SmartList Builder SubTotals

Hi,

Our client would like to create SubTotals in his SmarLists with SmartList
Builder. I don't believe this is available. I seem to recall a 3rd party
SmartList solution which incorporated some of this Excel like functionality.

thoughts?

thx,
Doug
--
Doug Wilson
Great Plains Consultant

http://www.dynextra.com/news.asp?news_id=40#replies

--
www.DynExtra.com
A resource for the Microsoft Dynamics Community
"Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Our client would like to create SubTotals in his SmarLists with SmartList
> Builder. I don't believe this is available. I seem to recall a 3rd party
> SmartList solution which incorporated some of this Excel like
> functionality.
>
> thoughts?
>
> thx,
> Doug
> --
> Doug Wilson
> Great Plains Consultant
> MCS Canada

0
HSalim (1270)
5/14/2007 3:07:44 PM
AnyView IDS from Accountable Software has a more powerful query tool that
looks like SmartList. I am pretty sure they developed SmartList and then MS
bought it.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Doug" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Our client would like to create SubTotals in his SmarLists with SmartList
> Builder. I don't believe this is available. I seem to recall a 3rd party
> SmartList solution which incorporated some of this Excel like functionality.
>
> thoughts?
>
> thx,
> Doug
> --
> Doug Wilson
> Great Plains Consultant
> MCS Canada
0
callen (2505)
5/14/2007 9:50:02 PM
And its a neat looking package!  Anyview IDS.
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at
http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> AnyView IDS from Accountable Software has a more powerful query tool that
> looks like SmartList. I am pretty sure they developed SmartList and then MS
> bought it.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "Doug" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Our client would like to create SubTotals in his SmarLists with SmartList
> > Builder. I don't believe this is available. I seem to recall a 3rd party
> > SmartList solution which incorporated some of this Excel like functionality.
> >
> > thoughts?
> >
> > thx,
> > Doug
> > --
> > Doug Wilson
> > Great Plains Consultant
> > MCS Canada
0
info4071 (3004)

How do platform builder SDKs work?
Hi everyone. I have a question regarding SDKs on Windows CE 6 platform builder. I have 2 different boards based on the same BSP (Atmel AT91). On the first board (B47), I created a solution that builds the BSP and added an SDK call B47_SDK. Up till then, no problem. I can develop programs for this platform without issue. The problem is that I now I have a second board (B53). I created a solution that builds a BSP for this new board, and added an SDK called B53_SDK. If I install this new SDK, I can no longer develop applications for the B47 device. They seem to be mutually exclus...

GP 10.0 SmartList Security
Hello: I heard that SmartList Security in 10.0 is "gone". What does that mean? How do you set security to SmartLists, then? Thanks! childofthe1980s On Sep 17, 8:18 pm, childofthe1980s <childofthe19...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello: > > I heard that SmartList Security in 10.0 is "gone". What does that mean? > How do you set security to SmartLists, then? > > Thanks! > > childofthe1980s Smartlist objects are now part of the Role > Task hierarchy. You can assign the objects to tasks and then assign the task to a role. On...

Calculated fields in Smartlist
Is it possible to display calculated fields in SmartList? Rather than push calculated fields back into the database, I think the only alternative is to pump the data out to Excel and do calculations there. Can someone confirm this? Thanks, Rich SmartList won't read any calculated fields. "Richard Rook" wrote: > Is it possible to display calculated fields in SmartList? Rather than push > calculated fields back into the database, I think the only alternative is to > pump the data out to Excel and do calculations there. Can someone confirm > this? Thanks, ...

Any way to get the process hold field values in Sales Transaction or Sales Line item default Smartlist options?
Is there any way to get the process hold field values in Sales Transaction or Sales Line item default Smartlist options. I understand that we can have multiple process holds for a single documents hence the rows would repeat if a document has multiple holds. I dont have smartlist builder. With smartlist builder it should be cake walk... Looking forward to answers.. Samit I forgot to add, there is a field called Hold in Sales Transaction and Sales Line item smartlist. Its a yes or no field. But it doesnt suffice my need. I would like the Hold ID as well and should be able to set filter on ...

SmartList Builder v 10
1.. Cannot create calculations in SmartList Builder. We get the message "you do not have security privileges" User is setup has security role "PowerUser" 2.. Cannot create restrictions in Smartlist Builder. Using the restrictions of any type you get a dropdown box that displays nothing to pick from and you cannot type in it. Not sure if related to issue number 1 above. 3.. There seems to be an issue displaying Smartlists with more than two tables. I tired making sure that it was not a "series" issue. I can link tables in different series if there is...

Bolding of Subtotals
Is it possible to make Subtotals appear in Bold? Presently only the Description column turns bold, not the subtotal number. Thanks C Use the outlining symbols on the left to just show what you want bolded. Then select that range then Edit|goto Special|Visible cells only Format the way you want. Chris wrote: > > Is it possible to make Subtotals appear in Bold? > Presently only the Description column turns bold, not the > subtotal number. > > Thanks > C -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Great plaisn 8.0 Smartlist
hi to all , I m using GP 8.0 SP4a run -special upgrade on server - GP utility , when sending data to Microsoft Excel 2003 from Smart list, it does not show small progress screen which display 'Sending to MS- Excell with red stop Button' at client mechine only - any one have idea what missing in that. thanks. Check that you have the "PROGRESS.AVI" present in the folder from which you are launching DYNAMICS.EXE. ------ Robert "AFT" <AFT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B6795DC-08AC-483E-AC61-971686B5BF03@microsoft.com... > hi to ...

Go to window not populated in smartlist builder
I created a smartlist mapping PA Billing details OPEN table. The smartlist works fine but I have defined a go to window of Billing Inquiry zoom. I pass values to the field of PA Biller transaction type and PA Document number. However, when I open up the go to window of Billing Inquiry zoom by double clicking a smartlist entry, the record is not populated. Only the document number field is populated, the rest of the window is blank. If I change the currency view on the window, the rest of the fields populate. What is the issue here and how do I fix it so that the go to window comes up c...

multiple restrictions using smartlist builder
I have created a smartlist using the sales transaction amounts history (for line items) and sales transaction history for header info) and linked the Sales transactions Serial work/history table to the Sales transaction amounts history table and all is working fine. I want to eliminate items whose Item number begins with 5-Ben or 5-Con or 5-Pro etc. When I enter restrictions using the Sales Trans Amts History table, Field Item Number, Does not begin with, 5-etc., no data appears in the smartlist. I have set the lower right from Match All to Match 1 or more. Appreciate any help with ...

SQL query for Smartlist
Is there any way to create a field in a SQL query that will appear in Smartlist Builder as available for choice in the Negative Values tab? Laura In SQL, you do not "create a field", you define columns, but more specifically in your case, you will be reading a column and creating a transformation for the row values in that column to reflect a negative value. You can accomplish this as follows: CREATE VIEW fooView AS SELECT col1, -col2, -col3,.., FROM fooTable WHERE fooExpression; GO Note that by inverting the sign of the numeric columns col2, and col3, I am abl...

Smartlist Builder
I have played around with several security settings but my user still cannot see the new reports I built in Smartlist Builder. I understood the user does not have to have it installed to see it in the regular Smartlist. The tasks I have assigned are as follows: Category: Other Product: Smartlist Type: Smartlist Object Series: Smartlist Objects I checked off my new reports. Also added: Category: Other Product: Smartlist Builder Type: Smartlist Builder Permissions Series: Smartlist Builder I checked off "View Smartlists with SQL Tables SmartList Bui...

Can not "publish" in Excel Report Builder
I get an error message "You do not have security privileges to publish this report" whenever I try to Publish a report to a network drive. I can do this with the sa login but no others. How to assign security rights to allow users to publish their reports? Thanx for your help. I have tried everything I know. Brad Did you try going to the Security Task Setup window (Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> System >> Security Tasks) and setting security for other users? -- Charles Allen, MVP "Brad" wrote: > I get an error mes...

Subtotals
How can I get amount-subtotals for "83-025" in column "B" and for "68-5305" and for "68-5402" in column "C"? A B C Amount 008101815-8 83-025 81.08 008101815-8 68-5305 13.54 008101815-8 68-5402 19.54 008101815-8 83-025 82.70 008101815-8 68-5305 13.56 008101815-8 68-5402 19.54 008101815-8 83-025 83.68 008101815-8 68-5305 13.56 008101815-8 68-5402 19.54 008101815-8 83-025 84.62 008101815-8 68-5305 13.56 008101815-8 68-5402 19.54 008101815-8 83-025 86....

Project Resource Hours Subtotals
We have a program of linked projects that use an enterprise resource pool (Project and Server 2003). In Project's Resource Usage view, hours for all project work (not only these linked projects but any project that the resource has been assigned to) is totalled by resource. The resource shows 20,000 total hours but only has 50 hours of work on this particular plan. We are looking for a way to easily segregate these hours by project. We are currently accomplishing this by adding a Project column and then deleting any line item not associated with the project in question. This ...

SmartList Builder not forming SQL correctly #2
Does anyone know if Problem report 47625: Restrictions don't work if have more than one on a SmartList. There was post almost a year ago that said SP3 - can't tell from the fix list if in SP3 or hotfix. {it points to a bug in Smartlist Builder where more than one restriction does not work because it fails to append an "AND" in the SQL it generates. } Any input is appreacited ...

Money 2004 Account Balancing (No subtotals in M2004????)
So I go to balance my bank statements for the first time since installing M2004. Since I download transactions nearly every day, all of the transactions have been marked electronically cleared already. I proceed to balance and I am $50.00 off. That's alright I think to myself, I can just look to the left and find out whether it's a deposit or a withdrawal that I'm missing. But to my surprise MS, in its infinite wisdom, has taken away the subtotals for deposits and withdrawals, so now I'm not sure where the discrepancy is without actually adding all of them up manually. I&#...

SmartList>MDA shows wrong trx date #2
for posted some trx, in SmartList>MDA the date is 00-00-0000 but in (MDA) Inquiry windows, it shows correct date. also, table DTA10100 also shows correct date. have run financial checklink, no errror reported. any advice? thks. ...

Correct way in Expression Builder
I tried to do a simple calculation (on a form) but fail to understand this: =[UnitPrice]*[Quantity] works, however if I use the Tables list from (below) and construct the formula it shows as: [OrderDetails].UnitPrice * [OrderDetails].Quantity and it does not work. I get #Name error When field names are written as [UnitPrice] is it not a standard practice to name them as such? Somewhere I also see [OrderDetails]![UnitPrice] notation. Why? Thanks ...

List for AutoFilter and list for Subtotals have different meanings?
I need to type up a list if I want to use (1) Date>Filter>AutoFilter or (2) Data>Subtotals A sample list: Month Units Jan 100 Jan 200 Feb 100 Feb 400 Mar 300 etc. etc. I find the following interesting. To do (1) AutoFilter, I have to actually **create** a list i.e. Data>List>Create List ...... If I want to do (2) Subtotals, I **don't** have to do Data>List>Create List ....... If I do, Subtotals on the menu won't even be highlighted. Although both (1) and (2) require a list, the definition of a list appears...

Is Report builder for excel a free prodcut?
Do you need to have purchased smart list builder? It is part of SmartList Builder, so it is not free. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Want to use Crystal Reports with GP? http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com "Tom S" <TomS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB8AA691-4A1D-4A60-8B24-3F4150DBDDD8@microsoft.com... > Do you need to have purchased smart list builder? > > ...

Smartlist downloads to Excel crashes.
When downloading a smartlist to excel it often crashes. The problem is that it will not respond when I hit the 'Stop' button at all. I literally have to Control Alt Delete the entire GP program and then start all over again. Is there a way to kill this non responding job without killing the entire program. Do you mean you're in the middle of downloading to Excel & you want to stop it (before it crashes)? I don't think you can do that - you just have to wait it out :-) -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 "DB" w...

GP 10.0 Smartlists
Im tryin gto retrieve email addresses of employees directly from smartlist however do not see "emails" as a column choice to the filter. any advice? You will have to setup a new SmartList with SmartList Builder. Employee internet information is stored in the Internet Addresses table (dbo.SY01200). Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "kokosKypros@gmail.com" wrote: > Im tryin gto retrieve email addresses of employees dire...

subtotal function
To all experts, Please could you help me i have a list of people( more than 1 entry for the same person) in column a and and a number in column b i can get excel to do the subtotal function i need to copy the subtotaled data to another part of my spreadsheet but one thing is annoying is that it says A.SMITH SUBTOTAL 999 how do i remove the word subtotal from the cell but still keeping the persons name hope anyone can help thanks in advance steve After you copy and paste Select that column (columns) and do: Edit|Replace what: _subtotal (_ represents a space character)...

SmartList record count doesn't agree with Excel download
When running the Items Past Required Date SmartList (under Purchase Line Items), the count that displays in the lower left corner of the SmartList window shows one number, but when I download the data to Excel I end up with exactly half the number of lines. For example, the SmartList window shows 542 lines but the Excel file only contains 271. However, there are only 271 lines actually displayed in the SmartList window....how is the counter coming up with exactly double the correct total? -- GP 9.0, SP1 Bud, A lot of times when I see strange behavior like this it indicates that the ...

How do I subtotal pages in Excel?
I want to subtotal a column per page in Excel 2000, however the page may vary as I add and delete records. Can anyone help me? Shouldn't be a problem as XL will automatically adjust it's total formula as you add and delete. I'm assuming you are putting in a sum formula ("=sum( cell1:cell2)"). -- Regards; Rob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "lshivvers" <lshivvers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B81870EF-D160-4628-96A2-3CDC5FB07BBD@microsoft.com... > I want to subtotal a column per page in Ex...