbook with the same Multiple Worksheet (TAB) form on it. This form will be used for each day of the month. The problem is I want to be able to enter the date on the first TAB and has the date replica to each worksheet add 1 day to each sheet. Example: The first sheet - Monday, December 26, 2005; the second - Tuesday, December 27, 2005; the third - Wednesday, December 28, 2005; and so on. Thanks in advanced. Try running the sub below (Sub is by Dave Peterson, and was plucked from a post by Gord Dibben in .newusers) Here's how to set it up .. In a new b...

Date & Time
Hi, I have a form called frmDetails and I have set a text box (txtDate) in the form with the control source of =Format(Now(),"dddd"", ""mmm d yyyy"", ""hh:nn:ss ampm") but the problem is I want this Time & Date to be recorded in the table (called tblDetails) as it needs to be used for referancing when entries were entered into the database. Can anyone tell me how to do this. Thanks Fiona Control source should be the table column. Make the default value your Now() etc. -Dorian "fiona.innes@metacor.co.uk" wrote: > Hi, &g...

Sorting Sheets?
In Excel 2002 is there a way of sorting sheets other than by dragging? See www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm for sample VBA code to sort worksheets. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "rifleman" <me9@privacy.net> wrote in message news:bpikvi$1odhnd$1@ID-108938.news.uni-berlin.de... > In Excel 2002 is there a way of sorting sheets other than by dragging? > > Using VBA http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "rifleman" <me9@privacy.net> wrote in mess...

Transaction dates a day early
Hello, Using M06 with direct connect & bill pay to my bank, the downloaded transaction dates entered are a day early in Money. If I view my account through my bank's web interface, the date would show as I'd expect (e.g. 11/21) for a given transaction. But when viewing my account in M06 (again directly connected/downloaded from bank), that same transaction has a date of 11/20. All transactions from this bank seem to "post" a day early in Money. I do let Money change the transaction date from what I entered to what the bank says (that's the way I want it). I a...

input date
hi all, is this possible: i will type 011005 and then excel will automatically format it as 01/10/05 and will be treated as date? thanks. Rufino Only with VBA code or a function in another cell, there is no way with the user interface of doing this automatically -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "rufino palacol jr" <rufinojr54@gawab.com> wrote in message news:%23Ve5wjg%23EHA.3376@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > hi all, > > is this possible: i will type 011005 and then excel will automatically > fo...

Date Elimination
I have a worksheet with mainly dates in column A in the format of '25 Aug 2008'. Is it possible with a macro or similar to delete lines beyond a certain date (2 years hence)? Basically, I'm not interested in data more than 2 years old. This would eliminate a lot of data and make for a more viewable worksheet. try this Sub del_date() ActiveCell.Range("A1").Select Do Until ActiveCell.Value =3D "" dt =3D Date - 730 If ActiveCell.Value <=3D dt Then ActiveCell.ClearContents ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select Else ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select End If Loop End ...

sort special text/numbers in format with many dots
Hi I need your help with sorting in Excel! I have mani Text fields with numbers into it. As example: 1 5.1 1.2 10.2.1 1.2.3 2 2.1.5 3 3.2.1.1 3.3.1.1.1 And it should sorted like this 1 1.2 1.2.3 2 2.1.5 3 3.2.1.1 3.3.1.1.1 5.1 10.2.1 How can I sort this like numbers? My problem is, that not all Numbers have the same format as x.x.x.x! And I can't change this Text-Fields to Numbers, because 10.6.1 looks the like 37052 :-( Any suggestions? Thx Marco Hi With your data in column A, insert a blank column at B. In B1 enter =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND(".",A1)),LEFT(A1,FIND(".&q...