SmartList Security for New SmartLists

I'm having a problem with version 9 SmartList Security.

I create a SmartList and then open SmartList and let it add the new object.

I go to Advanced Security and the SmartList is marked automatically but
nobody that is marked for it can see it. I have to unmark and remark the
checkbox.

Is there a setup issue or a software issue?
--
Charles Allen, MVP

0
callen (2505)

Hi Charles,

I have you gone into Smart list Security.  I have found that even though the
New Smartlist object is checked in Advanced Security, it will not be checked
in the Smart List Security.

I believe that this has been written up as a bug report.

Thanks
Don Craig

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> I'm having a problem with version 9 SmartList Security.
>
> I create a SmartList and then open SmartList and let it add the new object.
>
> I go to Advanced Security and the SmartList is marked automatically but
> nobody that is marked for it can see it. I have to unmark and remark the
> checkbox.
>
> Is there a setup issue or a software issue?
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP

0
don.craig (55)

new stationary
Hi, I am trying to use a Word file as stationary for messages. I have saved the IMAGE.DOC file as an HTML, however when I save the file in Outlook as stationary, the image is blank. Your help is appreciated. r, g You usually create stationary in Outlook Express then make it available to Outlook. another alternative is to create in outlook the save as a template and use that template as needed. "Steve Blair" <sportman_6663@yahoo.ca> wrote in message news:tSFmf.5311$PX2.454665@news20.bellglobal.com... > Hi, > > I am trying to use a Word file as stationary for m...

New House
Hello, I am am trying out my new laptop and wireless connection, which kieran has set up for us. Hope the move goes well, please send us the address once you have moved, with the new phone number. This laptop has got skype so we could talk to one another (so i am told by kieran). Perhaps you could get it too. best wishes MUM. XXOO Mum? Ha! Ha! This message should definitely not be here! Do you realise you have sent this to a public forum board on www.microsoft.com? Very funny ...

Establishing a new search engine
Hi, How do I establish a new search engine when the engine in question is not listed in the suggested engines? Thanks "species8350" <not_here.5.species8350@xoxy.net> wrote in message news:3417e5b5-a475-47f5-b8a0-56fa7efa203d@k41g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > How do I establish a new search engine when the engine in question is > not listed in the suggested engines? Some possible helpful links: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc848862(VS.85).aspx http://www.enhanceie.com/IE/SearchBuilder.asp http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wi...

Copying already made slides to a new presenation
Hello - I am often take presentations that were already made at a previous time and add slides in it to a new presentation. However when I copy the slides and then paste them into the new presenation it changes all the formats, such as font size and style. Is there a way to copy and paste with out this happening to my slides? Thank you Hi Kris When you copy the slides across you should get a little clipboard in the corner of the slide - select this and then 'keep source formatting'. Alternatively, use 're-use slide' and again tick 'keep source formatting&...

i am new to outlook.
dt46dt46dt46 <dt46dt46dt46@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: How nice for you. -- Brian Tillman ...

Security Help
I had a database with Access's security features enabled. The "security" file was damaged and in fact deleted. Is there any way to get into the database? Thanks On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 11:16:03 -0700, DDrowe <DDrowe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I had a database with Access's security features enabled. The "security" >file was damaged and in fact deleted. > >Is there any way to get into the database? > >Thanks Get the Microsoft Access 2000 Security FAQ: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/207793/en-us There are some settings that you w...

SP1 Security Configirator
Hi all - I updated my Windows 2003 Server/Exchange 2003 Server with Windows 2003 SP1. I ran the Windows Security Configiration Wizard and once applied, OUTLOOK 2003 was not able to connect (With in the LAN) with the Exchange Server. What do I need to do/configure inorder to take advantage of the WSC features yet still allow Outlook to connect. Thanks - Sean "SeanD" <smd6169@hotmail.com> wrote in news:OUVFSHafFHA.1444@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl: > I updated my Windows 2003 Server/Exchange 2003 Server with Windows > 2003 SP1. I ran the Windows Security Configiration W...

How do I add a new domain to my exchange server?
How do I add a new domain to my exchange server? I have been browsing the menues to find where the domains from which I receive mail is set up - without any luck. Thanks in advance, Henning Have a look at the Recipient Policy. You can configure the environment to be responsible for a new domain using Recipient Policy. Then you can use SMTP address to address the user. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples (if any) are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm * Please d...

e-mail security settings via custom form not being applied
I have two domains and two networks that are trusted and for all intents and purposes allow for seemless traffic flow. I can logon to domain 1 when on domain 2's network/subnet and vica-versa, etc. The one caveat presently being experienced is the ability to send email from a problem ticket tracking system when connected to domain 2, logged onto domain 2, but using an exchange account on domain 1. I get prompted to authenticate to access the mailbox which is expected and can send messages, but the Outlook Security Settings public form settings are not being applied - I get the tw...

make the default RMA Smartlist objects more informative
Someone could have spent a little more time to make the default RMA Smartlist objects more informative as the 2 objects contain largely the same information but the default RMA lines object leaves out some key information like quantity, item description, reason codes, etc (suggestion #3 - differentiate the objects and make the RMA lines object more informative). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see th...

New line character
Hi , I have a table with data over 1 lak records . Few of these records have New line characters appended to them. Is there any way to remove this new line character? Thanks in advance Rohit -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Hi Rohit, Use an update query with a criterion like this, where XXX is the name of the field. Right([XXX], 2) = Chr(13) & Chr(10) and an Update To expression like this Left([XXX], Len([XXX]) - 2) In SQL view it's something like UPDATE MyTable SET XXX = Left([XXX], Len([XXX]) - 2) WHERE Right([XXX], 2) = Chr(13) & Chr(10) ...

Open new window, auto pastes old e-mail
Yesterday my Outlook 2000 began inserting/pasting a copy of an e-mail I sent, earlier in the day,on the screen of every 'new' e-mail I tried to send. When clicking on the new mail icon, it opens to not a blank screen, but begins with a copy of this previously sent e-mail. Do I need to change a template, style??? Please advise. Regards ...

New funny recruitment video for Microsoft..
http://dropkickmonkey.com/2007/12/18/a-good-microsoft-recruitment-video-mindscape-a-new-viral-ad/ ...

New Inbox?
Outlook seems to have suddenly created a new inbox in a folder called archive and started putting my new mail in that rather than in the inbox in my personal folder. How do I switch it back? Trevor <trevor@nospam.woldsweather.plus.com> wrote: > Outlook seems to have suddenly created a new inbox in a folder called > archive and started putting my new mail in that rather than in the > inbox in my personal folder. How do I switch it back? Outlook version? -- Brian Tillman sorry, yes , Outlook 2000. I have on the left a folder called archive folder with calendar,contacts...

The second most important of all bridal accessories is the lingerie. Whether you are going on a honeymoon or staying in your new home, you are going to want some lingerie as for your bridal accessor
The second most important of all bridal accessories is the lingerie. Whether you are going on a honeymoon or staying in your new home, you are going to want some lingerie as for your bridal accessories. The wedding is dome the reception is over and now you want to relax and be alone for the first time in days. You will want something special to wear. Whether it is a short teddy or a long gown, you will want something that looks elegant and sexy. You can visit retail shops or some bridal shops also carry some beautiful lingerie to include with your bridal accessories. please check it our site$...

Security Roles for Custom Functionality
I have a peice that was added to CRM that is completely custom - I need to be able to limit access to this peice through custom CRM security roles. Is there a way to setup custom security roles for peices that are not part of the original core CRM product? Thanks there is no way to add custom applications to the MSCRM security model, you need to handle that on your own. Brett "Bryan" wrote: > I have a peice that was added to CRM that is completely custom - I need to be > able to limit access to this peice through custom CRM security roles. Is > there a way to setu...

Smartlist Builder 9.0
I give up!! Where exactly can I get the software from to install it?? Its not on the v9.0 CD, I cannot find it on Partnersource or on MSDN. We have the reg keys and have installed these but no code. Help!! Mike Mike, SmartList Builder is part of the core install for GP 9.0...if you didn't install it when you originally installed GP 9.0, you can add it using Add/Remove Features from the installation CD. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP "Mike Kolling" <mfro93@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message news:voidndjv1d_Cdn_ZRVnygw@pipex.net... >I give up!! > > W...

Adding New Cell Formats
I have added a few custom Cell formats to the list given with Excel. #,##0 etc. I have adde 0) and (0) etc. Is there a formula I can write to enter feet and inches so I don't have to use ' & " everytime I enter. I have to type 1'-2". Is there a way I can format the cell so I just have to enter 1-2 or something short like that? thanks dpal ...

Times New Roman Bold in Word for Windows not showing up correctly in Word for Mac
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I created a Word document in Word 2007 on Windows XP. The document has certain text formatted as &quot;Times New Roman&quot; with bold (I'll refer to this text as the &quot;Test Text&quot;). The font dialog box shows the font type for the Test Text as &quot;Times New Roman&quot; and the &quot;bold&quot; option is selected. <br><br>I emailed that document to my Mac OS X and opened it with Word 2008 on my Mac. The document formatting for the document as a whole look...

Design object opening in new doc depite choosing current doc opti
When trying to insert Design Gallery Object (advertisment) into current project, the advertisment keeps inserting into a completely new project, despite me having selected to insert in current project. Steps taken: Insert - Design Gallery Object - Advertisment (I choose object) - Insert Obect, but it opens in NEW DOCUMENT. Not sure if there is some setting within Publisher I need to change to fix this problem. Could someone please help. Thank you. I've tried everything I know to duplicate this, I cannot. Is Publisher a trial version? Are you using 2007? Put the Advertisement into...

new mail, automatically email adres
Hello, I use outlook 2002, also 2003 on several pc's When i send new mail, automatically when i type the first letters of the recipient, the email adres is visible? Can i delete this list or put it off? Thank you, Uncheck the "Suggest names when completing the To, CC and BCC fields" box here: Tools menu > Options > Email > Advanced Email Options "wvdp" <wavdp@belgacom.net> wrote in message news:%23eAANoXqFHA.3524@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I use outlook 2002, also 2003 on several pc's > When i send new mail, automatica...

"Application has failed to start..." error message with VS2005 on new machine
VC++ MFC Project working absolutely fine on one machine Installed Visual Studio on a new portable and copied the project and all the settings over, done a complete rebuild which worked fine but now get an error message "The application has failed to start becuase the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem" Have tried reinsalling (but I dont think this is relevant as I am working with VStudio) the message pops up a couple of times but then the program runs OK Does anyone know what this means and how to find out what is missin...

How to set Page Layout View as default when composing new eMail message?
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2003 (German) with MS Office Word as my E-Mail Editor. When composing a new eMail message, default view is always "Normal". I would like it to be "Page Layout" (or "Print Layout" in some Word version, I guess). I tried serveral things, from changing different templates (email.dot, normal.dot, mail.oft) to changing the Form for messages. But I didn't find a way to change the view here, because it's in Outlook style, not Word. And I didn't find any setting in Word for it. How can I change the default View? And which templ...

New category?
Using Essentials 2007. Hi, How do I set up a new category? Cheers. You may not be able to. Maybe it isn't Essential. From your questions, I really think you might be happier with Deluxe. "mulhall" <mulhall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DED02D7B-CE9F-48D6-892E-8ED09390C644@microsoft.com... > Using Essentials 2007. > > How do I set up a new category? In microsoft.public.money, mulhall wrote: >Using Essentials 2007. > >Hi, > >How do I set up a new category? If it is like Deluxe and above, you would type in the name of your...