should be allowed to switch of posting message for unanalyzed acc

A message is displayed "The Analytical Transaction Entry window has not been
opened even once. Do you want to open the window before saving/posting?" when
entering a cash receipt in Bank Management. We are not currently analysing
the account codes being posted to and would like to be able to switch these
messages off rather than clicking "yes" on the warning and opening the window
and closing it or removing the account from the accounting class. Ideally we
would like a method of adding the codes to a class, and then saying no
analysis required.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9036a30b-64c9-4e16-a127-1310a1fcdc55&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
lynn1 (103)

Excel 2000: allow users to edit ranges
I have Excel 2002 SP3 but another user has 2000 SP3. I created a big worksheet but only want him to be able to edit 1 column, so I used the Tools > Protection > Allow users to edit ranges and gave him access to that 1 column. When he opens it in 2000, he can not edit anything without first removing the protection from the entire worksheet. When I go to his Tools > Protection, he only has 3 options: protect sheet; protect workbook; protect and share workbook. He has no allow users to edit ranges option. Was this option not included in Excel 2000? Is there an update or add in f...

MS Office-Font Corruption Message??!!!
All of the sudden, the entire MS Office suite is yielding a "The font [name] is corrupt and should be removed." It goes through my entire library of fonts (1200+) and gives a message for each font, alphabetically. Anyone experience this? I've tried trashing the office font cache file - no luck. Mac OS X - 10.4.8 Using Linotype Font Explorer X for font management iMac 24" intel core duo HELP!!!! See if any of the suggestions mentioned on this page are helpful: <http://word.mvps.org/Mac/CorruptFontErrors.html> On 20/3/07 6:06, in article 1174367217.587258.12483...

Message Interface error -- Outlook 2003
Hi! I've been dealing with the following issue for a couple of weeks now. When the user tries to create a new email message, forward an email, or create a task, she gets the following Microsoft Office Outlook window box: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart outlook." I have uninstalled then reinstalled Outlook 2003. The current version of Outlook 2003 shows 11.5608.5606--which I believe is current. When I click on the File, Data File Management, nothing happens--as if the button doesn't work. On other workstations, it...

how to disable update links message when opening files
Hi I have approx 200 simple templates all of which are the same in layout, i'm using a simple macro which uses a loop to open each file pick up bits of info and lay it out on a list. The problem i have is some of these files have external links and when the macro opens them i get the message "Do i want to update links" which also pauses the macro until i click update or dont update. Is it possible to put a code within the macro which automatically selects dont update if a file has links. I've displayalerts = false but this doesnt seem to work thanks in ...

Viewing Hotmail message on web vs. WLM
Let's say I'm viewing a message from Hotmail's website (as opposed to viewing it in Windows Live Mail), and the message contains a 1 meg attachment. If I click on that attachment in order to view it, has it been downloaded at that point? (i.e. would it count as a meg of transferred data?) -- Mark Depending on your connection speed and the type of file, the file will start downloading to your browser's temporary files. A pdf file will display before all of a large file is downloaded. If the file has downloaded and you want to keep it, File, Save as, change t...

I want my INBOX messages to arrive showing FROM, not TO:
I want my INBOX messages to arrive showing FROM, not TO: Obviously the messages arriving are to ME...one of my profiles is normal and shows who the message is from , but with on eof my profiles, a new message is displayed showing it is TO and my email...I want it to display FROM: and whoever they are. Hi, You can customize the view for each Outlook folder to display only the fields you want to see, as well as in what order you would like the information displayed. To change your view, open the Outlook folder (in your case, the Inbox). Right click on the gray title bar and click on ...

Query based Subform will not allow editing
I have a maintenance DB that has energy lockout points associated with pieces of equipment so we can safely do maintenance. I have an 'edit existing lockout' form, based on a query, that lists in a subform the various points required for a certain piece of equipment. My system used to work, but now I can edit the main, but the subform has locked me out. All I get is a doorbell tone when I attempt to enter info. I can enter the req'd info in the tables, but but my form went snafu. Any ideas? Thanks in advance Does your query allow editing? Check the asterisk in the record...

Outlook Express-The message could not be deleted
Will not let me delete certain messages - anyone??? Error message The message could not be deleted Christine <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Will not let me delete certain messages - anyone??? > Error message The message could not be deleted Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. Try emptying your Deleted Items folder and compacting your message store. -- Brian Tillman ...

Global Template Message Pops Up When Opening Word 2007
I just made modifications to the Normal.dotm file in Word 2007. Everything seemed to be going well, up until I opened Word 2007 again. Now every time I start Word, a dialogue box appears with the following message: 'The Global template, NORMAL.DOTM, is already open as an add-in program'. My only option is to click on 'OK' and then it disappears. Does anyone know how to get rid of this message??? Sounds like you have a copy of Normal.dotm (or a shortcut to it) in the Word or Office Startup folder? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Ty...

Closed envelope icon remain closed for IPM.Note messages
I have some IPM.Note messages with closed envelope icon. The icon remain closed no matter what. The only work-around is to change its message class to something else (e.g., IPM.Note.XXX) and change back. Tried to clear form cache, rename frmcache.dat, ... no luck. (using OL2003 and XP) Did anyone have similar experience? How did you fix it? Thanks in advance! ...

Money 2007 is not allowing manual match on transactions in the register
I have a credit card account that is setup to download transactions online. Some of the transactions I have downloaded appear in bold, and are duplicates of existing transactions which are not bold, and are not marked cleared or reconciled or even marked as 'E'. Money failed to match these transactions automatically. When I tried to click 'Change' to match up manually, the *only* transactions that appear as viable matches are coming from the 'Bills' list. None of the transactions already in the account are listed, so I can't actually match them. Even if ...

Wait function which allows other Excel action
I am loading two excel workbooks. I want to run a macro from the first workbook, but I don't want to complete the macro code until the other workbook has finished loading I am restricted from placing macros in the 2nd workbook. Is there some type of wait function which can allow loading of the 2nd workbook while the wait is in progress? Thanks, john G. "John Gilchrist" <tremont-tech@worldnet.att.net> wrote... >I am loading two excel workbooks. >I want to run a macro from the first workbook, but I don't want to complete >the macro code until the other work...

Synchronising Message Headers
Question for helpful people: In Outlook, when I move, slecting and highlighting with my mouse, from one mail folder to another (for example, from 'Inbox' to 'Sent Mail'), I see the text synchronising Message Headers in the lowest bar of the window, and the programme takes several seconds to be ready. This is dramatically slower than moving around inside Outlook Express, so I wonder if this delay is normal. Anyone know? Kevo what type of email account do you use? It's normal for IMAP accounts. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in...

Receiving some messages
I am only receiving some of my e-mail messages. My husband has the same problem on his computer. This started happening a couple of weeks ago. No harware or software changes that we know of. We know people are sending us messages and sometimes we receive them but most times we do not. Any suggestions? Go to your provider's webmail (using Internet Explorer) and check your mail there. Are the missing messages there, perhaps in a Spam folder? Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "Vineyard" wrote in message news:7D9032F8-8807-4D42-A79C-F5F319DB930A@microsof...

message sent-confirmation of emails sent-weird reply
I recently changed my outlook settings so that when an email is sent, I get a confirmation sent back to me. Usually it says message delivered. Recently, just with one email account to someone, it says that the message was delivered but there were of guarantees that it was read or understood. What has this person done to the settings? curious kid <curious kid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I recently changed my outlook settings so that when an email is sent, I get a >confirmation sent back to me. Usually it says message delivered. Recently, >just with one email accou...

XP sp3: change user not allowed
Hello first of all, I have to say that all worked fine since this morning. I haven't changed anything, maybe it depends on one of the latest automatic update. Before today, when I clicked on change user (start > disconnect > change user) and chose another user, xp would let me in the other account. Now the account is loaded for a second and then I am sent to the initial screen again (the one where all account are shown): it's like XP won't allow more than one user desktop to be open at a time. Another thing that I noticed is that there is no more indication of ...

Add something to "To:" message field
Hi is there any way how to add something to sender's name field? I need to add organisation name before the sender's name (to distinguish different organisations)? The only way I found so far is changing users name in Active Directory and this is (for me :-) not preferred way as I have to change all 500 mailboxes' names :-( Any hints? On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 07:49:10 -0800, Jiri Kopacek <JiriKopacek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi is there any way how to add something to sender's name field? I need to >add organisation name before the sender's name (to d...

Exchange 2000 Newsgroup Error Messages
We have an Exchange 2000 Server but do not have any Newsgroups. The Event Log is filled with error messages about news groups not being setup. How can I stop these error messages and attempts to reach a non-existant news group? Thanks! Lucy Disable the NNTP Service and it should go away. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Exchange MVP www.exchangetrainer.com www.msexchange.org "Lucy" <LucyMolly@comcast.net> wrote in message news:C102A639-37FB-4154-A611-B7738950A242@microsoft.com... > We have an Exchange 2000 Server but do not have any Newsgroups. The Event Log is filled wi...

Turn off Outlook spell checking of messages with vba
In developing an application for Word which sends e-mail messages using Outlook, I came across an issue that I have not been able to resolve. Hopefully someone will have a plan :) With Outlook's options configured to spell check the message before sending, each message processed creates the message 'Word finished checking the selection. Do you want to continue the remainder of the document' which requires user intervention. Clearly if the option is switched off in Outlook, the message doesn't occur. As I have no control over whether users have this option set o...

Windows activation message keeps coming up
Hi, A bit of advice really, I have not added or taken away anything on my system but since yesterday each time I start the PC I get the message saying I need to activate Windows. I am running Windows XP home. I don't know if this is a genuine message or if I have had some virus at some time, I have run scans for virus and malware and such but nothing found. Any help much appreciated. Gerald Interesting reading. <http://aumha.org/win5/a/wpa.htm> Phone activation is used to get a local phone number to call and get Vista activated by phone. For more informati...

Strange error message...
I have a Dell Dimension 8400 with Windows XP MCE SP3 fully updated. Things were going well til the following message showed up when I was not doing anything on the computer. It was on but not in use...just the desktop showing. Windows - Delayed write failed Windows was unable to save all the data for file G:\Extend\$UsnJrnl:$J The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save the file elsewhere. G is my external hard drive. I googled the message and got several hits but none of it makes sense ...

Will somebodu response to this post
Hi No need to apologise since you were drunk and unaware of what was going on. Regards Roberts ...

Reformatting hard drive and want to save messages
I need to reformat my hard drive and want to save my outlook messages to an external drive somehow so I can get them back afterwards. I can't figure out from the help how to do this, and any assistance will be much appreciated. I'm using Outlook 2002, XPPro with SP3. (also posting this on microsoft.public.outlook) Maggie "mag" <the1mag@comcast.net> wrote in message news:OV6jgPUbKHA.1596@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I need to reformat my hard drive and want to save my outlook messages to an > external drive somehow so I can get them back a...

Auto Post GL and AR batch
Hi, Can we set the auto post GL and AR batch ? Through macro I can set the auto post batch but for some reason if that batch is not available than Great Plains post the next available batch. Thanks, You are experiencing this problem, because you are using your mouse to select the batch. When doing that, GP records the batch list position. If the batch you wanted was in position 3, but no longer exists, whatever batch is in position 3 will be used. In order to avoid this, don't lookup the batch name. Instead, type it in. One other thing, though, is that if the batch that is ...

XmlArrayItem not allowed on Root Elements
I'm trying to serialize a collection, which is the root element, however the items in the collection contain derived classes, and thus give an error without XmlArrayItem attributes. However I can't add these to the field I'm copying from as its the root element, and so they appear to get ignored. Now the obvious answer is to put them in a wrapper and serialize the wrapper, which is okay, but I was wondering why this restriction is in place is can you get around it? Any Use ?? *********************************************************** <XmlRoot(ElementName:="WhatEverWontB...