SDK Q: "taxes distribution(s) does not equal the actual amount" error when posting

I am trying to have our orders processing system properly populate the Great
Plains tables so we can TRANSFER our orders to invoices (at which point
third-party tools perform so WBS
re-distribution) and then POST them to GL.

Thanks to rrs1977@gmail.com for your previous help.  With that,  I've been
able to get the system to create
orders and batches which Dynamics allows our users to open and Transfer to
invoice (and properly triggering our third-party
redistribution utilities).  However, when they try to post the invoices to
GL, an error shows up indicating "taxes distribution(s) does not equal the
actual amount"

I've checked the SOP10200 and SOP 10100 entries and all appears ok (as far
as the totals matching).

So, why the message?  And how do I fix it?

Thanks for your help.

 - Rick

0
rick690 (10)

Rick,

What about SOP10105?

It may actually be easier to see what the problem is if you look at one of
these invoices in the GP interface.  Click on the detail button next to the
tax amount on the lower right hand side of the Sales Transaction Entry
screen - what does it show?  Then when you click on Distributions on the
same screen - what's in there?

--
Victoria Yudin
Microsoft MVP - Great Plains

"Rick Billings" <rick@dptechnology.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to have our orders processing system properly populate the
>Great
> Plains tables so we can TRANSFER our orders to invoices (at which point
> third-party tools perform so WBS
> re-distribution) and then POST them to GL.
>
> Thanks to rrs1977@gmail.com for your previous help.  With that,  I've been
> able to get the system to create
> orders and batches which Dynamics allows our users to open and Transfer to
> invoice (and properly triggering our third-party
> redistribution utilities).  However, when they try to post the invoices to
> GL, an error shows up indicating "taxes distribution(s) does not equal the
> actual amount"
>
> I've checked the SOP10200 and SOP 10100 entries and all appears ok (as far
> as the totals matching).
>
> So, why the message?  And how do I fix it?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> - Rick

0
victoria (3340)
8/1/2005 5:35:20 PM
There are no entries in SOP10105 for either the ORDER SOPNUMBER nor the
INVOICE SOPNUMBER. Perhaps this is one of my misunderstandings of the API. I
thought that when a user transferred an order via the GP user interface
entries would be placed into SOP10105. So, am I supposed to populate this
table before the transfer or is there an entry in one of my other tables
which I am missing which is preventing this from properly happening?

Thanks for your help.

- Rick

================================

"Victoria [MVP]" <victoria@flex-solutions.com> wrote in message
> Rick,
>
> What about SOP10105?
>
> It may actually be easier to see what the problem is if you look at one of
> these invoices in the GP interface.  Click on the detail button next to
> the tax amount on the lower right hand side of the Sales Transaction Entry
> screen - what does it show?  Then when you click on Distributions on the
> same screen - what's in there?
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Microsoft MVP - Great Plains
>

> "Rick Billings" <rick@dptechnology.com> wrote in message
>>I am trying to have our orders processing system properly populate the
>>Great
>> Plains tables so we can TRANSFER our orders to invoices (at which point
>> third-party tools perform so WBS
>> re-distribution) and then POST them to GL.
>>
>> Thanks to rrs1977@gmail.com for your previous help.  With that,  I've
>> been able to get the system to create
>> orders and batches which Dynamics allows our users to open and Transfer
>> to invoice (and properly triggering our third-party
>> redistribution utilities).  However, when they try to post the invoices
>> to GL, an error shows up indicating "taxes distribution(s) does not equal
>> the actual amount"
>>
>> I've checked the SOP10200 and SOP 10100 entries and all appears ok (as
>> far as the totals matching).
>>
>> So, why the message?  And how do I fix it?
>>
>> Thanks for your help.
>>
>> - Rick

0
rick690 (10)
8/1/2005 7:16:19 PM
Rick,

A couple of questions:
- What GP version are you on?
- How are you getting the orders into the system?

--

> There are no entries in SOP10105 for either the ORDER SOPNUMBER nor the
> INVOICE SOPNUMBER. Perhaps this is one of my misunderstandings of the API.
> I thought that when a user transferred an order via the GP user interface
> entries would be placed into SOP10105. So, am I supposed to populate this
> table before the transfer or is there an entry in one of my other tables
> which I am missing which is preventing this from properly happening?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> - Rick
>
> ================================
>
> "Victoria [MVP]" <victoria@flex-solutions.com> wrote in message
>> Rick,
>>
>> What about SOP10105?
>>
>> It may actually be easier to see what the problem is if you look at one
>> of these invoices in the GP interface.  Click on the detail button next
>> to the tax amount on the lower right hand side of the Sales Transaction
>> Entry screen - what does it show?  Then when you click on Distributions
>> on the same screen - what's in there?
>>
>> --
>> Victoria Yudin
>> Microsoft MVP - Great Plains
>>

>> "Rick Billings" <rick@dptechnology.com> wrote in message
>>>I am trying to have our orders processing system properly populate the
>>>Great
>>> Plains tables so we can TRANSFER our orders to invoices (at which point
>>> third-party tools perform so WBS
>>> re-distribution) and then POST them to GL.
>>>
>>> Thanks to rrs1977@gmail.com for your previous help.  With that,  I've
>>> been able to get the system to create
>>> orders and batches which Dynamics allows our users to open and Transfer
>>> to invoice (and properly triggering our third-party
>>> redistribution utilities).  However, when they try to post the invoices
>>> to GL, an error shows up indicating "taxes distribution(s) does not
>>> equal the actual amount"
>>>
>>> I've checked the SOP10200 and SOP 10100 entries and all appears ok (as
>>> far as the totals matching).
>>>
>>> So, why the message?  And how do I fix it?
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help.
>>>
>>> - Rick

0
victoria (3340)
8/1/2005 7:37:05 PM
Rick,

I just tested this and it looks like the entries in SOP10105 should already
be there at the time the order is saved in GP even though you can't click on
the distribution button until the order is transferred to an invoice.  What
happens if, for testing purposes, you manually enter an order into the GP
interface?  Are the SOP10105 entries there?

--
Victoria Yudin
Microsoft MVP - Great Plains

--
Victoria Yudin
Microsoft MVP - Great Plains

"Rick Billings" <rick@dptechnology.com> wrote in message
> There are no entries in SOP10105 for either the ORDER SOPNUMBER nor the
> INVOICE SOPNUMBER. Perhaps this is one of my misunderstandings of the API.
> I thought that when a user transferred an order via the GP user interface
> entries would be placed into SOP10105. So, am I supposed to populate this
> table before the transfer or is there an entry in one of my other tables
> which I am missing which is preventing this from properly happening?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> - Rick
>
> ================================
>
> "Victoria [MVP]" <victoria@flex-solutions.com> wrote in message
>> Rick,
>>
>> What about SOP10105?
>>
>> It may actually be easier to see what the problem is if you look at one
>> of these invoices in the GP interface.  Click on the detail button next
>> to the tax amount on the lower right hand side of the Sales Transaction
>> Entry screen - what does it show?  Then when you click on Distributions
>> on the same screen - what's in there?
>>
>> --
>> Victoria Yudin
>> Microsoft MVP - Great Plains
>>

>> "Rick Billings" <rick@dptechnology.com> wrote in message
>>>I am trying to have our orders processing system properly populate the
>>>Great
>>> Plains tables so we can TRANSFER our orders to invoices (at which point
>>> third-party tools perform so WBS
>>> re-distribution) and then POST them to GL.
>>>
>>> Thanks to rrs1977@gmail.com for your previous help.  With that,  I've
>>> been able to get the system to create
>>> orders and batches which Dynamics allows our users to open and Transfer
>>> to invoice (and properly triggering our third-party
>>> redistribution utilities).  However, when they try to post the invoices
>>> to GL, an error shows up indicating "taxes distribution(s) does not
>>> equal the actual amount"
>>>
>>> I've checked the SOP10200 and SOP 10100 entries and all appears ok (as
>>> far as the totals matching).
>>>
>>> So, why the message?  And how do I fix it?
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help.
>>>
>>> - Rick

0
victoria (3340)