Setting database location to SQL Server

Hello,
I'm looking to move the POS system database from the local MSDE database to
a SQL server.  I've restored a recent backup (.bck) to a SQL server machine
on our network and I'm looking for information on how to reconnect the POS to
the new SQL server.  Before we go live I will restore a new backup but I'm
just testing the solution for now.
The overall plan is to separate the database from the cash register and
allow SQL server to perform backups and other normal database task.
Is there a separate configuration tool for changing data connection
information?
Can the configuration be changed in the POS and if so I'm guessing it would
be available to users with the owner’s role only?
Thanks,
 Larry

Larry,

What is the POS you are referring to?

Regards,
--
Mohammad R. Daoud
MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS

"LP" wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm looking to move the POS system database from the local MSDE database to
> a SQL server.  I've restored a recent backup (.bck) to a SQL server machine
> on our network and I'm looking for information on how to reconnect the POS to
> the new SQL server.  Before we go live I will restore a new backup but I'm
> just testing the solution for now.
> The overall plan is to separate the database from the cash register and
> allow SQL server to perform backups and other normal database task.
> Is there a separate configuration tool for changing data connection
> information?
> Can the configuration be changed in the POS and if so I'm guessing it would
> be available to users with the owner’s role only?
> Thanks,
>  Larry

Changing WinRM service/server port
Anyone know how to change the server/service port? I've created a listener, but I think I need to change the WinRM client and server to use the new port... PS C:\> Set-WSManInstance -ResourceURI winrm/config/service/DefaultPorts -Value @{HTTP="6000"} Set-WSManInstance : The WinRM client cannot process the request because it is trying to update a read-only setting. Rem ove this setting from the command and try again. At line:1 char:18 + Set-WSManInstance <<<< -ResourceURI winrm/config/service/DefaultPorts -Value @{HTTP="6000"} + Category...

Database Setup
I need to create a database to document employees performance. I need to list the employee, their department and then their job functions that they are responsible for. Each employee in the unit share the same job functions. I need to list about 15 different criteria for each job function and this is where I'm struggling. Would it be best to have a table for each job function and have the criteria part of that table, if I did that I'd end up with about 30 tables. I'm thinking there has to be an easier way, I just don't know what that would be. Any help you can give i...

How to handle abnormal user disconnection condition from server?
I use MFC Visual C++ 4.2. I developed a simple network application to send message inter-clients and the number of clients also only a few persons ( about less than 10 persons ). I have succeeded in establishing server-client and client-server connection, sending and receiving messages from client. Now my problem are: 1. I need to send a message from a client to other client. How to know that the message I sent will be received by the correct user intended, not missed to other user? 2. How to handle the condition of unexpected user disconnection from server? E.g. : the user worksta...

Adding 2nd server in an Exchange 5.5 environment
Is there an easy way to move the IMS connector from one Exchange 5.5 server to another? I recently added a new Exchange 5.5 server running on Windows 2000( No AD). Now I would like to move the IMS connector so I can remove the original mail server from the network. ( The Original server is a dog) I have just started this process and the goal is to get my old P2 system out of the network and replace it with a much faster Dual Xeon box, then upgrade the new mail server to Exchange 2000.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... -- Dale I believe the correct process is to instal...

The Settings button keeps disappearing
Hi, I'm having a weird problem when I access CRM using the web client. When I access the site, I see all the buttons (Workplace, Sales, etc) except the Settings button. If I reboot, the button is back. My security role is system Admin. Any idea what is wrong? Thanks! Simon Are you running the Microsoft CRM Outlook Desktop client in parallel? Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP Workopia, Inc. http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com "Simon Renshaw" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm having a weird problem when I access CRM using the web client. When I > access the site, I s...

Outlook client connect to exchange server 5.5 problem
Outlook client connect to exchange server 5.5, i get the following message box: "The name could not be resolved. The connection to the microsoft exchange server is unavailable. All other clients are able to connect and resolve the mailbox name. I can't ping and resolve the exchange server from the problems outlook client. The problems occur after i run repair the w2k pro. can anyone help? EL can not ping... well start with basic IP testing. use ipconfig /all from a command prompt on the misconfigured client. Check for DHCP default Gateway - make sure it looks like a client t...

Strange Problem when closing the database object
Hi All, I have a COM component using which is interacting with the database using the CDAODATABASE class. my applications works fine when i built it with VS6. when i built the application with VS2005, the application is suddently unloaded when i am trying to close the database. my database object is CDaoDatabase *m_DB; when my application calls the following method the component is getting unloaded. STDMETHODIMP CFeatureTable::Close() { AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState()) HRESULT hRes = S_OK; if (!m_Initialized) return S_OK; TRY_DAO { // Nee...

Check Verification data is not saved into the database
A Check tender type has been created with the "Open" Check Verification. It seems to work OK except: 1) Although Driver's License, State and Birth Date are diaplyed on the form in POS the data entered is not saved into the Database. 2) The account Number is masked with X's. Can this be switched off anywhere? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open th...

Windows CE and Databases in VS 2005 #2
I want to create a DB app in windows CE. I do not have experience with t CE. Can you still use .cdb files in Windows CE? Or must one use SQL databases? It seems there's not much documentation for this. Any help appreciated!!! TIA b ...

GP 10 and Terminial Server 2008
My customer is having issues with GP 10 sp4 and Terminal Server 2008. Whenever they are in one of the Navigation panes (Purchasing) and they choose an option in the navigation Pane other than the PURCHASING (ie VENDORS) they are kicked out of GP. Has anyone come across this? ...

Last day of posting via Microsoft server
Well, I guess this is the last day of posting via the Microsoft server. http://www.teranews.com/ Your own free account ($3.95 one time setup fee) that allows posting or use public.teranews.com without an account (no posting & speed capped). You can use any standard news client you choose to read and post to any newsgroup. Or Google it: http://groups.google.com/groups/search?hl=en&q=microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion&qt_s=Search God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto:BillHughes@billhughes.com http://www.billhughes.com/jeep_bookmark.htm "D...

SQL Server Reporting Services Reports in Access
Using Access 2007 and SQL Server 2008. Is there a way to display SQL Server Reporting Services reports in Access 2007? If so, links to documentation/examples would be appreciated. -- AG Email: npATadhdataDOTcom Hi AG, No,there is no compatible interface for converting SSRS report to Access 2007 now.You may consider first export your SSRS report to an Excel file and then embed an OLE object "Microsoft Office Excel 97-2003 Worksheet". If you only need the data, you can directly import data from Excel to your Access database. Best regards, Charles Wa...

Setting .doc default to .doc, not .dox
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel How do i do this for all new documents? > How do i do this for all new documents? I meant .doc instead of .docx Word> Preferences> Save, choose Word 97-2004 Document (.doc) from the Save Word files as: list - just keep in mind that you'll be constantly working in Compatibility Mode which will prevent the use of some of 2008's features. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/23/08 7:50 PM, in article ee99690.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "dbdbdb@officeformac.com" <dbdbdb@officeform...

Setting directory for file save in macro
Hi Thanks to a generous poster I now have a great bit of code to use in a macro for Excel which saves a text file (I'm no VBA programmer so this was really helpful), i.e.: Open "Test.txt" For Output As #1 (rest of code) My problem now is this: The macro saves test.txt to Excel's current active folder, rather than the folder that the current workbook is contained in. For example, if I last saved an Excel workbook to c:\workbooks\, and the workbook that I have open exists in c:\workbooks\workbook1\, when I run the macro it saves the text file in c:\workbooks\. If I ...

Public Folders: How to set up Auto-Reply in EX2003?
Hi guys, I've configured a public folder to receive mail from the Internet, and also set up an auto-reply rule using the Folder Assistant to reply when an e-mail is sent to the folder. The folder will auto-reply just fine if I e-mail it from within the Exchange organization, but if folks from the Internet e-mail the folder, it doesn't reply. Any ideas? Thanks! Jeff I ended up figuring out what the problem was. Just in case anyone else has this problem, what I needed to do to fix it was: - Open Exchange System Manager > Global Settings > Internet Message Formats - Right-c...

Trying to set up account, geting nowhere FAST!
From: "Lenora" <lmandre@windstream.net> Subject: Understanding what Microsoft Communities Date: Friday, September 14, 2007 5:41 PM Hello out there! What is Microsoft Communities all about? Is it something that comes with no charge when you get Microsoft Vista? This is the 4th computer I've had (besides ones at work). First a Compaq that I loaded everything I could from work, the computer guy gave me stuff...did work at home, brought it back to work, and visa versa. Second was a re-built computer that was given to me by a man in the town we had moved to...out of the g...

Printing
Hope you folks can help me out with a strange one. I have several worksheets formatted in exactly the same way as follows: Col A - width 4 Col B - hidden Col C - width 4 Col D - Width 108 Col E - Width 3 Col F - Width 11 Col G - Hidden Col H - Width 11 & Empty My print range should be Cols A:G (I have used page setup to set the scaling to fit 1 page wide by [blank] pages tall, thus each sheet will print as many pages as required depending on number of rows] When I have the print range set to A:G only columns A:E show on the print preview (and also on the actual print out) and when I m...

5.5 actual database size
Which formula does exchange 5.5 standard use to decide if it's reached 16G 1. Database size = file size 2. Database size = file size - free space (shown by event 1221) I just need to know if I have to do an offline defrag or not as event 1221 is showing around 4G of free space (after a lot of archiving) but the file size is very close to 16G. Thanks in advance. Pete "=?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZUw=?=" <PeteL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:367267BB-1251-4F6A-9101-A6751320EB23@microsoft.com: > Which formula does exchange 5.5 standard use to decide if it's reached...

look way to map form at CRM frontend to tables at CRM database
How can I find out what tables which new record has been added on when I enter data through a form in CRM front end? I try to find way to map form in the CRM frontend to the tables at the CRM database at backend? It is CRM 3.0 Thank in advances for help! ...

Access to Server
Hi All. I install CRM 1.2 in a Windows 2003 Server. From the server with a Administrator Logon and by the explorer, i access to CRM Administration without problems. If i use the Implemetation aplication or if i try to install the CRM Outlook, the message is: "The Localhost server is not responce" Thanks for a possible help. Hi, Can you do a 'nslookup' and 'ping' to the server name? "Rui Sousa" wrote: > Hi All. > > I install CRM 1.2 in a Windows 2003 Server. > > From the server with a Administrator Logon and by the explorer, i acces...

Setting up Exchange 2003
I had this problem the other day while extending the schema in preparation for an upgrade to Exchange 2003. I searched through a lot of databases and search engines, and found that a lot of people have had this problem, but none of the forums led to a clear cut answer to the issue. So, I thought I'd share my solution to try and help others out, and save them some time and frustration. I was ready to call Microsoft support right before I figured this out. While running forest prep (setup /forestprep), setup failed with Error code 0XC103798A. It then specified to check the Exchange inst...

question about leaving messages on server
My husband and I have 1 POP mail account. I am accessing it from a computer in Virginia, where I'm staying with relatives. He is accessing the same account from California. I have my Outlook set up to keep messages on the server, but to delete them after 1 day (so that he will still get the messages, but the server won't get clogged). His email program, Eudora, is set up so the messages will be deleted from the server after he downloads them. Is there a chance I won't get some messages because he has his computer set up that way? (He downloads it 1st, then it gets deleted off serv...

upload form problem / server question
www.icingpictures.co.uk / win xp / frontpage 2003 Want to create a form with upload file form field - i read on this forum that the server type i use is important - it should be a windows type server with frontpage extensions - i currently use a linux server with front page extensions - do i need to change to a windows server? Thanks for taking a looka t my question. Joyce Yes, you must have a Windows Server, just like you stated you read. -- Tom [Pepper] Willett Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997 --------------------------- "threademporium" <threademporiu...

Editing more than 1 table at a time with SQL.
Say I have two tables in a DB called TABLE1, and TABLE2. TABLE1 [IDNUMBER] [FIRSTNAME] 1 Ryan 2 Jennifer 3 Monica TABLE2 [IDNUMBER] [LASTNAME] 1 Johnson 2 Snipes 3 Smith My question is would I be able to use SQL in code to Edit, Delete or Insert data to both tables in one string rather than one table at a time? For instance what if I want to change both tables with a [IDNUMBER] = 2 to a [IDNUMBER] = 4, OR change the ...

Upgrading from Great Plains 7 (SQL) to Great Plains 8
When upgrading from Great Plains 7 to Great Plains 8 will all dexterity and other supported customizations be persisted? I would doubt it since some there were changes in some of the tables. I know that some of our customized reports, specifically Purchase Orders and most of the documents in Sales Order Processing that we customized had to be redone. "GaryG" wrote: > When upgrading from Great Plains 7 to Great Plains 8 will all dexterity and > other supported customizations be persisted? Hi If you have had any bespoke work added to your v7 GP, you will need to up...