Segment names in FRx

We are a credit union audting deparment using GP to import data from credit
unions and using this info for monitoring.  We have set ourselves up as the
company, and the credit unions as segments (instead of branches).

I need to create a report which will list each credit union and some basic
info (certain accounts).  I can create this report so that each credit union
is on a single page in a drilldown report, but how do I create it as such
Name                         TotalAssets    Acct 2    Acct 3
credit union 1
credit union 2

If I try to output this info to excel then I get all the acct details,
instead of the sum

Open the FRx Sample Reports Guide found in the table of contents in the FRx
program group. Go to page 98 for a sample report that rotates the segments to
the rows and the accounts to the columns.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Heather Russell" wrote:

> We are a credit union audting deparment using GP to import data from credit
> unions and using this info for monitoring.  We have set ourselves up as the
> company, and the credit unions as segments (instead of branches).
>
> I need to create a report which will list each credit union and some basic
> info (certain accounts).  I can create this report so that each credit union
> is on a single page in a drilldown report, but how do I create it as such
> Name                         TotalAssets    Acct 2    Acct 3
> credit union 1
> credit union 2
>
> If I try to output this info to excel then I get all the acct details,
> instead of the sum
0
callen (2505)
10/11/2006 7:02:02 PM
It appears you want the accounts across the top as columns rather than rows.
Am I reading you right?

I think your best bet is to create a pivot table using the features in FRx.
You can then make accounts your columns and segment values your rows.

Another option is documented in the FRx Sample Reports Guide. Go to the FRx
program group off your start menu. Select the Table of Contents. Scroll down
to the FRx Sample Reports Guide. On page 98 is a description of a report
formatted the way I think you want it.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Heather Russell" wrote:

> We are a credit union audting deparment using GP to import data from credit
> unions and using this info for monitoring.  We have set ourselves up as the
> company, and the credit unions as segments (instead of branches).
>
> I need to create a report which will list each credit union and some basic
> info (certain accounts).  I can create this report so that each credit union
> is on a single page in a drilldown report, but how do I create it as such
> Name                         TotalAssets    Acct 2    Acct 3
> credit union 1
> credit union 2
>
> If I try to output this info to excel then I get all the acct details,
> instead of the sum
0
callen (2505)

after crash forms display #NAME?
Hello, I was working on my Db when all of a sudden it crashed. I saved a backup and closed it down. I opened the back up and now on my main " Job Information" form, almost all of my text boxes with equations display "#Name?". Some of the text boxes reference other tables, some other forms, and some the same form they are located on. I checked the data source an a select few boxes and all the data, according to my table, is correct. Its worth noting that the entire DB was working perfectly before this crash. Now if i go into design mode for the form, delete any t...

macro: save w/ new name and print
Hey, I assigned a macro to a button in my worksheet on the basis of som advice that I got in this forum (see macro below). The macro saves the current workbook on c:\ and gives it a new filenam with a date/time stamp. However, I want the macro to do the following additional things now: -Save the file in the current directory, without me specifying tha path in the macro -Also include first and lastname of user (contained in cell A1 and B1 in the filename. Also, I want a second version of that macro which -prints a specified sheet (called "output") while/after closing. Any help ...

Showing list of range names available for formulas??
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I know this MUST be possible in Excel...but I can't seem to find it. I have named ranges. I am entering a formula and want to refer to a range name. I don't remember exactly what I called it, or it has a long name that I don't want to have to type. Can't I use some sort of function key to just show a list of the available named ranges, so that I can point to the one I want? In excel for windows, we used a function key (can't recall which one). <br> Thanks, <br> hjd Rev...

Forgot my password and want to change user name
I want my user name to be gpellicce instead of grodriguez4 ...

Formaula for less than date and name begins with...!!! HELP!!!
IM trying to create a formula that gives me a total count for cells that are less than 02/05/10 and the name begins with FHLM, heres what i came up with... =COUNTIF(E:E,">="&DATE(1900,1,1))-COUNTIF(E:E,">="&DATE(2010,2,5))+COUNTIF(E:E,DATE(2010,2,5))-COUNTIF(U:U,"FHLM*") I keep gettin a bunch of ###### or 0, depending on how I move the data around.. Any ideas???? =SUMPRODUCT(--(E1:E100<=DATE(2010,2,5)),--(LEFT(U1:U100,4)="FHLM")) "Senor Martinez" wrote: > IM trying to create a formula that gives me...

FRx Consolidations #2
I am trying to consolidate two companies with a different account structure. The column format has an account filter and the condolidation is not working. Company One: ##### Company Two: #####-## Column Accout Filter: ????? Note: The first five places of the account in both companies is the same, Company Two has additional departments. When I try to run the consolidation, I can only get one company to tree up, the one whose account structure matches the column account filter. What do I need to do to make the consolidation work? ...

Worksheet Names
Is there a way to get the Worksheet name/s into a cell without vba code?? Hi Cameron try the following formula for the sheet name =RIGHT(CELL("filename",A1),LEN(CELL("filename",A1))-FIND("]",CELL("file name",A1),1)) Frank Cameron wrote: > Is there a way to get the Worksheet name/s into a cell without vba > code?? Frank, That's the seventeenth time you've posted this reply this week, but you've suddenly dropped all the details about path, file, etc. You must be getting tired<vbg>. Bob "Frank Kabel" <frank.ka...

Duplicate Fund Names
Hi, I have "Fidelity Contrafund (Symbol: FCNTX)" in my 401-k account for a number of years and have a lot of transactions entered in my Money Plus Premium version. Recently Fidelity changed the fund name from "Contrafund" to "Contrafund K". This time around, when I downloaded the transaction, there are two transactions one which sold all the old "Contrafund (FCNTX)" and a second which purchased a new "Contrafund K". So, when I try to update the statement, money is treating Contrafund K" as a new investment and giving me two opti...

Named pipe problem
I followed Microsoft's Overlapped sample to create a namedpipe server, but in WaitForMultipleObjects, the first event always occured. It makes me couldn't to send message to other named pipe clients. DWORD dwWait, cbBytes, dwErr; BOOL fSuccess; LPTSTR lpszPipename = _T("\\\\.\\pipe\\eventpipe"); for (int j = 0; j < MAX_PIPECLIENTS; j++) { // Create an event instances m_log.WriteMessage(_T("Create Events")); m_hPipeEvents[j] = CreateEvent( NULL, // no security attribute TRUE, // manual-reset event FALSE, // initial state = signa...

Field Name Error Msg
I've got a workbook with many sheets. One sheet has pivot tables on it and one other has charts, charting data pulled from the pivot tables. When I open the workbook I get three errors, one after the other, which say: The PivotTable field name is not valid. To create a PivotTable report, you must use data that is organized as a list with labeled columns. If you are changing the name of a PivotTable field, you must type a new name for the field. That's all well and good but I'm not the only one who uses this workbook and I don't know where these errors are coming f...

Referencing a worksheet name
Dear All, I am creating a generic workbook. Each worksheet of which relates to a member of staff. An example of the sheets is Summary, Name 1, Name 2, Name 3. I would like to define cells in the summary worksheet so that the value returned is the name of the sheets. So if sheet "Name 1" is renamed "Bill Smith" Bill Smith appears in the relevant cell in the summary sheet. I hope this is clear and if you could help i would be grateful. Many thanks, Danny Take a look here: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/formulae/cell_function.html Also, see David McRitchie'...

outlook remember wrong server name
Hi. I have installed exchange 2003sp2 on windows 2003sp1 inside a windows 2000sp4 AD domain. I have exported mailboxes data with exmerge from an exchange 5.5sp4 installed on the windows 2000 DC. There isn't any AD connector. Here is my network diagram: windows 2000 ad domain |windows 2000sp4 DC| --------- |windows 2003sp1 DC| -------------------- -------------------- exchange 5.5sp4 exchange 2003sp2 Now outlook doesn't connect to the new ex2003sp2 till I shutdown exchangeIS on the windows2000sp4. It always connect to the windows 2000 server w...

Name Matching
Hi when an email is sent to a miss-spelled address, how do I route these emails to a postmaster or admin account? Thanks Matt What version of Exchange? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "Matt" <mattremoveme@edirect.co.uk> wrote in message news:006001c3b506$6c6670f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi > > when an email is sent to a miss-spelled address, how do I > route these emails to a postmaster or admin account? > > Thanks > Matt Exchange Server 2003 Running on Windows Server 2003 >----...

Change name?
How do I change the name that is in the microsoft.public.excel.misc column "From". Thanks, Roger Since you use outlook express you have to do it there tools>account and select the news account in question and click properties then change the name -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Roger Bedford" <rb10@canada.com> wrote in message news:O1lwmwoTFHA.4056@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > How do I change the name that is in the microsoft.public.excel.misc column > "From". > > Thanks, > > Roger > ...

Zero-value Budget Column in FRx SP11
Hello all, We have just resolved an interesting problem that one of our customers was encountering after upgrading from FRx SP9 to SP11, that I'd like to share with you all, along with our resolution. Bear in mind, I am not recommending this resolution to you, so much as providing it to assist you with your own enquiries. The symptoms of the problem are as follows: A report contains a two columns, a budget column and an actuals column. Running the report on FRx SP9 produces the correct figures. Running the report on FRx SP11 produces correct actuals, but the budget figu...

Insert Image with name and filepath
I have three columns formatted as below. I want to read the value in column B and insert the image in column C. All images are located in a specific folder and I need all the images to be inserted into a standard cell size. Is there a way to cascade down thru the list and insert them programatically? OR if I provide this file with a part number, description and a hyperlink to somehow then pull an image of the part when clicked from an opposing worksheet - is this possible? I guess I am not only looking the execution but also idea's from people who have more expertise....

GP 9.0 user logins passwords
Hi We are using GP 9.0. Is it possible to disable the option of allowing users to change their passwords, when they login to GP. I understand that Great Plains user passwords are encrypted and you cant use the same passwords to login to SQL server directly. To overcome this we can override the passwords directly in SQL server. I have to change the passwords directly in SQl to enable users to login to Frx with same user ID and password as in GP. Unfortunately when I change the user password within SQL server, and the user tries to login to Great Plains, he/she is prompted or rather forced to c...

can add multiple analysis code in a single FRx Row format
Currently we can add several analysis code in FRx Row format by using several rows (each row will contain only 1 analysis code - limitation of FRx with MDA). The client has many analysis codes in each analysis group. What they need is to add some of the analysis code in a single row; separating it into several rows will add more work in designing the FRx report. There should be a way for next releases of FRx to handle adding mulitple analysis codes in a single row or column of the report. ...

File names in a directory
Is it possible to make excel report a list of files names in directory? If so how -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try the following. It is not fully tested and contains no error-handling: It's written to list the files from a floppy but you can change that to your folder. From Vasant. HTH Otto Sub CatalogFloppies() Do Until MsgBox("Any more floppies?", vbYesNo) = vbNo MsgBox "Insert floppy disk and click OK." Dim i As Long With Application.FileSearch .NewSearch .LookIn = "A:\" ...

How can multiple users access same mailbox and send as that mailbox name?
Hi Folks, I'm hoping this turns out to be a dumb question with an easy solution: My customer wants both user-1 and user-2 to receive all mail addressed to user-3@company.com. Additionally, the customer wants user-1 and user-2 to send all their mail mail with user-3@company.com as the default sender address. User-1 and user-2 should be able to see all mail sent with the user-3@company.com sender address, whether sent by user-1 or by user-2. Any changes, deletions, etc, made by user-1 should be seen by user-2 and vice versa. Thanks for your help! Frank Frank Denman Den...

First name
I have list of Employee names in one column, it include first and second names. I want to take only first name of all employees. Is there any formula to take only first name. regars vishu =LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "vishu" <vishu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B2D257A-96B1-4751-A261-2F6BE7D7021E@microsoft.com... > I have list of Employee names in one column, it include first and second names. > I want to take only first name of all employees. > Is there any formula t...

Invisible Column names and Row numbers
Friends, I received a work sheet from my friend which has data from a1 to m60. But surprisingly after the column M, whole letters are invisible and same in the numbers after 60 it is invisible, like sealed with a color pack. How do I see number 61 onwards and column M onwards N O P etc etc .. Please assist.. Thanks Suresh Sounds like your friend hid the columns/rows. Column M, and drag to the right. Then right-click, unhide. Repeat similarly for rows. -- Best Regards, Luke M "Suresh Lohar" <suresh.lohar@gmail.com> wrote in message news:57D...

Function names from addins stored in XL files
I am fighting with names of functions stored in addins. In xls and xlsx files in most cases the name of the addin file (xla or xlax) is not displayed if the addin is installed. Saving as .xml files allows one to see the full names of the addins. I have seen cases where the usual name is used similar to 'C:\Program files\the addin dir\theaddin'!theaddin.xla but in some other cases the 8+3 version of the directory is used 'C:\PROGRA~1\the addin dir\theaddin'!theaddin.xla It is really that strange, the initial part of the directory is the short version, but for the subdirectories ...

Dynamic named ranges
I'm trying to import an Excel spreadsheet into an existing Access table using Office 2003. Ultimately, the plan is to do it programmatically using TransferSpreadsheet, but to check that the file has no problems, I've done it manually with the Import Spreadsheet wizard. The worksheet has 43 rows, and I import a named range defined as "=Sheet1!$C:$E". The import works, but I get a table with 64K rows, all but 43 being blank! Is there a way to define the range so that only filled rows will be imported? I don't want to use the last row's address explicitly, because I wi...

Hosting several internet domain names on one Exchange 2003 Server
Hi, I have a simple setup with SmallBusinessServer and 1 domain. We use Exchange and ISA 2003. Our domain is registered for use on the internet and employees use email-addresses with that domain, f.ex xxxx@domain1.com We have also registered 3 other domains on the internet (domain2, domain3 and domain4.com) and we want to use these domains in our emailadresses as well. I can successfully setup this on each Active Directory user and send mail on our internal network. When trying to send mail from outside our company, I get an response saying "cannot relay..." immediately. Th...