Smartlist Builder - Security so a user can see see SMB reports?

I have played around with several security settings but my user still cannot
see the new reports I built in Smartlist Builder.  I understood the user does
not have to have it installed to see it in the regular Smartlist.

The tasks I have assigned are as follows:
Category: Other              Product: Smartlist
Type: Smartlist Object     Series: Smartlist Objects

I checked off my new reports.

Also added:
Category: Other              Product: Smartlist Builder
Type: Smartlist Builder Permissions
Series: Smartlist Builder

I checked off "View Smartlists with SQL Tables

0
barbola (98)

SmartList Builder MUST be installed on any machine where you want to see a
SmartList created with SmartList Builder.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"barbola" <barbola@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have played around with several security settings but my user still
>cannot
> see the new reports I built in Smartlist Builder.  I understood the user
> does
> not have to have it installed to see it in the regular Smartlist.
>
> The tasks I have assigned are as follows:
> Category: Other              Product: Smartlist
> Type: Smartlist Object     Series: Smartlist Objects
>
> I checked off my new reports.
>
> Also added:
> Category: Other              Product: Smartlist Builder
> Type: Smartlist Builder Permissions
> Series: Smartlist Builder
>
> I checked off "View Smartlists with SQL Tables

0
victoria (3340)
5/14/2009 9:07:09 PM
Ok,
I believe you've played enough.

First and foremost, to view smartlists created with SLB you need to have SLB
installed on the users computer.

1. Log into Dynamics GP 10.0 as the user "sa" and click Microsoft Dynamics
GP | Tools | Setup | System | Security Task.
2. In the Security Task Setup create a new Task ID and Task Name called
Smartlist.

3. I would then like you to use the following settings.

Product: SmartList
Type: SmartList Objects
Series: SmartList Objects

4. Scroll through the Access List and check the Smartlists you wish to grant
access too.

5. Next change the following drop downs:

Product: Smartlist Builder
Type: Windows
Series: System

Scroll down and check Smartlist Lookup.

6. Change the following drops:

Product: Smartlist
Type: Windows
Series: Company

Check Smartlist

7. Click Save.
8. Click Microsoft Dynamics GP | Tools | Setup | System | Security Role.
9. Next select a role that the user has assigned to them or you can create a
new one just for Smartlists.
10. Scroll down and find the Task you either created or edited previously
and check that box.
11. Next you will need to assign the role to the user.
12. Click Microsoft Dynamics GP | Tools | Setup | System |User Security
13. In the User Security Setup window please select the user and company.
14. Next select the role you either created or edited and assign it to the
user.
15. Have the user access Smartlist and see if they are able to see the
Smartlist now.

--
Best regards,
--

"barbola" wrote:

> I have played around with several security settings but my user still cannot
> see the new reports I built in Smartlist Builder.  I understood the user does
> not have to have it installed to see it in the regular Smartlist.
>
> The tasks I have assigned are as follows:
> Category: Other              Product: Smartlist
> Type: Smartlist Object     Series: Smartlist Objects
>
> I checked off my new reports.
>
> Also added:
> Category: Other              Product: Smartlist Builder
> Type: Smartlist Builder Permissions
> Series: Smartlist Builder
>
> I checked off "View Smartlists with SQL Tables

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
5/14/2009 9:24:01 PM
Barbola,

Victoria is absolutely correct! End of the day You do everything on
Security but doesnt have a Smartlist Builder installed on the users
machines, it doesnt work.

I faced this scenario long back

Thanks
Janakiram M.P.
MCP-GP

On May 15, 12:07=A0am, "Victoria [MVP]" <victo...@flex-solutions.com>
wrote:
> SmartList Builder MUST be installed on any machine where you want to see =
> SmartList created with SmartList Builder.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reportshttp://www.flex-solutions.com/gpre=
ports.html
> blog:http://www.victoriayudin.com
>
> "barbola" <barb...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >I have played around with several security settings but my user still
> >cannot
> > see the new reports I built in Smartlist Builder. =A0I understood the u=
ser
> > does
> > not have to have it installed to see it in the regular Smartlist.
>
> > The tasks I have assigned are as follows:
> > Category: Other =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Product: Smartlist
> > Type: Smartlist Object =A0 =A0 Series: Smartlist Objects
>
> > I checked off my new reports.
>
> > Also added:
> > Category: Other =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Product: Smartlist Builder
> > Type: Smartlist Builder Permissions
> > Series: Smartlist Builder
>
> > I checked off "View Smartlists with SQL Tables- Hide quoted text -

janakirammp (688)
5/15/2009 1:08:52 PM
Thanks everyone. I'll be sure to let our VAR know as they did not have the
answer (grumble grumble)
0
barbola (98)

Can't Send Messages Until I Press F9 Key
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------030800050502050601040701 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit After I compose a message and click Send, the message does go its way until I press F9 or choose Tools|Send/Receive. I'm using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP. In case it matters, there's a toolbar for ZoneAlrm Outlook Addin with Junk filters (I use the Zone lite firewall freebie). Is there a setting in Outlook I need to set to automatically send messages? Should I disable the Zone addin? If so, how? Thanks. ---...

I have a data table that looks like this: Code ------------------- STR-S SNK-S STR-K STR-F SNK-S STR-3 STR-2 STR-F SNK-S SNK-4 SNK-S STR-3 SNK-F STR-4 STR-O ------------------- "STR", etc at the beginning are pitch types, SNK is Sinker for example The end character is the result of the pitch, a 4 would be a home run, 3 a triple, and so forth. O is out, F is foul, S is strike --- you ge it. How can I figure the amount of RBI's? I know that it's 5, but I can' think of any automated way to calculate this, anyone got any ideas? THANK YOU!! :confused -- AVER...

NDR Report
We get this NDR error when someone sends to a particular address: 550 Only 1 recipients accepted with null sender address Again, the emails are sent using Outlook to a listing in our GAL for the Custom Recipient. I have checked the outgoing messages and they do contain a sender address. Any ideas? Thanks. BSchmidt Have you contacted the recipient's admin folk on this? BSchmidt wrote: > We get this NDR error when someone sends to a particular address: > > 550 Only 1 recipients accepted with null sender address > > Again, the emails are sent using Out...

Can't edit print styles in Outlook 2007

Custom Item Movement Report
Anyone out there have a custom item movement report and item movement history report that includes extended description that they would be willing to share? Thanks! -JIM That was a pretty tricky request but I was able to make the change. Download the reports here: http://www.newestech.com/downloads/itemmovement.zip If you cannot download from there shoort me an email and I will send over. Check out our RMS add-ons website in exchange.. http://www.newestech.com/POS/extensions.htm Casey Hanson New West Technologies chanson@newestech.com Hi, Can you do one with "Transferred To"...

Clearing security settings
I am setting up a new server that will be home to GP version 8. I am migrating from 7.5 to 8. I want to clear out all users, advanced security, and standard security settings and recreate them on the new server. Anybody ever scripted this? I assume I want to truncate tables, but I don't know which ones, other than what is show in techkno Steps to remove Advanced Security (874401). TIA If you run a delete statement on the SY02000 table, it will remove all settings, then you can run a reconcile against security restrictions and user access. "Cindy Lange" wrote: > I...

can't open files

Z Report shows zeros for an entire shift
How do I correct the problem described above? All receipts are printed correctly, and all transactions seem to be successful. However, the Z report that is run at the end of the shift prints all zeros? Any ideas??? I am having the same problem. All the transactions are successfull and I can see the sale amounts and etc at crstal reports but all the z, zz and x reports print "$0.00" amount. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? "Maakus" wrote: > How do I correct the problem described above? All receipts are printed > correctly, and all transactions seem t...

Can you separate information by House?
I have two homes and want to track expenses for each home separately as well as roll up reports by category (utility, phone, etc.) for both. Is that possible? MT In microsoft.public.money, MT wrote: >I have two homes and want to track expenses for each home separately as well >as roll up reports by category (utility, phone, etc.) for both. Is that >possible? One way to do that is to use a classification. As Cal notes, Classification is tailor-made for this. Look it up in online help and then come back with questions. "MT" <MT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

can't find project or library
encounter this error : can't find project or library when try to run a code which contains Calendar1.Value any help? Hi Lynn Read the info on this page http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Excel 97-2007 It is possible you don't see it in the list, because it is installed with Access. So if you don't have that program installed you possible don't have the control. You can download the control if you don't have it (See link on the bottom of this page). -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Lynn" <moley_cruz@yahoo.com.au> wrot...

Excel 2000 macro security Level
Hi! I am running an ASP.NET application which ideally opens an Exce spreadsheet with a macro included in it. When I try opening spreadsheet without a macro, everything works fine, but with macros, i hangs on the opening command. I tried to go to Excel 2000 and go t Tools->Macros->Security Level->Low but it still hangs when I try t open the macro spreadsheet. All works fine with the spreadsheet no containing macros, so it really is a question of macro security. But put it to low, so I don't understand how it is still not opening!! An help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks and...

Can I delete everything on MSN Money?
Hello, I seem to have lots of problems syncronizing my MSN Money information with the web. It seems to work fine for a few months, then, for no reason, I start to get syncronization errors. I have signed up for multiple passports, because when these problems start, it seems that I get tons of multiple accounts. For example, on my one MSN Money account I have 15+ old accounts that I can't delete. 1. How do I delete ALL of the information out on MSN Money for my passport account? 2. How do I keep the syncronization from breaking in the future? Any tips or advice would be g...

I can no longer convert my files to pdf

why I see times new roman?
I have several html email messages composed in outlook express 6, I'm sure I highlited all text and set it to Arial 10. Then I drag the file to desktop, move it to vista windows mail draggin into inbox or other folder. The result is some parts of text shows arial 10 but some others Times new roman 10 or 12 what is annoying, because I use all arial 10, so I have to manually forward the email, highligh it again and set arial 10 and then, yes, I can see it properly. I checked the compose default font and everything is fine. Why is that? Is there any work around , helo...

single user mode
Hi, I need to be able to establish an exclusive connection to the database and do a restore to it. Nobody, can be connected to that database prior to the restore. Also, I need to be able to schedule it to run on a daily basis. I tried putting that db in a single user mode and then do the restored in a transaction but I got the error that the restore command is not allowed in the begin tran commit tran. How can I accomplish that? tolcis (nytollydba@gmail.com) writes: > I need to be able to establish an exclusive connection to the database > and do a restore to it. Nobody, c...

Can't get rules to run.
I can't get Outlook 2003 rules to run. I am getting my mail from a pop3 account and would like to have new mail sorted to specific folders when it arrives. I set up the rules as I did in previous versions of outlook, but they do not run automatically. I can run the rules manually and they will move the mail. I have this rule (for example Apply this rule after the message arrive from some@email.address and on this machine only move it to the somefolder folde I have tried deselecting on this machine only Thanks. Do you have an Exchange service in this profile? Are you using Cache...

How can I reset the default pie chart label "Other" to "Equity"?
I show Cash, Equities, and Fixed Income in the large pie to the left. The equity slice is further split into large, medium, and small. The problem is that the Equity slice gets relabeled as "Other". When I manuallly change it back to Equity, I lose the ability to link to any new data...so I can't use the pie chart as a template that would allow me to put new data in the table and have the pie chart adjust automaticially. How can I reset the default pie chart label to "Equity"? or is there another solution. Instead of making pie charts (which are notor...

Monitoring Security
Quick question... Anyone know of a tool that we could use to monitor exchange security? We need to know when users (or admins) log into foreign mailboxes, and would like to do periodic checks on security as a whole to check for strange permissions. Any help greatly appreciated. Exchange Security is a pretty broad term - you have to narrow down or be more specific of what exactly you want to look for. Having said that, most monitoring tools should be able to monitor for mailbox access from event logs when a user that's not the associated account for a mailbox tries to login to a ...

Show all months on report
I have a report that shows total shipments by month for specific items by totaling in the Month Footer. Some items have no shipment on some months so that month is not listed. Is there a way to have the report show all months regardless if there were shipments that month or not? Create a table name CountNumber with field CountNUM having integers from 0 (zero) through you maximum spread. Build the query below. SELECT DateAdd("m",[CountNUM],CVDate([Enter start date])) AS [My Dates] FROM CountNumber WHERE (((DateAdd("m",[CountNUM],CVDate([Enter start date])))<=CVDa...