Snaptshot tool - different account frameworks

I have a version 8.00 database that I need to transfer to a Great Plains
installation with a different account framework.  I have exported the data in
groups: Base tables, Financial, Purchasing, Third Party.  When I try to
import the tables I am getting errors on the GL_Account_SUM_MSTR and
GL_Account_Index_MSTR tables:
"An open operation on table GL_Account_SUM_MSTR has an incorrect number of
keys."  Followed by "Illegal address for field GL_Account_SUM_MSTR in script
'SS_Table_Import'".

I created a new export that includes the base configuration tables for
Company as well as all GL tables.  I still get the error.  I can import the
base configuration tables and it correctly changes the account format for the
company, but I can't seem to import the GL accounts and data.

What am I missing?  Thanks for your help!

Sorry, I put it in the subject, but didn't mention in the message that I am
using the Snapshot tool for version 8.

Problem with excluding an account from budget
I want to see my credit card payments (i.e., transfers to a credit accounts) as an expenses in Money reports. I know that I should exclude credit accounts from budget to achieve it, but it's impossible: - I'm going to Account Settings, and "Include this account in the budget planner" option is set - Trying to clear this option simply does nothing - it's still set and doesn't change. Is it possible that I've forgot something else to do before excluding an account from budget? If that's really your goal, the only sane way is to track them that way from t...

Seperate Inbox's for different account
Hi I have three email accounts set up in Microsoft Outlook 2007, but how can I have three different inboxes (i.e. one for each account) rather than all messages going into the one inbox? Any help would be much appreciated. Regards, Bradley Thomas. Unless they are imap accounts, you need to use rules to move the messages to different folders. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter a...

Finding differences between two tables
Who can help me? I have 2 tables with mainly the same names. I want to find the names that are not in both list. I managed to do it the following way, but I think that it can be done easier. I did: Advances filter: as criterium range one of the 2 tables. With Edit - Go To - I highlighted the visible cells and coloured them. Removed the filter With Edit - Find - Format - I highlighted the noncoloured cells. Thanks Anne Here are two ways you can do that but I wouldn't say they are much easier than what you did. Put both lists on the same sheet in the same column, one under the other,...

set different attachemnt limit for internal and external message
Is it possible that we can set different attachement limit for internal messages sent or received inside organization than external messages that you sent or received by the external party? Pease let me know and I really want to limit the inside users's attachemnt size when they send large attachemnts to the internal users. If I did limit on the global settings or on user account, then that wil limit the user to send or receive large attachemnt from external organization as well. Thanks, Peter On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 13:06:04 -0800, "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.c...

Deleting Contacts and Accounts
We had the capability to delete Contacts and Accounts. Since last week we have only been able to de-activate them. The CRM settings are the same for each of the roles. (They have deletion privileges). ...

renamed account
I have a user who had to be renamed (married). After the account is renamed everything works fine but if I use Outlook 2003 to send the user an email. When I put in their new name in the TO field - their old name shows up in <carrots> in the TO field behind the new name. I have tried creating a new outlook profile. This happens in my test lab and my production network. I have Exchange 2003 SP1. Any ideas? Create her a new SMTP address and make it the primary. Keep her old one for about a month so people can get used to the new one. Or simply just change the display name fo...

Difference between real number and a perfect fractions
In a nut shell I am looking to display the margin of error from a perfect fraction. So I can determine if a orbit is is too close to being in perfect resonance and hence unstable. 0.61518624 = Current real value = 1,922,457 / 3,125,000 0.615384615 = Exactly 8/13 two significant denominator digits. 0.032% <= difference express as a percentage. Anything in the denominator > 100 is statistical irrelevant how can i get an excel cell to do this automatically? "Matthew" <mkruer@gmail.com> wrote: > 0.61518624 = Current real value = 1,922,457 / 3,125,000 > ...

configuring exchange to accept maill from a different domain name...
We are setting up a subsidiary company having a completely differnt domain name. Once our new domain name is registered and our provider has created an MX record for this new domain, what needs to be configured on the Exchange server to accept email from this new domain? Thanks, Brad if Exchange 2000/2003, you need to create a recipient policy...see these: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/285136/en-us http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318072/en-us -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Brad Pears" <donotreply@notreal.com> wrote in message news:e21waZZWGHA.4212@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl.....

PO Return Distribution Accounts
Upgraded to GP 9.0 two months ago; have recently noticed that when doing a PO Return transaction (inventory w/credit) for an item that is in a Quantity Type = Returned, that the system will use our Inventory Offset account as the default "PURCH" distribution account; before the upgrade our Inventory Returns account was used. Is this an intended change or do we have a posting account setup issue? We have not made any changes to Posting Accounts, Class ID Accounts, etc. to my knowledge, this is the way it worked in prior versions (8, 7.5). It the PO return transaction takes...

opening .dat Accounts Receivable file in Great Plains for DOS
Hi There: We are trying to retrieve some information from a posted accounts receivable report... We think its in a .dat file but have no way of opening... This anyone know if this is possible... Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Sincerely, Carmine Carmine, Can you be a little more specific? What version of GP, what report, what information? Victoria "Carmine" <Carmine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:839CC67C-A4C7-4584-8119-C40F74960573@microsoft.com... Hi There: We are trying to retrieve some information from a posted accounts ...

Stop getting spam from different address
Hello, I have Outlook 2003 and I am wondering "How can I stop getting other peoples e-mail address" I received e-mail address that does not belong to me for example info@comcast.net or other strange address. Is there a way to stop that using Outlook 2003 filters. If so how do I do it. Or do I need to buy a program that stops that? All I want is to received my e-mail using only my e-mail address. Any advice will be appreciate.Thank you. You can either set your Junk E-mail Filter to a higher level or configure a rule to move all messages that are not send to you direct...

csv-file problems with different regions
I have imported an American csv-file into a German Excel XP. The American $-values are separated by a "." while the German currency values are separated by a ",". So now my spreadsheet reads a value of $ 18.01 as 18. January. All values above 18.12 are ok. How can I avoid this problem? Or, can I change the values tediously one cell after the other? I have not found a way yet as even when I try to format a cell user defined it automatically changes to the format used in the German region. Thanks. Hans Temporarily change the regional settings on your computer to the same f...

I need a Macro that will open workbooks and run a different Macro.
Hello, Is there a way for a macro to open all workbooks in a folder and then run another macro? I have the 'other macro' written already, I just need a macro that will open 200 spreadsheets - (they are not in the same folder but I can move them if needed, they are in the same directory) - , one at a time, then run my macro, then save each spreadsheet. I've asked a similar question of this forum (specifically dealing with txt files - thank you Jim Cone.) and I've tried to modify that Macro so it will open *.xls files but I can get it to work. Any help with this will...

Money 2006 and adding new bank accounts
I just loaded Money Deluxe 2006 and when I try to add a bank account for the Hudson Valley Credit Union, Money links me to the MSN Billpay website instead of asking to provide the sign-in information for the Credit Union. Also, the same thing happens when I try to add an account for Visions Federal Credit Union as well. HELP Thanks much ...

Outlook 2007 (Trial) Tools->Options and Tools>Customize disabled
Hi, I've just installed Outlook 2007 (Trial) (12.0.4518.1014) onto a fresh Vista Home Premium Platform. The install went fine, but when I accessed the Tools menu, I found the "Customize" and "Options" menu items to be disabled. I still have 2 weeks before my trial license expires. Is this a restrictions on the trial version? Thanks, Randy Trial versions of all Office programs are full versions limited only to = the 30 or 60 day trial limit. Have you tried running Office Diagnostics on your Office installation? = Where in Outlook are you seeing these items...

Excel 2007
On Windows XP SP2 using Excel 2007 I am unable to print from the Open file dialogue. Here is what I am doing: Clicking Open from the Office button Navigating to the file I would to Print Highlighting the document Selecting Print from the Tools menu in the lower left hand corner of the dialogue box The error message I receive states: Cannot print file. It then gives a series of possible reasons, none of which apply because I can print the document if I open it first and then print it normally. Also, I can use the above sequence to print the document if the document is already open. This ser...

Deleting Accounts on Exchange 5.5
I would like to know how to delete accounts on exchange 5.5 with a NT domain in an automatically way. http://www.winnetmag.com/Article/ArticleID/39508/39508.html On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 15:24:25 -0700, Ana Mar´┐Ża Pacheco <ana_pacheco@provincial.com> wrote: >I would like to know how to delete accounts on exchange >5.5 with a NT domain in an automatically way. ...

Help Problems with Outlook tool bar buttons
I'm hoping someone can offer advice on problems that I'm experiencing with Outlook 2003 toolbar buttons. Toolbar buttons usually work fine when I first open Outlook, but after I use a particular button once, it no longer works. For example, I can create a task, then assign the task. the next time I create a task, the assign button no longer works. I have to re-boot outlook to get the button to work again - then it only works once, etc, etc. This is also true of many other (but not all ) Outlook buttons, like "Save and Close", "Recurrence", and others. On...

Custom GL Account Categories
I have added several custom GL account categories. KB Article 872098 says that I should be able to add those account categories to my Financial statements, but I don't have a "menu bar" that includes the "Definition|Column" in the Advanced Financial Layout window. What am I missing? I don't own Frx or Crystal. Will I be able to add my custom categories without a more advanced report writer? What version of gp are you on? We are on 8.0 and after adding a custom account category I can go to the Advanced Financial Layout Window, select a row, change the type ...

Problems connecting to accounts
I am having problems downloading from most of my accounts. Some work but most do not, there is nothing I can do about this, is there? ...

how do i configure outlook to use my aol email account
jonbon wrote: <nothing> PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject Have a look here: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm the answer: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/online.htm which Google would have told you with 6.5 million hits in 0.43 secs. http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/online.htm#aol -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-t...

I Need a list of tools, for Software Configuration Management tool
Please help I Need a list of tools, for Software Configuration Management tools for change control of software changes, etc. is any one have any idiea what Tool that work best for Software Configuration Management then We can use for our Dept. Please help On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 05:14:00 -0800, IVT <IVT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: We are using Microsoft Visual SourceSafe which comes with Visual Studio. It's not great but good enough we don't feel the urge to invest in PVCS or others. -Tom. >Please help I Need a list of tools, for Software Configuration Management &g...

automation, choose e-mail account
Hi there, I am using automation in MS Access to send e-mails through outlook, this is working fine. The e-mails are send through the default e-mail account (there is several of them) Does anyone knows the code (VBA) to choose/select the account with which the e-mail will be sent? Thanks Philip ...

Difference B/w Cformview and Cdialog
Hi freinds I want to know difference between CFormview and Cdialog class.Both Classes make Dialog Box by generating. And pls suggest me which one is better to use. thanks sheikh "sheikh" <iceage2004@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:e575bc4f-dc31-42a3-8a0d-35398b6a32ea@u29g2000pro.googlegroups.com... > I want to know difference between CFormview and Cdialog class.Both > Classes make Dialog Box by generating. > And pls suggest me which one is better to use. CDialog just manages a dialog-box, instead CFormView is an element of the document-view architecture...

Insufficient permission to create an account
Hello there! We recently migrated from 1.2 to 3.0 Now, all users that do not have the role System Administrator (all roles migrated automatically) cannot create an Account even though they could at the previous installation. Any help? Regards, Elena ...