Smartlist current user id field

Hi all,

Is there any table I can use that will indicate the user id of the user 
running the particular SmartList ?
For one example, I want to build a report that only shows Orders that the 
current user who is running the report created. That way each person who 
wishes to run this report does not have to enter in the criteria their own ID 
each time the run it...

Does that make sense ?

Thanks,
Chris B.
0
ChrisB (19)
10/5/2007 11:41:00 PM
greatplains 29623 articles. 6 followers. Follow

5 Replies
772 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 4

If you are referring to the sales order out of the box, then this isn't 
possible.  If this report comes from a SQL View that you've written then 
potentially you could.  However the biggest problem that I see with this is 
that GP doesn't keep the entered user id.  I seem to recall there is a field 
for Entered User ID however it's updated by whomever saves the order after 
that.  So unless i'm wrong, even if you get your SQL view correct it won't 
help you perfectly.

patrick
developer support

-- 
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.


"Chris B." <ChrisB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:307D0BC0-964C-46CB-9087-1DFD1C4C8FD6@microsoft.com...
> Hi all,
>
> Is there any table I can use that will indicate the user id of the user
> running the particular SmartList ?
> For one example, I want to build a report that only shows Orders that the
> current user who is running the report created. That way each person who
> wishes to run this report does not have to enter in the criteria their own 
> ID
> each time the run it...
>
> Does that make sense ?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris B. 


0
prot1 (1345)
10/8/2007 2:19:10 AM
Hi Patrick,
If you are working with the Sales Order that is entered on Sales Transaction 
Entry, we do indeed keep the 'User To Enter' (USER2ENT) as a field in the 
SOP_HDR_WORK (SOP10100) table and it is not overwritten with whomever last 
updated the document.  It is always preserved as the User that entered the 
document.  It is also stored in the SOP_HDR_HIST table (SOP30200) as the 
original User ID that created the document, not the user that triggered the 
move to the historical table.  That is the intention of the 'User To Enter' 
field.

You are correct in that there is no table that would be able to be used from 
Smartlist to dynamically check who the current user is that is logged into 
GP.  Each user could set up a favorite in Smartlist that would contain only 
the documents they entered by setting the 'User To Enter' column to their 
User ID.  Then the visibility could be set to User ID also so not everyone 
would see these views, only the user it applied to.

-- 
Marge Swanson
Software Development Engineer
mswanso@online.microsoft.com

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.


"Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:

> If you are referring to the sales order out of the box, then this isn't 
> possible.  If this report comes from a SQL View that you've written then 
> potentially you could.  However the biggest problem that I see with this is 
> that GP doesn't keep the entered user id.  I seem to recall there is a field 
> for Entered User ID however it's updated by whomever saves the order after 
> that.  So unless i'm wrong, even if you get your SQL view correct it won't 
> help you perfectly.
> 
> patrick
> developer support
> 
> -- 
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> 
> 
> "Chris B." <ChrisB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:307D0BC0-964C-46CB-9087-1DFD1C4C8FD6@microsoft.com...
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Is there any table I can use that will indicate the user id of the user
> > running the particular SmartList ?
> > For one example, I want to build a report that only shows Orders that the
> > current user who is running the report created. That way each person who
> > wishes to run this report does not have to enter in the criteria their own 
> > ID
> > each time the run it...
> >
> > Does that make sense ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Chris B. 
> 
> 
> 
0
mswanso (30)
10/8/2007 7:21:12 PM
Thanks !! That's what I thought I would have to do, just create a SmartList 
and have each user set their "user to enter" theselves...I was just hoping 
for an more efficient way of doing it..

Thanks,
Chris B.

"Marge Swanson [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi Patrick,
> If you are working with the Sales Order that is entered on Sales Transaction 
> Entry, we do indeed keep the 'User To Enter' (USER2ENT) as a field in the 
> SOP_HDR_WORK (SOP10100) table and it is not overwritten with whomever last 
> updated the document.  It is always preserved as the User that entered the 
> document.  It is also stored in the SOP_HDR_HIST table (SOP30200) as the 
> original User ID that created the document, not the user that triggered the 
> move to the historical table.  That is the intention of the 'User To Enter' 
> field.
> 
> You are correct in that there is no table that would be able to be used from 
> Smartlist to dynamically check who the current user is that is logged into 
> GP.  Each user could set up a favorite in Smartlist that would contain only 
> the documents they entered by setting the 'User To Enter' column to their 
> User ID.  Then the visibility could be set to User ID also so not everyone 
> would see these views, only the user it applied to.
> 
> -- 
> Marge Swanson
> Software Development Engineer
> mswanso@online.microsoft.com
> 
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> 
> 
> "Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:
> 
> > If you are referring to the sales order out of the box, then this isn't 
> > possible.  If this report comes from a SQL View that you've written then 
> > potentially you could.  However the biggest problem that I see with this is 
> > that GP doesn't keep the entered user id.  I seem to recall there is a field 
> > for Entered User ID however it's updated by whomever saves the order after 
> > that.  So unless i'm wrong, even if you get your SQL view correct it won't 
> > help you perfectly.
> > 
> > patrick
> > developer support
> > 
> > -- 
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> > 
> > 
> > "Chris B." <ChrisB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> > news:307D0BC0-964C-46CB-9087-1DFD1C4C8FD6@microsoft.com...
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Is there any table I can use that will indicate the user id of the user
> > > running the particular SmartList ?
> > > For one example, I want to build a report that only shows Orders that the
> > > current user who is running the report created. That way each person who
> > > wishes to run this report does not have to enter in the criteria their own 
> > > ID
> > > each time the run it...
> > >
> > > Does that make sense ?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Chris B. 
> > 
> > 
> > 
0
ChrisB (19)
10/9/2007 12:04:01 AM
How about that?  Oddly enough I was incorrect here as Marge is right that 
the field doesn't change.  I must have been thinking of something else then. 
That works out nicely then.

patrick
developer support

-- 
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.


"Marge Swanson [MSFT]" <mswanso@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:FB9EF0CE-C443-4F3C-9144-6F5B552686ED@microsoft.com...
> Hi Patrick,
> If you are working with the Sales Order that is entered on Sales 
> Transaction
> Entry, we do indeed keep the 'User To Enter' (USER2ENT) as a field in the
> SOP_HDR_WORK (SOP10100) table and it is not overwritten with whomever last
> updated the document.  It is always preserved as the User that entered the
> document.  It is also stored in the SOP_HDR_HIST table (SOP30200) as the
> original User ID that created the document, not the user that triggered 
> the
> move to the historical table.  That is the intention of the 'User To 
> Enter'
> field.
>
> You are correct in that there is no table that would be able to be used 
> from
> Smartlist to dynamically check who the current user is that is logged into
> GP.  Each user could set up a favorite in Smartlist that would contain 
> only
> the documents they entered by setting the 'User To Enter' column to their
> User ID.  Then the visibility could be set to User ID also so not everyone
> would see these views, only the user it applied to.
>
> -- 
> Marge Swanson
> Software Development Engineer
> mswanso@online.microsoft.com
>
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no 
> rights.
>
>
> "Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> If you are referring to the sales order out of the box, then this isn't
>> possible.  If this report comes from a SQL View that you've written then
>> potentially you could.  However the biggest problem that I see with this 
>> is
>> that GP doesn't keep the entered user id.  I seem to recall there is a 
>> field
>> for Entered User ID however it's updated by whomever saves the order 
>> after
>> that.  So unless i'm wrong, even if you get your SQL view correct it 
>> won't
>> help you perfectly.
>>
>> patrick
>> developer support
>>
>> -- 
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no 
>> rights.
>>
>>
>> "Chris B." <ChrisB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:307D0BC0-964C-46CB-9087-1DFD1C4C8FD6@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > Is there any table I can use that will indicate the user id of the user
>> > running the particular SmartList ?
>> > For one example, I want to build a report that only shows Orders that 
>> > the
>> > current user who is running the report created. That way each person 
>> > who
>> > wishes to run this report does not have to enter in the criteria their 
>> > own
>> > ID
>> > each time the run it...
>> >
>> > Does that make sense ?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Chris B.
>>
>>
>> 


0
prot1 (1345)
10/9/2007 2:39:05 AM
If you are building the report yourself with smartlist builder, then make a 
SQL View to show your information desired.  Then you can put in the where 
clause yourself to restrict the USER2ENT = CURRENT_USER

patrick
developer support

-- 
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.


"Chris B." <ChrisB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:ED9BD6A4-0834-45B5-AB02-EF99476CC7D7@microsoft.com...
> Thanks !! That's what I thought I would have to do, just create a 
> SmartList
> and have each user set their "user to enter" theselves...I was just hoping
> for an more efficient way of doing it..
>
> Thanks,
> Chris B.
>
> "Marge Swanson [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> Hi Patrick,
>> If you are working with the Sales Order that is entered on Sales 
>> Transaction
>> Entry, we do indeed keep the 'User To Enter' (USER2ENT) as a field in the
>> SOP_HDR_WORK (SOP10100) table and it is not overwritten with whomever 
>> last
>> updated the document.  It is always preserved as the User that entered 
>> the
>> document.  It is also stored in the SOP_HDR_HIST table (SOP30200) as the
>> original User ID that created the document, not the user that triggered 
>> the
>> move to the historical table.  That is the intention of the 'User To 
>> Enter'
>> field.
>>
>> You are correct in that there is no table that would be able to be used 
>> from
>> Smartlist to dynamically check who the current user is that is logged 
>> into
>> GP.  Each user could set up a favorite in Smartlist that would contain 
>> only
>> the documents they entered by setting the 'User To Enter' column to their
>> User ID.  Then the visibility could be set to User ID also so not 
>> everyone
>> would see these views, only the user it applied to.
>>
>> -- 
>> Marge Swanson
>> Software Development Engineer
>> mswanso@online.microsoft.com
>>
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no 
>> rights.
>>
>>
>> "Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:
>>
>> > If you are referring to the sales order out of the box, then this isn't
>> > possible.  If this report comes from a SQL View that you've written 
>> > then
>> > potentially you could.  However the biggest problem that I see with 
>> > this is
>> > that GP doesn't keep the entered user id.  I seem to recall there is a 
>> > field
>> > for Entered User ID however it's updated by whomever saves the order 
>> > after
>> > that.  So unless i'm wrong, even if you get your SQL view correct it 
>> > won't
>> > help you perfectly.
>> >
>> > patrick
>> > developer support
>> >
>> > -- 
>> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no 
>> > rights.
>> >
>> >
>> > "Chris B." <ChrisB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > news:307D0BC0-964C-46CB-9087-1DFD1C4C8FD6@microsoft.com...
>> > > Hi all,
>> > >
>> > > Is there any table I can use that will indicate the user id of the 
>> > > user
>> > > running the particular SmartList ?
>> > > For one example, I want to build a report that only shows Orders that 
>> > > the
>> > > current user who is running the report created. That way each person 
>> > > who
>> > > wishes to run this report does not have to enter in the criteria 
>> > > their own
>> > > ID
>> > > each time the run it...
>> > >
>> > > Does that make sense ?
>> > >
>> > > Thanks,
>> > > Chris B.
>> >
>> >
>> > 


0
prot1 (1345)
10/9/2007 2:40:54 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Round up a decimal in a query field
Hopefully this is an easy question. How do you round up a number in a query field? Excel has the ROUNDUP function, but I can't find anything similar in Access. Can anyone help? Function:round([tablename!fieldname,2]) I think. It may be round([tablesname!fieldname],2) "bigomega73" wrote: > Hopefully this is an easy question. How do you round up a number in a query > field? Excel has the ROUNDUP function, but I can't find anything similar in > Access. Can anyone help? Thanks Golfinray, but that only rounds to the nearest decimal place. What I want is the numb...

Required fields
I need to set up some VB code to alert the inputter that they need to complete a couple of required fields depending on the value of a third field. At present I have some code (below) attached to the BeforeUpdate event of the form that checks for one of the fields but I need to extend it to the 2nd field and I don't know how to. Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) If Me.[NYSPA Received] And IsNull(Me.Date_NYSPA_Received) And Me.New_Cease = "New" Then MsgBox "Date NYSPA Received is required" & vbCrLf & "Record will not be saved&q...

Prevent User to grant mailbox access permission
Hi, there, By default, in Outlook user can grant other user access permission to his/her mailbox folder. But, our company doesn't want this. Is there anyway to prevent user to grant access permission to his/her own mailbox and sub- folders? Any input is much appreciated. David ...

Current Record Source
I have the following Function in a module and using on a toolbar. It works well on the open form which the toolbar is assigned to. The current Record Source of my form is qryAll. I want to use this Function on several other forms each with a different Record Source. How do I go about using a variable as the Record Source changes? I don't want to create a separate toolbar for every form. Any help appreciated. Function QTagProduct() On Error GoTo QTagProduct_Err Dim strWhere As String Dim strMsg As String With CodeContextObject strWhere = "...

How do I format a field based on the value
I have a form that is populated from a query using several tables. In the detail section I have the following fields: Category Code qty PO number ... .... ... The qty is populated in the query based on whether or not a PO number is available. If the PO number is not available then it comes from table a, if it is available then it comes from table b. On the form, I have my fields color-coded for easy reading. I would like to be able to color the border and column heading based on where this value comes from. If table A, then it is blue, if table b then it...

Keep Added Custom Fields on New Projects
We are importing information from our bidding software. The export is created in XML file. We know the custom fields that are created. How do I make MS Project use the same "look" everytime? I want it to remember the custom fields I created and use that as my default blank project. I don't care about the tasks because those could be different every time. I just want to be able to create each project with the same columns every time. Create or update a view/table with the custom fields and layout you are wanting. Then change the Tools-->Options--View tab to ...

Exchange 5.5 MTA Event-ID 290 after site removal
Hi, hopefully someone can help me. We have Exchange 5.5 Org (most SP4) ā€“ 1 hub site and 5 spoke sites. In our hub site we have 1 connector server and one mailbox server. Due to Exchange server consolidation, I removed one site (KB324340) ā€“ same procedure as I did it three times before - Now Iā€™m getting every 4 hours on the bridgehead server in the hub site the following event-id, which points to the old and removed server/site: MTA Event-ID 290 ā€“ NDR,.. A non-delivery report (reason code unable-to-transfer and diagnostic code unrecognised-OR-name)) is being generated for message message. ...

how to retrieve varbinary field through ADO inVC++?
...

deleting CRM users??
Is there a way to delete the users from the users folder? It doesn't seem like you can get rid of them or change the groups that they belong to if you make a mistake, etc. You can't delete CRM users, you just have to disable them. "wlandymore" wrote: > Is there a way to delete the users from the users folder? It doesn't seem > like you can get rid of them or change the groups that they belong to if you > make a mistake, etc. Hi, It is possible to hard delete a users in the ms crm database, but of course this is not supported. If you chose to delete this...

Insert Row Under current row (with formulas/formatting)
I've got a sheet that gets appended to regularly but have to do a lot of fiddling to make sure the formatting is correct, calculated fields get added and chart series ranges collect all the data every time I add a new row. The insert (row) command seems to take care of all of this but it inserts the empty row above the current row. As I'm always appending data to the sheet, I would prefer this to be below the current row. I've tried adding a dummy row under all the data containing the formulas and formatting I need but unfortunately I get formula errors and it screws up my chart....

Table relationships
I've created a database with about 15 tables for a participant data in a research study. Each participant will complete the 15 assessment measures. My ultimate goal is to create a data entry system whereby a research assistant can pull up a form and enter an ID number, plus the answers to the 15 assessment measures. I know I can create a query to combine all the tables, but it seems like the research assistant would have to enter the id and date 15 times (once for each table pulled in to the query). Is there a way to just enter the ID number one time and have it apply t...

Refreshing a User Defined Function
To all: On Sheet 1 of my workbook, I have a date in cell A1. In the next sheet, I want the same date as the previous sheet plus seven days. When I copy the latest sheet, I want it to reference the sheet located prior to it rather than referencing the original sheet (Sheet 1). After copying 52 worksheets, I want each of them to reference the sheet located just prior to each of the sheets. I found this User Defined Function posted here on this discussion site and it works great except for one thing. If I change the original date on Sheet 1, the UDF does not automatically update. Is...

How to add another user's Contacts folder to my Address Book?
Background: Exchange 2003 Server w/ Outlook 2000/2003 clients. I can add any Contacts folders in my mailbox to my Address Book by going into the Properties of the folder and checking "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" on the "Outlook Address Book" tab. However, if I have another user's mailbox (to which I have full permission) in my Folder List, I do not have this option in any of their Contacts folders. How do I add another user's Contacts folder, displayed in my Folder List, to my Address Book? TIA, roshan After a bit of research on SlipStick.com...

Calculated Fields
Is there a way to use an IF or SUMIF function in a calculated field in a pivot table? When I try, I get all 0s as the result. Can you type a small sample of the pivot table layout and data, and explain what you'd like to calculate with a SUMIF formula? Jim C. wrote: > Is there a way to use an IF or SUMIF function in a > calculated field in a pivot table? When I try, I get all > 0s as the result. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Hi Jim, > Is there a way to use an IF or SUMIF function in a > calculated f...

Populating an IMAP "To:" field
I let this bug me for almost 2 years, but it *IS* Possible, as the following points out (contrary to the lack of responses and denial posted elsewhere in these microsoft misinformation forums): For Outlook 2000/XP/2002: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=284371 For Outlook 2003: 1) Select the IMAP mail folder with the broken/empty "To:" field. 2) Go to the "Tools" menu and select "Rules and Alerts..." 3) Select the IMAP account for this folder (should be pre-selected) 4) Click the "New Rule..." button 5) Select the "Start from a blank rule" r...

SY_SecurityChecklist security id
Hi all, Does anyone know what the display name or restechname for the SY_SecurityChecklist window is? I can't find it in the SY09400 dynamics table I generated. I want to be able to extend access to that window to only a few users -- Jim Bourque Where or how do you get to this window? I could not find it even with Support Debugging Tool. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Jim B" wrote: > Hi all, > > Does anyo...

Logged in as wrong user
I did try posting onto a previous question on this topic but haven't had a reply as it is way down the list of postings so perhaps noone has noticed it. I have somehow managed to get myself in a knot - when I try and log onto CRM from my PC as myself I am ending up logged on as CRM Admin. I have obviously checked a box about "remember password" or somesuch but deleting cookies and restarting the PC hasn't helped (although everywhere else is now prompting me to re-enter my login details). All previous references to this explain the problem but don't tell me how to ...

Limited User can't use Money
I've installed Money 2004 in hopes to clear this same problem I had with 2001, to no avail. I installed Money 04 with my System Administrator acct. It works fine for me. But when my wife tries with her Limited Account, she cannot get access. How do I get her access to this program and data? I've tried installing it in the All Users dir, but no help. I really don't want to give her Sys Admin priveleges just to use Money. Thanks to anyone that can help. MS Support has no info on this, nor does a Google search turn anything up. If she creates a new Money file, can you b...

auto populating account id field
Does anyone know of any 3rd parties that already have this customization? I'm wanting my account to automatically be assigned an account ID when I transfer my lead to an account and then have this ID be sent to Great Plains to create the account in GP. I know CRM doesn't have this function right out of the box, but I can't let my users type in their own ID. Thanks, Jen ...

How to detect when user switches between open forms?
The user can have multiple non-modal, restored, forms open at once and can switch between them as they want, often by just clicking on their titlebars. These forms are all instances of F_URL. I am using Vista, Access 2007. How do I run a routine anytime the user switches form? F_URL.GotFocus doesn't fire because the Focus event only fires for the particular control that has the focus on the form, and, there are many such possible controls. F_URL.Activate doesn't fire. So, four possibilities as far as I can see: 1. There is probably some obvious event that I'm ju...

Is it possible to log the user's IP address or computer name?
We have Exchange 5.5 here and some users know other's email password. Is there anyway to log the machine IP address since under the property store you can only see the last logon with the user. Can't tell anything if multiple users sign on simultaneously? Lisa ...

Sharing folders between User Accounts on same PC
Non of my data is stored on C: but on another partition on the drive. I have several User Accounts for different hobbies, etc. I want to share a folder so it is viweable on the desktops of the User Accounts, but I don't want to move the folder onto C: - I want it to stay in it's location. Is this possible? TIA. "Richard" <noggod@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:eadR9R0HLHA.1868@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Non of my data is stored on C: but on another partition on the drive. > > I have several User Accounts for different hobbies, etc. &...

Inventory User Categories
hey guys I was wondering of anyone knows how to get the description for Inventory user categories to appear on a report or which table the actual description is held on. I know how to use the user categories from the item master table - but i want to use the description that is entered against this category in item category setup. thanks Theo, I just tred adding it and am sorry to say that it seems difficult in RW. At the very least, you would need to use vba to read the Item Category setup table - IV40600. You could use retrieveGlobals and ADO to read the table and return the value to t...

Distro List Managed by Users
I would like to create a list that 2 or 3 users have rights to add to and remove names from. The email distro list is comprised of all email addresses of customers that want daily updates from us. I would like this list to either show up in Contacts or the GAL. I am not sure how to do this in Exchange 2003 and I dont even know what kind of info i should be searching for to find this out. THanks. Autodl "Ken Cheney" <digexrules@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eEtxVmBLGHA.3352@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I would like to create a list that 2 or 3 users have rights t...

Is there a way to share your calendar to other users in CRM sales.
...