Segment Description Table

I did a select * into GL40200_103208 from GL40200 table as backup
I then deleted the information from GL40200
opps need the account segments back
I droped GL40200 and
select * into GL40200 from GL40200_103108
next step
UPDATE    GL40200
SET DSCRIPTN = ' '

I reconicle GL within Dynamics but still no segment information.

Tool>Setup>financial>segment
has no segment numbers i
By the way version 9.0
0
creeves (44)

The GL40200 table requires either manual or SQL entry.

You can either go to:  Tools--> Setup--> Financial --> Segment, or
do a table import into the Segment Description Master.

Remember, "Computers don't do what we want them to do, just what we tell
them to do."

Another option would be to establish all of the contents of this table from
a SQL query then run an Update set command into the table.

However, by the time you do that, you might was well do the Table Import.

Good Luck!

"GPNut" wrote:

> I did a select * into GL40200_103208 from GL40200 table as backup
> I then deleted the information from GL40200
> opps need the account segments back
> I droped GL40200 and
> select * into GL40200 from GL40200_103108
> next step
> UPDATE    GL40200
> SET DSCRIPTN = ' '
>
> I reconicle GL within Dynamics but still no segment information.
>
> Tool>Setup>financial>segment
> has no segment numbers i
> By the way version 9.0

0
MCFRx99 (13)
10/31/2008 8:04:02 PM
On Oct 31, 3:04=A0pm, MC_FRx_99 <MCFR...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> The GL40200 table requires either manual or SQL entry.
>
> You can either go to: =A0Tools--> Setup--> Financial --> Segment, or
> do a table import into the Segment Description Master.
>
> Remember, "Computers don't do what we want them to do, just what we tell
> them to do."
>
> Another option would be to establish all of the contents of this table fr=
om
> a SQL query then run an Update set command into the table.
>
> However, by the time you do that, you might was well do the Table Import.
>
> Good Luck!
>

> "GPNut" wrote:
> > I did a select * into GL40200_103208 from GL40200 table as backup
> > I then deleted the information from GL40200
> > opps need the account segments back
> > I droped GL40200 and
> > select * into GL40200 from GL40200_103108
> > next step
> > UPDATE =A0 =A0GL40200
> > SET DSCRIPTN =3D ' '
>
> > I reconicle GL within Dynamics but still no segment information.
>
> > Tool>Setup>financial>segment
> > has no segment numbers i
> > By the way version 9.0- Hide quoted text -

The information is in the table just can't get it to appear in the
segment description window.
0
creeves (44)

Vertical alignment in data table?
I am making charts in which the X axis corresponds to dates. I also want to show the data table. However, on the data table, the dates (which run along the top of the table) wrap within their assigned boxes in an unsightly way. Is there any way to change the alignment of the dates, to make them vertical rather than horizontal? Thank You, -plh -- Where are we going and why am I in this HAND BASKET?? You probably can't do much with the data table in the way. Because of their inherent lack of flexibility, I don't use data tables. Instead I build a table in a range of cells near the ...

Multiple Totals Columns in a Pivot Table
Hi. I've built a pivot table, and get totals values displayed as expected. In this case, it's a count of records. But I also want to see values for several expressions involving select categories. For example: Status ______ Location | Total Number of Records | Total of Status1 / Total Number of Records Is this possible? Thanks. Danny There is a method for generating multiple values but it looks at only the values related to the current Column Heading. For instance if you wanted both...

find table dependencies -- sql server 2000?
I can't remember how to list all the procedures/functions that reference a particular table (Sql Server 2000). Say I have a (real) table called tmpA, and I interact with tmpA in various procs and functions. How can I get a listing of all the procs/triggers/functions that use table tmpA? I was thinking "select * from SysDepends Where ..." but this uses an ID which if the tables even have an ID - how do I find it? Or if SysDepends isn't the way to go - what is the way? Thanks, Rich this seems to have yielded some results: select * from syscomments ...

Column limit for Pivot Table data source
Is there a limit for the number of columns in a data source for a pivot table in Excel 2007? My data source is a table object with 80 columns. I can create a pivot table for the data, but upon trying to refresh it tell me there is too much data. If I reduce the columns by exactly 1, it works fine...limit of 79...very odd number. There doesn't seem to be. Put:- EXCEL Specifications And Limits - into the F1 Search Facility. In the above topic there is a section called:- PivotTable and PivotChart report specifcations and limits Your specific question is not...

Default Table Format
Hi, I am using OL2003 and would like to set default parameters for new tables that I choose to insert in an HTML message. How could I do that? Thanks If you're inserting tables into HTML messages, then you must be using WordMail as your editor. The defaults will be Word's defaults. You can try checkiing the "Remember Dimensions for New Tables" box and should save changes to the Normal.dot file if you're prompted to do so. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers htt...

Charting 'stripes' of data from within a table?
Hi all, I have data that looks like this: 1/1/2008 Red 3.325 5.668 5.461 5.598 5.608 5.598 5.688 1/1/2008 Yellow 12.658 14.09 13.413 13.129 14.09 13.65 13.303 1/1/2008 Blue 7.07 6.963 6.84 6.92 6.86 7.01 6.94 1/8/2008 Red 3.935 3.785 3.685 3.665 3.765 3.635 3.715 1/8/2008 Yellow 8.502 8.802 8.793 8.632 8.456 8.573 8.593 1/8/2008 Blue 4.777 4.626 5.278 4.557 4.757 4.706 4.597 1/15/2008 Red 3.445 3.295 5.518 5.448 5.548 5.588 3.415 1/15/2008 Yellow 13...

Display fields from multiple tables in a form that I can enter dat
I need to create a form that I can use to enter and manage data from/for my HomeRepairs table. But I would also like the form to display information (that I won't need to edit) from other tables (like Phone Number and Address data that's stored in my Constituents table). The common field in all the tables is the ConID (Constituent ID). I've created a query that pulls (almost) all the information I want displayed, but when I create the form based on it, I can't enter any data. How can I create a form with fields from multiple tables that I can actually USE as a for...

"sort and top 10" is greyed out on the pivot table tool bar.
"sort and top 10" is greyed out on the pivot table tool bar, i.e. it is not available. This is excel 2003 on windows xp-pro with sp2. It is an HP laptop, but the same occurs on my desktop, p3 w/w2k-pro, with excel 2002. Did I not install an option? or ??? Thanks in advance. Mike Shanahan If the pivot table source is an OLAP cube, or multiple consolidation ranges, the Sort and Top 10 command will be unavailable. mshanahan@pbtcomm.net wrote: > "sort and top 10" is greyed out on the pivot table tool bar, i.e. it is not > available. This is excel 2003 on win...

Two tables, one query, one form, one problem
Hello all: I have two tables (one with employee data and one with Office location data). They are joined using the office address as the primary key in the Office Table and the foreign key in the Employee Table. I have created a query using all of the fields in each table. Here is what I want to be able to do (and can't seem to): Enter in new employee data and (with a combo box) select the address of the office and have it populate the rest of the office information. When I try it, it doesn't work. I have created a query with the addresses and bound it to the combo box. ...

pivot charts/tables
Using the same data source, how do I create a pivot table and pivot chart on the same worksheet. Hi please don't multipost. See your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany pfc wrote: > Using the same data source, how do I create a pivot table > and pivot chart on the same worksheet. ...

changing data in table
is there any way to use a combo box on a form that does not change the records in its corresponding table? thank you -- dumbo Gary, yes there is, if you use a combobox which is not bound to a field in the form's Record Source table. But in this case, whatever you enter in the combobox will not be retained when you close the form. -- Steve Schapel, Microsoft Access MVP gary wrote: > is there any way to use a combo box on a form that does not change the records > in its corresponding table? > thank you ...

Too many table fields
I have been working with Access for almost 2 years now and I feel I have an excellent comprehension of database normalization. I'm trying to design a system to track and update the depth chart for a sports team. Specifically 4 lines of 5 positions each, 4 lines of 4 positions each, and 4 lines of 3 positions each for each team. The idea is to be able to view all these lines on a single form for any given team and change players using combo boxes. (Perhaps using tabs for the different groups of lines). It seems to me this might be one of the few situations for a table with a lot of ...

Excel Pivot Table
I have created a sub that builds a Pivot Table in an Excel spreadsheet. The problem I am having is that the Column headers are not being set. Here is the Sub: Sub Pivot ' Pivot Table Macro ' Const xlPivotTableVersion10 = 1 Const xlDatabase = 1 Const xlRowField = 1 Const xlColumnField = 2 Const xlCount = -4112 ' wb2.PivotCaches.Create(xlDatabase,"Report! R1C1:R65536C11",xlPivotTableVersion10).CreatePivotTable _ "Sheet3!R1C1","PivotTable1",xlPivotTableVersion10 ws3.Select ws3.Cells(1, 1).Select With ws3.Pivot...

Comapring rows of a table to multple rows within the same table
Hi, I have the following data which I have been tasked with identifying a primary case for each customer. Unfortunately the data contains duplicate records such as Case 1 and 2. I would be extremely grateful if you could tell me how can I compare all the rows related to Customer 1 and flag a case as the primary case. CaseID, CustomerID, PrimaryStatus, SecondaryStatus, GroupA, GroupB 1,1,New, Unassigned, RU, HK 2,1,New, Unassigned, RU, HK 3,1,In Progress, Normal Review, RU, HK 4,1,New, Unassigned, IN, UK 5,2,New, Assigned, JP, 6,2,In Progress, Special Review, BR, HK 7,2,Co...

Combining Tables
I apologize if this has been answered, but I cannot seem to create th correct search to find it! I have been racking my brain for two days and am about to give up. My problem is that I need to combine two tables. Table 1: Item Number, Item Name 101 Thing 102 Other Thing Table 2: Item Number, Price 102 $64.99 What I want to do is create a single table: Item Number Item Name Price 101 Thing 102 Other Thing $64.99 Any help is much appreciated! Jami -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com...

selecting cells to produce a pivot table
I have created a macro that inserts a pivot table using some data on sheet1. I thought that the macro would select the entire list of data to produce the pivot each time it is run but I notice in the code that it selects an absolute range and the range will be different each time I run the macro. How can I change the code to tell Excel to select the populated cells in the list from A1 to the end? Using v2003 - thanks PS - I also made a mistake recording the macro and meant for one of the value fields in the pivot table to perform a sum rather than a count is this easy to...

Combo Box From Table/Query
I have a table of part numbers using input mask to create format 1234-56-7899. When I import the list via table or query to the combo box, the drop down list doesnt show the hyphens, just the 8 consecutive numbers? I have done this many times with no issues. What have I missed. Thanks in advance. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 05:07:22 GMT, "Bruister via AccessMonster.com" <u50445@uwe> wrote: >I have a table of part numbers using input mask to create format 1234-56-7899. >When I import the list via table or query to...

How to get all constraints on all tables in a DB
Hi, How can I get all the constraints specified on all the tables in a given database? Thanks for your help. Which version of SQL Server are you using? Michael MacGregor Both 2005 and 2008 Thnx "Michael MacGregor" wrote: > Which version of SQL Server are you using? > > Michael MacGregor > > > . > For 2005, in Management Studio, right click on the database concerned, select Tasks then Generate Scripts. The Generate SQL Server Scripts Wizard will start, click Next. You will be shown a list of databases, not sure why ...

where is the MPO10000 table?
Hello: In GP's Table Descriptions window that lists all of the tables, where do you find Manufacturing MRP's MPO10000 table? childofthe1980s There is an MP010000 table There is an MPO10001 table I have manufacturing installed and I don't have an MPO10000. More info? -- Tim Foster "childofthe1980s" wrote: > Hello: > > In GP's Table Descriptions window that lists all of the tables, where do you > find Manufacturing MRP's MPO10000 table? > > childofthe1980s Hi Tim: The funny thing is that I do not see it either in any of the databases...

Linked Tables 10-11-07
I have two databases - call them DB1 and DB2 - In DB1 I have a table called "offset" - In DB2 I did the following: File>Get external Data>Link tables. I linked it to the DB1 "offset" table. In DB1 I have a delete Query executed by a Macro which is deleting the data from DB1 "offset" table. Why do I still have data in the DB2 "offset" table after I ran the Macro - the Tables are linked, should it not be empty as well after running the Macro? Thanks Klaus You're absolutely sure you linked it (and to the correct version of DB1), and didn&#...

How do I make an instance of a table?
I want to make an instance of a table. This means that I want a table which is a copy of the original table but whenever I change something in the original table, it updates th instanced table. Anyone know how? K -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Sounds to me like all you will need to do is put the formula "=A1 (provided that is the first cell you want copied to the duplicat table...into the first cell for the duplicate table. Then all you woul have to do is fill the value to the necessary cells and you should hav a duplicate table -- Message posted from http://www.E...

List Box and Temp Table question
I have a form with two list boxes, and add/remove buttons. The user moves Account Numbers from the first box [Accounts] to the second [Current Accounts]. Once users have selected the accounts they want in a report, I need those account numbers to pass to a temporary table [Acct Temp]. The report queries are based on this temp table. I have tested the report by manually entering and removing account numbers in [Acct Temp] and it works great. Now I need to know how to pass those account numbers from the list box. And, how to remove those account numbers from the temp table after a r...

How to show data greater than 10 in pivot table
I want to show the data greater than a specific number, say 10, in a pivot table, like what can be done by autofilter in raw data. I know I can use "autofilter" at pivot table, but it doesn't apply to the new pivot tables created by "show pages". How to keep showing data greater than 10 at the new pivot tables created by "show pages". A Pivot table has a Top 10 feature that you can use to show only the top values. Or, you could add a column to the source data, and use the SUMIF or SUMPRODUCT function to calculate if the total for an item is over your ...

I want year in one table to be less or equal year in another table
Hi I have some problems writing a query and I hope someone can help me. I have a database with serveal tables. In one table I have this information, Lake ID-number, treatment, year for treatment. In another table I have Lake ID-number, fish species (I am intrested in pike), year when pike is present. I want to find all lakes that have pike present before the treatment was done, I want the year in the second table to me less or equal the year in the first table. Is there a easy way to do this? Thanks Try something like this substituting your table and field names. S...

Error Description Widow
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap I created a folder in Entourage and assigned a rule to it. It turned out to be a bad move, it was a folder in my computer Inbox and apparently messages weren't being left on the server and I have a Mobile Me account. Consequently the messages were going into A Deleted folder in my Mac Mail Acct. I finally got the mess straightened out but I still have this annoying 'Error description' Window which keeps reappearing, and the error says' The mailing list rule'Mail Chimp' co...