Serial number error in sales order entry window (2nd post)

I'm reposting this because there was no response to my first post.  I'm sure
I'm not the only one that has had this problem.

I noticed that one of my coworkers invoiced and added (overided) a serial
number
into the Great Plains instead of allocating one of the existing ones.  How do
I return this serial number w/out affecting my inventory?  I need to:

1. Return the item w/the wrong serial number.
2. Reinvoice the correct serial number.
3. NOT HAVE THE WRONG SERIAL NUMBER STUCK IN MY INVENTORY.

How do I do this?

0
paoakalani (10)

Hi Paoakalani

Try looking at Serial Number edit, by Blue Moon. I think this can solve your
issue.

http://products.bluemoonind.com/productDetails.php?id=3

Fliehigh

"paoakalani" wrote:

> I'm reposting this because there was no response to my first post.  I'm sure
> I'm not the only one that has had this problem.
>
> I noticed that one of my coworkers invoiced and added (overided) a serial
> number
> into the Great Plains instead of allocating one of the existing ones.  How do
> I return this serial number w/out affecting my inventory?  I need to:
>
> 1. Return the item w/the wrong serial number.
> 2. Reinvoice the correct serial number.
> 3. NOT HAVE THE WRONG SERIAL NUMBER STUCK IN MY INVENTORY.
>
> How do I do this?

0
Fliehigh (443)
7/22/2008 11:17:00 AM
Are there no transactions in great plains right now that can solve this?

"Fliehigh" wrote:

> Hi Paoakalani
>
> Try looking at Serial Number edit, by Blue Moon. I think this can solve your
> issue.
>
> http://products.bluemoonind.com/productDetails.php?id=3
>
> Fliehigh
>
> "paoakalani" wrote:
>
> > I'm reposting this because there was no response to my first post.  I'm sure
> > I'm not the only one that has had this problem.
> >
> > I noticed that one of my coworkers invoiced and added (overided) a serial
> > number
> > into the Great Plains instead of allocating one of the existing ones.  How do
> > I return this serial number w/out affecting my inventory?  I need to:
> >
> > 1. Return the item w/the wrong serial number.
> > 2. Reinvoice the correct serial number.
> > 3. NOT HAVE THE WRONG SERIAL NUMBER STUCK IN MY INVENTORY.
> >
> > How do I do this?

0
paoakalani (10)
7/22/2008 3:49:03 PM
Not to my knowledge.

That is why we purchased Serial Number Edit, to correct errors and to enter
vendor serial numbers instead of System generated serial numbers (we don"t
manufacter).

Fliehigh

"paoakalani" wrote:

> Are there no transactions in great plains right now that can solve this?
>
> "Fliehigh" wrote:
>
> > Hi Paoakalani
> >
> > Try looking at Serial Number edit, by Blue Moon. I think this can solve your
> > issue.
> >
> > http://products.bluemoonind.com/productDetails.php?id=3
> >
> > Fliehigh
> >
> > "paoakalani" wrote:
> >
> > > I'm reposting this because there was no response to my first post.  I'm sure
> > > I'm not the only one that has had this problem.
> > >
> > > I noticed that one of my coworkers invoiced and added (overided) a serial
> > > number
> > > into the Great Plains instead of allocating one of the existing ones.  How do
> > > I return this serial number w/out affecting my inventory?  I need to:
> > >
> > > 1. Return the item w/the wrong serial number.
> > > 2. Reinvoice the correct serial number.
> > > 3. NOT HAVE THE WRONG SERIAL NUMBER STUCK IN MY INVENTORY.
> > >
> > > How do I do this?

0
Fliehigh (443)
7/22/2008 3:53:04 PM
I know there is a way, like an item adjustment entry that I can do.  I just
don't know how to do it.  I can do 2 out of the three things that I listed, I
just need someone to help me figure out the 3rd thing.  I don't need Serial
Number Edit.  I can already enter my own serial numbers, it's taking them out
that I'm trying to learn more about.  Thanks for the suggestion though.

"Fliehigh" wrote:

> Not to my knowledge.
>
> That is why we purchased Serial Number Edit, to correct errors and to enter
> vendor serial numbers instead of System generated serial numbers (we don"t
> manufacter).
>
> Fliehigh
>
> "paoakalani" wrote:
>
> > Are there no transactions in great plains right now that can solve this?
> >
> > "Fliehigh" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Paoakalani
> > >
> > > Try looking at Serial Number edit, by Blue Moon. I think this can solve your
> > > issue.
> > >
> > > http://products.bluemoonind.com/productDetails.php?id=3
> > >
> > > Fliehigh

0
paoakalani (10)

DIALOG BASED APP question: multiple windows
Hi, I have a dialog based application, and normally this means the InitInstance looks like this: BOOL CMyApp::InitInstance() { CDialog1 dlg1; m_pMainWnd = &dlg1; int nResponse = dlg1.DoModal() if( nResponse==IDOK ) { ... } return FALSE; } I however have several CDialog based windows. Each of these have initialization that take up alot of memory (this is actually running on a WinCE device). So switching between these dialog windows, should not be done from within another dialog window. Rather, I am looking at this solution instead, but want to ...

Outlook 2000 C++ Error
When I first open Outlook I get a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error Program: c:\\progra~1\micros~2\office\outlook.exe This ap[plication has requested the Runtime to be terminated in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information. When I click OK I get about 12 more different errors, and then Outlook closes. I can then open it and it works. CAN ANYONE DECHIPER THIS? I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling Office, updating all patches and SPs, Erase2000 won't open with XP (Home)....I am at a lose. ...

Accumulate Sales Numbers
Having trouble getting my hands around this problem. I receive sales numbers from stores every week, I have built a workbook that totals all the weekly numbers from each file on one sheet. I would like to have a worksheet for Month, Qtr, YTD, I would like these numbers to accumulate from the weekly #'s I bring in each week. My problem is I don't want to keep the weekly numbers every week, I'd like to zero them each week and bring in the new (adding to the totals on the other worksheets) Is this possible, well I'm sure it is, but how is it possible. Thanks for your hel...

Resource Error- CVT1100 duplicate resource
I just added a second resource file to my project. And Started getting this error LSEditor fatal error CVT1100: duplicate resource. type:BITMAP, name:441, language:0x0409 First I searched for 441 in my files, and no one else was assigned that number execpt for this bitamp. But I changed the ID to 541 anyway and now I am getting LSEditor fatal error CVT1100: duplicate resource. type:BITMAP, name:541, language:0x0409 what gives? MSDN, and Knowledge base were not much help on this either. Ali R. Hi Ali, See if the following archive from google is of any help. ...

Reply to message error
Using Outlook 2003 and having a problem replying to recieved messages. I get a 550 error and the message is returned undeliverable. The addresses are valid, and I can create a new message and send with no problem. Thanks... I'm not sure why replies would be a problem but new mail wouldn't, but look at http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA011128331033 for information on the 550 error. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Gary" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

Money report error
I am getting this error message: 'Due to changes in your Money file, the saved version of the " Money Auto-saved Report" is no longer valid. Money has attempted to reset this report, but you should delete it from your list of favorites and recreate it to avoid unreliable information' The problem is, I never created this report and when I go to saved reports it is not there anyway. Please help ...

Interactions - Export to Excel
Folks: Need your help ! I am trying to pull an acitivty report in CRM. If I go to the Interactions page, and then click on “edit View” icon over on the right hand side, and complete the drop downs, if I export to Excel, I get an error message that reads: Argument ‘Index’ is not a valid value. I get this error only for Interactions and not with any other workplace. We are on CRM 3.0 .- SQL Server 2005 Thanks ! ...

void sales batch to closed period
I have a batch that shows up in series post that cannot post, it always shows "needs edit" once we attempt to post it. How do I delete this unpostable sales batch? Thanks Randall Farris Randall, Why not edit the batch to fix the errors and then post it as normal. If it needs editing, there is an error in it somewhere that will not allow it to post. Lyle In article <OoI9VYRxFHA.1284@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, rwfarris@gci.net says... > I have a batch that shows up in series post that cannot post, it always > shows "needs edit" once we attempt to post it. ...

Windows XP rdp 2008
Boa Tarde, Estou com problemas a imprimir em RDP 2008. Em alguns pc's o c�digo de barras aparece impresso com fontes tipo wingdigs, em outros d� erro de WPF no m�dulo de .net framework 2.0. Estas mesmas impress�es se forem tamb�m feitas em 2003 j� saem bem . J� aconteceu a algu�m ? Alguma sugest�o? O mais estranho ainda � que se as impress�es forem mandadas para impressoras instaladas localmente (no servidor) em vez das impressoras capturas pelo rdp este problema n�o aparece. CUmprimentos, Paulo Valentim ...

How to breakthrough row number limitation
Hi all, The default row number limitation for each sheet is 65,536. Is it possible to increase it up to 100,000 ? Your help would be appreciated. Billy No. You'll have to use multiple columns or multiple worksheets (or another app, like Quattro Pro or Access). In article <OcGz2DVHFHA.3612@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, "Billy Leung" <billykyleung@dont.send.me.mail.com> wrote: > > The default row number limitation for each sheet is 65,536. Is it possible > to increase it up to 100,000 ? Your help would be appreciated. Hi JE McGimpsey, thank you so much for...

3.0
System Environment: W2003 Server SQL 2000 CRM and SQL on different servers Two errors: Duration and Subject. Have searched here and in the CRM KB (Customer Source) . We exhausted our included Software Assurance Support Cases resolving issues that were not fixed by the hotfix fix. In the user's own words: Outlook 2003 SP2 CRM Laptop Client (3.0.053) Goal: Create a Task within Outlook, Save, and Close the task within Outlook. Process: 1 - Open Outlook and click the Create New Task icon in the CRM Toolbar. 2 - Click the Regarding button and select the Case I want to associate the Tas...

import of sales history
Has anyone successfully loaded sales history? I have loaded the transaction and transactionentry tables, the reports are not working. Do I have to load a batch entry for each day? or could i have one batch for historical data? are there other tables that must be populated as well? any help would be appreciated thanks MarkD wrote: > Has anyone successfully loaded sales history? from ? I use QSRules to write transaction into database... > I have loaded the transaction > and transactionentry tables, the reports are not working. Transaction, TransactionEntry, Item, DailySales, B...

CRM 3.0 Service and Sales Modules
Does the new version of CRM still have separate service and sales modules or are they combined now into one product? -- Brandon Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com Hi Brandon! "Brandon" wrote > Does the new version of CRM still have separate service and sales modules > or are they combined now into one product? No more modules, combined. Cheers Arne Janning ...

How analyze Error Report Contents information?
My MFC application crashed during testing, and the tester sent me a screenshot of the Error Report Contents dialog, which at least shows that it was our good friend the 0xc0000005 error, and gives the address at which the exception occurred. Is there any way to take that address, and look in the MAP file the linker generated, and figure out in which function the problem occurred? I've looked at some of the appcompat.txt files generated on my machine, and they don't seem to contain anything that would help me map address to function. Thanks! Chris There is a very good articl...

Macro for Internet Order Window
I want to create a macro to launch the CTL-SHIFT-F10 "Internet order" button (because I am going to make a custom button for it). However, I cannot record the macro because as soon as I hit CTRL-SHIFT-F10, the order popup window pops up and I cannot end the macro by doing SHIFT-F3. If I close the window, then hit SHIFT-F3 to end the macro, the macro just opens and then closes the internet order window. Is there another way to do it? Thanks, mickie No ideas? No one has done this? Mickie wrote: > I want to create a macro to launch the CTL-SHIFT-F10 "Int...

error no memory with one workbook
Hi I have a workbook 1 that i have been working on for many years adding new sheet macros etc But lately if i open workbook 1 on its own it is fine but if i try and open another workbook (with or without macros enabled) i get a message box say "Not enough memory" and will not let me open the second workbook, I have tried deleting all the modules and all forms thinking they might be the trouble, but still no joy If i close workbook 1 and open the other workbooks, they open fine and work fine macros etc so this leads me to think that it is workbook 1 that is creating the problem, h...

share workbook error
I am using excel 2007 and am trying to share a workbook. review/share workbook Then I get the message that the file is no longer shared. How can I share the workbook? ...

Want to see only specific number of records on a form
Hi I have a form with default view as "Continuous Forms". When I openthis form I only want to see the records equal to Recordcount i.e. ifI have 3 records I should only see three records. I dont want to seean extra one record which is blank. The easy way is simply to set the allow additions to "no".(you will still be able to add records via a code, or perhaps a "add" button you provide.Or, perhaps you don't even need add record ability...Anyway...give the above a try..it will remove that extra "new record" entry....-- Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP)...

Why Re:s don't match original posts
Hi, does anybody know why large number of Re:s doesn't match original posts? I use Outlook Express as a news reader and those Re:s drive me crazy!!! Vlado What news server are you using? If you are using your own ISP's server, try: news.microsoft.com Specify a new account on this server under: Tools | Account IME, most responses are correctly threaded on that server, though you still get occasional posts that disappear into thin air. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rat...

Barcode printing to serial port
I have an old thermal label printer and its connected via a serial port how do i change the font on a serial port or send an object to the printer so that the barcode will print ...

Adding entry to validation list without retyping all lists
OK so I have a worksheet with a drop-down list that has the states of the US listed. In the next column are 50 dependant drop down lists that have various cities listed, and depending on which state you choose, the drop down list of that state's cities shows. Is there any way I can include the option "Other" in the cities column (call it column B) without going back to my list source (my list is a named range) and typing in "other" in the lists of each of the 50 states. I am a little too lazy to do all that if I don't have to. Thank you for your time being...

GP ver 10 SP 2
Hi Folks I am testing in the Fabrikam company and I have been able to duplicate an error that is happening at my client in their live data. I capture a PO for stock code 100XLG for a qty of 2 at an extended cost of ..25c. The system displays the .25c as the extended cost but it displays ..26c as the 'Remaining PO Subtotal' value. The PO on 'blank' form also prints up a total of .26c. It's fine if I use an extended cost of .24c or .26c and I understand that as the maths division works out fine. Does anyone have a solution to this problem please? Thankx in advan...

increasing numbers in sreadsheet
I need prepare full list with numbers, starting from 129680 and up to 129779 (in some column): 129680 129681 129682 .... 129779 what is formula? If you want a formula solution, enter your first number in A1 then in A2 enter: =A1+1 then copy this down for as many cells as you require. Alternatively you can fill the values down - enter your first value in A1, then highlight cells from A1 down (as many as you need - hold down <SHIFT> while pressing <PageDown>, then release <SHIFT>), then Edit | Fill | Series and specify Linear with a Step Value of 1, click OK. Hope th...

Missing CRM Key error
I have installed Microsoft CRM 1.2 and it seems to be working fine. I tried to create an email within the browser version (not via outlook) and get an error message that says: Communications error: Missing Microsoft CRM key. Any idea what I may have done wrong on the install? Dean. You problably missed to fill in the text "CrmEmailEnable" in the active directory user spec's. See also the IG. Erik. >-----Original Message----- >I have installed Microsoft CRM 1.2 and it seems to be >working fine. I tried to create an email within the >browser version (not v...

Mount Store error
I just installed two new HD's and reinstalled Win2003 SBS (I just saved off the edb and stm files before before I blew away the old hard disk). I tried simply coping the the edb and stm files into the empty \Exchsrvr\MDBDATA folder and got the c1041724 error when I tried to mount the stores. I attempted to resolve this by following some of the solutions proposed to others in this news group, but no use. I have tried eseutil /d, then eseutil /r, then finally an eseutil /p. Nothing has worked. How can I get the data from these stores? After getting the c1041724 when attempting to mount...