Smart list source tables

I'm using smartlist builder to create custom smartlists.

It sure would be easier if I knew what tables teh "canned" smartlists used
or could pull up a * canned smartlist and edit it as my own including adding
additional tables to join.

With soooo many tables in GP It is not a simple task to use the right one
instead of the "close but no cigar" table.

Any table indexing would help.

Hi Vacations

If you go on customer source you can downlaod some smartlists, that can be
imported with smartlist builder. They are listed for version 8 of GP but they
will work on 9 and 10. They have a lot of them are identical to the canned
versions and you are then able to view the tables you need to pull in. Also
use the resource description option under the tools menu in gp, it tells you
which tables holds what data.

Fliehigh

"Vacation's Over" wrote:

> I'm using smartlist builder to create custom smartlists.
>
> It sure would be easier if I knew what tables teh "canned" smartlists used
> or could pull up a * canned smartlist and edit it as my own including adding
> additional tables to join.
>
> With soooo many tables in GP It is not a simple task to use the right one
> instead of the "close but no cigar" table.
>
> Any table indexing would help.
0
Fliehigh (443)
5/13/2008 1:01:02 PM
Vacation,

I agree with you! However, there are a good number of sources describing the
Microsoft Dynamics GP's table structure:

1) You can always install the Software Development Kit (SDK) from CD2, which
contain the Entity-Relationship model for the each series.

2) You may also want to check out "Information Flow & Posting" from Accolade
Publications, written by one of the frequent contributors of this newsgroup,
Mr. Richard Whiley. This book is "a roadmap to the flow of information
through the tables of Dynamics GP" as described in the summary.

3) Also, you need to know that the table numbers mean something and are not
only a cryptic nomenclation:

> Tables in the hundreds (100's), i.e., PM00200, GL00100, RM00101, are usually master tables

> Tables in the ten-thousands (10000's), i.e., GL10000, SOP10200, RM10101, etc., are usually work tables

> Tables in the 20-thousands (20000's), i.e., GL20000, RM20101, PM20000, etc., are usually open transaction tables.

> Tables in the 30-thousands (30000's), i.e., GL30000, RM30101, POP30000 are usually history transaction tables.

> Tables in the 40-thousands (40000's), i.e., POP40100, GL40000, etc., are usually configuration tables.

There are also literally hundreds of blogs around the web (including mine:
http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/)   that now dedicate entire topics to
the subject. Explore and enjoy!

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Vacation's Over" wrote:

> I'm using smartlist builder to create custom smartlists.
>
> It sure would be easier if I knew what tables teh "canned" smartlists used
> or could pull up a * canned smartlist and edit it as my own including adding
> additional tables to join.
>
> With soooo many tables in GP It is not a simple task to use the right one
> instead of the "close but no cigar" table.
>
> Any table indexing would help.
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
5/13/2008 2:23:01 PM
On Disc 2 of the install CDs (at least for version 9), in the
Tools>Dex>Doc>PDF folder, there’s a file called IG.pdf, which is the
Dexterity Integration Guide. There’s a section called SmartList Objects which
contains a cross reference of all the tables and joins used in the standard
SmartLists.

--
Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO

"Vacation's Over" wrote:

> I'm using smartlist builder to create custom smartlists.
>
> It sure would be easier if I knew what tables teh "canned" smartlists used
> or could pull up a * canned smartlist and edit it as my own including adding
> additional tables to join.
>
> With soooo many tables in GP It is not a simple task to use the right one
> instead of the "close but no cigar" table.
>
> Any table indexing would help.
0
Bud (544)
5/13/2008 2:47:01 PM
The same document that Bud refers to for 9.0 is available for 10.0
also.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

0
fhamelly1 (1404)
5/13/2008 2:57:17 PM
Thanks I thuink I know where that CD got to:)

"Bud" wrote:

> On Disc 2 of the install CDs (at least for version 9), in the
> Tools>Dex>Doc>PDF folder, there’s a file called IG.pdf, which is the
> Dexterity Integration Guide. There’s a section called SmartList Objects which
> contains a cross reference of all the tables and joins used in the standard
> SmartLists.
>

> --
> Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
> HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO
> GP 9.0, SP2
>

> "Vacation's Over" wrote:
>
> > I'm using smartlist builder to create custom smartlists.
> >
> > It sure would be easier if I knew what tables teh "canned" smartlists used
> > or could pull up a * canned smartlist and edit it as my own including adding
> > additional tables to join.
> >
> > With soooo many tables in GP It is not a simple task to use the right one
> > instead of the "close but no cigar" table.
> >
> > Any table indexing would help.

Pivot Table Refresh Changes Color Scheme for Some Cells
Office 2007 XP SP3 I want to display a Pivot Table output in a certain (blue) format. When I refresh a Pivot Table, the color scheme on some cells changes, in my case from blue to orange. Any ideas? Your help is greatly appreciated. 8^> ...

Drag in a List Box
If I have a list box that has a row source to a query is it possible to drag my records up and down the list box to give them a certain order to print on a report?? -- Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob MS Access 2007 accdb Windows XP Home Edition Ver 5.1 Service Pack 3 Stephen Lebans has a number of Listbox examples on his website. Here's just one of them: http://www.lebans.com/vb_listbox.htm -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.accessmvp.com http://www.mvps.org/access "Bob Vance" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz>...

Is there a list of names for the various charts...
....with graphics, as I'm having a problem explaining my query e.g. a column chart with plus and minus figures in the series; the plus figures should show above the category axis line and the minus figures below the line. What would this chart be called? 2007 user Thank you Hi, You can do this with a Line chart or XY scatter, even Column charts or an Area chart. If you are asking is there a special chart name for this type of chart, you might check Jon Poltier's website. If you are asking does Excel have a special name for that type of chart, no. http://peltiertech.com/Ex...

how do i refresh a pivot table drop down list in excel 2003?
when i remove data from my source tab, the entries still show in the drop down list for the field in my pivot table. i am trying to figure out how to remove them. i tried removing the field from the pivot table, refreshing the pivot table, and then placing the field back in. that only works sometimes. ...

Pivot Table Custom Calculations
Hi All - Pivot Table newb here...i have a pivot table that is formatted something like this: .......................... ITEMS SOLD REGION....AREA.....APPLES......ORANGES.....GRAPES...TOTAL Canada....East..........10.............20.............15.........45 ...............West.........15.............17.............19.........51 Total Canada............25.............37.............34.........96 Europe.....England.......5.............15.............20.........40 ................Italy..........10.............10............10.........30 Total Europe..............15.............25.............30...

Use spreadsheet as data source
Hi, We have two workbooks, Bk 1 contains information relating to production scheduling and manufacturing information. Bk2 is a template used to generate a ticket (workbook) containing specific information relating to the individual order. Is it possible to transfer information between the two. Eg on Bk1 there is a packing spec worksheets for items, what size outer to use, and how many items in that outer as well as other information, can we interrogate this (search by item code) and then "autofill" in cells marked "Outer" and "Number" in Bk2 (ticket). Tha...

transfer 'auto-correct list to newer computer
I bouht a new computer and want to use my auto correct words in excel. How do I transfer these words or the list? I like to do it this way. Old pc. Open excel. Make a minor change to the autocorrection list. close excel. search for *.acl and copy the one with the latest date. New pc. Open excel. Make a minor change to the autocorrection list. close excel. search for *.acl. Make note of the path/filename for that latest version of *.acl. Put the old pc's *.acl in that folder under that name. Then back to both pc's and clean up that minor change. whsaw2 wrote: > > I bouh...

Pivot table order and limit
I have recently noticed that when I have a pivot table using two row headers, one column header and one or more page headers I can order and limit one of the row headers using the count function. When I change the count to a sum the limit will not work. If I remove one of the column headers, it then allows me to limit the data to the specified number of rows (eg top 20). Very frustrating!! Does anybody have any insight that they could share with me? ...

help with pivot tables
I have created a spreadsheet which has multiple pivot tables the only problem is that my source data can contain anything from one item to fifty items therefore the pivot tables can overlap if two adjoining pivot table both contain alot of information, how do I solve this problem I want the pivot table when refreshed to insert and move everthing else either down or across plese help ...

Pivor Table Data Field
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C5A644.DE8D0D20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have tried to "show" a data field after using "hide" in field = settings. How can I make this reappear? Not using Field drop down = option. The fields orgin is from the excel list and not a calculated = fields. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C5A644.DE8D0D20 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC ...

Data Table #2
Hi All, Is it possible to display the Data Table on a Pie chart, as you can in a Bar chart. Excel 2003. Thanks, kfh. Hi, Simple answer, no. Instead create your own. For more information see Tushar's page, http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/data_table/index.htm Cheers Andy k f h wrote: > Hi All, > > Is it possible to display the Data Table on a Pie chart, as you can in a Bar > chart. > > Excel 2003. > > Thanks, > kfh. > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Hi Andy, Thanks for the link, is there any way to add the...

Pivot tables / source data
Is there a way to take a pivot table and copy and paste it into a new document so that the source data cannot be pulled up by the person looking at it? The reason I need to do this is because I have created a pivot table and included in the source data is very confidential information. I want to be able to send out JUST the actual pivot table, but I don't know how to do this without releasing all of the other information along with it. Is this even possible?? Have you tried doing <copy> (on the table), then moving the cursor to another sheet and Edit | Paste Special | Values (ch...

Find Duplicates in 10 tables
Hello! I have about 10 tables with address information for Christmas Cards. I want to see if there are any duplicate addresses in two or more tables. I found a few resources for just comparing two tables but I want to compare all of these tables. I attempted to make a query to contain all the records from all the databases and I was gonna run the duplicate query wizard on that query but I can't seem to get all the data to show up together. Can anyone help? I'm fairly new to Access so you might have to dumb it down for me. ^_^ Thanks for any help anyone can offer. Why would you have ...

Top of email list
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: imap when I'm searching for an email in a long list and I find it, how do I then get back to the top of the long list? Is there a command shortcut rather than scrolling or moving the bar on the right to the top? <br> Thanks, Mactopia is such a wonderful resource! On 2/16/10 4:19 PM, Peggy_F@officeformac.com wrote: > when I'm searching for an email in a long list and I find it, how do > I then get back to the top of the long list? Is there a command > shortcut rather than scrolling or...

Creating an autonumber ID field in a make table query?
Some time ago I asked this question and was told it couldn't be done. Well, I'm asking it again. I know there is no existing MS Access function to do this (using access 2003). Is it possible to create a function to do it? If yes please be specific. I don't know vba. About all I know about "modules" is that it's one of the "Objects" choices in the upper left. An Access "autonumber" field is just that ... Access automatically creates/assigns row identifiers. Instead of trying to get Access to do something it doesn't understand, could you ...

I make to write in a cell list validation?
I have a cell is ready of data but sometimes nees to write thing and not to use the smooth one sometimes and if but the book to use every month clean it and I return it to use. Since I make to write in a cell list validation? Carlos Hi Carlos I'm not very sure I understand what you want, but I'll give it a shot: For a custom list, go Data > Validation, "Allow: List" and in "Source" write something like Carlos,Harald,Jenny,Maria (use semicolons instead of commas if those are your regional list delimiters). To permit other entries than your list conte...

Address Lists Security Pane
Is there a tool that can change the security settings for an address list? (eks: an global adress list) You can off course do it manually > right click the address list > Properties > security pane. My understanding is that if you can do it manually you also can automate\script it somehow. This is going to be used in a hosting environment where each company has its own address list. I do not want to change the security setting on every address list manually. Regards K You'll probably want a tool that not only modifies the address lists but also creates it initially. This ...

Pivot table hidding zeros in sum of amount
Hi From the pivot table below are there any way of hiding the lines with the zeros in the total column. Sum of Amount Ap/Ar ID Product Total 152344 RFUOS 0.00 RFUUK -1,150.00 13632 RPPUK -702.50 15881 RFPUK -4,207.50 16631 RFPUK 0.00 18623 RPPUK 502.00 Grand Total -5,558.00 Thus the above table appearing as below, Sum of Amount Ap/Ar ID Product Total 152344 RFUUK -1,150.00 13632 RPPUK -702.50 15881 RFPUK -4,207.50 18623 RPPUK 502.00 Grand Total -5,558.00 Thanks. ...

is it posible to convert text in a table to a query with vba code
Hi All, i'm trying to convert a formula in a table to an SQL sentence,is it posible? On Nov 12, 4:51 pm, thread <yaniv...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > i'm trying to convert a formula in a table to an SQL sentence,is it > posible? Please post a sample of what you are trying to accomplish. Thanks! On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 13:51:03 -0800, thread <yaniv.dg@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi All, >i'm trying to convert a formula in a table to an SQL sentence,is it >posible? Probably. Depends on the formula and what you want to do with it. Care to give us a hand? ...

can a table be opened in access by todays date
Hi Can anyone point me in the right direction here, I would like to open a table in access 2003 by date. I have an asp web page which needs to read data from a table with each days today's date (which ever day that is) then a new table is created with today's date. Example: I have a table called 17-may-2007 my ASP page reads this table for 24hours then tomorrow (12:00 midnight 18th) I will have a new table called 18-may-2007 and the old table is left behind (As 17-may-2007) so I need my sql statement to automatically open table by today's date. This is what I have so far but it...

Pivot-table
Hi, I recently installed Excel 2007 and have encountered a major problem that is seriously affecting my work. When I open a pivot-table form from Access it now opens automatically with Excel 2007 as opposed to Excel 2003 (as before). This in itself wouldn't be a problem except that when I update the pivot-table and save a copy I cannot access the saved copy before I close the pivot-table. The saved copy then won't let me open it because it has errors. It may be related to the warning Excel 2007 gives when trying to save as xls instead of xlsx. This problem is made worse by...

Marketing Lists Contact Lookup
Is there any way to change the query in the Marketing List Contact lookup page (Manage Members) to show only the "Active" contacts? Currently when we create a marketing list and go to add members the merged records that have been deactivated AND the active records show up in the results making it hard to choose the correct one. Thank you, dph You can use the advanced find option and pick the "Active Contacts" view. I agree that the normal search shouldn't include the deactivated members though. -- Michael http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 -----------------------...

Merge two lists for side by side comparison #2
I've attached a .jpg to the original message. I basically want to merg my two lists based upon a unique identifier but want to maintain th original coluumns of data associated with each idenitfier. I'v entered as text below but I think it gets garbled when submitted t forum. List A identifier Qty Cost 1 5 3.99 2 5 3.99 3 5 4.5 4 10 4.5 5 10 5 List B Identifier Qty Cost 1 5 3.99 2 5 4.5 3 5 4.5 6 5 3.99 8 5 3.99 Combined...

Analysing Percentages in Pivot tables in Excel 2003
We have a pivot table in excel the source data holds a column that has been formulated to return a percentage answer, the result in the pivot table is not constant with the source data. Is it possible to use a pivot table to analyse percentages? Hi Carolyne Yes, you can analyse % values in a PT. In what way is the PT report not consistent with your source data? -- Regards Roger Govier "Carolyne" <Carolyne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA8EE56D-0F47-4482-BA76-D8B75D34D11B@microsoft.com... > We have a pivot table in excel the source data holds a...

How can I create a monthly calender as a drop down list in excel?
I am trying to add different dates into excel and would like to select dates from a drop down caleder rather than type it in. Basically create the same method as when you book flights on the internet. You might want to take a look at Ron de Bruin's site for some tips/code/free calendar control: http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Sarah Guest wrote: > > I am trying to add different dates into excel and would like to select dates > from a drop down caleder rather than type it in. Basically create the same > method as when you book flights on the internet. -- Dave Peters...