Server list blank when launching GP Utilities

We just installed GP 9.0 on a new workstation.  When we try to launch GP
Utilities, we do not see our ODBC connection in the list of server names.
The list is blank.  We did create the System DSN correctly.  Any ideas?
0
Elaine (442)

Are you logged in as an administrator of that machine? Usually when you
create a system DSN as a non-administrative user, for some strange reason
Windows will let you continue with the procedure, but will not save the
connection.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Elaine" wrote:

> We just installed GP 9.0 on a new workstation.  When we try to launch GP
> Utilities, we do not see our ODBC connection in the list of server names.
> The list is blank.  We did create the System DSN correctly.  Any ideas?
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
1/6/2009 7:13:01 PM
Hi Mariano,

Actually, I meant to update this with our resolution.  We using a 64-bit
operating system.  We had to follow KB article # 918983 to create a 32-bit
ODBC.  Thanks for the responding, though!

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Are you logged in as an administrator of that machine? Usually when you
> create a system DSN as a non-administrative user, for some strange reason
> Windows will let you continue with the procedure, but will not save the
> connection.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Elaine" wrote:
>
> > We just installed GP 9.0 on a new workstation.  When we try to launch GP
> > Utilities, we do not see our ODBC connection in the list of server names.
> > The list is blank.  We did create the System DSN correctly.  Any ideas?
0
Elaine (442)
1/6/2009 7:19:02 PM
Thanks for the update!

Best regards,
--

"Elaine" wrote:

> Hi Mariano,
>
> Actually, I meant to update this with our resolution.  We using a 64-bit
> operating system.  We had to follow KB article # 918983 to create a 32-bit
> ODBC.  Thanks for the responding, though!
>
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > Are you logged in as an administrator of that machine? Usually when you
> > create a system DSN as a non-administrative user, for some strange reason
> > Windows will let you continue with the procedure, but will not save the
> > connection.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> >

> > "Elaine" wrote:
> >
> > > We just installed GP 9.0 on a new workstation.  When we try to launch GP
> > > Utilities, we do not see our ODBC connection in the list of server names.
> > > The list is blank.  We did create the System DSN correctly.  Any ideas?
0
MarianoGomez (3440)

Smart List /Payroll
New to GP. I am looking for the best place to pull employee demographics and related annual base pay. I see this field on one of the payroll code screens called annual pay but cannot find it.. I would just like the employee's annual pay based on their pay rate. hello max, that field is not on the payroll, it is on the Human resources tables and its called annual salary Hi Max- Unfortunately, pay code information is not available in Smartlist (assuming you are referring to the annual pay rate stored for a pay code under Cards>>Payroll>>Pay Code). You might look at Repor...

Drop down-list translation

Need help bring over GP 7.0 data to new a GP 8.0 server.
I'm setting up a GP 8.0 Test Server with SQL 2000 SP3a installed. How do I bring my Great Plains 7.0 Data into the GP 8.0 envirnoment? Thanks in advance, The easiest way is the following: On the 7.0 server, detach DYNAMICS. Copy the DYNAMICS mdf and ldf file from the 7.0 to the 8.0 server. On the 8.0 server, attach and browse to the mdf that you copied. On the 7.0 server, attach DYNAMICS. Repeat for all databases. If you also need the sql logins from the 7.0 server, there is a TK on how to do this (uses a table called RecoveryMaster within Dynamics db). If you can go without the s...

accessing Project Portfolio server
hi ! i have SQL Server 2005 installed in standalone with the project portfolio server 2007, but when i trying to access portfolio application by using url: "http://servername/portfolioserver" with my account name and pwd, i have this error: Objet name "SfAccounts" invalid ! please help me. Have you restored or upgraded your Portfolio Server database? What that sounds like is that the default installed 'account' i the database is diffeent to what is configured in the web.config file. In your "C:\inetpub\PortfolioServer2007\PortfolioServer\web.c...

Problems installing IM on server
We recently upgraded to Dynamics GP 9.0, when we tried to upgrade/install integration manager on the server, it refused to complete the install and rolled back the installation. However when we installed it on a client machine, the installation/upgrade went through without a hitch. Why am I having a problem loading it on the server? I've never loaded IM on the server. Only on workstations. The only thing that should be on the server for IM is the IM Database for shared access. "Leni" wrote: > We recently upgraded to Dynamics GP 9.0, when we tried to upgrade/install ...

Generating a list from Excel 2003
Hi, I would like to know how to generate a list from data in Excel 2003. I would like this list to be generated and put into a document such as Word or some other form. My Sheet has Headings such as First Name, Last Name, Address, Pass (which will bwe checked for some) Thank-you in advance for youe help If it is a table, you can simply copy and paste from Excel into MS Word. If you are trying to print labels with Excel as the database, you do that from MS Word and with the worksheet you want to use as the first worksheet (the first worksheet requirement may not be necessary in Excel...

Blank Form 04-25-07
Hello. I have a form with a combo box in it which has a list of part numbers. When the user enters a part number from the list and hits the "Execute" button it takes them to another form which has detailed info about that particular part number. HOWEVER, if the user enters a bogus part number, it takes them to a completely blank form. I would like to know how to make it so that instead of going to the form it simply says "Part Number Does Not Exist." Any help on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks :) You can set the LimitToList Property of the combo to Yes, tha...

Help creating two listings from one record
I have extracted "members" from my database. One record will contain LastName and FirstName, and may also contain SpouseName. Because I am creating membership cards in Publisher, I think I probably should actually create another query or ?? that contains one record with either [FirstName LastName] or [SpouseName LastName] Probablyl something like ... If SpouseName greater spaces List SpouseName LastName else next sentence. List FirstName LastName I don't have a clue how to do this in Access. Appreciate all help. Try this -- [FirstName] &a...

Installing addin on server
I have a nifty addin that I want to make available through a web site. Is it possible to install an addin located on the web? (I tried adding the ftp'd website address but was unsuccessful.) TIA Did you try Browse from the Tools, Addins dialog? At the bottom of the "look in" drop down is "FTP Locations". -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "zSplash" <zNOSPAMSplash@ gci.net> wrote in message news:O%23roM8gMEHA.1188@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... |I have a nifty addin that I want to make available through a web site. Is | it possible to install an addin located on ...

Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server
Hi, At the end of the installation process we get following error: "Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server. Setup was unable to provision your organization. Setup was unable to create root business unit. Unknown error (80004000)" I believe it coud be a DNS error. However, all settings seem to be fine. I am installing CRM with an account that has Domain Admin priviledges. However, it seems that the setup can not create the first organizational unit after some basic NT User Groups are created. Anybody had the same problem? Ralf, If you are installing the new 1.2 it cre...

Which one first?Install Windows Server 2003 SP1 or Exchange SP2 ? #2
Hi, We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. We planned to update the software in terms of patches, so which one should I do first, the OS patches (SP1 and onwards) or the Exchange patches ? By the way, any issue with Exchange SP2 ? Rgrds, Zul See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=37488 and http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=896742. I would recomment upgrading Exchange first. -- Regards, Roland "Zul J" wrote: > Hi, > > We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. We planned to update > the software in terms of patches, so which one...

Personal Backup Folder Utility
I do not see the "Backup" option under File in Outlook after a successful install. - I did not receive any errors during installation. - I'm running Windows 2000 - I'm NOT an admin to the machine but it installed successfully. - The Utility is in the ad\remove programs. - Itried online and offline and still no Backup option in File menu.. Please assist. ...

add exchange server
Here's my config: SERVER1-- OLD PENTIUM II-- MAIL GATEWAY, running IIS, GFI to scan for spam and virus. This server receives and cleans up incoming mail and sends to Server2. SERVER2-- Exchange 2003, OWA (this is the only Exchange Server in our 50 user organization.) Both Servers are NATTED behind a firewall with only the necessary ports forwarded As you may have guessed, I want to decommission SERVER1, which is not running Exchange-- and replace with an Exchange Server that will be setup with anti-virus/antispam. So lets suppose I replace SERVER1 with a faster machine ru...

SMTP Relay Server and Mail Aliases
Hi! I have front-end and back-end Exchange. I do not want that my front-end Exchange has SMTP relay functionality. I want to deploy a SMTP relay server in DMZ. My problem is: This SMTP relay server is not a member of my Exchnage AD domain and does not know about mail aliases in my Exchange domain. I do not want that I open additional ports on firewall which is between my Exchange domain and SMTP mail relay. My question is: How can I inform that SMTP relay server knows about all mail aliases on my Exchange domain? Best Regards Mustafa "mustafa" <mustafa@discussions.microso...

Exchange 2003 Server
I have got an Exchange 2003 server up and running over this past weekend. My old 2000 Exchange server is still around also. What I am noticing is that when I am on the 2003 server I don't see all the options like I do on the 2000 server. When I am in the protocols on the 2003 server, I see my default virtual server for POP3 but nothing under SMTP, but I do see it when I am on the 2K server. The same goes for my connectors. I see them on the 2000 server but not on the 2003. any ideas? You should see SMTP under protocols and you should see the connectors folder under routing grou...

Pick list width changes by itself...why?
I have some columns with the width 4. Sometimes the validation pick list is wide like 40 and sometimes it is only as wide as the column. I already know there's code to temp make the column wider when you click on it. But this behaviour of the pick list sometimes appearing much wider than the column makes me think there's something influencing the width of the pick list itself. Is there some way to control the width of the pick list without changing the width of the column or is what I'm seeing occur just an Excel bug? Thanks, Joe M. ...

Smart list data not in tables
I have alot of data that for some reason is in the smart list but is not veiwed in the tables....any easy way to get the data back in the tables. MR Have you used some tool like Query Analyzer to view the suspected tables? If you will tell me the SmartList you are trying to view, I'll give you the tables. There is no way SL is showing nonexistent data; it's just a report writer. "Mike R" <MikeR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12CC49A0-FB4F-48F8-AAD8-7EBB2D973CCE@microsoft.com... >I have alot of data that for some reason is in the smart list b...

Hiding exchange alias in adress list
H Want to know if it's possible to hide the exchange alias from the adress list, only the alias nothing else and is it possible to set the maximum recipients to send to on a group, eg. have users that only should be allowed to mail 1 user a time I know that this can be done under exchange general for a single user, but I have 9000 users that need that restriction thanks in advance Joakim Larsso ...

I did install Genuine Advantage ActiveX control. But why could not find it in my IE Add-ons List?
Several days ago, I downloaded Windows Mobile Device Center from Micorosft web site for my Windows 7. As it needed Windows Genuine Verification, I installed the Genuine Advantage ActiveX control for my IE8. But now, I can not find this activeX control in my IE Add-ons List( IE -> Tools -> Manage Add-ons options of Internet Explorer ). Anyone could tell me why and where? Thanks in advance. It installed and it is not removable in any shape or form. Once done (Genuine Advantage ActiveX) it is done :-) -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of oth...

Terminal Session server
I have set a terminal session server. I connect using a VIP and it connects me to server A then about 10 minutes later it logs out and then connects me to server B. Does anyone know what is causing this? ...

Updating Share Point list from within Excel
I have the need to update an existing SharePoint list within Excel using VBA code. Is this possible? Can somebody point me to some reference that can direct met on how to do it? I'm able to save workbook and create dashboard from that workbook. However, now I need to update custom fields in an existing list. Regards, OMER ...

How to get the certificate for an SSL server (HTTPS)???
Hi all, I do not belive it!! I tried to obtain the certificate for an SSL server (http connectio) but I cannot. I use "INTERNET_OPTION_SECURITY_CERTIFICATE" or "INTERNET_OPTION_SECURITY_CERTIFICATE_STRUCT", calling with InternetQueryOption (or CInternetSession::QueryOption). Dosen't matter what option I have the function fails and the result is allways ERROR_WINHTTP_INCORRECT_HANDLE_TYPE (The type of handle supplied is incorrect for this operation.). Knows anybody how can I do this? Knows someone a piece of code where InternetQueryOption realy runs? Or is ther...

Server Requirements (Dual Processor?)
I have a P4 3.x ghz processor, 2Gb ram. SQL and Exchange will be running on two different boxes, all will be running win2k3. Will this support 10-20 users? Is the dual processor a hard requirement (will the application install on a single processor box)? Or will the installation fail? Yes, you can install CRM on a single processor box. If this box is only your web server, and you have separate SQL/AD/Exchange servers, you should have no problem. The load on the web server is actually quite light...it's the SQL server you need to worry about! Mike "Gene" <anonymous@discus...

cmap & list members
hi, i'm dealing with a class containing a cmap public member CMap<CString, LPCSTR, clsTarea*, clsTarea*>m_listaTareas; but when in any function of my class i begin writting this->m_listaTareas. expeting the list of cmap members appearing after the dot is writted, nothing is showed i have then, tried to write the map in another way, in order to guess out wath is going on... .... but using the documented example CMap <CString, LPCSTR, clsTarea, clsTarea&>m_listaTareas; all what i get is the compiler crashing does anybody know why is vb c++ (6.0) beha...

Linking Excel drop down lists
I am trying to set up a billing spreadsheet. On one spreadsheet I have a list of product codes in one column, the description in the next column and the price in the third column. On another spreadsheet I would like to pick the appropriate code from a drop-down list (no problem with that) and I would like the description and price to fill in automatically once I choose the code. I thought this would be easy but I am stuck!! Having drop down lists in each column is not an option since there are 163 things in each drop down - the descriptions are wordy and I want to garantee I g...