Smart List problem

I recently re-installed a client (version 9.0). Everything went fine but when
we tried to open Smartlist on this client we got an error message telling us
that “To use Smartlist capability in this product the Smartlist tables must
be built. This is one time initialization process and may take a few minutes”.

I answered yes, it ran and then returned the following error “number of
columns does not match table definitions”.

Every other machine is working fine, is the tables it is talking about
building on the client? It does not seem like that should be so.  It does not
matter if the user is sa, still no Smartlist functionality.  Also the service
packs on all machines are the same.

Have you tried to reinstall the application, it might be a dictionary
corruption? If yes validate your language in regional and language options,
it also might be a collation conflict.
--
Regards,
--

"Tom S" <TomS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I recently re-installed a client (version 9.0). Everything went fine but
> when
> we tried to open Smartlist on this client we got an error message telling
> us
> that “To use Smartlist capability in this product the Smartlist tables
> must
> be built. This is one time initialization process and may take a few
> minutes”.
>
> I answered yes, it ran and then returned the following error “number of
> columns does not match table definitions”.
>
> Every other machine is working fine, is the tables it is talking about
> building on the client? It does not seem like that should be so.  It does
> not
> matter if the user is sa, still no Smartlist functionality.  Also the
> service
> packs on all machines are the same.

0
Mohammad

Problem with post callout
Hi. I'm able to create files on the server as response to accounts being created in CRM. However, I'm not able to load other .NET assemblies or applications from the same component. Any idea why? Are those other assemblies strong named? If not, you either need to make them strong named or create a wrapper. I know you can do this with a utility, but don't have the steps handy. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 07:21:02 -0700, "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Drop-down Lists and Worksheet Protection
In Excell 2000 I could set "Validate/Drop down List" for a protected cell and when the worksheet was protected the cell could be "edited" using the drop-down list but not otherwise. Moreover, contents of the cell could be changed but not cleared. Try as I may I can't sem to achieve the same in Excell 2003. Any one have a solution? In Excel 2000, you can select from a data validation list if the source was a worksheet range, but not if the source was a delimited list. In Excel 2003, neither is allowed on a protected sheet. Perhaps you could use a combo box, instea...

Outlook problems after WinXP updates
I installed critical updates for Windows XP on my laptop Wednesday. Nowmy Outlook hangs and I am unable to send new messages or reply to messages while using VPN. Any ideas? Suggestions? ...

Find a value in list 2 that is not in list 1
I have text values in column A and also in column B, most of which match. I would like to take the values in column B that are not in column A and put those values only in column C. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Maxxwell, Put this formula in column C, and copy down. =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(B2,$A$2:$A$20,0)),B2,"") To get them contiguous, use Autofilter, filter on nonblanks in column C, and copy/paste to somewhere. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "maxxwell2" <maxxwell2@discussions.microsof...

I am having problems with "Calendar"
Hi all I'm trying to make a calendar that cycles (January February March etc.) starting from 2010 to when ever in MS Publisher. I have Calendar Creator by Broudbund that does this but whenever I converted to a PDF file, the file for each month is a little under 5 MB (I think because it is created as a JPEG file) which is not good for my application. Whenever I convert the MS Publisher "Calendar" to a PDF file it runs about 72 kB. But I haven't figured out how to sequence the program where it will automatically make a calendar page for each month while carrying o...

OWA display problem
Our Outlook is performing normally when accessed internally. When accessing by way of OWA, however, we can see the headers, but cannot open the message. We can compose new messages and send them. We cannot see the message body in a preview pane. Any ideas? Steve, It sounds like you might have URLScan installed on the OWA server. Please have a look at the following article to see if it is relevant. 320089 XCCC: The URLScan Utility Does Not Allow You to Open Messages in OWA http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320089 Hope this helps. -- Greg Mansius [MSFT] This posting is provided &...

Problems with the installation
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Had a copy of Mac:Office 12.0.0, but couldn't ever upgrade it successfully. Finally bought another copy (digital download) of 12.1.6 to install - had already moved the other to a 'safe location'. The install completes successfully, however, when attempting to open any of the Office programs I get the following error: "A problem has been detected with the Microsoft Office installation." and "try running the Office Installer again to resolve the problem". I have run the installer four add...

Inserting Rows Problem
Hi there, I have a list of about 2000 rows. However, in between each of thes rows I want to insert a blank row that can be used for people to writ in once the list is printed off. Is there a quick way to do this? Kind regards Andre -- andyp16 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- andyp161's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1165 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26611 If you insert rows it will affect sorting, etc. and be a real pain. Many posts here want to delete blank rows ...

Problem consuming a webservice
Hello all. I have a problem I cannot figure out. I have an ASp.NET we app that receives names of bible books. I get an "*Illegal character in path*" error. My codes look like this: net.webservicex.www.BibleWebservice ws = ne net.webservicex.www.BibleWebservice(); dsBible.ReadXml(ws.GetBookTitles()); <----------this is where th error is DataGrid1.DataSource = dsBible; DataGrid1.DataBind(); Now, if I save the contents into a xml text file, my datagrid render the data fine. My suspicion is the webmethod is sending me escap sequences (CR, LF, etc..) and if its saves onto a text f...

Importing Data From Access Problem
I'm trying to import some query results from MS Access into Excel using the Import External Data function. Some of the queries are coming across OK, others are only bringing the column headers across and some are bringing partial data. Does anyone have any ideas why this may be happening? Thanks Helena ...

Public Folder replication problems Exchange 2003
We have two Exchange 2003 sites between which we replicate some public folders. This was working fine until recently, when one folder stopped replicating in one direction - i.e. postings made to the replica appear in the original folder, but not vice-versa. At the same time we started receiving numerous 1110 Events: Error 0x4ed occurred while writing per-user information for a.user@company.co.uk on database "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store (SERVER)". The event is repeated multiple times - I assume once for each user, though I haven't actually checked. If neces...

Active sync problem in wince5.0 when de-activate "Enable KITL" in release mode
Hi, My Usb fucntion driver with active sync support in wince 5.0 is working fine with de-activate "Enable KITL" support in debug mode. By de-activate "Enable KITL" in RELEASE mode, active sync is not working. Any idea ? Regards - D. Does it work if you Enable KITL in a release build? Do you have ActiveSync included in your release build? What are you using as your default USBF client? Check your COM ports, the COMx x number may have changed. -- Bruce Eitman (eMVP) Senior Engineer Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/brucee...

Namespace problem
I've the following code, taken from http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnexxml/html/xml02172003.asp to select a node from RSS file. However, I'm always getting a null returning for the SelectSingleNode(), why? if(feed.DocumentElement.LocalName.Equals("RDF") && feed.DocumentElement.NamespaceURI.Equals("http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-s yntax-ns#")) { NamespaceUri = "http://purl.org/rss/1.0/"; } else if(feed.DocumentElement.LocalName.Equals("rss")) { NamespaceUri = feed.DocumentElement.NamespaceURI; } ...

Integration manager VBScript email problem
I am doing something wrong with my Document Error script and I can't pinpoint the problem. This script should send an email when a document error is encountered with a link to the log file (I would really rather send the file as an attachemnt, but I was never able to get it to work so this is the second best option). Everything with this script works until I add the file link in the objMessage.HTMLBody. It will send the message, however, the message just says "False". Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thank you! 'Set path to the log files Set pFSO = ...

problems with right click in Office
When I click and/or right click on a Word or Excel file, it takes a loooong time to open. Once you open excel sheet and use "OPEN", it will quickly open. Help please -- neally When you click on a document Windows has to translate the file extension into the application. This might be a windows problem or a problem with how Excel was installed. Let's assume it's not and try looking at the article I found online. It's generally better to work with what you've got then start from scratch.. http://www.smartcomputing.com/Editorial/article.asp?article=articles/2...

Distribution Lists #8
How can I keep recipient'e email addresses hidden from other recipients after sending an email to the distribution list containing the recipients? >How can I keep recipient'e email addresses hidden from >other recipients after sending an email to the >distribution list containing the recipients? Put the distribution list in the Bcc field, not the To field. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doe...

Formula Problem
Hi I'm struggling with a formula in an excel sheet I'm working on. I recently created a time sheet for the people in my work. One person however get public holidays a different method from everyone else - she only gets half a working day. My initial formula that works fine is =IF(OR(B12="A/L",B12="S/L",B12="P/H"),7/24,IF(B12="FLEXI",0,C12-B12- D12)) My ammended ones is =IF(OR(B12="A/L",B12="S/L"),7/24,IF(B12="P/H",3.5/24),IF(B12="FLEXI", 0,C12-B12-D12)) However it doesn't want to w...

Filtering problem
Hi everybody, it`s my first posting on this forum. My colleague made a document in Excel 2000 and when I tried to open i it was unpossible to open the filterin option /it was visiable, bu clicking on the option was without any results/. The same thing was o the other computer, but on her`s everything was working perfectly well What do you think about it ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creati...

PLEASE HELP
Hi, In Outlook small business 2007, when I press Tasks or To Do List, It causes outlook to not respond and closes down. Please Help Me. Kara This is the obv. but have you try to repair OL, its under your help Item on your menu bar my 2 cents "Kara Johnson" wrote: > Hi, > In Outlook small business 2007, when I press Tasks or To Do List, It causes > outlook to not respond and closes down. > Please Help Me. ...

Delete duplicate rows from a list in Excel
Hi, Below are instructions on how to "delete duplicate rows from a list in Excel". I learned about this tip from the Microsoft Office Assistant website. However, each time I try step 4, my list is not filtered and no records are hidden. Is there a secret I am missing to make this work? Thanks for your help! -Greg http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010346261033.aspx Applies to Microsoft Office Excel 2003 Microsoft Excel 2002 A duplicate row (also called a record) in a list is one where all values in the row are an exact match of all the values in another row. To delet...

?problems printing from certain browsers
On my laptop with Vista Home Premium I had not used any physical printers or their software, but did use a few print-to-pdf programs for printing to files. Recently I installed (a)software so it could access two (identical)Epson printers I have always used with my PC. All of the printing goes well as long as I print from a Windows Explorer file with Notebook-type apps, and probably Irfanview as well. But when I am online with IE7 or Firefox and click to print something from a webpage nothing works, not even my print-to-pdf anymore -- instead I get an error saying the browser...

Import List of Email Addresses from Access
Is there a way to populate a distribution list in Outlook from a table field in Access? Thanks in advance, Claudette ...

IF formula problem
I need to add categories to a downloaded bank statement. I would use something like Pascal's CASE formula: CASE(lookup value)= a: do x b: do y c: do z etc... Excel doesn't have such formula. Therefore, I use the following nested IF formula: =IF(ISERROR(SEARCH('Netbank Cat names'!$A$2,B73)),IF(ISERROR(SEARCH('Netbank Cat names'!$A$3,B73)),IF(ISERROR(SEARCH('Netbank Cat names'!$A$4,B73)),IF(ISERROR(SEARCH('Netbank Cat names'!$A$5,B73)),IF(ISERROR(SEARCH('Netbank Cat names'!$A$6,B73)),IF(ISERROR(SEARCH('Netbank Cat names'!$A$7,B73)),"&...

Exch2003 Post SP2 OWA Problem
Hi folks, I'm dealing with an OWA problem that occured after upgrading the Exchange 2003 front end server to SP2. The domain is a multi-site domain. The front end server is using HTTPS encryption. The backend server that I am trying to connect to is also running Exch2003 SP2. The mailbox is located on the backend server. There are other Exch2003 SP2 boxes at other sites that can be logged onto via OWA. However, there are multiple sites with Exch2003 SP2 boxes that cannot be logged onto. I have ensured that the mailbox can be accessed internally from the server that it is loc...

Sum problem #3
Hi all. I have this strange problem : first of all I have EUROPEAN setting, I mean that : 2000000,00 = two millions 2,40 = two + 4 tens if I put 2000000.00 ( look i write 0.00 and not 0,00 this is an error 2000000.00 is not a number ) in cell A1 if I put 2,40 in A2 and in A3 i set A3 = SUM(A1,A2) i have no error but a sum = 2,40. If i change 2000000.00 in 2000000,00 the sum in correct : 2000012.00 My concern is about the wrong sum, if I have an Excel Sheet built from some erxternal program ( Host program as example) I can have wrong sums WITHOUT WARNING. Can someone explain ...