SOP Distribution Tables Question

We use eConnect to send SOP transactions with a custom distribution. The
distribution can involve transferring some funds from a reserve account, so
the distribution can be split, one debit and credit to transfer funds from
the reserve account, and the second debit and credit to different accounts,
to biill for the remainder. All works fine, and the distributions are correct
in the Sales Transaction Distributions window.

But we'd like to report off of the tables, and I can only see the one
distribution in the SOP10102 table. The second amount and account pair for
the reserve amount, which shows correctly in the interface, doesn't seem to
be in the table.

With multiple distributions on an invoice, where the heck is the second
distribution stored?

0
RonRuble (7)

Ron,

What is the transaction type you're importing in?  The SOP10102 table only
stores distributions for Invoices, Fulfillment Orders and Returns....

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Ron Ruble" <RonRuble@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We use eConnect to send SOP transactions with a custom distribution. The
> distribution can involve transferring some funds from a reserve account,
> so
> the distribution can be split, one debit and credit to transfer funds from
> the reserve account, and the second debit and credit to different
> accounts,
> to biill for the remainder. All works fine, and the distributions are
> correct
> in the Sales Transaction Distributions window.
>
> But we'd like to report off of the tables, and I can only see the one
> distribution in the SOP10102 table. The second amount and account pair for
> the reserve amount, which shows correctly in the interface, doesn't seem
> be in the table.
>
> With multiple distributions on an invoice, where the heck is the second
> distribution stored?

0
victoria (3340)
2/4/2009 9:45:23 PM
Invoices, SOP type 3.

As I said, one distribution is there; it's just the second entry that isn't.

Here's a (sanitized) copy of one of the XML Schemas, except for the second
distribution, it's identical to one's that we've been sending for quite a
while:

<eConnect xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
  <SOPTransactionType>
    <eConnectProcessInfo xsi:nil="true" />
    <taUpdateCreateItemRcd xsi:nil="true" />
    <taUpdateCreateCustomerRcd xsi:nil="true" />
    <taCreateCustomerAddress_Items xsi:nil="true" />
    <taSopSerial_Items xsi:nil="true" />
    <taSopLotAuto_Items xsi:nil="true" />
    <taSopLineIvcInsert_Items>
      <taSopLineIvcInsert>
        <SOPTYPE>3</SOPTYPE>
        <SOPNUMBE>XXX000000001</SOPNUMBE>
        <CUSTNMBR>0000001</CUSTNMBR>
        <DOCDATE>8/12/2002</DOCDATE>
        <ITEMNMBR>2301019</ITEMNMBR>
        <UNITPRCE>-67.69</UNITPRCE>
        <XTNDPRCE>-67.69</XTNDPRCE>
        <QUANTITY>1</QUANTITY>
        <ITEMDESC>KENNETH W HEAGY</ITEMDESC>
        <NONINVEN>1</NONINVEN>
      </taSopLineIvcInsert>
      <taSopLineIvcInsert>
        <SOPTYPE>3</SOPTYPE>
        <SOPNUMBE>XXX000000001</SOPNUMBE>
        <CUSTNMBR>0000001</CUSTNMBR>
        <DOCDATE>8/12/2002</DOCDATE>
        <ITEMNMBR>2301019</ITEMNMBR>
        <UNITPRCE>135.38</UNITPRCE>
        <XTNDPRCE>135.38</XTNDPRCE>
        <QUANTITY>1</QUANTITY>
        <ITEMDESC>KENNETH W HEAGY</ITEMDESC>
        <NONINVEN>1</NONINVEN>
      </taSopLineIvcInsert>
    </taSopLineIvcInsert_Items>
    <taSopLineIvcInsertComponent_Items xsi:nil="true" />
    <taSopTrackingNum_Items xsi:nil="true" />
    <taSopCommissions_Items xsi:nil="true" />
    <taSopLineIvcTaxInsert_Items xsi:nil="true" />
    <taCreateSopPaymentInsertRecord_Items xsi:nil="true" />
    <taSopUserDefined xsi:nil="true" />
    <taSopDistribution_Items>
      <taSopDistribution xsi:nil="true" />
      <taSopDistribution>
        <SOPTYPE>3</SOPTYPE>
        <SOPNUMBE>XXX000000001</SOPNUMBE>
        <DISTTYPE>1</DISTTYPE>
        <ACTNUMST>106-1000-00001</ACTNUMST>
        <DEBITAMT>67.69</DEBITAMT>
        <CUSTNMBR>0000001</CUSTNMBR>
      </taSopDistribution>
      <taSopDistribution>
        <SOPTYPE>3</SOPTYPE>
        <SOPNUMBE>XXX000000001</SOPNUMBE>
        <DISTTYPE>2</DISTTYPE>
        <ACTNUMST>110-1001-00070</ACTNUMST>
        <CRDTAMNT>67.69</CRDTAMNT>
        <CUSTNMBR>0000001</CUSTNMBR>
      </taSopDistribution>
      <taSopDistribution>
        <SOPTYPE>3</SOPTYPE>
        <SOPNUMBE>XXX000000001</SOPNUMBE>
        <DISTTYPE>2</DISTTYPE>
        <ACTNUMST>110-1001-00070</ACTNUMST>
        <DEBITAMT>135.38</DEBITAMT>
        <CUSTNMBR>0000001</CUSTNMBR>
      </taSopDistribution>
      <taSopDistribution>
        <SOPTYPE>3</SOPTYPE>
        <SOPNUMBE>XXX000000001</SOPNUMBE>
        <DISTTYPE>1</DISTTYPE>
        <ACTNUMST>560-4081-00001</ACTNUMST>
        <CRDTAMNT>135.38</CRDTAMNT>
        <CUSTNMBR>0000001</CUSTNMBR>
      </taSopDistribution>
    </taSopDistribution_Items>
    <taSopMultiBin_Items xsi:nil="true" />
    <taSopHdrIvcInsert>
      <SOPTYPE>3</SOPTYPE>
      <DOCID>STDINV</DOCID>
      <SOPNUMBE>XXX000000001</SOPNUMBE>
      <DOCDATE>8/12/2002</DOCDATE>
      <CUSTNMBR>0000001</CUSTNMBR>
      <SUBTOTAL>67.69</SUBTOTAL>
      <DOCAMNT>67.69</DOCAMNT>
      <BACHNUMB>SP-TEST</BACHNUMB>
      <CREATEDIST>0</CREATEDIST>
      <INVODATE>8/12/2002</INVODATE>
    </taSopHdrIvcInsert>
    <taSopToPopLink xsi:nil="true" />
    <taSopUpdateCreateProcessHold xsi:nil="true" />
    <taCreateSOPTrackingInfo xsi:nil="true" />
    <taMdaUpdate_Items xsi:nil="true" />
  </SOPTransactionType>
</eConnect>

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Ron,
>
> What is the transaction type you're importing in?  The SOP10102 table only
> stores distributions for Invoices, Fulfillment Orders and Returns....
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports
> http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html
> blog: www.victoriayudin.com
>

> "Ron Ruble" <RonRuble@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We use eConnect to send SOP transactions with a custom distribution. The
> > distribution can involve transferring some funds from a reserve account,
> > so
> > the distribution can be split, one debit and credit to transfer funds from
> > the reserve account, and the second debit and credit to different
> > accounts,
> > to biill for the remainder. All works fine, and the distributions are
> > correct
> > in the Sales Transaction Distributions window.
> >
> > But we'd like to report off of the tables, and I can only see the one
> > distribution in the SOP10102 table. The second amount and account pair for
> > the reserve amount, which shows correctly in the interface, doesn't seem
> > be in the table.
> >
> > With multiple distributions on an invoice, where the heck is the second
> > distribution stored?

0
RonRuble (7)
2/5/2009 4:12:21 PM
Ron, this all looks correct to me....you're saying this is resulting in only
1 row in the SOP10102 table?  Or two rows?  But not all 4?  Which
distribution(s) make(s) it to the SOP10102 table?  I can't really understand
how you would be seeing something on the screen and not have it in the
table....there is no other place the distributions would be stored that I am
aware of.

Is it possible this is only happening with rows that have negative unit
prices?  If so, just as a test, what happens if you change it to a negative
quantity and a positive unit price?

--

> [...]
>> > account,
>> > so
>> > the distribution can be split, one debit and credit to transfer funds
>> > from
>> > the reserve account, and the second debit and credit to different
>> > accounts,
>> > to biill for the remainder. All works fine, and the distributions are
>> > correct
>> > in the Sales Transaction Distributions window.
>> >
>> > But we'd like to report off of the tables, and I can only see the one
>> > distribution in the SOP10102 table. The second amount and account pair
>> > for
>> > the reserve amount, which shows correctly in the interface, doesn't
>> > seem
>> > be in the table.
>> >
>> > With multiple distributions on an invoice, where the heck is the second

0
victoria (3340)
2/5/2009 4:40:34 PM
Two rows, a debit line and a credit line, for each of the two accounts for
the positive invoice amount. The other two distribution lines do not appear
in the table.

And all the distibution data shows up in the interface.

> Is it possible this is only happening with rows that have negative unit
> prices?  If so, just as a test, what happens if you change it to a negative
> quantity and a positive unit price?

I'll have to build a test shema manually and send it in. Our application
always generates a unit of 1, and the distributions are calculated in a
separate transaction database.

I'll dummy up a schema and try it in our test environment.

Either way, though, 2 distribution entries are in the interface that aren't
in the SOP 10102 table. They have to be someplace to show in the interface....

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> [...]
> >      <DOCID>STDINV</DOCID>
> >      <SOPNUMBE>XXX000000001</SOPNUMBE>
> >      <DOCDATE>8/12/2002</DOCDATE>
> >      <CUSTNMBR>0000001</CUSTNMBR>
> >      <SUBTOTAL>67.69</SUBTOTAL>
> >      <DOCAMNT>67.69</DOCAMNT>
> >      <BACHNUMB>SP-TEST</BACHNUMB>
> >      <CREATEDIST>0</CREATEDIST>
> >      <INVODATE>8/12/2002</INVODATE>
> >    </taSopHdrIvcInsert>
> >    <taSopToPopLink xsi:nil="true" />
> >    <taSopUpdateCreateProcessHold xsi:nil="true" />
> >    <taCreateSOPTrackingInfo xsi:nil="true" />
> >    <taMdaUpdate_Items xsi:nil="true" />
> >  </SOPTransactionType>
> > </eConnect>
> >

> > "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Ron,
> >>
> >> What is the transaction type you're importing in?  The SOP10102 table
> >> only
> >> stores distributions for Invoices, Fulfillment Orders and Returns....

0
RonRuble (7)
2/5/2009 6:51:30 PM
Oh, a follow-up. The question of identifying the location of the data is not
academic; the users wnt to report aging on the SOP transactions and have
been unable to identify all the required information. Any advice appreciated.

"Ron Ruble" wrote:

> We use eConnect to send SOP transactions with a custom distribution. The
> distribution can involve transferring some funds from a reserve account, so
> the distribution can be split, one debit and credit to transfer funds from
> the reserve account, and the second debit and credit to different accounts,
> to biill for the remainder. All works fine, and the distributions are correct
> in the Sales Transaction Distributions window.
>
> But we'd like to report off of the tables, and I can only see the one
> distribution in the SOP10102 table. The second amount and account pair for
> the reserve amount, which shows correctly in the interface, doesn't seem to
> be in the table.
>
> With multiple distributions on an invoice, where the heck is the second
> distribution stored?

0
RonRuble (7)
2/5/2009 7:41:18 PM
Sunnovagun! It worked! I still can't figure where it was storing them before,
but it looks like using a negative quantity works.

Now I need to get with my boss and figure out if we can use this workaround...

I'd still like to know where it's storing them otherwise

"Ron Ruble" wrote:

> [...]
> > >        <SOPNUMBE>XXX000000001</SOPNUMBE>
> > >        <DISTTYPE>1</DISTTYPE>
> > >        <ACTNUMST>560-4081-00001</ACTNUMST>
> > >        <CRDTAMNT>135.38</CRDTAMNT>
> > >        <CUSTNMBR>0000001</CUSTNMBR>
> > >      </taSopDistribution>
> > >    </taSopDistribution_Items>
> > >    <taSopMultiBin_Items xsi:nil="true" />
> > >    <taSopHdrIvcInsert>
> > >      <SOPTYPE>3</SOPTYPE>
> > >      <DOCID>STDINV</DOCID>
> > >      <SOPNUMBE>XXX000000001</SOPNUMBE>
> > >      <DOCDATE>8/12/2002</DOCDATE>
> > >      <CUSTNMBR>0000001</CUSTNMBR>
> > >      <SUBTOTAL>67.69</SUBTOTAL>
> > >      <DOCAMNT>67.69</DOCAMNT>
> > >      <BACHNUMB>SP-TEST</BACHNUMB>
> > >      <CREATEDIST>0</CREATEDIST>
> > >      <INVODATE>8/12/2002</INVODATE>
> > >    </taSopHdrIvcInsert>
> > >    <taSopToPopLink xsi:nil="true" />
> > >    <taSopUpdateCreateProcessHold xsi:nil="true" />
> > >    <taCreateSOPTrackingInfo xsi:nil="true" />

0
RonRuble (7)
2/5/2009 7:41:41 PM
Ron,

The only other place I can think of that would store information used for GL
distributions of SOP transactions is SOP10200 - each line item will have a
number of account indexes stored and that's what will be used to generate
the distributions as needed.  However, my understanding was that for
Invoices, Returns and Fulfillment Orders the actual distributions will be
stored in SOP10102.

--

> Sunnovagun! It worked! I still can't figure where it was storing them
> before,
> but it looks like using a negative quantity works.
>
> Now I need to get with my boss and figure out if we can use this
> workaround...
>
> I'd still like to know where it's storing them otherwise
>
> "Ron Ruble" wrote:
>
>> Two rows, a debit line and a credit line, for each of the two accounts
>> for
>> the positive invoice amount. The other two distribution lines do not
>> appear
>> in the table.
>>
>> And all the distibution data shows up in the interface.
>>
>> > Is it possible this is only happening with rows that have negative unit
>> > prices?  If so, just as a test, what happens if you change it to a
>> > negative
>> > quantity and a positive unit price?
>>
>> I'll have to build a test shema manually and send it in. Our application
>> always generates a unit of 1, and the distributions are calculated in a
>> separate transaction database.
>>
>> I'll dummy up a schema and try it in our test environment.
>>
>> Either way, though, 2 distribution entries are in the interface that
>> aren't
>> in the SOP 10102 table. They have to be someplace to show in the
>> interface....
>>
>> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>>
>> > Ron, this all looks correct to me....you're saying this is resulting in
>> > only
>> > 1 row in the SOP10102 table?  Or two rows?  But not all 4?  Which
>> > distribution(s) make(s) it to the SOP10102 table?  I can't really
>> > understand
>> > how you would be seeing something on the screen and not have it in the
>> > table....there is no other place the distributions would be stored that
>> > I am
>> > aware of.
>> >
>> > Is it possible this is only happening with rows that have negative unit
>> > prices?  If so, just as a test, what happens if you change it to a
>> > negative
>> > quantity and a positive unit price?
>> >
>> > --
>> > Victoria Yudin
>> > Dynamics GP MVP
>> > Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports
>> > http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html
>> > blog: www.victoriayudin.com
>> >

>> > "Ron Ruble" <RonRuble@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
victoria (3340)
2/6/2009 11:30:22 AM
Thanks for your help; this actually falls under "user error" The data is
where it's supposed to be.

It throws things off when you aren't connected to the right database.... ;>

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Ron,
>
> The only other place I can think of that would store information used for GL
> distributions of SOP transactions is SOP10200 - each line item will have a
> number of account indexes stored and that's what will be used to generate
> the distributions as needed.  However, my understanding was that for
> Invoices, Returns and Fulfillment Orders the actual distributions will be
> stored in SOP10102.

0
RonRuble (7)
2/9/2009 3:54:03 PM
Ouch....thanks for the update!  :-)

--

> Thanks for your help; this actually falls under "user error" The data is
> where it's supposed to be.
>
> It throws things off when you aren't connected to the right database....
> ;>
>

> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Ron,
>>
>> The only other place I can think of that would store information used for
>> GL
>> distributions of SOP transactions is SOP10200 - each line item will have
>> number of account indexes stored and that's what will be used to generate
>> the distributions as needed.  However, my understanding was that for
>> Invoices, Returns and Fulfillment Orders the actual distributions will be
>> stored in SOP10102.

0
victoria (3340)

SOP Returns: how to void correct?
I'm looking for step-by-step instructions on how to void a Sales return document in GP correctly please. I'm currently using GPv8 (but this shouldn't matter). I've create and posted a sales return document in SOP. Now, I discover its incorrectly so I want to void the document. I dont want to apply the document against any other SOP documents - I just want to get rid of it. How do I go about this correctly so that the SOP document in Inquiry (Inquiry > Sales > Sales documents) is updated to be a voided document? In which table does this updated informatio...

PM HATB by Distribution
I am trying to create a query for PM HATB by distribution and i am having problems with Credit card transactions since it does not create a distribution. Is there a way to link the Credit card invoice to the payment made by credit card? Gerald ...

How to know # of address in Distribution List
Hi.. 1) My ISP doesn't allow more than 50 email address, so I make each distribution lists of 50 addresses. In Outlook Express it shows how many email addresses in a group, but whereas in Outlook it doesn't show. Is there a way to know how many address in each Distribution List. 2) Can I do some VBA scripting to show each address a serial number in the Distribution List. I would appreciate your tips & tricks about Distribution Lists. Thanks Wael >-----Original Message----- >Hi.. > >1) My ISP doesn't allow more than 50 email address, so I make each >distr...

Macro Button Question
Heya All, I am trying to insert and delete rows using macros. Ive assigned the Macro to a button, but would like to be able to insert (and delete) exactly where the button is on the worksheet, no matter where the activecell is.. So, I guess my question is, is it possible to get the cell reference behind a graphic button? Or, even better, assign a macro to a cell? ta, Maria Maria There are "insert row" and "insert column" buttons available from Tools>Customize>Commands>Insert Also "delete row" and "delete column" buttons available from To...

IM SOP (Invoice) Document Number
I am bringing invoice information from another system into GP via integration manager. all works well with the exception of the Document Number/Invoice Number; I am using default; which creates a new number for each invoice item. does anyone have a vbscript that can be used to get the next invoice number for a client and use that number for all items coming in for that client during the integration. there would be multiple invoice items per client and multiple clients per integration. can anyone point me in the right direction or have a script(s) to handle this. thanks Do you have eCo...

Rename Multiple Tables at once
I have an Access 2007 database that has a lot of linked tables and I want to 'batch' rename them. For example, they all start with "dbo_" and I want to rename all of them to "PM_". How can I make that happen? I've been searching and cannot find a solution. Any help that anyone can provide is greatly appreciated. Dim dbCurr As DAO.Database Dim tdfCurr As DAO.TableDef Set dbCurr = CurrentDb() For Each tdfCurr In dbCurr.TableDefs If Left(tdfCurr.Name, 4) = "dbo_" Then tdfCurr.Name = "PM_" & Mid(tdfCurr.Name, 5)...

Table Design Issue
I have a database the has a Parts Table and a Vendors Table. what needs to happen is i need a form that will allow someon to view all the information about that parts itself and the vendors that supply the part but every part is available by all 5 vendors for different cost, and i need to construct tables that when part information is undated or deleted it will reflect across the board and on the form itself be able to see the vendor name and the part information for that vendor. what type of relationships will be involved here Answered in tablesdbdesign. ...

Report filter question
Hi, I've done filters many times before, but something is not right and I can not see it. My report is running of a query which has NO selection criteria in it. It is just a logical view of a table. I have the following code in my report (it is hard coded only because I'm trying to debug the code": Me.Filter = "(((tblMailingList.MemType)='MT-S'))" Me.FilterOn = True I know that the filter code is correct because I went into design query and put MT-S for the Criteria in the field MemType and view the resulting SQL cod...

Pivot Tables #32
Hi - I have got to learn fast how to make pivot tables from a database in Excel 2003. I know how to set up the database, however I just don't seem to grasp the logic or procedure to set up the table. Is there somewhere on the web that I can go do get almost a step by step explanations and examples to make them clearer? Thank You There are instructions and links for pivot tables on Jon Peltier's site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm sue t wrote: > Hi - I have got to learn fast how to make pivot tables > from a database in Excel 2003. I know how ...

Pivot Table Report: Getting average of difference of two date columns
Hello I have data in excel sheet as: WORK_ID PROJECT START_DT END_DT 1001 P1 1/1/2006 1/10/2006 1002 P1 1/25/2006 2/20/2006 1003 P1 3/15/2006 3/20/2006 I want to have a report that will give me average time taken to finish a work in a project. That is, I have to take average of (end_dt - start_dt) for a project group. How do I do this in a pivot table report. When I use a calculate field to get the days worked for a work_id using DATEDIF(START_DT, END_DT, "D") then excel computes only sum on that (pivot table report ...

Pivot Tables #16
What are the point of Pivot Tables? I was asked about it at work, and I have no idea what they are and how useful they are? Very useful, you could have a look here to make a start, http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-pivot-tables.htm Regards, Alan. "Jason Woolsey" <jasonmwoolsey@me.com> wrote in message news:72F80D21-15FD-4B00-B934-FE2A46EACC3B@microsoft.com... > What are the point of Pivot Tables? I was asked about it at work, and I > have no idea what they are and how useful they are? Hi Jason They are the hidden gem in Excel. A fantastically easy way of ana...

m_strFilter and multiple tables.
Hi, Can I specify a table list in a m_strFilter statement? ie: How do I accomplish the following using m_strFilter: SELECT * FROM RS1,RS2 WHERE RS1.DOCN = RS2.DOCN Thanks. ...

hwnd question
hwnd hA was created in process A hwnd hB was created in process B Q: is it legal for A to parent B ? Yes it is legal. But keep in mind these points. One thing to remember is that the child window sends message back to it parent. When your child window sends a message to it's parent window, the thread that the child window is in will block until the message is processed by the parent in a different thread. And be careful to destroy the thread with the child window before you destroy the parent window! Ali R. "anon" <someone@internet.com> wrote in message news:Oz3%23...

Editing Table of Authorities Categories
Heres a good one to chew on... There are occasions when we want to separate out the Statutes category into two separate categories, "federal statutes" and "state statutes", because Word doesn't recognize that federal statutes must appear before state statutes, and we don't want to run the risk of manually moving the federal up before the state and then updating the table of authorities and forgetting to do the manual work again. Here's my issue: I have macro that reassigns categories 2 through 8, essentially renaming Statutes and Other Authoriti...

How To Align Decimals In A PP 2007 Table
I have financial data with one decimal point where I want to align to the decimal point in a PowerPoint table. How do I select the full column and align to the decimals? Thanks! (B^>)-]=[ You can't. I've asked for this feature ever since about PowerPoint 2000, but it's still not there. Frustrating. You have to do this individually in each cell. Basically, choose the decimal tab option to the left of the ruler, then add a tab (Ctrl+Tab) before the text in each cell as necessary. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT ...

Using Min to Calculate across a table
I am attempting to massage data so I can see what the maximum number of pieces I can produce based off of various components. My query to figure out how many of each component is available per unit is complete and the output is: Part_Number, MaxComponent1, MaxComponent2,MaxComponent3, MaxComponent4 Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could find the MIN of the components and group by part number? Cheers See the MinOfList() function here: http://allenbrowne.com/func-09.html A better solution would be to create a related table with many records for the combinations that are va...

Several questions
I all of a sudden am using Excel again, this time Excel 7 and forgot how to do some things. 1.) How can I expand a page to fill the printer print area? 2.) How can I print all the worksheets on a single document? 3.) Or page 1 of each worksheet? TIA, GWB 1) You cannot expand a print area to fill a paper page. You can shrink it to fit a specified number of pages. Open Page Layout tab and launch (click on the arrow) the Scale to Fit group. 2) Office button (colourful ball) / Print / Print and in the Print What area (lower left corner of dialog)check the Entire Workbook box. 3) Off...

Entering the same value into two table fields at the same time
Say that there is a table which has 2 fields (A, B) There is a form [Form1] (data entry type) to enter data for A by `TextBoxA`. There is also one more `TextBoxB` which is Not Visible. My target is to record the value of (entered thtough `TextBoxA`) into B field of the table as well. So I write down a code "Before Insert" of the Form1 that: " Form_Form1.TextBoxB = Form_Form1.TextBoxA " It is not recording A values into the field B... Where am I wrong? Can you help me please? Sory !!! When I write down the same code into `OnExit` of TextBoxA, it is working...!! yes, ...

KBV- vlookup question
In the vlookup formula, the range entered includes the columns that need to be searched for matching or similar values and the range also includes the column from which the corresponding value has to be returned. What if there are 2 or more columns within that range that match the lookup value? How does excel handle that? According to Help for Excel 2003, VLOOKUP "searches for a value in the first column of a table array." It only searches in that column for the lookup_value argument. -Ryan KBV wrote: > In the vlookup formula, the range entered includes the columns that ne...

Text Formula Question
In COL A, I have a list of 2 and 3 digit charactors. I would like to seperate each string into the three adjacent columns. KQ AJs TT 89s KQ K Q AJs A J s TT T T 89s 8 9 s I know that I can use the Left function for the first col, but cant figure out how to get just the middle or third letters. Thanks in advance, Andrew Check your last post! -- Regards, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! ------------------------------------------------...

Microsoft Word Table design in Access 2007
Is there a method for inserting a table (not an access table, but a word table with columns/rows/header, etc...) in a description field in a form or below the description field? I'm creating a database for development business rules and sometimes a business rule needs a table to explain or identify the heirarchy/relationship of items for the rule. I don't want this to link to anything else but the Business Rule ID that I am currently in. Thanks in advance! You could use a memo field but the data will not be separated by grid lines. You would need to add spacing and ...

Data Modeling:Lookup table and Main table:establishing relationshi
I am working on creating data model from existing database using MS Visio 2007 Profesional Edition. Existing database is w/o PK-FKs & I am working to create relational DB which enforces RI. I have a lookup table which contains language codes,used by main table. The problem ,I am running into, is that these languagecodes(from lookup table) are used by 3 columns in main table. So, I am wondering how can I enforce PK-FK relationship here. As in... language_code from lookup table is PK and it has to associated w/ column(s) existing in main table. Something like following: Lookup Table ...

Form feeding a table problem
I am a newer user of Access and inherited a database from a person no longer with the company. I am using a form to input invoice amounts into an invoice table. The form uses a parameter query to ask for invoice number. When the form opens, I have it pulling customer info from a customer table, which it displays on the form. I then enter more invoice info. When I look at the invoice table after I close the form, the info I typed (invoice update) is there, but the customer info that is automatically pulled doesn't load from the customer table to the invoice table. How can I g...

How do I put a landscape table into a portrait report
I am writing a report in portait and want to place a table that is in landscape into the report. . . how do I do this? Thanks, See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/LandscapeSection.htm. Although the stated purpose of this article is to explain how to put a portrait page number (or header/footer) on a landscape page, it does start by explaining how to create the required landscape section for your table. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Gwen" <Gwen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

CSplitterWnd questions,
When my program starts, only one view of the four splitter window shows. I have to manually drag the bars to induce the other 3. My question is: how do I readjust the size of each splitter window in code? Also, what method do I use to get a HWND (or CWnd) to each subdivided window? vsgdp wrote: > When my program starts, only one view of the four splitter window shows. I > have to manually drag the bars to induce the other 3. My question is: how > do I readjust the size of each splitter window in code? Also, what method > do I use to get a HWND (or CWnd) to each subdi...