Security Settings

I am having some issues w/ Security settings in Dynamics.  I have some users
that we are only giving the ability to enter POs and print them.  We have
gone through all of the sub-windows, and have verified through users creating
POs that they have access to everything in the PO entry.  However, when these
users are logging in there is a message that says that user does not have
access to this window.   The error message does not list any windows and the
PO entry window is the only set on the startup.  The issue that accompanies
this is that the system date is not automatically filled in on the PO window.
 However, if I close the PO entry window and reopen it, the date fills in w/o
a problem.  Any ideas what window I need to make sure these users have access
to to make the initial message go away?
0
Hutch (55)

I would first start by marking the following in the System:

Find, both Great Plains, Main Menu, all Notes, Toolbar, Welcome to MS GP.
Are any of these unchecked?

"Hutch" wrote:

> I am having some issues w/ Security settings in Dynamics.  I have some users
> that we are only giving the ability to enter POs and print them.  We have
> gone through all of the sub-windows, and have verified through users creating
> POs that they have access to everything in the PO entry.  However, when these
> users are logging in there is a message that says that user does not have
> access to this window.   The error message does not list any windows and the
> PO entry window is the only set on the startup.  The issue that accompanies
> this is that the system date is not automatically filled in on the PO window.
>  However, if I close the PO entry window and reopen it, the date fills in w/o
> a problem.  Any ideas what window I need to make sure these users have access
> to to make the initial message go away?
0
Luvsql (265)
2/1/2005 2:41:02 PM
If running on v7.00 or v7.50, just using Advanced Security once will activate
an interactive dialog which will tell you the name of the window you don't
have access to so you can fix the security problem.

With v8.00, the interactive dialog is optional but can be turned on from the
Advanced Security Options window, just check the Allow security override
using the system password option.  You can uncheck it later if you wish.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
MBS Services - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"Hutch" wrote:

> I am having some issues w/ Security settings in Dynamics.  I have some users
> that we are only giving the ability to enter POs and print them.  We have
> gone through all of the sub-windows, and have verified through users creating
> POs that they have access to everything in the PO entry.  However, when these
> users are logging in there is a message that says that user does not have
> access to this window.   The error message does not list any windows and the
> PO entry window is the only set on the startup.  The issue that accompanies
> this is that the system date is not automatically filled in on the PO window.
>  However, if I close the PO entry window and reopen it, the date fills in w/o
> a problem.  Any ideas what window I need to make sure these users have access
> to to make the initial message go away?
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

i need help on setting my e mail
i can't set my e mail account. can you please tell me how Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "martha cardenas" <mcardenas11@bak.rr.com> wrote in message news:5BB25479-89D1-4736-BA29-F2A788F5B13E@microsoft.com... >i can't set my e mail account. can you please tell me how "martha cardenas" <mcardenas11@bak.rr.com> wrote in message...

Online banking set up
I am using Money 97. When I inter the bank identification number and hit next I get tht message "There is a problem with your online setup please reinstall Money from your orginal disks" I have reinstalled Money using the Reinstall (Repeat last installation) but still get the message. What next? upgrade to money 2004 >-----Original Message----- >I am using Money 97. When I inter the bank identification >number and hit next I get tht message "There is a problem >with your online setup please reinstall Money from your >orginal disks" I have reinstal...

Exchange 2003 SP2 IMF set to archive but is deleting e-mails?!
I have enabled IMF on Exchange Server 2003 SP2, and setup the following: "Gateway Blocking Configuration" is set to "7" and to "Archive" "Store Junk E-mail Configuration" is set to "7" thereafter I restarted the Information Store + SMTP Virtual Server. Spam e-mails gets archived very nice, but after af few days, to my horror, I now see alot of "1039" entries in the Messaging tracking log, which means "SMTP message deleted by Intelligent Message Filtering"??! (according to: Message tracking event IDs in Exchange Server...

Copying a set of info from a different sheets
Hi, please help I really need your help. I am trying to copy a set of info from eg. sheet2 to sheet1. The problem is, I have to create a drop down list in sheet1 to brin the infor from other sheets to sheet . However, I manage to create the drop down list usin Data-Validatation-List. But how do I set my switch do copy data t sheet1. For example - Sales value for 4 months say Jan - April ( Their are i different Sheets). You do not want to select the sheets to see th data. You want to create a dropdown list on a new sheet( eg Sheet5 which will fetch the sheet you want and display the enti...

Setting a report's recordsource?
I'm sure there's a simple trick to this, but I can't figure it out... I'm trying to set up a report's recordsource in response to changes on an associated form. The current implementation has the report's Open event call into a method on the form, which creates a SQL string and hands it back. However this is very inflexible, because it means the report is tied to _that_ form, and I'd rather have it able to be opened from any form, or even other applications. I would like to re-write the code to have an open method that is handed the filters, creates the SQL, ...

Problems Setting up Mail Account
I set up my mail account, but it is only downloading 6 messages from my server and stops, with the pop up Your POP3 server has not responded in 2 minutes. The error message is Account: 'mail.zumatel.net', Server: 'mail.zumatel.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19 Bernadette "Bernadette" <Bernadette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD45F13F-F744-4F99-8219-13EAFA1F6CF4@microsoft.com... >I set up my mail account, but it is only downloading 6 messages from my > server and stops, with t...

Settings Backup
I am using Microsoft Office 2007 Professional. I'd like to know if there is a program to back up the settings in Excel (other office programs a bonus). I'd like to be able to re-install Excel/Office and be able to re-install all the program settings. TIA These instructions are for Office 2003 but most will apply to 2007 Here is a list from Dave Peterson............... I have a short list of things to copy/update when we change pc's at work. It's not complete, but may help you. Word/Excel files: FileName Use custom.dic personal dictionary *.acl per...

Setting up e-mail without Exchange Server
Need some help here.... I want everytime a lead or an oppurtunity is created, an e-mail to be sent to a user... The problem is that i am not using an exchange e-mail server but an the e-mail server of my isp... I have created a rule in the Process Manager but where should i state the e-mail's server address? My best Regards Chris Here's an article you can download that tells you about configuring CRM for use without an Exchange server: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2417E918-2E30-41DB-A3B2-2F800BF76FFE&displaylang=en -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP...

Is this a Security Issue?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C5FFD8.04693630 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I don't want to run and accuse this user of improprieties without a good = idea that something bad is going on here.. But this does look = suspisious. In my Exchange Application Log there are lots... of records = like this from this user "cusoon" with messages similar to this = indicating user cusoon not haveing proper data to access various users. The description for Event ID ( 1029 ) i...

Security warning-box
My system: Windows XP Home edition....IE8 sp2 Is there a way to disable this Security warning box that pops up. It says: Do you want to view only the webpage content that was delivered securely? I think in IE7, the wording was different, and I would click YES... In this one, I have to click NO in order to conitune viewing the pictures. I am tired of having to click NO each and every time I am working. Since there is no choice to "Do not ask me again" in this box, How can I disable it. Thanks in advance Google is your friend: "Mixed content and Internet E...

how do i set up to print greeting card 150x150cm
I have prepared a greeting card in publisher size (folded) 150 x 150 - when I try to print the card I am unable to get the appropriate size in the option list - I have tried adding the size without success - any assistance gratefully accepted as I have 200 cards to print One card per sheet? Tent card? Side fold? Setup your printer for a custom size. 150 x 300. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "sleuth" <sleuth@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

How can I move my filtering settings to a new installation?
Dear friends: How can I move my filtering settings (Outlook XP) to a new installation (Outlook 2003) in a newer machine? Which settings files should I copy from the older machine to the new one? Thanks Juan I. Cahis Santiago de Chile (South America) Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it! Hi Juan, By the filtering system do you mean the junk email list in Outlook. In Otlook click on tools>options> junk email options and you can export the files to the desktp and then import them back into Outlook. Sharath "Juan I. Cahis" <jiclbchSINBASU...

how do you set up worksheet that connects to another sheet?
I am trying to set up a worksheet so that when I enter data into that sheet it will automatically be transfered to another sheet into specific fields. I know it is possible, I just don't know how to do it (not very computer literate!) any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Look for the article "Create a link to another cell, workbook, or program" or search for 'link cells' in the help files for step-by-step instructions. Hope this helps. Tara "Phylly" wrote: > I am trying to set up a worksheet so that when I enter data into that sheet &g...

How do I set permanent secondary axis in PivotTable chart?
Hi, I have problem about PivotTable chart. Now I have already set secondary axis in my PivotTable chart, they appear by line type.But the secondary axis will disappear when I drill down from some dimensions. for example, the first axis is A, the secondary is B. When I drill down from year to month, B will disappear. I have to reset B as secondary axis. Do you have some ways or options to set permanet secondary axis in PivotTable chart? thanks. -- Developer QA Dashboard Microsoft China Development Centre Unfortunately, pivot tables and pivot charts lose their formatting when they are up...

Can I set a specific account for sending a message ?
In my outlook 2003 set up I have three internet e-mail accounts, used for different purposes. I have three different macros which I use to forward emails to different addresses, but I want each macro to use a specific e-mail account. Is it possible when using automation to send messages in visual basic to programmatically set a specific account as the account to be used when sending the message. I know that TO, SUBJECT, CC, ADDRESS, and so on can be set, but I haven't been able to find any visual basic code to cover setting a specific account. Outlook 2007 adds a...

Setting Font Size
Encountering a basic problem: inability to set the font size for message text. Such as this. Have Tools/Options/Font set for 18 pt Bold however in actual use a setting of 12 pts 'takes over'. Suggestions? Thanks Tools | Options | Compose? You are sending in HTML? If you are using stationery, some default to a specific font and size. Tools | Options | Compose. Make sure nothing is checked or selected in the Stationery section, including Blank. In IE: Tools | Internet Options | Accessibility. Uncheck: "Ignore font sizes specified on web pages". Als...

KB974455 Internet Explorer 7 Security Update Failed to Install
I have been having issues getting my updates to go install on my computer. I've been reading through the newsgroups and the troubleshooter and have it down to one last update (KB974455). The error message I get is as follows: Problem: A problem on your computer is preventing updates from being downloaded or installed Solution: To fix the problem, try installing the updates again. If that doesn't work, use the Troubleshooter to try solve the problem. I believe the code that goes with this is 00x8024000...I'm at work now and my PC is at home so I'm going on ...

ERROR check if a date set entered violates a previously entered date set
I am devloping an Excel program that has a list of date sets, not necessarily in sequencial order. What I want is an ERROR CHECK if a date set violates any date set previously entered. What I was looking for was that a date set could not be typed in as follows: 1/10/04 to 4/20/04 2/10/04 to 3/20/04 The second date set falls within the first set and should be invalid setting off a message or an alert of an invalid entry. I am interested in making it idiot proof so that one could not enter date sets within or covering dates sets already entered. This one really throws me, Please help. Buzz, Ar...

Set selected in a CListCtrl
I've got a table derived from a CListCtrl and would like to select a record (item) either by sending a mouseclick to the record or by just setting it selected. How can I do these things? Try YourListCtrl.SetItemState( nItemIndex, 0, LVIS_SELECTED | LVIS_FOCUSED); -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "JackRnl" <News@Runit.nl> wrote in message news:OgmM0sZ6DHA.3308@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I've got a table derived from a CListCtrl and would like to select a record > (item) either by sending a mouseclick to the record ...

Folder default archive settings
How do you change the default folder archive settings for user created inbox subfolders. Especially period and checkbox. ...

Force auto-archive settings for non-domain members.
Hello, One of my customers has an ongoing problem with huge mailboxes. They routinely send and receive large messages (20+MB) internally and externally. For the internal messages, we're teaching them how to use Sharepoint and point to the files they want to send, but we're pretty well stuck with the messages they send and receive externally. Because of the size issues, we would like to set a policy to enforce the Auto-Archive settings that should be applied to each user. The setup makes this option less clear and that is where I need the most help. They have a SBS2003 server with ...

Canadian Payroll Security Roles/Tasks GP10
Hello, There were several reports on various sites that MS forgot to provide security Roles / Tasks for different modules that are very common, although not part of the basic Dynamics GP package. Does anyone managed to produce usable roles and task definitions for the Canadian Payroll module ? There is a quite a large amount of ressources, and I don't wanna go thru all windows, reports, processes, to define tasks & roles in the security, because they were forgotten ... The bad thing is that there's no export/import functionality for the security... Maybe there is a way thru...

Id months inlcuded in data set for text string
Hi, I am having some trouble coming up with a way to create a text string that ids the months included into a custom data set. My structure is as follows: Jan Feb Mar Apr ---> Dec 1 3 In the example above the data set contains Jan & Mar. I want to create a title that lists the months used. ex. Months Included: Jan, Mar Any thoughts as best way to elminate spaces and get what I am looking for? Thanks in advance, Greg I assume your 1 and 3 values are in cells a2 and c2 In A3 enter...........(You may have to insert a row) =IF(A2="","",...

Set as primary. Does not keep setting
I am trying to set a user accounts default email from firstname@here.com to lastname@here.com. When I apply the changes and close the properties window and re-open it. The settings are back to firstname@here.com. The users account name is firstname. The user has 2 email addresses listed. Firstname@here.com and lastname@here.com. We are running SBS 2003. Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how I can change it. Also is this the correct change that needs to be done so people see the reply to email as lastname@here.com and also in the global addresses? thanks Bill On Tue...

Applying security on Voids
I have a client who does not want his staff the ability to perform voids, which way would I be able to prevent this? -- Thank you for the help!! Richard Page MSc. Richard, You can prevent a security level from doing any type of Recall (F11) by using standard RMS Security, but this will prevent you from recalling layaways or work orders, etc, as well. We can offer you a custom solution to this problem. If you are interested please give us a call at 1-888-267-RITE or drop us an email at sales@rite.us. -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises...