Security access

Can someone indicate what controls the 'amount' field in the 'customer
payment  summary inquiry' window?

I implemented some restrictions and when the user clicks on amount to see
the invoices which make that up, it says they don't have security priviliges.

Also the button on the top right of the inquiry>inventory>item window.
0
RCR (233)

Open Advanced Security
select the user and the company then go to the following path.

By Dictionary > Microsoft Dynamics GP > Forms > Sales

and make sure the user has checked the following forms:

Receivables Transaction Inquiry - Customer  (Allows You to Click on
the amount link and open the window)
Receivables Transaction Inquiry - Document (in combination with zoom,
after you clicked on the amount
Receivables Transaction Inquiry Zoom          (link and displayed
documents, if you click on the Document number link it will allow you
open the document details)
Applied From Credits (After you clicked the amount link, when you are
on the receivables transaction inquiry window if you click
Applied To Debits      (the link named "Amount remaining, this two
options will allow you to see the remaining amount window)
0
fhillyer (101)
8/13/2008 6:24:44 PM
thanks much

"Fhillyer" wrote:

> Open Advanced Security
> select the user and the company then go to the following path.
>
> By Dictionary > Microsoft Dynamics GP > Forms > Sales
>
> and make sure the user has checked the following forms:
>
> Receivables Transaction Inquiry - Customer  (Allows You to Click on
> the amount link and open the window)
> Receivables Transaction Inquiry - Document (in combination with zoom,
> after you clicked on the amount
> Receivables Transaction Inquiry Zoom          (link and displayed
> documents, if you click on the Document number link it will allow you
> open the document details)
> Applied From Credits (After you clicked the amount link, when you are
> on the receivables transaction inquiry window if you click
> Applied To Debits      (the link named "Amount remaining, this two
> options will allow you to see the remaining amount window)

0
RCR (233)
8/13/2008 8:13:01 PM
all the objects indicated are ticked, he still can't get into amount

"Fhillyer" wrote:

> Open Advanced Security
> select the user and the company then go to the following path.
>
> By Dictionary > Microsoft Dynamics GP > Forms > Sales
>
> and make sure the user has checked the following forms:
>
> Receivables Transaction Inquiry - Customer  (Allows You to Click on
> the amount link and open the window)
> Receivables Transaction Inquiry - Document (in combination with zoom,
> after you clicked on the amount
> Receivables Transaction Inquiry Zoom          (link and displayed
> documents, if you click on the Document number link it will allow you
> open the document details)
> Applied From Credits (After you clicked the amount link, when you are
> on the receivables transaction inquiry window if you click
> Applied To Debits      (the link named "Amount remaining, this two
> options will allow you to see the remaining amount window)

0
RCR (233)
8/15/2008 4:13:01 PM
have you reviewed if he has access to those tables?

instead of ticking on the FORMS section, verify if he has access to
the tables section

Frankie
0
fhillyer (101)

Intermittent fault when using outlook web access
This fault is intermittent and occures when we try and access our e-mails across the internet using the outlook web access. Most of the time there is no problem, then another time we cannot gain access to the exchange server. The most recent happened today. Everything was fine yesterday, we restarted the server where we tried dialing in from this morning and now we cannot access E-mail. All the exchange services are running on both servers. Any ideas? Try posting to an Exchange group as Outlook Web Access is a function of Exchange, not Outlook. microsoft.public.exchange.admin i...

Parameter query in Access 2003 report
I want to create a parameter query that asks the user to select one, many, or all values from a field when opening a report. I would like the selection to be available from a list, radio box, or pull down menu to minimize spelling errors, etc. Unfortunately the list is of names which number about 100. Can this be done? If so, could someone please point me to the help pages that describe this process? My solution seems clunky but it is the only way I can see how to do it. Any suggestions as to how else might I best approach this? Thanks in advance Debbie See my sample database that shows ...

How to create a username and password in Access
I have created a database with all the functionalities in it. I am now interested in creating a username and password to allow administrative staff to access it. On 18 May, 14:41, How to create a username and password in <How to create a username and password i...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have created a database with all the functionalities in it. I am now > interested in creating a username and password to allow administrative staff > to access it. What version of Access are you using? www.keithwilby.co.uk On Tue, 18 May 2010 06:41:01 -0700, How t...

Replacement hard drive problem/ account access
Hi there, This is my first post so please be gentle! My family computer is an old Dell Inspiron and for a while its been very slow, then it stopped booting alltogether. The problem turned out to be the hard drive was degenerating so we bought a new one, installed it and kept the old one as the F drive so that we could access all the old files. My brother then reinstalled windows onto the machine. So far so good. Until I tried to access my old files. My old user account was password protected and Im assuming that this is the problem as when I try to get into it I get F:...

Access Denied 04-22-04
you have to add the Domain User group to ability to access the SQL DB, not only while attached to the domain but when you are not, the Database have to be synchronized... ...

Security fonctionnality compatibility between Excel 2002 and 97
Hi folks! Let's say I work in Excel 2002 and I protect my workbook using the "Protect and Share Workbook..." functionnality (or any other). Will my workbook be protected if I open it in Excel 97? TIA! :O) -- Best Regards Yanick Lefebvre yes. Zoury wrote: > Hi folks! > > Let's say I work in Excel 2002 and I protect my workbook using the "Protect > and Share Workbook..." functionnality (or any other). Will my workbook be > protected if I open it in Excel 97? > > TIA! :O) > :O) thanks! This may not apply in your situation but...

Accessing Outlook from the Road
Once I have web access can I get to Outlook to check my e- mail when traveling? Do I need both Outlook and Outlook Express to do this? I've check two manuals and spent way too much time searching Microsoft sites and found no guidance on this matter. Any help you can offer is appreciated. If your Outlook is accessing a corporate Exchange server, and they've configured Outlook Web Access (OWA), then point your browser, not Outlook, to the external address of the corporate web server which is hosting the OWA. We use "http://mail.mycompany.com/exchange". If none of...

Companies missing in Advanced Security
Today the upper right pane in Advanced Security contains no companies. Any ideas on how this can be turned back on? What is the cause of this? Thanks, Todd 1. Open Advanced Security 2. Click on the "Options" button in the upper left corner 3. Uncheck the box marked 'Open Advanced Security for log-in company only'. -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 "sorensent" wrote: > Today the upper right pane in Advanced Security contains no companies. Any > ideas on how this can be turned back on? What is the cause of ...

Migrating from MS Access
Hi I have this query, which I need to make work in MS SQL Server select job.[CAM File],FIRST([material]), FIRST(job.[description]), FIRST(job.[programmer]) from job where job.[CAM file] <> '' group by job.[cam file] order by 3 The "first" is my problem. I can translate most of into select job.[CAM File] from job where job.[CAM file] <> '' group by job.[cam file]) Now I need to add the first row - for each cam file - how? Next, I need to read something like this: select top 1 job.[CAM File], job.[material], job.[description], job....

Access 2007 ControlSource code in Report causing shut down
The following code worked successfully in Access 2002 & 2003 but for some reason, the lines that contain ControlSource are causing Access 2007 to shut down and error out. Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. In short, I’m using a combo box on a form “ReportCenter” to change the GroupLevel and textbox values on a report. If I comment out the lines with ControlSource the code runs successfully, if any one of them are uncommented, Access 2007 shuts down and restarts. 'Group 1 If Forms![ReportCenter]!T2GroupCheck1 = True And Forms![ReportCenter]!T2GroupDescendC...

URL Access, weird behavior
We are using URL access to a report server and it does work,but here is the issue: On first run, if I use the following URL: http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/Reportserver?/MyReporting/All+Employees&rs:Command=Render&rs:Format=HTML4.0&rc:Toolbar=false&rc:Parameters=true&dbName=MyDatabase - It works fine. The report renders, but the toolbar isn't viewable. Then if I run the same URL, in the same browser, except change the toolbar=true, it works fine and the toolbar is viewable. However, if I close all my browsers, open a new browser, paste in the original...

Accessing Fidelity mySmart Cash Bank Accounts
I recently opened a new Fidelity MySmart Cash checking account, but when I set Money 2006 up to download transactions, it gets added in the Investments category. I would like to find a way, however, for it to be listed separately, as a checking account under Bank Accounts, separate from my investment account with Fidelity. Is there a way to do this? In microsoft.public.money, Igzabether wrote: >I recently opened a new Fidelity MySmart Cash checking account, but when I >set Money 2006 up to download transactions, it gets added in the Investments >category. I would like to fin...

Microsoft Word Table design in Access 2007
Is there a method for inserting a table (not an access table, but a word table with columns/rows/header, etc...) in a description field in a form or below the description field? I'm creating a database for development business rules and sometimes a business rule needs a table to explain or identify the heirarchy/relationship of items for the rule. I don't want this to link to anything else but the Business Rule ID that I am currently in. Thanks in advance! You could use a memo field but the data will not be separated by grid lines. You would need to add spacing and ...

modifying field values in an Access 2003 query
Someone please help. Is there a SQL or Visual Basic statement that can be used to set/change the values in a field in an Access 2003 query to a default value? I'm more familiar with the concept of a table's field (or a control on a form) having a "default" value. How is it that you expect a query's field to have a default value? What are the circumstances? If, for example, you want to display something like "n/a" when an underlying field in a table contains a Null, you could use something like: YourQueryField: IIF(IsNull([YourUnderlyingField]),...

DirectPush security and filtering?
I recently set up directpush for use on a WM2003 device. Works like a charm but a couple things came up. Before I had webmail requiring SSL but I had to disable that to allow my device to work, despite the device being configured to use SSL. I understand its server side requests that have to need to be unencrypted, not the WM device, so is there a way I can still require all my users to use SSL? The other question I had was is there any way to filter what messages get sent over directpush? I know Blackberry has a way to only get emails from certain senders or with certain keywords,...

allowing anonymous access in SMTP server
Hello: I think this is a dumb question, so I am mainly looking to find out if there is anyway to make it less dangerous. I installed Exchange 2003 yesterday to let Sharepoint send out alerts using Exchange. It works OK, but it will not send out messages to external addresses (i.e. not in my domain). The doc for Sharepoint says: "you must configure the SMTP server to allow anonymous access and to allow e-mail messages to be relayed". Now, I don't know much about Exchange 2003, but I can guess that this is a security exposure. First question: Is this true? Second question: Is...

Conversion of MySQL to Access Through ODBC Not retaining autonumber
Trying to convert a mysql database into access for a client, and some problems arise by selecting get external data -> import from ODBC connection IE: The database structure and data is imported fine, but the columns which should be Autonumber shift to Numeric and Access is unable to change a column to autonumber after data has been put in it Is there any way to 'force' convert a numeric column to an autonumber.. i could repopulate the rest of the data and let the autonumber column fill itself in.. but the problem is that the values in the autonum column are referred to in other...

2003 to 2000 security question
To make a long story short I am trying to work with our Quality department to get all of our quality records available on a shared drive. To do this we need to make sure that they cannot be modified. Currently Office 2003 (specifically Excel) has the security needed to prevent users from copying the form to another Excel worksheet or workbook and making modifications. However, if the same file is opened in an earlier version of Excel, the same security does not function and the cells can be copied and then modified. Is there a way i can prevent this from happening with out having to ...

Remote Access Via Server
We have Access 2K running at three of our locations. Each location is running the same program but with their own data. We want to set up a central server (web based with an ISP) and run a program that will retrive some data (not necessarily all) from each store, compile it and make it available to all stores. There may be occassional instances where others (other than the stores) may want to access the compled data. As a second objective, we want to allow each store to access the other stores data. This second objective is not a major requirement, but would be nice. I am looking for sugg...

Money 2003 Unable to access file as .net password incorrect
I have having a very frustrating time with Microsoft Money. I have a .net password which i have always been prompted to use when opening my file. I have entered the correct password and can even change my password when clicking the "forgotten password" prompt. The program does not let me access my file and tells me my password is incorrect. I am unable to use my money file and am not even given the option to access my file without using .net passport services. I have tried contacting Microsoft but their advice via a generic email is to tell me to change password. Could some...

Accessing Outlook from my laptop
I use Outlook on my desktop PC but would also like to access it, via my wifi network, on my laptop. I know I can set the folder that the .pst folder is in to 'sharing', but wondered if there was any other way to set it up. I would also like to access my .pst file from any other PC over the web. How would I do that? Thanks, You point the laptop OL to use the pst required. Be aware only a single instance of OL can access the pst and MS doesnt support the use of a pst over a network as it can lead to corruption. "Geoff" <meaningless34@hotmail.com> wrote in message n...

Taste this security patch from Microsoft Corp.
--bqqnklyqf Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="xfppiwtpafgb"; type="multipart/alternative" --xfppiwtpafgb Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="kwpilepajlujrqgqa" --kwpilepajlujrqgqa Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "February 2004, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install ...

Exchange 2000 to 2003 Outlook Web Access redirect
We are moving mailboxes over the course of a week or so to our new 2003 server. The redirects between the old 2k and new 2k3 are working great. Is there a way for an OWA user who logs in to the old 2K owa server to be redirected to the 2K3 owa server. I can't setup a general redirect because not all users are being migrated at the same time. Thanks in advance. On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 09:31:33 -0500, "Stella" <No@nospam.com> wrote: >We are moving mailboxes over the course of a week or so to our new 2003 >server. The redirects between the old 2k and new 2k3 ar...

Publish Access Report to Microsoft Word in table with lines
I created a report in Access but the end user wants it in Word in table format with the lines between columns. This is preferred as it allows for editing without adjusting the spacing. Is it possible to achieve this? Not easily. You can try automating Word from Access, or you can check what Stephen Lebans has at http://www.lebans.com/ReportUtilities.htm -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "JE" <JE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C4808F0-E53B-478E-A2A2-32F461C8BC06@microsoft.com... >I created a report...

Which Version of Visio is this?
I am new at database modeling and reading a book called "Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Databases By John V. Petersen" which uses (Old Versions) Visio & Access for examples. But the book does not say which versions. In the book the author makes an ERD diagram using the Crow's Feet ERD.VST from the Solutions/Database folder using the "Create Database Wizard". Which version of Visio is this. How to make a Access Database from Visio? Is this function availabe in all versions. On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 07:28:04 -0800, JAA149 <JAA149@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...