Smart List Export to Excel - dates will not work with "Month" func

When I export smart list data to an Excel Spreadsheet, I cannot use the month
function on date fields.  They look like dates, and have serial numbers like
dates, but the function returns  01-04-1900 instead of the month.  Is this an
Excel issue or an issue with date fromatting from samrt lists?

thanks
--
Bob G

Bob,

What versions of GP and Excel?  I just tried it on my GP 9.0 SP 2 and Excel
2007 - dumped a bunch of Account Transaction lines to Excel, and the MONTH
function worked correctly......

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Bob Gunderson" <BobGunderson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I export smart list data to an Excel Spreadsheet, I cannot use the
> month
> function on date fields.  They look like dates, and have serial numbers
> like
> dates, but the function returns  01-04-1900 instead of the month.  Is this
> an
> Excel issue or an issue with date fromatting from samrt lists?
>
> thanks
> --
> Bob G

0
victoria (3340)
1/8/2008 5:37:30 PM
Dynamics GP is version 9, Excel is 2003, SP2
--
Bob G

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Bob,
>
> What versions of GP and Excel?  I just tried it on my GP 9.0 SP 2 and Excel
> 2007 - dumped a bunch of Account Transaction lines to Excel, and the MONTH
> function worked correctly......
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
>

> "Bob Gunderson" <BobGunderson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I export smart list data to an Excel Spreadsheet, I cannot use the
> > month
> > function on date fields.  They look like dates, and have serial numbers
> > like
> > dates, but the function returns  01-04-1900 instead of the month.  Is this
> > an
> > Excel issue or an issue with date fromatting from samrt lists?
> >
> > thanks
> > --
> > Bob G

Bob,

I just tried it on a different install of GP 9 (also SP 2)  and Excel 2003
SP 2 - month function worked again.

When you said SP 2 - was that for Excel or GP?
Also, what SmartList and column are you exporting, maybe it is specific to
that SmartList?  Can you try it with the Trx Date in the Account
Transactions SmartList?

--

> Dynamics GP is version 9, Excel is 2003, SP2
> --
> Bob G
>

> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Bob,
>>
>> What versions of GP and Excel?  I just tried it on my GP 9.0 SP 2 and
>> Excel
>> 2007 - dumped a bunch of Account Transaction lines to Excel, and the
>> MONTH
>> function worked correctly......
>>
>> --
>> Victoria Yudin
>> Dynamics GP MVP
>> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
>>

>> "Bob Gunderson" <BobGunderson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When I export smart list data to an Excel Spreadsheet, I cannot use the
>> > month
>> > function on date fields.  They look like dates, and have serial numbers
>> > like
>> > dates, but the function returns  01-04-1900 instead of the month.  Is
>> > this
>> > an
>> > Excel issue or an issue with date fromatting from samrt lists?
>> >
>> > thanks
>> > --
>> > Bob G

0
victoria (3340)
1/8/2008 6:57:03 PM
You need to reformat the column to be a Number. In your example, I would bet
the month is April, hence a 4 is returned in the MONTH function. If  the
column is formatted as a date, '4' will return 1/4/1900.

--
Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO

"Bob Gunderson" wrote:

> Dynamics GP is version 9, Excel is 2003, SP2
> --
> Bob G
>

> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Bob,
> >
> > What versions of GP and Excel?  I just tried it on my GP 9.0 SP 2 and Excel
> > 2007 - dumped a bunch of Account Transaction lines to Excel, and the MONTH
> > function worked correctly......
> >
> > --
> > Victoria Yudin
> > Dynamics GP MVP
> > Flexible Solutions, Inc.
> >

> > "Bob Gunderson" <BobGunderson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > When I export smart list data to an Excel Spreadsheet, I cannot use the
> > > month
> > > function on date fields.  They look like dates, and have serial numbers
> > > like
> > > dates, but the function returns  01-04-1900 instead of the month.  Is this
> > > an
> > > Excel issue or an issue with date fromatting from samrt lists?
> > >
> > > thanks
> > > --
> > > Bob G

0
Bud (544)
1/8/2008 7:32:04 PM
  I ran out a few transactions per Vctoria's request.

The cell shows 12/31/2007, the edit box shows:
=DATE(2006,12,31)

Using the month function on this cell brings back:
 01-12-1900.

So then I did a copy and paste special/paste values on the date field to
make it a hard date and the Month formula still returned 01-12-1900, so there
seems to be a link between the month in the first cell and the day in the
second cell.

Then I reformatted the cells as numbers, which gave me 39082, which i
believe is somewhere near the correct serial number, and the formula still
returns 01-12-1900.

Nothing I do gives me a month either in numerical or alpha form.
--
Bob G

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Bob,
>
> I just tried it on a different install of GP 9 (also SP 2)  and Excel 2003
> SP 2 - month function worked again.
>
> When you said SP 2 - was that for Excel or GP?
> Also, what SmartList and column are you exporting, maybe it is specific to
> that SmartList?  Can you try it with the Trx Date in the Account
> Transactions SmartList?
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
>

> "Bob Gunderson" <BobGunderson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Dynamics GP is version 9, Excel is 2003, SP2
> > --
> > Bob G
> >

> > "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Bob,
> >>
> >> What versions of GP and Excel?  I just tried it on my GP 9.0 SP 2 and
> >> Excel
> >> 2007 - dumped a bunch of Account Transaction lines to Excel, and the
> >> MONTH
> >> function worked correctly......
> >>
> >> --
> >> Victoria Yudin
> >> Dynamics GP MVP
> >> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
> >>

> >> "Bob Gunderson" <BobGunderson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Right click on the cell and format as a date.   Use Excel as TEXT((C3),"mmm"
) and that will show Jan, Feb etc.

You can also format as a number and go

MONTH(MID(C3,5,2))

Jim

"Bob Gunderson" wrote:

>   I ran out a few transactions per Vctoria's request.
>
> The cell shows 12/31/2007, the edit box shows:
> =DATE(2006,12,31)
>
> Using the month function on this cell brings back:
>  01-12-1900.
>
> So then I did a copy and paste special/paste values on the date field to
> make it a hard date and the Month formula still returned 01-12-1900, so there
> seems to be a link between the month in the first cell and the day in the
> second cell.
>
> Then I reformatted the cells as numbers, which gave me 39082, which i
> believe is somewhere near the correct serial number, and the formula still
> returns 01-12-1900.
>
> Nothing I do gives me a month either in numerical or alpha form.
> --
> Bob G
>

> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Bob,
> >
> > I just tried it on a different install of GP 9 (also SP 2)  and Excel 2003
> > SP 2 - month function worked again.
> >
> > When you said SP 2 - was that for Excel or GP?
> > Also, what SmartList and column are you exporting, maybe it is specific to
> > that SmartList?  Can you try it with the Trx Date in the Account
> > Transactions SmartList?
> >
> > --
> > Victoria Yudin
> > Dynamics GP MVP
> > Flexible Solutions, Inc.
> >

> > "Bob Gunderson" <BobGunderson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Dynamics GP is version 9, Excel is 2003, SP2
> > > --
> > > Bob G

0
JimHummer (81)
1/8/2008 9:53:04 PM
Bob,

I think the issue may be the format of the RESULT cell, as Bud says.  I am
typing my formula in a new, unformatted cell, so for example:

- The date itself, which is 11/17/2003, is in cell B2, edit box shows
=DATE(2003,11,17)
- I go to cell G2, which is currently blank, and type in =MONTH(B2)
- The result in cell G2 is 11
- If I change the format of cell G2 to date, it shows 01/11/1900
- If I change it back to number, it shows 11

Hope that helps.

--

>  I ran out a few transactions per Vctoria's request.
>
> The cell shows 12/31/2007, the edit box shows:
> =DATE(2006,12,31)
>
> Using the month function on this cell brings back:
> 01-12-1900.
>
> So then I did a copy and paste special/paste values on the date field to
> make it a hard date and the Month formula still returned 01-12-1900, so
> there
> seems to be a link between the month in the first cell and the day in the
> second cell.
>
> Then I reformatted the cells as numbers, which gave me 39082, which i
> believe is somewhere near the correct serial number, and the formula still
> returns 01-12-1900.
>
> Nothing I do gives me a month either in numerical or alpha form.
> --
> Bob G
>

> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Bob,
>>
>> I just tried it on a different install of GP 9 (also SP 2)  and Excel
>> 2003
>> SP 2 - month function worked again.
>>
>> When you said SP 2 - was that for Excel or GP?
>> Also, what SmartList and column are you exporting, maybe it is specific
>> that SmartList?  Can you try it with the Trx Date in the Account
>> Transactions SmartList?
>>
>> --
>> Victoria Yudin
>> Dynamics GP MVP
>> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
>>

>> "Bob Gunderson" <BobGunderson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Dynamics GP is version 9, Excel is 2003, SP2
>> > --
>> > Bob G

0
victoria (3340)

popup calendar with multiple months
I currently have popup calender in Excel to fill in cells with the date. I would like to be able to view 3 months at a time How can I change my set up to allow this. ...

how to get week number in month in excel ?
how to get week number in month in excel ? try this url http://www.cpearson.com/excel/weeknum.htm solutions of pracatially all problem have been solved by the MVPs. you have only do google search. ikin <ikin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82822039-620E-4C09-BA03-5892C14BF129@microsoft.com... > how to get week number in month in excel ? If you mean the week within the month (i.e., week 1 always starts on the first of a month), then use =INT((day(x)-1)/7)+1 where x is the XL date of interest. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint,...

Conference Room Free/Busy time stuck at 2 months
Platform: Exchange 2003 sp1/Office2003 Ad2003 All, I have 30 conference rooms that do not publish more than two months of their calander. I have logged into each one of them and set their free/busy options to 12 months and they do change to 12 months, but they then return back to 2 months after a short while. I also have about 8 users that are "Conference Room Admins" that have full access to them and I have requested that they change their free/busy time to 12 months. Which they did. This did not make a difference. I also use www.swinc.com's ERM (exchange resource manag...

Need ideas to randomize list monthly?
Have a list of our plants in cells A1-A17. I want to randomize the order in which the plants appear each month. Is there a fundction that will do this, or am I stuck randomizing them manually??? Julius Check out the ideas at Random Selection http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/rand_selection/index.html -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <741378FE-3409-47CF-9C7A-44A4307DF687@microsoft.com>, Julius@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Have a list of our plants i...

Sorting Month-Year in Query
I have a field in my table which holds month/year (Ex: jan-10) I am trying to sort this field in ascending order. But when i sort the column it is sorting in alphabetical order(Apr,Feb, Jan...) instead of sorting by Jan, Feb , Mar and so on. Purpose of my query is... i'm calculating running total of the sales revenue for all the months. You should be storing a real date value or numeric month and year vlaue(s). If you can't change the field, then hopefully you have been consistent with your values so you can create a date. For instance, you can add "28-" &a...

Convert Text to Date Month and Year
Hi I have a cell for example that displays 03/07 as a text field for month and year. I want it converted to date field to display as = mar-07 or march 2007. when I use format or text function it converts to 03/07/2010. I dont want to have the current year display instead it should display 2007. Use: =date(right(a1,2),left(a1,2),1) and format as: mmm-yy or mmmm yyyy Regards, Fred "Excellency" <Excellency@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6CA08AE-6CB4-440C-AE9D-96EE6CB08747@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I have a cell for example that ...

Formula to locate all jobs in Month then break up into categories
I have a workbook with a worksheet displaying all the jobs I have in different categories. I would like to display on the my worksheet "Nikkis Critical Data" a break up of jobs per month - Which I have done using =SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH('Nikkis Working'!A2:A1000)=MONTH(A2)),--(YEAR('Nikkis Working'!A2:A1000)=YEAR(A2))). Then I would like to break each of the monthly figures up into three categories - Accepted, Not Accepted and Pending (which are currently listed in Column B in Nikkis Working Worksheet. Is it possible? If so, how? Just add another...

Month in title of monthly report
I am new to Access and have been trying to get the month name show up in the title of a report. I am using a form for the input of the [Month] and [Year] as numbers. Then use the form control button to execute a report. This works great. I then would like to use the input from the form [Month] to put the name of the month in the title of the report. I put in a text box and can get it to display the number of the month (ex. 5) but not the name of the month name (Ex. May). I do not know how to format it to mmmm. I tried an array: Dim rmonth rmonth = Array(“January”, “Feb...

Display targets for current month
We have a table in which our targets for inquiries and bookings are held, month by month. The fields are FinYear, FinMonth, TargetInquiries, TargetBookings. I would like these to be displayed on a form which is shown as soon as a user logs in to the system. (I can deal with that bit, i.e. configuring the Startup options to show that form). But how do I make the form date-sensitive so that it recognises the current year and month and shows the values from the appropriate row of the table? I guess I need a query that does this and then feeds the form, but how, please? Many thanks ...

Contracts, Month to Month Allotments
Well I'm trying to figure the best way to do this in CRM, here it goes. I run a computer business and we have contracts that we want to track per desktop and the amount of cases they use per desktop or server they have on contract with us. Os if I understand CRM correctly i need to add a line for each desktop and server to the contract as a separate line. That is fine but then how do I keep track of the usage monthly? Is it monthly if I set the billing to monthly and will the allotments change every month or will they just be a lump sum? Anyway to make this allotment restrict on a m...

How do I only add every other month to my chart
I have totals for each month for several years, but I would like to just show every other month on my chart. Is this possible, if so can you explain. Thanks! EXCEL 2007. I don't know how realistic this is as I have not seen your data but one possibility is that you could set it up as a Pivot Chart. In the PivotChart Filter Pane you can then select / de-select whichever time frames you like. Please hit yes if my comments have helped. Thanks. "kmt1984" wrote: > I have totals for each month for several years, but I would like to just show &...

How to get rows when only querying on the month of a birth date
Hi All This is a good one that's baked my noodle!! I have a standard table with lets say 2 cols: NAME string DOB date Example rows may be: NAME DOB Gary Barlow 24-3-2002 John Barlow 24-11-2001 Bob Barlow 7-7-1999 Bill Barlow 6-3-1999 etc I need to build a query that will get me all the rows back that were born in say March (3), which means the above would bring back Gary and Bill even though the birth day and year might be different - is this possible??!?!? Thanks "Blackberry" <info...

Downloads transactions ONLY for the last month
Hi, I installed money 2004 in the 2nd week of Nov. And it downloaded all transactions from my online bank account for only the last 1 month. So, now, I want to download and view the transactions for the last 3 months. But Money doesn't download any transactions from my bank account for more than the last 1 month. Can anyone please help? thnx -Faheem In microsoft.public.money, Faheem wrote: > >I installed money 2004 in the 2nd week of Nov. And it >downloaded all transactions from my online bank account >for only the last 1 month. So, now, I want to download >an...

how to setup a monthly planner using excel?
how to setup a monthly planner using excel? You should be able to find something here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101043131033.aspx -- HTH, Barb Reinhardt "wtk" wrote: > how to setup a monthly planner using excel? ...

AutoFill Visible Cells with Months
I would like to type Jan in A2 and AutoFill up to however far the selection goes. However, there are some rows that are hidden. I am not able to autofill the visible cells in the selection. What I have done is: Type Jan in A2 Select area to be filled Select visible cells (by pressing F5 and clicking Special Cells) EDIT | Fill | Series | Autofill I get some weird results. Can anyone please help me get Jan, Feb etc with only the visible cells filled so that there are no skipped months where there are hidden rows. Jan in cell>select (highlight) cells to fill>edit>fill>series>...

amount of working days per month
Hi, is there a way of working out the amount of basic working days( Mon to Fri ) per month in a formula or VBA? i am trying to create a yearly summary for 10 men. this needs to work out the amount of actual working days per month multiplied by hours to get an accurate amount of actual required working hours per month. help greatly appreciated. Nigel Hi NIgel Use the formula NETWORKDAYS(date1, date2) to find out no of working days between 2 months. Regards Sukhjeet "Nigel" wrote: > Hi, > > is there a way of working out the amount of basic working days( Mon to Fr...

Tricky Scenario finding days/months/years!
Thanks for the advice. how does one go about sending you an excel document? Regard -- Rizits ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Rizitsu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1584 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31482 ...

charting day and month
I have a table of individual days of the year, value "A" and cummulativ value of A. I would like to plot the cummulative data as a line chart, and on th same graph show the monthly sum of A for each month. I have tried to do this by having the monthly sums displayed on th last day of each month - but when this is plotted it will only dipla as a really skinny line (as if to acccomodate the other days which hav no values). - also this is 'cheating' really, there must be a bette way. any ideas appreciated, thanks for your help, J -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForu...

Don't print months on x-axis on pivot chart
My data is by month for 11 years - how can I tell pivot chart not to show the month names on the x-axis? I'd like to show the years with small tick marks for the months. -- Thanks! Cornelia ...

Average shipments in any given month
I have a ship history covering several years and I want to give the average shipment in each of the 12th months (ie. (Shipments in January/(total years)). So far I put this in the report to count Shipments in January. textbox = sum(iif(month([shipdate])=1,[qty],0)) Now, how do I count the number of January's where there are shipments? How do I count the number of years within that date range of the shipments? Thanks, -- TIA Try this substituting your table and field names -- SELECT Format([shipdate],"mmmm") AS [Month], Sum([1st_Table].qty) AS SumOfqty, Count([1st_Table...

Weekly and Monthly Subtotals
Hi, I have a spreadsheet with six columns. They are Month, Day (day of the month), Weekly Number (this relates to how many weeks in a month), Total (daily sales Total), # of Sales and Daily Average. I created a subtotals line that sums the sales for a given week. I did this by having excel sum the total on a change in Week Number. This works fine. Now I want to sum the sales for the month. I obviously don't want to include the weekly subtotals in these figures since they can overlap per month. Can someone help with creating a second subtotal line that sums the monthly sales ...

Paying off a credit card every month
All, Thanks for being part of a great newsgroup. Lots of help here... hopefully someone can straighten me out on an issue I can't seem to understand. This is occuring using M2004. I have a checking account that I use primarily for bill paying and ATM withdrawls. I have checked "Include this acount in the budget register" for it. I also have a rewards Visa that I use for everyday purchases (such as groceries, etc.) I pay this account off every month. I have also included this account as a budget account. When I pull up the ongoing cash flow, I have it set to display my fu...

WHAT IS THE RATE BY MONTHS on A return of investment
THANK YOU ...

set month end
Hi. I need a function to customize month end to the last Friday of each month. So for December 2005, the start date would be (A1) 11-26-05, and the end date would be (A2) 12-30-05. I want to autofill the dates that fall within this range down starting in A3. Any thoughts? =IF(MONTH(A2+28)=MONTH(A2+35),A2+35,A2+28) There will be either 4 weeks(28 days) or 5 weeks (35 days) between month end. so if 4 weeks later is in the same month as 5 weeks later, then it is 5 weeks, if they're different, it's 4 weeks. - Search "Chilliputt" wrote: > Hi. I need a function to ...

template for 2006 Sun-Sat 1 month per page
Availability of a template for use in Microsoft Publisher calendar for a 2006 Sun-Sat 1 month per page understated calendar with the ability to insert my own images against individual dates. What do you need to know to complete your calendar? You can insert pictures into the Understated calendar template. You can change the range date... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "John P" <John P@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13B5230B-5717-4BB7-8B50-F13C3E3C9A23@microsoft.com... > Availabi...