Setting up an NSF charge posting account

I'm trying to post an NSF check and I kept getting this message -- "Please
specify a default NSF Charge posting account before making the cash receipt
as NSF."

Does anyone know where I would go to to find the NSF Charge posting account?
 I went through Receivable Setup and Sales Order Setup but could not find
anything with that description.

Thank you for the help.
--
LN
0

Hi you will want to go into Tools --> Setup --> Posting --> Posting Accounts.

Once in this screen change the Series to Sales :
Go to the Line that says NSF Charges and proceed to enter the account that
the NSF charges will be posted to.

Thanks
Don

"loann" wrote:

> I'm trying to post an NSF check and I kept getting this message -- "Please
> specify a default NSF Charge posting account before making the cash receipt
> as NSF."
>
> Does anyone know where I would go to to find the NSF Charge posting account?
>  I went through Receivable Setup and Sales Order Setup but could not find
> anything with that description.
>
> Thank you for the help.
> --
> LN
0
don.craig1 (22)
9/3/2008 7:00:01 PM
That's well hidden!

Thank you very much for help, Don!
--
LN

"loann" wrote:

> I'm trying to post an NSF check and I kept getting this message -- "Please
> specify a default NSF Charge posting account before making the cash receipt
> as NSF."
>
> Does anyone know where I would go to to find the NSF Charge posting account?
>  I went through Receivable Setup and Sales Order Setup but could not find
> anything with that description.
>
> Thank you for the help.
> --
> LN
0
loann (24)
9/3/2008 8:45:01 PM
That group of accounts is the ultimate safety net for posting and is a basic
setup function.  Check out our book Information Flow and Posting to see how
these and other accounts are used together.

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"loann" wrote:

> That's well hidden!
>
> Thank you very much for help, Don!
> --
> LN
>

> "loann" wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to post an NSF check and I kept getting this message -- "Please
> > specify a default NSF Charge posting account before making the cash receipt
> > as NSF."
> >
> > Does anyone know where I would go to to find the NSF Charge posting account?
> >  I went through Receivable Setup and Sales Order Setup but could not find
> > anything with that description.
> >
> > Thank you for the help.
> > --
> > LN
0
info4071 (3005)

Free tool for automatic email account configuration
Hey Just wanted to share news about a new free tool for automatic email configuration in Outlook, Outlook Express and other mail clients. http://outlook-center.com/How-to-configure-and-email-account-in-Microsoft-Outlook-Outlook-Express-Windows-Live-and-Windows-Mai/63/ -- ______________________________________ Posted from http://outlook-center.com Outlook forums, articles, tips. ...

Setting the alert on the performance monitor?
I am running Server 2003 and I am trying to set the threshold monitor for an alert on the system monitor. What numbers do I use? Is it a percentage? It keeps prompting me for a number from 0 - 1.79769e+308. I do not know what this second number is? I would appreciate any insite. Regards, What counter are you trying to monitor? "eotrue" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2300101c45dd3$482a7080$a001280a@phx.gbl... >I am running Server 2003 and I am trying to set the > threshold monitor for an alert on the system monitor. > > What numb...

Chart of Accounts for Events Management
Dear All, - Can any body provide me with best practice structure for Chart of Accounts Events Management for Racing Circuit? And my concern the profit & loss account structure for cost & profit center. - Can I have my departments, events, etc. cost / profit center outside my chart of accounts? If yes where I will store those account since I want them mandatory if they are outside my chart of account. And what you suggest to keep them in my chart of accounts or outside it. Regards You can use any standard Chart of Accounts. The few accounts that are industry specific can b...

Kit Sales Distribution Accounts
Is there a way to use the Sales Account from the component items from a Kit as the posting accounts on an SOP Invoice? Not unless there is a 3rd party product that will do this. Basic GP will not. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "jgrebe" wrote: > Is there a way to use the Sales Account from the component items from a Kit > as the posting accounts on an SOP Invoice? ...

Looking for help with "440 Posting Not Allowed" server error
Please help anybody . . . I have been able to post messages via microsoft's news server but when I try posting to those same newsgroups via titannews.com (for which I am a paying subscriber) I always get a "440 Posting Not Allowed" server error. This wouldn't have anything to do with needing posting privelages for the newgroup would it? If it's a server error then it's not even getting to the intended newsgroup? Or may this type of error result from other causes? Maybe there's a seasoned news server user who can point me in the right direction for resolving t...

Accounts Receivable statements
We are trying to generate an Account Receivable statement. We want to be able to print the statements for our customers. The method I am trying is "Journal -> Close Billing Cycle" . We select the first option: "Close billing cycle for all customers" and check the option "Print statements". After clicking "Generate", POS returns the message "No Customers with accounts were found." This occurs even though when we generate reports through 'Reports -> Customers -> Accounts Receivable: Detailed', there is a list of existing Acc...

Setting up an IMAP account 'Properly'in outlook XP
Hi everyone, I'm sorry if this question's been asked before, but I really didn' find an answer, even after a two hour search. I have been using Outlook express up 'till now and I want to star using Outlook. Now then, I have an Imap mail account and in Outloo express I can set my account to automatically jump to my Imap inbo when I start the program and to automatically remove emails from th server when I delete them, now every mail that I delete is marked by line through the subject but they're not effectively removed, you kno what I mean. I can't seem to find those...

OL2003 - Rules
I have three POP3 accounts setup in Outlook 2003 each from different providers. So, I created two rules to move the email based on specified account to other folders to separate the email based on account. So, my default account goes into the Inbox and the other accounts go into their own specific folders. When I setup the rules I choose "through the specified account" in the "condition" section then specify the account. Then choose "move it to the specified folder" in the "what to do with the message" section then specify the folder to move it to. ...

OL2003 with imap account stops responding
Hello All The OL2003 imap client (Also OL2000) seems to have a problem. When I use it (3 different machines installed separately (XP with win update, one home and two pro) at different times all up to date and on different connections... and also in safe mode and without the recycle switch... also towards different imap servers...) outlook seems to freeze for a looong time (See log in a moment). It also seems to block Explorer (not IE) or at least make it very unresponsive. For the log: IMAP: 07:57:10 [tx] 6goo STATUS "Sent Items" (UNSEEN) IMAP: 07:57:11 [db] OnNotify: asOld...

Post a batch
I want to post my batch of the Journal Entry............ i can`t post my batch o mi journal entry.... message: this batch is receiving transactions Is there someone else using the batch? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com Consulta, A few options: 1) Take a look at KB article 850289 https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;850289 2) Run the batch PartnerSource: https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/support/selfsupport/automatedsolutions/ CustomerSource: https://mbs.microsoft.com/...

Post to Web
I want to post some forms and put them on the company website. I go into File>Save as Web Page, and then choose "Selection: Sheet" and then "Add Interactivity" it turns my sheet into an htm file. Then, I seem to be able to use it in Internet Explorer much the same as I would in Excel. I have input and output values on this page, but I've unlocked the input cells and protected the sheet so the formulas can't be tampered with. My questions are as follows: 1) If I send the file to someone, or post it to a website, can someone dig through and find the formul...

Store program settings
I am writing my first VC++ application at the moment and I was wondering what is the best (or standard or most common) way of storing application settings so that next time the user runs the program the settings are saved. For example, I would like to store a list of servers for my client program to connect to i.e. I will store name, location, IP and port number for each server. Should I use XML files? Or ini files? Or some arbritary text format? Also, assuming I will be writing to and from text files - what is the best way of doing this using VC++/MFC? Thanks. You can use the regi...

Setting up Hotmail in Outlook
I'm trying to set up my Outlook file to check a hotmail account every time it searches my regular mail server. Everytime it does the search, I get a "Hotmail Folder Inbox Synchronizing Headers' error. Anybody have any ideas, or know of a place I can get suggestions on fixing this? You need Outlook Connector which will check and download your web mail. You can easily search for this online. It will then allow you to add your Hotmail account to Outlook. "Edward Owen" wrote: > I'm trying to set up my Outlook file to check a hotmail account every time &g...

Monthly Reports use closed accounts
I just upgraded to Money Plus Premium and was trying various things to make sure it all worked. I can set up most reports to include the Accounts and Investments I want but the Monthly Reports won't allow me to do that. When I run them that report includes accounts I have closed years ago and investments I have sold. The result is that the section that shows my best and worst investments for the month is pretty useless because it lists mostly things I have no interest in. In fact I suppost all the other information in the monthly report is equally useless since it is working on the ...

set excel cell value
i'm no expert at vba and have been having a hard time trying to send a value from an open access form to a specific cell in excel. I've been writing a module in Ac2000 that opens excel, names the sheet, and sends some Access table data over. Thanks to Bob Larsons code I was able to do most of this. After a week of trial and error i'm now also able to format the sheet the way it needs to be, plus some conditional formatting that seems to be working out great- now i'm very badly stuck on trying to send a value from an open access form to a particular cell in the shee...

Outlook 2003 keeps setting itself as my default e-mail client
Hello Outlook 2003 - I have unchecked the box in Tools --> options --> other that says "make outlook the default program for e-mail, contacts, and calender" Still every time I open outlook it resets itself as my default email client... Anyone know how to resolve this problem? Thanks manish500@hotmail.com <manish500@hotmail.com> wrote: > Outlook 2003 - I have unchecked the box in Tools --> options --> other > that says "make outlook the default program for e-mail, contacts, and > calender" > > Still every time I open outlook it resets ...

how do i configure secrity settings?
how do i configure secrity settings? mondawindoo wrote: > how do i configure secrity settings? Set to Restricted Sites security zone. It's an security option in Outlook. Go look. Please see http://www.officeforlawyers.com/howask.htm -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "mondawindoo" <mondawindoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC453351-E8EA-4C52-A...

Setting up account for outlook
I am trying to set up my outlook on my computer using Windows Mail. I get to the part where it asks me about my provider/server information and I am lost. I do not know what kind of server my incoming or outgoing mail is nor do I know how to find it. I get this error: The host 'HTML' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'test', Account: 'SMTP', Server: 'HTML', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D -- Anthony Outlook or Outlook Express...

XML Post / Reply
I need to make a web service call using an HTTPS POST. XML data is returned in the body of the HTTPS reply. What is the best way to do this with asp.net web services? I am very comfortable in the world of asp.net and C# but have done nothing with web services or XML. My first incling is to stream an XML document to an HTTP Request object and then stream the response back to an XML document but guessing there is a better way? Thanks, Sample data: <Request StoreID="myStoreID" StoreKey="myStoreKey" ApplicationID="My Application Name Ver 1.0"> <Credi...

Open Mailbox after Disabling user account
Is there a way to Open a users mailbox after the AD user account has been disabled? Or then reenabled? I tried both and it just states that it cannot expand the folders. I'm trying to add the mailbox to another users Outlook 2003 Client (using Exchange Server) and selecting the previously disabled account in the "Open these additional mailboxes" listbox. What is the best procedure should you want to disable the account, and still have access to the old mail messages? Any help is appreciated. Hi, If you add the associated external account permission to the disabled users ...

Send as a different email account
Hey, I have forward@domain.com - people send email to there, it gets forwarded to real@domain.com When I am replying to an email sent to forward@domain.com, I want to *automatically* have the 'From' bit reading forward@domain.com - Not as real@domain.com How can I achieve this? Outlook wont use the reply address as what is given in the 'To' of the email. Thanks, Andrew Outlook version? Account is POP3/IMAP4 or Exchange?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outl...

How do I save the colours that I have set for each bars?
I have build a pivot chart and define each bars by colors. But each time I select and run another page field, the colors I set before change to other colors. I'd save my work every each and then, but still it cannot help me. Can anyone help me on this. Thank You. This loss of custom formatting is an admitted issue in pivot charts. You could : (a) record and replay a macro to reformat the pivot chart as needed. (b) define a custom chart type and reapply it when needed. (c) make a regular chart from the pivot data, with dynamic ranges to reflect changing series lengths. - Jon -----...

How do I set the date to change into the right format?
I need to be able to type 15/06/06 or 150606 and for it to change to 15-jun-06 when I leave the cell. I have tried all kinds of things, and usually, it stays as I typed it, or it shows like I type it mm-dd-yy. Can someone please tell me how to format the date cell properly? I have so many cover sheets to type for the month end...!Thank you! Did you try to format your cells to the format you want, in your case Format/Cells/Date/[*chosse*]? Henk "Tab In The Office" wrote: > I need to be able to type 15/06/06 or 150606 and for it to change to > 15-jun-06 when I leave t...

Change "zoom" size in publisher and set as a default?
I would like to change the default "zoom" setting in publisher. I have not found how to change this. Suggestions? SheilaC <SheilaC@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I would like to change the default "zoom" setting in publisher. I > have not found how to change this. Suggestions? Default Zoom add-in is available at http://www.publishermvps.com/Programming/AddIns/tabid/43/Default.aspx -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher What version Publisher? An Add-in here, scroll down... Default Zoom Add-in v1.0 (for Publisher 2...

copy & paste worksheet with print settings into new worksheet
How do I copy the current month's report into a new worksheet and keep the print settinds of the original worksheet in the new worksheet? Not by copy/pasting cells. You can right-click on the sheet tab and "Move or copy" Check "create a copy" and select where you want copy of the sheet to be inserted. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 04:17:02 -0800, Larry Ohio <Larry Ohio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I copy the current month's report into a new worksheet and keep the >print settinds of the original works...