Sequence Number field on customized report

We have created a quarterly SUTA report that needs to be sent in as a .csv
file to the state.  We have had no problems generating this data in Report
Writer using the Payroll Master, Payroll Transaction History, and Payroll
Check History tables.  However, one requirement of the file is to have a
column with a Sequence Number that starts at 1 for the first employee and
increments by 1 for each new employee on each line.

I believe that since the Social Security number is unique on each line, that
we could somehow use this to number the rows.  Does anyone know if there are
any functions or ways to create a calculated field to do this?

Thanks!

Take a look to David's article below, he included an example on such case:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/07/21/rw-adding-line-numbers-to-sop-documents-example.aspx
--
Regards,
--

"djr03" <djr03@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have created a quarterly SUTA report that needs to be sent in as a .csv
> file to the state.  We have had no problems generating this data in Report
> Writer using the Payroll Master, Payroll Transaction History, and Payroll
> Check History tables.  However, one requirement of the file is to have a
> column with a Sequence Number that starts at 1 for the first employee and
> increments by 1 for each new employee on each line.
>
> I believe that since the Social Security number is unique on each line,
> that
> we could somehow use this to number the rows.  Does anyone know if there
> are
> any functions or ways to create a calculated field to do this?
>
> Thanks!

0
Mohammad

parsing a date and time field #2

Report.SalesPlusTax
I don't know if you guys have ever try to show the total tax sale on the z report, but when i make the modified on the z report it came out that the total tax is 0. It didn't show me anything, i don't know if the script is wrong or the script is not working for RMS V1.3?? Has anyone ever tried that?? <ROW> "Taxable Sales|" Report.SalesPlusTax </ROW> ...

Use Form to prompt for report criteria

3.0 Customization
Is it possible in 3.0 to have one set of screens appear for one group of users and another set for another group. For instance, could our service people only see the service screens while our sales people only see the sales screens? I know I can restrict access to different areas, but we want to have a totally different look and feel for each group... Sorry - I dont believe this can be done "Matt Harvey" <rifleman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OR2vU$3GGHA.740@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is it possible in 3.0 to have one set of screens appear for one group of >...

Report CRM 3.0
Hi, I would need to find out the detailed procedure (step by step) to customize a report…. Could anybody inform about any links or documents concerning this issue? Thank's Marco I'm not sure if it's detailed enough, but the technical training manual has a section on creating and customizing reports. You can find it here: http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/using/whatsnewtechnical.mspx HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility www.cwrmobility.com -- "Marco Rocca" <Marco Rocca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEF80683-EC26-456C-82C...

too many "inherited" custome headers and footers
It seems that somehow I have "inherited" custom headers and footers from someone else's workbook. They have filled up almost all the allocated spaces in the drop-down selection list and pre-empt me from adding more than two custom headers/footers of my own. I need to add at least four new custom headers to the list. Is there some way to delete all the "inherited" custom headers and footers? Thanks, JR ...

Extract text from field
If you have a filed that contatins the following data:LastName, FirstNameWhere LastName has varing lengths. Can you run an update query to obtain just the LastName part of the field? If so, what would be the command?Many, many thanks in advance. On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 14:09:45 -0500, "Mary M" <none@no_email.com> wrote:>If you have a filed that contatins the following data:>>LastName, FirstName>>Where LastName has varing lengths. Can you run an update query to obtain >just the LastName part of the field? If so, what would be the command?>>Many, many thanks in...

CRM 4.0 Custom Report Filter Problem

stock variance report
Hi there, Is there any way to edit that stock variance report at HQ? There are no $$ values and this is quite important at HQ. How do others work with this? IB Ivan, Create a custom report using the Quantity Discrepancy List as a template, add the SnapShotCost, SnapShotLastCost and/or SnapShotReplacementCost column from the ItemDynamic table times the qty difference. -- * "Ivan Brebner" <ibrebner@premiumretail.com.au> wrote in message news:%23Idw6wPAGHA.2912@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... Hi there, Is there any way to edit that stock variance report at HQ? There are no ...

Customizing Excel's Border Defaults
I'm working with Excel 2000 and use Borders frequently. The preset default border is a thin line, yet I prefer and always change it to the thick line. How can I change the Excel default to the thick line rather than the thin line? I know it's a small problem, but it's driving me crazy changing it all the time. In WORD, I know how to easily "add style default to template", but can't figure it out in Excel. Any help is greatly appreciated! ...

reading and displaying memo fields
I got an ODBC database with a memo field. Now I use a CRecordSet in VC6 to read the database with CLongBinary for the memo field. After reading 18 fields he's out of memory. Is there a way to use CString instead of CLongBinary, cause it's only text in the memo fields (I already tried, but then I get an error message that the database could not be read)? Or is there a way to read all other fields first and only read the memo field when the user choose a specific item in the database? Thank you for helping me! ...

IM error ADO field is nothing
I am trying to do an import for manual payroll checks. I have used the same set up as is used in the sample but I recieve the above error. It also says 0 integrations failed. I can't find anything in knowledgebase. Thanks for any help. Tracey D Open IM, select your integration, double-click on Mappings. Click on the Transactions collection, then click on the Options tab. You will want to make sure the Record Source option rule is set to Use Source Recordset and that the Source is set to your source query. If the above is defined properly, then you will want to make sure you a...

Reminder Time vs Due By Field
I'm using O2003. For a contact, there is the Due by Field. There is also a Reminder Time field. If you update the Due By field, it updates the Reminder Time field. However, if you update the Reminder Time field, it does not update the Due By field. By default for a contact, you have access to the Due By field. The Reminder field is avaialble, but you have to manually add it. In Tasks, it seems to work the same in that if you update the Due By field, it updates the Reminder Time field. However, if you update the Reminder Time field, it does not update the Due By field. However, you have a...

Report Filter focus
Hey all, I am experiencing an issue with the report filters in RMS. It is not a show stopper, but annoying. When I launch a report in SO Manager on a win XP machine, RMS version 1.3, the report filter is there, but the correct field is not selected and the filter under Filters is not selected. When this happens and I want to change the filter, I first need to click on the Filter itself in the bottom box and then select the correct field out of the Fields list, then change the Value. Is there anything I can do to fix this? To use a real report as an example, When I run the Detailed Sales rep...

Field mapping for Appointments in filtered views
I’ve been looking at this for ages but cannot find the field for Contact for an Appointment in the filtered views. Regarding is dbo_FilteredAppointment.regardingobjectidname and is also in dbo_FilteredActivityPointer.regardingobjectidname with a foreign key of dbo_FilteredAppointment.activityid Optional seems to come from dbo_FilteredActivityParty.partyidname with a foreign key of dbo_FilteredAppointment.activityid Does any one know where the Contact for the Appointment get stored? Also a link to a ER diagram for 3.0 or a mapping resource would help me from unnecessary trawling throu...

Excel number formatting #2

Outlook reports OLE registration error
I have Office 2000 running in Windows Me on a Dell Dimension XPS D266 with 64 meg ram. Outlook stopped working so I ran Repair from Office 2000 CD and then Re- install Office from same source. Both times Outlook says" An OLE registration error occured. Program is not correctly installed. Run Setup again." Doesn't seem to be much sense in running it again. What now? Reinstall Outlook Express. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal acco...

Easy way to copy fields?
I have made a lot of customizations to the Leads form by adding a lot of fields. Now I want to add most of those fields to the Contacts form so that when I promote a Lead the info carries forward. Is there an easy way to copy and then link these fields or do I have to manually create them all all over again as Contact fields and then link them? You need to create the exact same fields in contacts then create mappings betweek leads and contacts in the deployment manager-schema manager. Have a look at the tool and see if it makes sense. As always I recommend you test this out on your tes...

Object error when trying to print custom reports
I am getting an [object error] message when trying to print custom reports or modified versions of canned reports. They display just fine within CRM, we just can't print them. I have already tried deleting the ActiveX to force a reload and manually reinstalling it using http://crmserver/viewer/activexviewer/en/npviewer.exe with no luck. This is occuring on systems regardless of whether Crystal Designer is loaded. Any ideas? Open the reports in Crystal that you are having problems with and make sure that the "Save data with reports" option is not checked. (In Crystal...

Exchange server reporting tool
Could someone recommend an exchange server reporting tool other than promodag? I will really appreciate the help. Thanks sl =?Utf-8?B?c2xhd2Fs?= <slawal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:735D2C55-FB0E-44F4-8F6B-274B754A9FBE@microsoft.com: > Could someone recommend an exchange server reporting tool other than > promodag? I will really appreciate the help. Quest messagestats is good stuff. Regards, -- Arlo Clizer FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: http://groups.google.com i second that... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Arlo Clizer" <aclizer@online.goo...

Paying customers commissions
The next release should provide the ability to pay customers a commission without having to create a vendor card for them in payables management. My company currently has thousands of customers that we pay a commission to and it gets quite frustrating considering all the redundant data we have to store since our customers have to be setup as vendors also. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the b...

Report sorting 03-16-10
Hi, I have a continious form that displays four fields for each records of a table. On the form I have a sort button for each of the four fields which sorts the records based on the field selected. I also have a report button that prints a report that produces one page per record. My problem is that I want the report to be in the same order that the records appear on the screen which is based on the sort selected. How do I get my report to print in the same order as the records appear on the screen? Your help would be appreciated. Thanks, I would use some code to extract...