setup MOSS for GP 10.0 workflow

While setting up the Shared Service Provider (SSP) in MOSS, I get the
following error “No Indexer" and the Index Server field is not active.

I have installed the Windows Index Services component and I am still getting
the same error.

Thanks

Hi Nassan,

You will manually have to run the Office Search install. You can find it in
<sharepoint.install>\OSRCHAPP\osrchapp.msi. You will have to configure it as
well and create a Shared Search Provider. Then start a full crawl.

-Mike

--
Micheal LoPatriello
Coordinator,

"Nassan A." wrote:

> While setting up the Shared Service Provider (SSP) in MOSS, I get the
> following error “No Indexer" and the Index Server field is not active.
>
> I have installed the Windows Index Services component and I am still getting
> the same error.
>
> Thanks

0
mlopat (88)

Service in CRM 3.0
Hello. My question involves working with the Service section of CRM. I am fairly new to the whole CRM system but up to now, going through Sales and Marketing I haven't been to mind-boggled. I am trying to create a new case and link it to a contract through the options that are available by default in the New Case form view. For some reason, when I go to look-up the contract for a particular case I don't return any results. Why??? Basically I'm asking is there any information out there that walks you through the Service section of CRM, else can someone give me a quick ...

Antigen 9.0 error
Getting the following message in event viewer quite a few times. It started yesterday and I've had over a thousand of these. Any ideas on what might be causing this? I'm on Windows 2003 with SP1/Exchange 2003 SP2. The description for Event ID ( 100 ) in Source ( StatisticsManagerClient ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the ev...

Upgrade to 10 Error (dbo.CN01500)
We are doing a test upgrade from GP 8.0 SP 5 to GP 10.0. We have three companies that we are upgrading, and two of the companies have worked fine, but on one of the companies we are getting an error: ALTER Table dbo.CN01500 Ado Construct [PKCN01500] Primary Key Clustered [CollectorID, CN_SignatureID] ON [PRIMARY] When we click OK, it then pops up with a message saying that the CN01500 tables could not be found. I looked at the other company databases, and none of them have a CN01500 table either. Any ideas? Has anyone seen something similar? Thanks, KJ On Apr 16, 1:48=A0pm, KJ <kjj.....

Outlook 2003 02-04-10
I would like to display people names in my Contacts folder in the form 1stname 2ndname and have the display sorted in the order of 2ndname. I find the default display from Outlook more dyslexia-inducing than just about anything I've ever seen. There are no cues to scan it eith accross or up/down. Ideally I'd also like to have each entry displayed on one line with the contact's email address following their name. Is this possible? The Outlook help info gave a method for altering the display name order, but it did nothing to my contacts file when I applied the steps i...

CAsyncSocket connect() returns 0
Hi, My CAsyncSocket::Connect() always returns 0 (which indicates an error) but the connection is accepted by the server socket and the client OnConnect() and OnSend() events are fired. So everything seems to be working ok, but why does Connect() returns 0 ???? Call GetLastError to see why it is returning 0 AliR. "RAN" <nijenhuis@wish.nl> wrote in message news:1185808912.678740.270420@l70g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > My CAsyncSocket::Connect() always returns 0 (which indicates an error) > but the connection is accepted by the server socket and the cli...

Outlook Client with NT Computer(NT 4.0 and 2000 Pro) Can't connect to server.
I have problem with Client to connect to Exchange 2000 Server. Clients with Window 98 and 2000 pro work within the same subnet, and a few with NT and 2000 Pro don't work with the different subnets, even though Outlook Web Access is working fine and network access is working properly. I figured that this is not network problem because by using UNC, Client computer can see Server computer and access to it. It is not the Account problem either. I also used an admin account. I still can't connect. It is too unprofessional to blame microsoft for this, but Microsoft didn't have ...

Workflow Manager updating
Hi, If a workflow is found not to work properly and needs to be changed can the existing instances of that workflow (those showing in the workflow monitor) be updated with the change, or do you have to stop them and then re-apply the rule? -- Russell R the earlier instances are defined at the time the instance is created, so they won't be updated with the change that you make. Martin "RussellR" <RussellR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:254DC284-E7F9-4DD4-A3E7-BD1AA74AC20E@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > If a workflow is found not to work prope...

how to make a table with 10 million rows in one column?
how to make a table with 10 million rows in one column? Num 1 2 3 .. .. .. 10,000,000 thanks, pemt WHY! -- Build a little, test a little. "pemt" wrote: > how to make a table with 10 million rows in one column? > > Num > 1 > 2 > 3 > . > . > . > 10,000,000 > > thanks, > > pemt On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 09:44:01 -0700, pemt <pemt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how to make a table with 10 million rows in one column? > >Num >1 >2 >3 >. >. >. >10,000,000 ...

Can we sell our RMS 2.0 Licenses? Owner decided to close all the S
We just purchased one HQ and three SO. While we were still implementing RMS, Owner decided to close all the stores. So, can we sell our licenses if so how can we transfer licenses? Thanks Hi, I'm not sure you can actually. I believe RMS licenses are non-refundable and non transferable. "ba6a6y" wrote: > We just purchased one HQ and three SO. While we were still implementing RMS, > Owner decided to close all the stores. So, can we sell our licenses if so how > can we transfer licenses? > > Thanks I think you sell on ebay. I just bought license for my sec...

10 minutes time difference
Hi, We're using exchange 5.5 with Outlook2000 SP1 and SP3. For must users there are no problems but at least one person receives his email with a timestamp difference of 10 minutes. For him it looks like he got his email 10 minutes in the future, compared with the time on his computer. I've searched on google and all I found were some posts about timezones but this is about a difference of 10 minutes. Thanks in advance, The time displayed depends on the system time of the sender, mail server and receiving client. Are these all synched? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howt...

Continuous Forms Question 05-14-10
Hi, I have two similar subforms connected to two different tables. Each subform has a textbox control. I have to check its contents in the event BeforeUpdate. So, when a NEW RECORD is created, the first subform behaves quite normal: after the message, I run command Cancel = True and if the user presses Escape button, the textbox gets empty. But the second subform behaves in a bit different way: when the user presses Escape button, the whole content of that textbox just gets marked, giving the way to move to the next control by pressing Tab and passing the checkup. What's wron...

If difference is 0 or below how do show just 0
I'm not sure how to set this up? =(D21-B13)+(A5-B12) I only want to add the difference of (A5-B12) to (D21-B13) if it is positive number so if the difference is 0 or below how do I get it t just show 0? thanks for your help. jac -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =D21-B13+MAX(A1-B12,0) -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) -------------------...

Office 2010 01-08-10
Hi, I have been doing some testing on Excel 2010 and testing out the 32 bit addinn application(which contains vba addins, c++ libraries and VB libraries). And this seems to be working fine with 32 bit version of office and as expected its not working with 64 bit version one. Can some one confirm that to work with office 2010 64 bit, any client application (all dependant components-vb,vc++,vba etc)should be converted to 64 bit? Or will there be a support for 32 bit application by default when 64 bit Office get released? Any suggestion here will be highly appreciated as we need to...

Quest: Getting int(base 10) value from hex formated CString...
Can I convert a Hex Str("0x" included) to int value so I can set it to a int variable. The Hex Str is formated by... HexStr.Format("0x%08x", iDECValue); //iDECValue is temp and goes out of scope... and I want to format another str obj by... AnotherStr.Format("0x%08x", (iNewConvertHexStrToDECValue + iAnotherINTVAL)); So is there a API/C function like atoi but works with Hex number that I can use for this... Any help... I don't know of a pre-existing function but this crude example should work (and it can probably be improved upon): int hatoi(const ...

Change data range graph from 0-60 to 40-60
Don't be shy with details. To change the axis scale, double click on the axis, and on the Scale tab of the dialog, enter more appropriate min and max values. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Change Data range in graph" <Change Data range in graph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4BA7DED-89CE-42E6-BB8E-BD021FAC19EE@microsoft.com... > ...

Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook 02-22-10
I have the following error message: "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window." How do I recover from this in Windows 7? What version of Outlook? Did this work before? Have you created a profile for Outlook to use? "Rick L" <Rick L@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CACF6A8E-57A0-4079-9D36-2DACF8624C4B@microsoft.com... > I have the following error message: "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot > open the Outlook window." How do I recover from this in Windows 7? "Orland, Kathleen"...

CRM Mobile 3.0 Error in Connection.
Hi All, I have successfully installed CRM 3.0 in SBS 2003. 1. CRM Server - Working. 2. CRM Web Client - Working. 3. CRM Outlook Client - Working. 4. CRM Mobile in WM2005 - Not Working ! There were no errors during the installation and configuration of CRM Mobile 3.0. All CRM related services are running. I have followed the Implementation guide very closely. After I deployed and installed the cab file to the PDA which is running WM2005, I launched the CRM Mobile. I entered the User Name / Password and click Ok. I have Go Mobile role. During the registration process, it prompted an err...

Creating Letter Activities using workflow
Hello, I have been trying to create a process using workflow rules where certain events will trigger a rule to create a letter activity. So far, I have had limited success. Some rules seem to work fine and some will be inconsistent in that they will either fire when they are supposed to or they won't. Most of the rules I have tried are based on a change of status to trigger them. For example, I have several rules that are supposed to create a letter activity when the opportunity's status is changed to "Won" When I look in Workflow Monitor, I can see the rules running...

Database corruption 02-02-10
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Email Client: pop I have been using Entourage 2004 for years without trouble. All of a sudden today, it told me it couldn't access my data, and that I should rebuild the database. I clicked OK and the Database Utility launched. When I select &quot;Rebuild Database&quot; and hit Continue, it spins for a bit and then tells me there is an I/O error. So I can't rebuild the database, and can't use my email. Can someone please help me? On 2/2/10 2:39 PM, in article 59bb2219.-1@webcrossing.JaKIax...

learning access 02-17-10
Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to learn access? I know nothing at this point, but must learn it. I was at the same point last month with excel and found this site: http://www.learnmicrosoftexcel.com/free_tutorials/free_tutorials_with_video.htm I paid $14.00 for the cd and learned excel in less than a month. Mike Smart created this cd for someone who knew nothing about excel and it was great! I need something like that. I bought Access 2007 video from Alison Balter and soon realized that video series was for someone that was already familiar with access. I ...

target #3 operation whirlwind 02-04-10
2b 1a 36 f7 4e f8 1a dc 7d be a2 c3 dc 60 73 65 50 22 32 3e ae 2b 4a 89 8a d1 cc 67 ac 5f 87 1e dd bd a9 4c 57 7d 94 eb 55 f2 52 e4 fd 34 30 6c 17 c0 4f 4b 0d 81 ae d0 ba bf 2a 4c 53 79 2b 2a db c3 57 8f 87 52 01 81 62 32 d8 f3 2b b7 ac 8f 13 a6 b7 de 09 55 81 84 d3 79 b0 b8 d4 c4 c0 79 a6 b8 b3 4b 96 6f 66 50 b6 64 c5 23 93 12 f5 52 6b ee f7 50 8e c7 9d c7 b8 e5 5c 9a 07 fb a7 69 b6 01 6f 67 93 b2 14 a8 4c 2f 79 31 ad 75 b8 d2 11 87 8b 5b da 4b 78 e1 09 80 52 68 f5 23 7f ...

Duplicate Email #10
I am using Outlook 2003 on a Win XP Pro Laptop. Most all of the emails I receive are ok but there are a few(especially some from financial institutions, eg: ETRADE, I receive in duplicate) I checked the TO: and both have my address correctly. I have called the sender and they do not know why. On my desktop with Outlook 2000 and Win 98 SE I only get a single as I should. Any possibilities where I should look ? Thanks in advance, BL Anti-virus set to scan incoming/outgoing email? NIS on the computer? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the dis...

Safe mode 05-06-10
How do I restart WinXP in Safe Mode????? On Wed, 5 May 2010 22:32:44 -0700, "bandi" <mnkwms@charter.net> wrote: > >How do I restart WinXP in Safe Mode????? > To start the computer in safe mode 1. You should print these instructions before continuing. They will not be available after you shut your computer down in step 2. 2. Click Start and then click Shut Down. 3. In the drop-down list of the Shut Down Windows dialog box, click Restart, and then click OK. 4. As your computer restarts but before Windows launches, press F8. On a...

Convert blanks to 0 in report
I have a table with the following entries Totals salesoffice Type 319655.46 200 Cash Contribution 2607.94 200 Cash Distribution 1078475.47 200 Security Contribution 1369438.83 300 Cash Contribution 43347.03 300 Cash Distribution 1080221.3 300 Security Contribution 47362.84 300 Security Distribution I'm using a Cross-Tab query as the source for a report. The query is TRANSFORM Sum([Contributions & Distributions Totals].Totals) AS SumOfTotals S...

Simple import/export of customization procedure in CRM 3.0
Hi I dont know whats the porblem but its not working, I added a few fields and tabs here and there, and also made some mapping ... published customizations and everything is OK, but when trying to import those customizations on to another server, it says import succesfull, but nothing changes. can some one give me the simple steps of exporting and then importing customizations?? -- Alaadin Abu Libdeh publish all entities then see if the changes appear ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "AbuLibdeh" <AbuLi...