SOP Invoice: Custom footer based on logged in user or customer cla

I've been asked to determine if its possible to conditionally print footers
on SOP Invoices to indicate the contact info of the person responsible for
the client company.

I was looking at either using the current logged in user or the class of the
customer to determine which info to include.

Can anyone point me to a KB article or some other source that can show me
how to do this?

Unforunately the user-defined fields in the customer record have already
been dedicated to something else.

TIA!

VinceV
0
VinceV (157)

You can attach some VBA code to the report and use the
RetrieveGlobals.dll supplied by MBS to acquire the current user and
then go on to conditionally change the footer based on the user/class,
but you will need some basic programming knowledge to do so.
Retrieveglobals.dll ships with some samples on using it and can be a
useful starting point for you.

"Ed" wrote:

> You can attach some VBA code to the report and use the
> RetrieveGlobals.dll supplied by MBS to acquire the current user and
> then go on to conditionally change the footer based on the user/class,
> but you will need some basic programming knowledge to do so.
> Retrieveglobals.dll ships with some samples on using it and can be a
> useful starting point for you.

It looks like that solution requires Modifier which the company does not have.

I've used RetrieveGlobals in a stand alone Access application that extracts
billing data and prepares it for integration.

Thanks for the suggestion!

VinceV
0
VinceV (157)
6/28/2007 11:12:00 PM
How versed are you in Report Writer?  You can easily get to the Customer
Class and the USER ID that is logged in is in the list of globals for the RW.

Now, create some conditional formulas based on these values and print the
appriate infomration based on the value in these fields.

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"VinceV" wrote:

> I've been asked to determine if its possible to conditionally print footers
> on SOP Invoices to indicate the contact info of the person responsible for
> the client company.
>
> I was looking at either using the current logged in user or the class of the
> customer to determine which info to include.
>
> Can anyone point me to a KB article or some other source that can show me
> how to do this?
>
> Unforunately the user-defined fields in the customer record have already
> been dedicated to something else.
>
> TIA!
>
> VinceV
0
info4071 (3005)

Adding a Macro as a custom action
I have written a macro that I would like to execute as a part of a rule. How to you add the running of a macro as a 'Custom Action'? Or how else could I do it? Thanks in advance - your assistance is much appreciated. [As well as posting here, please email me] Outlook version? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Micah Melnyk" <8mgm@qlink.queensu.ca> wrote in message news:099101c49758$2643cbb0$7d02280a@phx.gbl... ...

Specific Custom Message Filter/Query
I would like to find out if and how the following can be done on Exchange 2003 Std. I'd like to search or filter any and all messages leaving or entering our domain (i.e. messages leaving or entering the mycompany.com domain, but exclude messages with the below criteria being sent or received within our domain) where either of the following is within the subject or the message body. 6 consecutive numbers OR numbers in a social security number format. In other words find anything sent or received outside our domain in the numerical format of xxx-xx-xxxx Thanks! ...

OWA and logging onto different mailboxes
With Exchange 5.5 OWA it was possible to connect to any mailbox and then enter userid and password. For example, at the inital web page I could enter "Support" as the mailbox and click the "Login" button, then enter my username and password in the dialog box that pops up. In this way I could connect to any generic/resource/shared/user mailbox I have permission to view. With Exchange Server 2003 OWA I don't seem to have that option. With only a Username and Password field to determine the mailbox, I can only connect to my mailbox. Q: How do I connect to other mailboxe...

fix cell contents before deleting column from which formula's are based
I want to e-mail a spreadsheet to someone showing only the calculated results and deleting the column from which the formula's are based. I have done this (fixing the cell contents) before but can't remember how and am obviously not wording my query correctly for the help function. Thanks. Erica Copy, paste special, values? then delete the column? >-----Original Message----- >I want to e-mail a spreadsheet to someone showing only the >calculated results and deleting the column from which the >formula's are based. I have done this (fixing the cell >cont...

Outlook user agreement popup
How do I stop Outlook User Agreement from popping out everytime I open Outllook Start Outlook as an Administrator once; Hold SHIFT and right click on the Outlook shortcut when Outlook is closed. Choose Run as Administrator and accept the EULA. Close Outlook and then start it normally again. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "billypops" <billypops@discussions.micr...

Displaying data based on Drop Down List Selection
Hello, hope someone can help. I have a list of records in Excel which are attributed to teams in my organisation. Say its a list of staff. What I need is to be able to send the file out so that a user can select from a drop down menu the team name and the list displays all the staff in that team. I know that they could just use a filter for this themselves but these these users are not even comfortable doing that!! I need to make is simple so wanted a big obvious drop down list with the teams in, they select it and see all the relevant records. Has anybody got any ideas? Would be ver...

Select criteria based on the field name the user selects
Hi all, I am facing with aproblem where in i have a small access db with forms and reports now i want to change or set the where condition of a query based on the value the user selects from the form through a combo box. For ex:- if user is selecting Invoice_date then the where condition should search based on invoice date if the user selects any other field the querys where condition should search based on that particular field.Can any one help me in getting a solution for this. I have a sample database that shows how you can use various controls to set the filter of a query that i...

Query Based Distribution Groups-Issues?
I am looking at implementing Query based groups and am curious, what are some of the problems I am might run into? Example: Outlook 2003 cached mode? OWA? Active Sync? and most of all: If I am going to replace an existing group, I am planning on, after hours, deleting the existing group and creating a query distribution group. How will this affect the users and their offline address books. Thanks, Bob As far as I can tell you can't assign permissions for example to Public Folders to Query Bases Groups - that was a big one for me. Mark "Bob Williamson" <BobWilliamso...

Cannot sum in report footer based on group footer
I have a calculated control on group footer called txtFlex =IIf([semester]="Fall Full-Time",[FT_Fall],IIf([semester]="Spring Full-Time",[FT_Spring],Sum([Hour]/2))) I want to total it in report footer =sum([txtFlex]) When I run the report, it asks parameter 'txtFlex' in report footer. I double checked the spelling and it's correct. I even tried to use Expression Builder to use mouse to pick the control but it still gives me the error message. If I delete the control in report footer, no error message. But I do need that summary control in report footer. W...

How to write custom serialization method in C# web service
Hi, I have a C# web service client that talks to a JAVA application sever. I use AXIS to generate the WSDL file, use wsdl.exe to generate proxy stub c# code. When I try to use c# client connect to application server, I did not get the result in the C# client side, I used a soap monitor to look at the SOAP messages that were exchanged, I can see server returned a correct SOAP message, but the C# client failed to deserialize the XML result back to the C# object. I wonder if there is a way to write a custom XML deserializer to populate the result back to C# object. The serialization part seemed...

Needs to show the different company address in SOP
Hi, On top left side of the SOP invoice, there lists company primary address information which is controlled through company address setup. Now we had a separate showroom sales in different locations. How can I show a different company address when the sales is done through that location. We have to show different company address from these two locations. My first thought is through the site setup where I can enter different address for each site. But I think I have to modify the report writer, which I am not good at. So is there any alternative way to do that? ...

No For Closing Excel or User Form
Is there a macro code which will not allow closing Excel Program with up right corner button "X", if not, how about User Form? Thanks, Sahak question was answered in your later reposting. http://google.com/groups?threadm=01b601c398d1%24000302d0%24a501280a@phx.gbl Sometimes you do have to ask again and waiting a day (21 hours) is a reasonable wait for most questions. You should however stick to the same thread and not change the subject line. Try to make the original subject title describe the problem in about 30 characters. Meaningful subjects and keeping to a thread help...

BAM and cube analysis from a user machine
I have some cubes in Analysis Services, I created them using BAM. From the server containing my SQL server and analysis services I have no problem connecting using localhost to access my cubes using excel add-in, cube analysis. But when I try to connect from another user machine I can't, I tried setting up an ODBC connection and just browsing the server but can't get access to them, I do have all the security rights for seeing them, I created the server. I have windows xp on the user machine with excel 2003 sp1. Windows Server 2000 with excel 2003 on the server machine. ...

Invoice Form Question
I've created an Invoice form which seems to work pretty well for creating invoices, but now the Office folks would like to add some functionality. Right now, we track our orders by Order Number. The Order Entry table includes information that is unique to the order as a whole. There is also an associated Order Details table which includes information specific the line item for a specific order. The Part Numbers table includes information that is standard to the Part Number. Right now the Invoice information is included on the Order Entry table. My thinking was that the relatio...

Custom form Authentication
I have an application that I have rolled out at a few different customers. I create a virtual directory under CRM and in the isv.config file I use relative url. Yet in some cases people have to re-authenticate into my pages. These pages are launched from within CRM, so there is no reason to re-authenticate. There is a new patch out there for some IIS error that when applied, the re-authentication just plain doesn't work and none of my users can get in. These seems so basic - so what am I missing!! Thanks! ...

Users and Their Roles
Hello, I am configuring Microsoft CRM for the first time in a small organization. I have run into a situation where users have many functions and may not fall under the roles specified in the list of roles to assign the new user. My question is where can I find a detailed description as to what these roles are. I have been unable to find any such documentation. Thank You, Dale Renaud Systems Administrator Dale, There is some info on the "canned" roles in the Implementation Guide. That said, MS also recommends that you do NOT modify these roles. The recommendat...

Remote access to home user
Picked up a new client that has a number of consultants working from home, anyone got suggestions as to what to use for remote access/support of non domain home based systems. There's a mix of mostly Vista and W7 Home premium, and XP Pro. Ideally I'd like a service like logmein but it's monthly cost is a little too expensive. Appreciate any advice. Ultra VNC is one possibility. <Scottfree16@gmail.com> wrote in message news:iso8h5tv4poj1gf24i9g33250q5i06bjbd@4ax.com... > Picked up a new client that has a number of consultants working from > home,...

Adding additional desscription to an Invoice
Looking for any ideas and or 3rd party solutions that would provide for additonal lines of desscription to a line item in SOP and print on a Quote, Order and or invoice Michael, As you miht have noticed, the item description defaults on the sales document. You can change the description to be what you want. If you still want to appear on the invoice( or other sales doc) it is simply a matter of modifying the sales document to pull the item description from the item master. This saves you from looking for "external" solutions. I modified my GP invoice in such a way that if th...

Custom Number Formats
Does anyone know of a good resource for looking up the capabilities and limitations of Custom Number formats? I'm trying to recreate a convoluted Word format inside of Excel. So far I've been unsuccessful. tj How about "About custom number formats" in XL Help? In article <153F3092-E5EB-489D-B568-A63C7BA41130@microsoft.com>, "tjtjjtjt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know of a good resource for looking up the capabilities and > limitations of Custom Number formats? > I'm trying to recreate a convoluted Word fo...

Dimension of profile user photo?
What are the optimum dimensions that your profile photo in windows live messenger should be? Greetings, 96x96. -- Jonathan Kay Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com Messenger Resources: http://messenger.jonathankay.com (c) 2010 Jonathan Kay - If redistributing, you must include this signature or citation -- "thebigdintexas" <thebigdintexas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:636EEFB8-CAE8-45B2-886F-221A3026BE89@microsoft.com... > What are the optimum dime...

crm email for remote users
Hi, I have a client with 10 remote users who wants to implement MSCRM. The remote users use a hosted POP3 email service, not Exchange. Can Sales for Outlook be configured so that when a CRM email is sent, the email uses their hosted service's profile in Outlook? Thanks No this will not work CRM will only work against an exchange server. "Gene Marks" <gene@marksgroup.net> wrote in message news:OEg340vPDHA.3236@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have a client with 10 remote users who wants to implement MSCRM. The > remote users use a hosted POP3 email ...

How can i start application before User Logon
I having a project which need to create a kids used application which run prior before user log in. Is there anywhere to do it? And is it possible to disable the combination keys of alt+ctrl+del in vista? -- bing88 Sounds like malware to me. "bing88" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:93546aad9d33dca0b81adf53127f22ee@nntp-gateway.com... > > I having a project which need to create a kids used application which > run prior before user log in. Is there anywhere to do it? And is it > possible to disable the combination keys of alt+...

Records showing SYSTEM instead of User
I have sent an E-mail to one user from another using Outlook . I have assigned the E-mail to a contact record .The E-mail is tracked in CRM. However in the history page of the Contact recors the Created by field shows SYSTEM instead of User name.please Help. This is normal behavior currently. For the user that promoted the email, you can look at the "Owner" not the Created By. Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP Workopia, Inc. http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com "kunal kapoor" wrote: > I have sent an E-mail to one user from another using Outlook . I have > assign...

Scriptet user cant send or recive mails
Hi, im having a huge problem. Iv just add 2100 new users in our Exchange by script, and most of those users cant send or recive mails, and i wounder why. If you take an excisting AD user who have no problem and compare this with one of the new users, there are no different, iv looked trough every bits and bots i can find. If i move the mail box from one database/server to another the user account are now fixed and the user can send and recive mail?!? Anyone who can explain what going on here?!? tsbo@kolding.dk wrote: >Hi, im having a huge problem. Iv just add 2100 new users in our >...

Query Based Distribution List Note
We are running Exchange 2003 and using Query Based Distribution Lists (QBDL), viewable through the GAL. Our users are complaining (and building their own lists) because they can't see who is included in the list. We use desciptive names, but they need more information. All QBDLs are based on a company, a department or part of a title. I have asked our administrator to place in the "note" field of the QBDL what the parameter(s) were. For example, "people with COMPANY beginning with ABC". How do I tell my administrator(?) to edit the note field? Don In ADSIEdit, ...