Smartlist Export to CSV

I've notice when I try to save a file as tab or comma delimited, it still
just comes out as a regular text file with no formatting.  Only thing I can
do is export to excel and then save to CSV.  Is there a problem with this in
GP 8?
0
DNelson (61)

Try exporting to Excel and then saving in whatever format you want.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer
MBS Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"Dnelson" wrote:

> I've notice when I try to save a file as tab or comma delimited, it still
> just comes out as a regular text file with no formatting.  Only thing I can
> do is export to excel and then save to CSV.  Is there a problem with this in
> GP 8?
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)
9/1/2005 11:26:02 PM
As I said in my first message, that works, my question is, shouldn't it work
from the smart list itself?  I mean why give you the option to save as a CSV
if it won't format it as a CSV?

"David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:

> Try exporting to Excel and then saving in whatever format you want.
>
> David Musgrave [MSFT]
> Senior Development Consultant
> Escalation Engineer
> MBS Support - Asia Pacific
>
> Microsoft Business Solutions
> http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions
>
> mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and
> not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> and confers no rights.
>

> "Dnelson" wrote:
>
> > I've notice when I try to save a file as tab or comma delimited, it still
> > just comes out as a regular text file with no formatting.  Only thing I can
> > do is export to excel and then save to CSV.  Is there a problem with this in
> > GP 8?
0
DNelson (61)
9/2/2005 4:22:01 PM
You are right that the Export option you have when you select the Print
button does not export cleanly to a delimited file. But, unfortunately, no
report in GP exports cleanly to a delimited file. Your best bet is to export
to Excel.

"Dnelson" wrote:

> As I said in my first message, that works, my question is, shouldn't it work
> from the smart list itself?  I mean why give you the option to save as a CSV
> if it won't format it as a CSV?
>

> "David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > Try exporting to Excel and then saving in whatever format you want.
> >
> > David Musgrave [MSFT]
> > Senior Development Consultant
> > Escalation Engineer
> > MBS Support - Asia Pacific
> >
> > Microsoft Business Solutions
> > http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions
> >
> > mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com
> >
> > Any views contained within are my personal views and
> > not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
> > and confers no rights.
> >

> > "Dnelson" wrote:
> >
> > > I've notice when I try to save a file as tab or comma delimited, it still
> > > just comes out as a regular text file with no formatting.  Only thing I can
> > > do is export to excel and then save to CSV.  Is there a problem with this in
> > > GP 8?
0
CharlesAllen (483)

Exporting the GAL to a csv
On Exchange 20003, in System Manager, if I right-click on the Default Global Address List and select "Export List", I am prompted for a location to save the file and I can select the file type to save as (txt or csv). Once I complete the export and open the csv file, the only entry in the file is "NAME". It looks like it is the header line, but only contains the name attribute and does not contain any of the contacts or users in the GAL I am currently running 1 Exchange 20003 and 1 Exchange 5.5 server in mixed mode. "Larry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.co...

Exporting Report Data
The 2003 Access version had a very handy ability to export data from the Report to MS Excel, and nicely lay out the columns, rows and data. MS in its infinite wisdom removed that feature in the 2007 version. I tried using xml export, but it does not provide the Report data. It actually pulls all data from the table being used for a report. Anyone have a possible work-around to get the data from the reports? Thank goodness I kept one PC with Access 2003 on it. PS to Evi: I meet with DB programmer tomorrow at 4pm. ...

Exporting PO's to QB Bills
What I missing? The following purchase order(s) could not be posted to QuickBooks: 37576 (Details: There was an error when saving a Bill. QuickBooks error message: Only one a/r or a/p account allowed per transaction.) 340752A (Details: There was an error when saving a Bill. QuickBooks error message: Only one a/r or a/p account allowed per transaction.) ...

Export Excel data to outlook contacts
I would like to know how to export a list of adresses from an Excel worksheet to Outlook. The problem seems to be in naming the range of data. The top row of the worksheet contains colum names like Name, Address, State... Row 2 starts the data. So I have tried both ranges A1:H4903, and A2:H4903 each 1 at a time, and saved and closed the file. When trying to import to Outlook it tells me to name the ranges using excel. What am I missing? Thanks for any help! nine Select A1:H4903 and Insert>Name>Define. Give that range a name like MyAddys. Save the workbook. Try again. ...

export the database schema?
Is there any way to export the database schema from our Microsoft CRM 3.0 version? We'd like to be able to look at 4 of the customizable entities, and see how they are laid out - - the different attributes, the data type of each attribute, the description of the attribute, etc. Just a basic Excel spreadsheet would be great. But so far, I can only get this information by manually going through each entity, and typing out each attribute and its relevant information. There's got to be a better way. Any help? Thanks in advance. Hi, Have you try to go to this page? http://[YO...

export/import excel2000/money2001
I have a spreadsheet of expenses in excel and I need to import it to money 2001. I know excel very well, but am new to money 2001. As far as I can see, money only except quicken files (in different formats). I obtained a copy of quicken and checked it out, but it doesn't import ascii, text, or excel files. I have many different applications and can get almost anything i need. I can transfer the data from excel to word, access, notepad, etc. but not into money. Anybody has Any suggestions? > I have a spreadsheet of expenses in excel and I need to > import it to money 2001. [...

initial post on possible problem with csv files
I don't have all the info yet but before I spend any time on this is there any known issues with Excel 2002 sp2 opening .csv files incorrectly? I have a report of a csv file opening fine in excel 97 but the same file is not formatted correctly when opened in Excel 2002 sp2... apparently all data gets stuffed into one column instead of it correctly separating columns according to the comma delimited file. any info would be greatly appreciated.. thanks. Maybe it's not excel that's really at fault. You may want to look at your regional settings and make sure that the separator in...

.csv file
I am creating a .csv file which includes bank account numbers. Some of them include zeroes at the beginning but even if I format the column as text, the zeroes keep disappearing. Is there a way to keep the zeroes at the beginning of each cell? I am on Windows XP Professional and running Excel 2003 SP2. Thanks, Katherine How are you checking for the leading 0's? Are you opening the .csv file in NotePad? Or are you reimporting the file into excel? Try opening in NotePad to check. BCK57 wrote: > > I am creating a .csv file which includes bank account numbers. Some of them ...

Find file and remove .csv extension
Hi, I'm tring to open a window, select a file with CSV extension, the file is coded to SelectedFile and then remove I want to remove the .CSV before renaming the file with the same name albeit with a .TXT extension. I've tried the code below for the inital test but it fails on the WorksheetFunction code. Am I on the right track? Thanks, Rob Sub macro1() Dim Filter, Caption, SelectedFile, DestinationFile As String Filter = "Text files (*.csv),*.csv" Caption = "Please Select a File " & TheUser SelectedFile = Application.GetOpenFilename(F...

Building DLL that exports Classes
Hi Group I have sucessfully built and used few MFC extension DLL before. Now I have made few function/features that is commonly used by my programs into class objects in a DLL I use MFC objects like CString etc... but no controls. My classes are not derived from MFC objects but only use certain MFC objects So do i really need to do MFC extension dll ? So i choose regular DLL with dynamicly linked to MFC. (because i want my DLL to be used by win32 or even .net) Initially i was unable to export classes but after going through MSDN I have solved the link error by exporting each of my class wi...

Export Areas
Is it possible to export certain areas from Sheets in a workbook automatically to single .CSV Files with the name of the sheet ? E.G.: The Range A:5 - Z:89 for the Sheets named Argentina, Austria,... should produce .CSV Files named : Argentina.csv, Austria.csv ...... Start recording a macro and do it manually once. then next time just run that macro. You will find record macros in Tools>Macro "Michael MacLachlan" wrote: > Is it possible to export certain areas from Sheets in a workbook > automatically to single .CSV Files with the name of the sheet ? > E.G.: The R...

Export to Excel no data to certain users
When I export any adv find results to a dynamic worksheet a particular user cannot get refreshed data when accessing the Excel file. This is not machine dependent. It also appears to be independent from his access to the recors since he can access the records in the queries. In fact, he owns all the records in one particular query. He is a member of the same teams & roles as others who can access the same data. I'm thinking its a SQL access issue. Are there special security settings associated with dyanmically linked worksheets? I figured this out. The affected users'...

Smartlist Export Problem
I have one little tiny problem with Smartlist. It appears that it depends on the order that I perform the Great Plains Install. When I run a Smartlist and then export to excel I don’t get the progress bar to show me how far along the export is going. On some machines it does but on some machines it doesn’t. What happened is I installed Great Plains, installed the Service Pack, ran Great Plains Utilities, the ran Great Plains, then installed the Service Pack again, then installed the chunk file (addon for Great Plains we have) and then updated the reports.dic file. When I did it tha...

Export Excel spreadsheet to MySQL
I have an MS Excel spreadsheet that I work with. I have no MySQL knowledge, but I need to load this Excel data into MySQL. I would like to develop a VBA procedure to do this so that I can click a button in Excel any time I make changes to the spreadsheet and it will load the changes into the MySQL database on the back end. I must make the changes in the Excel spreadsheet; I can't just load the date to MySQL and maintain it there. Any help would be appreciated. I have a tool called "Query Tool (using ODBC) 3.4" that is connected to the MySQL database, but that's about the exte...

Does Exmerge compress the size of the mailbox when exporting to PS
When exmerging a mailbox, does the resulting PST smaller or is the PST file the same size as the original mailbox? Thanks in advance! On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 12:36:28 -0800, TC <TC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When exmerging a mailbox, does the resulting PST smaller or is the PST file >the same size as the original mailbox? > >Thanks in advance! Usually bigger. Thanks for that information. If it is bigger what other data is attached to the PST file? Thanks again! "Andy David - MVP" wrote: > On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 12:36:28 -0800, TC <TC@discussions....

Smartlist's Account Trx should show document dates of submodules
Hi, When you use the Smartlist object Account Transactions and try to find the document date of those transactions coming from the sub modules - Smartlist will not be able to show it. There is a field Document Date, but it will show 00/00/0000. The created date is also not very useful as it takes the system/user date when the transaction was actually posted. Not all the time will the document date be equal to the transaction date. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click ...

how do I download, export, or copy pab file
I want to download, export, or copy my MS Outlook 2003 address book (or pab file), without going thru the Internet, so I can load it on another computer. Where is the pab file? Outlook has not used a PAB file in over a decade. Rephrase you query with that reality in mind. Include the reason you thought you would have to "go through the Internet." You posted no information that would permit anyone to answer your question. -- Russ Valentine "sandrini" <sandrini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A98B91EE-6AF6-4B18-91A1-50259D080F41@micros...

Default column width opeing *.csv in Excel
How do you set default column width when opening a *.csv in Excel? Changing files in \XlStart directory did not help. -nn As it is a csv you will only be able to do this in code. If it is the same file layout each time, why not record a macro in your personal.xls file and run this each time -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.ukANDTHIS www.nickhodge.co.uk "Netnathan" <n.a.smith@att-nospam.net> wrote in message news:%23NpbeF9FHHA.4588@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > How do you set default column width when opening a...

saving .csv files in Excel 2000, operating on XP Pro
Hi Hope someone can help me. I am trying to save some simple data in an excel spreadsheet into a .csv file. The data is 2 columns of data, and 1 column of numbers (no forumla in the cells). When I save it as .csv it's fine, but then when I've closed down the file and re- opened it, it has put decimal points into the column of numbers! I then find I have to reformat the column every time I open the .csv. This is proving particularly problematic, as I am trying to use the .csv file as a source doucment I can uponload into another programme, and the other programme isn'...

Save As csv Carraige Return issue
I have a large xlsx file with the last column containing text with carraige returns (CR). When I save this xlsx as a csv file these interim CR are preserved so each record of data isn't continuous on a single line. Example data: f1, f2, f3, "data for field 4" f1, f2, f3, "more data <carraige return> for field 4" f1, f2, f3, f4 I discovered this by opening the csv file in word with paragraph markings turned on and I can see these paragraph marks. Is this a 'feature' of Excel? How can I save a CSV without these pesky returns? I am usi...

Outlook synchronization/export to PDA from work laptop
I have Outlook 2000 on company laptop and we are prevented from loading software on the laptop, including synchronization software for pda use. Is there a workaround that I could export my Outlook 2000 from my laptop to a PDA? sirwilliam wrote: > I have Outlook 2000 on company laptop and we are prevented from > loading software on the laptop, including synchronization software > for pda use. Good thing, too - not re sync software, but you shouldn't be able to install or change anything on your work laptop, for many reasons. > Is there a workaround that I could export my...

script export to csv file
Hi - Looking for a way to export the contents of an excel spreadsheet ( 6 columns) to an ASCII comma separated file. I would like to be able to script this to run weekly. TIA ...

CSV document opening in excel
on one pc, excel opens csv document and reads the , as a seperated value, other pc just puts all info in 1 column, what do I need to do to open the csv document as a seperated value automatically? thanks It may be that the machine that did not parse the CSV file has a different character (likely a semi-colon) as its list separator character under Control Panel's Regional Settings. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

Export / Print Note Timestamps
Is it possible to export the timestamps associated with each note to RTF or whatever format? Or print the note AND timestamps directly from OneNote? Thanks -- --------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.9 Final Web @ http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ------------------- ----- ---- -- - ...

Export Global Group Members samacountname(s) to Text File
Hi I need to take the members of a global group and export their samaccountnames. I'm sure this isn't a huge task. Can someone advise on the least painless way to do this - i am in the middle of a 3000 user migration and need a quick fix! Cheers "Stuscotland" <Stuscotland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38950585-04CF-4551-B39B-5E5BCE6AC15F@microsoft.com... > Hi > I need to take the members of a global group and export their > samaccountnames. I'm sure this isn't a huge task. Can someone advise on > the &g...