Smart List export not working

When I export out the smartlist results by clicking excel,
I get the error 'EXP 1493. The Product is not currently
loaded'.

I checked my client, exp1493.exe is there and it is not
read only. exp1493.dic is also there.

This is GP 80

0
anonymous (74722)

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 18:52:42 -0700, "AA" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>When I export out the smartlist results by clicking excel,
>I get the error 'EXP 1493. The Product is not currently
>loaded'.
>
>I checked my client, exp1493.exe is there and it is not
>read only. exp1493.dic is also there.
>
>This is GP 80

Having an exe and dictionary is does not mean that you can use the products.
Your error message likely indicates that the Smart List components are not being
loaded because they are not included in your Dynamics.set file.

Dynamics.set tells Great Plains how many products are top be loaded, the
registration number and product name, as well as the location of the product
dictionaries, the modified forms dictionary, and the modified reports
dictionary.

Check out the set file by opening it in Notepad, Wordpad, or the text editor of
your choice. If you only had Great Plains and Smartlist, the number on the first
line would be a "2" indicating that there were two registered products to load.
The next line would likely be a "0", which is Great Plains product registration
number and the line after would say "Dynamics". The following line would have
"1493" and the line after that would indicate "Smart List". The next line would
have the word "Windows" and then there would be three lines for each product
indicating the location of the actual dictionary, the modified forms dictionary
and the modified reports dictionary - something like ":C:Dynamics/Dynamics.dic"

Note: You won't see the quotes as above - they are only there to show what is
contained on the lines.

This should be the short course on the contents of the set file. By the way, why
couldn't your Great Plains partner explain this with your actual setup/system?

Lyle
All of what you are mentioning is there in dynamics.set.
Anything else I can check?

0
anonymous (74722)
8/31/2004 7:23:51 AM
Do you have multiple dexterity based apps open at the same time.  For
instance, if you were running PDK (standalone dictionary) and great plains
you might get this problem.

The solution would be to (ideally) just run great plains.  Or if you need to
run multiple dextery apps at once then make sure great plains is the first
one launched.

"AA" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I export out the smartlist results by clicking excel,
> I get the error 'EXP 1493. The Product is not currently
> loaded'.
>
> I checked my client, exp1493.exe is there and it is not
> read only. exp1493.dic is also there.
>
> This is GP 80

Global Address List #23
I have several disabled user accounts, and would like to remove their email addresses from the global address list. In other words, when users send an email and are selecting the recipient, I do not want my disabled users mail addresses to be seen. I know that you can select 'hide address from lists' under advanced features, but that only hides the address from the public folder. Does anyone know how I could do this? ...

Collapsed list view report control
I'm try to set up an EXCEL like window, which apparently one can do with a REPORT control. I actually get it work, but all the columns are scrunched to the left when the window comes up, forcing the user to move the partions. I'm using Visual C++ 7.0. Here' the code. Thanks, Ihor P.S. Is there an easier way of inserting a line of data?? ----------------------------------------------------------------------- CRect rect(16 ,60,450 ,250); m_pendlistctrl.Create(WS_VISIBLE|WS_CHILD|LVS_REPORT,rect, this,IDD_WIRE_DIALOG); //m_pendlistctrl is a CListCtrl m_...

Income in Payee List?
Why does my income (paychecks, child support received, etc.) show up in my Payee list. Are they supposed to? Thanks -- Lori In microsoft.public.money, Lori wrote: >Why does my income (paychecks, child support received, etc.) show up in my >Payee list. Are they supposed to? Thanks It's up to you. If you want to rename or move those "payees" to something more meaningful to you, there are buttons to make those choices. Just select the odd payee, and choose Rename, Move or Delete. Move or Delete will let you combine payees. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by...

List Validation
I was wondering if there was anyway you can have a drop down list in one workbook that comes from a different workbook. Example: I have a workbook saved with a list of names and I want to have that list of names come up in a form that I have saved in another workbook. http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal05.html note that the other workbook needs to be open -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com "It is a good thing to follow the first law of holes; if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey "Renee" <...

how do I increase drop list font and box size I created
Font is small and you have to scroll through list due to box size If the dropdown was created using Data Validation.............Font size is set at 8pt Dropdown box height cannot be changed. For workarounds like using a ComboBox and using Zoom see Debra Dalgleish's site on DV Lists. http://www.contextures.on.ca/tiptech.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 11:36:02 -0700, cdietz1 <cdietz1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Font is small and you have to scroll through list due to box size ...

Max Limit for Values in List Boxes and Combo Boxes in Outlook forms
Folks, a user is setting up a form. She wants to have several combo boxes and list boxes with between 75 and 300 (yes, 300 -- that's not a typo!) possible values in the combo box or list box. Before she starts work on this, she would like to know if there is a limit on the number of possible values for a combo box or a multi-select list box. Is there a limit? Is it defined by the number of characters in the values box, or the number of actual values? What is the limit? Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks. David consulttech2004@hotmail.com ...

Stop advancing in form with the "next" arrow at end of "list"
I have an editable form for users where they can query by date, etc. However, the next entry arrow allows them to advance beyond the result. For example, if their query resulted in 1 of 4, they can still click to 5, 6, and so on which only adds blank lines to the database table. How do I set this to stop at the last entry of their original query? You can cancel adding new records like this: Private Sub Form_BeforeInsert(Cancel As Integer) Cancel = True End Sub Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "Duchess" <Duchess@discuss...

SmartListBuilder: Linking not working properly. Bug?
We have a third-party customization added to GP. The table is in our company database and is accessible to add to GP. We can successfuly create a SmartList that queries only this table. However, when we link this table to another GP table, it doesn't work properly. I think I have isolated the problem. I found the SQL in the DEXSQL logs and the link, while seemingly correct in the SLB UI, is not generating the correct SQL code. See below for the actual SQLthat SLB generated. The last line is " T2. = T1.SOPTYPE and T2. = T1.SOPNUMBE" Note that the field name for T2. is m...

AutoFormat not working in Word 2007 in Windows 7
I have just installed the Office 2007 suite on Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit edition. Almost everything works well, but I noticed that when I type quotes, Word 2007 is not automatically converting them from straight quotes to curly quotes. I have went into the Word Options and tried the setting both ways, but it makes no difference. I have made absolutely no changes to this installation, and this problem does not occur on my Windows Vista and Windows XP machines. The computer is virus-free (I have an antivirus solution running, I don't go to shady sites to begin with...

How to keep display format when exporting XML?
First thank you for taking the time to read about my problem. My problem is this. When exporting my xml data, the time/date values loose their display format. A time of 01:30 am, for example, becomes something like 0.001353 when exported.. What do I need to do to keep the same format as is displayed in Excel? It would sure be great if you could help. Kind regards ...

autocalculate doesn't work even with formula .
I have been using the same worksheet for past 1 year. Last week, when I edit the worksheet by input new data into it, I realise that : 1. The "Total" does not add up the sums of 2 cells automatically, even though the "A1 + B1" formulation is still in the cell. 2. I have auto-link sheet 1 cells into sheet 2 in different layout to suit my final output design. But even I paste the cells in the designated area in sheet 1, my final output does not automatically show the new data I have input into sheet 1. Only way to "show in the final output" correctl...

Find feature does not work with HTML messages (Content-type: text/html)
I have Outlook 2000 SP-3 running under Windows ME. When using the Find feature to locate all e-mails with a given word in the message, no items are found if the e-mails are of "text/html" content-type. The Find feature appears to work for any messages that have URLs embedded and are "multipart/alternative" or "text/plain" content-type. I noticed a similar post several months ago (see http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=%23qSBYIssDHA.2224%40TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl). Is there a work-around for this problem, or should this be reported t...

FRx
We have an FRx report containing 12 columns - one for each month. We are using the P<=B Print Control in the column layout to only print those months that are less than or equal to the Base Period. When we generate a report that contains six months or more and export it to an .XLS spreadhsheet it looks fine. However, if the report contains less than six months (fewer columns), we don't get our report heading. Is this due to a setup option somewhere in the catalog id? Have you checked the "Header Options" under your column layout? Look at the "spread from and ...

list.remove() crash.
Hi: I have a short code below which polulats a list with 3 strings and then try to remove them by calling list.remove(). but the program crashes at the 2nd run in the loop (as marked below). Could you see anything I'm doing wrong? Thanks for your input. Polaris ------------------------------------------------------------- #include <list> typedef std::list <char*>::iterator LI; int main (int argc, char* argv[]) { char* array[] = { { "Test1" }, { "Test2" }, { "Test3" } }; ...

Intercompany AP Edit List
I entered an Intercompany AP invoice. I distributed as follows: Originating Company AP $300 Originating Company Expense $150 Destination Company Expense $150 When I print the Payables Transaction Edit List, it shows a completely different account for the Destination Company entry. It is an account in my Originating Company that has nothing to do with the invoice or the vendor. But when I post it, the General Ledger posting journal looks good. Can someone please let me know if this is a known flaw in GP 9.0 or have I set something up wrong? Thanks for any help! ...

create price list from excel sheet
I have been using Excel 2003 to manage a list of approximately 200 items. This is a very simple list comprising of four or five fields one of which is the price. I prefer to use Excel to manage this data because it then becomes very simple for me to use formulas in order to calculate prices after changes or additions to the items. I would like to produce a simple A5 flyer listing all the items together with their prices. What will be the best way to do this? I have explored the possibility of exporting the Excel sheet into something like Microsoft publisher but I am looking for a fa...

Code working but not straight away!
This code is selecting all my check boxes after I have to close the form and re-open, can it be altered to work without closing and opening the formThanks for any help...........BobPrivate Sub Command19_Click()Dim strsql As Stringstrsql = "UPDATE tblHorseInfo SET tblHorseInfo.Worksheet = True"DoCmd.RunSQL strsqlEnd Sub NEVER MIND fixed already...Thanks Bob"Bob" <xxx@xx.xx> wrote in message news:et7d5o$gmt$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...>> This code is selecting all my check boxes after I have to close the form > and re-open, can it be altered to work without closing and...

Remote Desktop not working.
I cannot connect to remote desktop on a Windows 2003 Server with SP1. It is enabled but when I try i get the error: "The client could not connect to the remote computer. Remoote connections might not be enabled or the computer might be too busy to acccept new connections. It is also possible that network problems are preventing your connection. Please try connecting again later. If the problem continues to occur, contact your administrator." I have checked and there are not users connected. I have disabled remote desktop and enabled it again with no luck. The last cha...

Rounding up price lists
Can you round to the nearest Dollar? Yes, if the Price Method is one that caculates the selling price (such as % of List, markup from list, etc). Click on Options, select the Round Option and set to multiple of and enter 1.00 in the Round Amount field. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "tstrop" wrote: > Can you round to the nearest Dollar? ...

Data List #2
In relation to an earlier question, I am looking for a way of creatin box which displays the contents of a list, which when clicked on can b copied to a current cell, but other items added to this list. For example, in one spreadsheet a list of; John Paul Peter In another spreadsheet, a view of this, so that the values can easil be copied over, but also the abaility to add another name. Something like.. [Players] | John | | Paul | | Peter | ... [ADD NEW] Any ideas? Many thanks, Mic -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Mich Lookup data validation. It is very straigh...

How do I find duplicate rows in a list in Excel, and not delete it
I have a long list of data in Excel that is 3 columns wide. I need to find and save only the duplicate rows but don't want to delete them. Instead, I could delete the unique rows and keep the duplicate rows. In the customer assistance, I found out how to delete duplicate rows and save the unique rows, but this is exactly opposite of what I want to do. This is one option: =COUNTIF($A$4:$A$18,A4)>1 copy down, and use a Autofilter to find all True HTH Ola Sandstr´┐Żm Picture encl.: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3498&stc=1 +---------------------------...

UDF Not working
This function should return the new string, but it returns Blank can anyone explain why, and also tell me how to fix it and avoid similar issues in the future. I tried using Select Case statement in my first attempt and it did not work, so I figure I switch to If statements, but the result is the same a blank. Thanks in advance Global strField As String Sub Raul() strField = "AP_Parts" strField = Test(strField) MsgBox (strField) End Sub Function Test(strField As String) As String Dim FndException strmval = UCase(strField) If strmval = &quo...

How do I make the toolbar in my 'trial' of Publisher 2007 work?
nothing is active except the select all button. i can't edit or create anything. not making me want to buy the full version. thanks to anyone who has any ideas. j jives wrote: > nothing is active except the select all button. i can't edit or create > anything. not making me want to buy the full version. > thanks to anyone who has any ideas. > > j ======================= Maybe the tutorials at the following site will get you started: Publisher 2007 Creating a publication http://tinyurl.com/32ew4l -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP D...

Export data to txt format file
Can I write a VB procedure that will export a table of data with specific widths? I done it manually, but no success with VB procedure -- pad On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 19:36:01 -0800, paduanow <wpaduano@go.com> wrote: >Can I write a VB procedure that will export a table of data with specific >widths? I done it manually, but no success with VB procedure Take a look at the Help for "TransferText". Yes, you can create an output specification with fixed width files, in code just as you can using File... Export. -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Outlook connector doesn't work
vWin7 starter, Outlook 2003, Outlook connector v 14 installed. When klicking "Outlook connector" and "Add a new account" in Outlook, nothing happens (absolutely nothing - no messages or boxes appear). I habe removed and reinstalled both Outlook and Outlook connector several times, no help in that. Anyone who have a suggestion? ...