Smart List problem

I recently re-installed a client (version 9.0). Everything went fine but when
we tried to open Smartlist on this client we got an error message telling us
that “To use Smartlist capability in this product the Smartlist tables must
be built. This is one time initialization process and may take a few minutes”.

I answered yes, it ran and then returned the following error “number of
columns does not match table definitions”.

Every other machine is working fine, is the tables it is talking about
building on the client? It does not seem like that should be so.  It does not
matter if the user is sa, still no Smartlist functionality.  Also the service
packs on all machines are the same.

Have you tried to reinstall the application, it might be a dictionary
corruption? If yes validate your language in regional and language options,
it also might be a collation conflict.
--
Regards,
--

"Tom S" <TomS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I recently re-installed a client (version 9.0). Everything went fine but
> when
> we tried to open Smartlist on this client we got an error message telling
> us
> that “To use Smartlist capability in this product the Smartlist tables
> must
> be built. This is one time initialization process and may take a few
> minutes”.
>
> I answered yes, it ran and then returned the following error “number of
> columns does not match table definitions”.
>
> Every other machine is working fine, is the tables it is talking about
> building on the client? It does not seem like that should be so.  It does
> not
> matter if the user is sa, still no Smartlist functionality.  Also the
> service
> packs on all machines are the same.

0
Mohammad

Some Contacts List messages going into Junk Mail folder
My wife and I use the same computer, and we have our separate email addresses set up in WLM. We also share the Contacts folder. Starting about a month or two ago, many of the messages from my wife's friends, who are in our Contacts folder, have been going repeatedly into her Junk Mail folder. Even clicking of the Not Junk option has failed to stem this flow. I have not had this experience with my email messages. What might we be missing in our setup? Gordon Biggar Hotmail type accounts for both email addresses ? - Hotmail.com, Live.com, Msn.com *Note: All Hotmai...

Problems installing Office 2004
I used a trial version of Office 2004 in my MacBook until it expired. I few days ago I bought I licensed Office 2004 - Student and teacher edition and tried to install it in the MacBook. I deleted the previous version by dragging all Office folder to trash. I inserted the CD but could not install using the installer since it did not appear active, so I copied the whole Office folder to the Applications. After this I tried to open an Office application, but no one opened. I tried to remove Office using the removal tool but that also did not open. Any suggestions of what should I do? ASPer...

Can I add a domain to the Blocked Senders list?
I am just getting used to Outlook 2003 and trying to make use of the SP{AM filter. I see that when I right click on a message that one of the options id to add a sender to the "Blocked Senders List" Is there a way that I can also include the option to block a domain? Thanks Dunc Dunc wrote: > Is there a way that I can also include the option to block a domain? There is an easy way, if you're running Outlook 2003+SP1. Dunc wrote: > Is there a way that I can also include the option to block a domain? Right-click on any e-mail, choose (menu) Junk Mail, Junk Mail...

Discount Lists 01-28-05
Hey all, First time posting here! Have an issue with a discount list not applying to a Price List Item. It seems to be applied to the PLI, but when I bring up a quote, and say order 5 of something, they are still at the same unit price as if I ordered 1. Is there another place where I need to define the discount list? Also, is there a good CRM site that lists some FAQs or just a good site on CRM? Thanks! Michael Hi Michael When you open the discount price item under the price list is the discount list specified here? Thats quite a tongue twister! To answer your query on other ...

Locking a Marketing List
I can't find any information about what it means to Lock a marketing list. I've searched the KB, the web, the Help, and the marketing automation training materials, but have not found any references to this and how it's used. What does this mean? Steve, Flagging a Marketing List as "locked" turns off the Manage Members functionality. It prevents you from being able to use the Advanced Find controls for adding, removing and evaluating marketing list members from the marketing list screens as well as selecting records from a list view and adding them to that list. Ho...

HTML spreadsheet problem
Hi, I have created a spreadsheet with Excel and have saved it to a HTML format to be browsed on the web. All works fine but the formatting has not been taken to the HTML version, and I have some fields that have capital letters in the HTML version that are small characters in the Excel format? Not really sure how this is possible? I have the same problem in reverse: internet pages opened in Excel are all fouled up. I think its due to the filters, the components that turn one sort of file into another. Sometimes, updating your filters will work. First, you might want to make sure that you...

CFileDialog drives me insane. Handle Problem ?
Hi, i want to communicate some strange Problems i have with CFileDialog. Hope someone can push in the right direction. 1. Problem: CFileDialog FileDlg(true); INT_PTR nResponse = FileDlg.DoModal(); if (nResponse == IDOK){}else{return;} LPSTR file = FileDlg.GetFileName().GetBuffer(); LPSTR folderPath = FileDlg.GetPathName().GetBuffer(); ULONGLONG fSize = GetFileSizeInByte(fileUrl.GetBuffer()); long GetFileSizeInByte(const char* sFileName) { std::ifstream f; f.open(sFileName, std::ios_base::binary | std::ios_base::in); if (f.eof()) { return 0; } if (!f.good()) { return -1; } ...

OWA logon problem #4
Hello all, here's my problem: Exchange 2003 with SP1 on Win2003 SP1 on a two-node-cluster. If the Clusterresource HTTP-Server restartet (after boot, crash or failover) nobody can logon to OWA because HTTP-Error 500 (Internal Server Error). After an administrator logged on via OWA (yes, he can !) all the other users can use OWA because they can log on now. Any idea ? Regards Ralf ...

storing multiple list selections in access
i have 2 tables, table a and table b. is it possibile for a control bound to table a (a list box, with multiple selections eneabled) to be able to select multiple records from table b, and store them? i.e. table A record 1 has table B records 1,2,3,4,8,12, and so on selected while Table A record 2 only has table B records 3, 8 and 15 selected, and so on.. is there some way to store those selections within table A? for those curious, i'm making a character sheet for an RPG.. table A is the actual sheet, while B is the list of spells.. i'm looking for a way to store which spells each ...

How to find a value with multi-column, multi-record list
I have a spreadsheet with $costs arranged according to values in both rows and columns. How do I create drop down lists for both the rows and columns and then return the cell value? eg if I have 5 rows (2-6) and 6 columns (B-G) with costs arranged in each cell within this group how do I create drop downs for each selection, 2-6 and B-G, and return the value to a selected cell. In a typical table of this nature there would be descriptive row and column headers. To do a lookup on this table you would then look for the intersection of a specific row header and a specific column ...

Stationery Problem with ImageMaps OL2K / 2K2
Good Evening All, Thanks in advance for your responses. I'm developing a pretty simple stationery for a customer. Basically it's a three row table with images used as headers and footers. The footer image has 7 e-mail addresses on it and I setup a simple inline imagemap to facilitate hyperlinking. All good so far. Note that I developed the page in Notepad, and tested it using Outlook 2000 SR-1. I've sent the e-mail friends and colleagues who also use Outlook, Thunderbird, Eudora, Opera, and others. They everybody was able to utilize the imagemap links... except the custom...

Problem with a date and concatenation
I got some data out of one of our in house databases and it comes out as 01/022206, for example..a missing second "/" (we need to FIX that damn databse too) I have thousands of these rows, and I need to do some analyses by date, so I need a correct date. So I was going to use text to columns> fixed width and separate the 01/02 from the 2006, then I would concatenate with (replacing the actual contents with the cell name of course) ="01/02"&"/"&"2006" But when I do the text to columns, I get the 2006 but I I don't get 01/02.. I get a...

MX/DNS problem in Exchange
One of my users (on SBS 2003) has intermittent problems sending mail to a particular user elsewhere. After some research, I found out that the recipient's mail mail servers were moved from one domain hosting provider to a new domain provider, but they left their website (xxx) & domain hosting (.com) with the existing domain provider. So... the recipient's domain, abc.com correctly resolves to an IP address at the old provider, 123.com. I can nslookup or ping abc.com, and it correctly resolves to the old IP address. However, the MX records (as tested externally via a websit...

problems compiling xsd in .Net 2003
Hi, I have an .xsd document (Inc_B.xsd) that "includes" two more from the same folder: <xs:include schemaLocation="Inc.xsd" /> <xs:include schemaLocation="Inc_A.xsd" /> They all have the same targetNamespace="http://tempuri.org/Inc.xsd" xmlns:ir="http://tempuri.org/Inc.xsd" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" When I try to use xsd utility from .Net command prompt to compile Inc_B.xsd - I receive the following error: Could not find file '\Inc_B folder\Inc.xsd'. I need to assign 'Inc_B.xsd'...

Problem with Outlook e-mail after installing Microsoft Publisher
I have not been able to send e-mails from Outlook after installing Microsoft Publisher. Any suggestions on how to remedy this sotuation? Are you getting an error? Is Outlook working okay through other programs? The Send This Page as Message command is not available when you click Send E-mail on the File menu in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884425 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Techblues" <Techblues@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCCE2A75-8...

Excel 2000
Hi! *First off:* I have created a spreadsheet that has a dynamic range an data validation. *Next:* i know i can add options to the 'dynamic range' and my dro down menu will add the option to its list. *Problem:* How can I make it so the user can add data into th validated data list/drop down menu rather than having the user addin it into the dynamic range? *Example:*this drop down menu indicates how often a system is updated weekly, monthly, etc. etc... i don't want to restrict it, so i want t make it so they can indicate their own time on how often those update occur. TIA -...

problems printing from MS Office Picture Manager
Operating System is Vista. When running MS Office Picture Manager (Office 2007) drop down option pulls up other printers (which work and MS XPS doc writer or install new printer. Install printer works up to and including print test page which prints normally. Like I said it pulls up the other printers and works with everything but MS office picture manager. Is there a way to associate the printer with MSOPM Have you tried right-clicking on any picture and then selecting "open with" method? This would allow you to associate all pictures to open in MSOPM when you cli...

Data entered from list automatically enters number in another cell
I am using Excel 2007 and here is an simplified example of what I need. Items Price Potatoes 4.35 Apples 5.55 Oranges 7.95 Onions 4.55 Carrots 3.75 Items Column is List for Valid entries in table below Prices are the numbers I want entered when I enter the Item If I enter Oranges from Dropdown List in A16 , I want Excel to automatically enter the number 7.95 3 columns over in D16,or if it is quite a bit easier, just 1 column over in cell B16 Example of table I want: My Entries: Excel Enters ...

Browser Problems in Windows XP
I am having problems getting Microsoft Explorer to work in installations of Windows XP. In some installations it works just fine and in some it will begin to go to the web site and then the window closes with no error. Has anyone experienced this problem before? I can log in with all the user accounts from any windows 98 computer using the same browser version. Thanks for any help. Eric Davison wrote: > I am having problems getting Microsoft Explorer to work in > installations of Windows XP. In some installations it > works just fine and in some it will begin to go to the ...

Problem with CHKDSK
Hi When I run CHKDSK it gets a pass with /i but it hangs at the reboot with /f and /x and it says "CHKDSK is verifying indexes (Stage 2) 0 percent complete" and I have to reboot. I have a Seagate disk drive. I downloaded and ran Seatools for windows and got a pass on Long Drive Self Test. So I can assume that the disk is OK. The utility is read only it does not do any repair. I tried to do an Avast anti-virus scan but it stops before completing the scan and the computer has to be rebooted. Disk cleanup also freezes the computer Any idea of what I could do...

imported distributions lists show as contacts
Client exported his Contacts containing several Distribution Lists, then imported into a new system. Teh imported DL's show up as separate Contact Lists...how, why, and more importantly, is there a simplified way to correct? Version of Outlook they were exported from and imported into? How did you import them? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net ...

Windows Live ID Problems
I have been using Money 2006 for the last 2 years. Since the online updates stopped as of 9/1/08, I was prompted to download a new version. I downloaded and installed MS Money Plus 2008. When I attempt to log in using my Windows Live ID and password I get the following error: "The email address or password is incorrect. Please try again." I never had this problem with the older version. My Windows Live ID and password work fine on this website and when I go to the main passport website. I am using Windows XP Home Edition, and have been for the last 5+ years. I have re-...

Sorting lists side by side to match variables
Hello everyone, I have a problem that I need to find a solution for. I have a list o all the stores with a particular trait that carry my at least one of m items. Then, I have a list for each item with all the stores tha carry that particular item. What I want to do is sort this data s that the store numbers under each item are matched up with th corresponding store numbers in the master store list. I'll give you a example of the problem. Here is what the data looks like now: Master Item 1 Item 2 Item 3 Item 4 1 2 3 1 3 2 4 2 4 3 4 4 And here is what I would like it to look...

SP3 Problem
Ever since I installed SP3 for Office XP, I have been getting the following error - "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" I get this error only when I use Word as my email editor. Hence what is happening is that Outlook thinks that Word is a rogue program trying to send unauthorized emails. My question is, is there a way to prevent this - a whitelist of programs for example? Ajit Disable the PDFMaker addin. (See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems for details on how to do this.) "Aj...

Problem with KB982526 Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Update for
If I install this update and then reboot my computer freezes right after the boot screen animation... The only way I can get my system back is to boot safe mode and uninstall the update.... Tried this three times, twice thru windows updates, once with the downloaded update files from microsoft I'm running Win7 ultimate x64 HELP! HOW TO Hide an [Optional, non-security] Update... http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/24376-windows-update-hide-restore-hidden-updates.html Tim S wrote: > If I install this update and then reboot my computer freezes right after > the...