Sales transaction Entry - Default Type ID

Good morning,

Does anybody know of a way to change the default type ID in Sales
Transaction Entry? Right now it is defaulted to Quote but we do not use this
format or type, we would like the default to be Order but I can't find the
parameter to change this.

Thanks

The Default Sales doc is managed in User Preferences.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
Frank
5/18/2010 4:06:55 PM
It's under User Preferences.  It is set by user not by system.
depending on your version, go to your Home page and find User Preferences >
Default Sales Doc type.  Or click the Microsoft Dynamics GP tool bar and find
User Preferences there.

"Claude Garceau" wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> Does anybody know of a way to change the default type ID in Sales
> Transaction Entry? Right now it is defaulted to Quote but we do not use this
> format or type, we would like the default to be Order but I can't find the
> parameter to change this.
>
> Thanks
Why did I not think of that...

Thanks both for your help.

"Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" wrote:

> The Default Sales doc is managed in User Preferences.
>
> Frank Hamelly
> MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> East Coast Dynamics
> www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
>

> get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com
>

> .

how do i change the default value of measure from points to inche.
how do i change the default value of measure from points to inches when setting the width and hight of cells? You don't. Excel uses only points for these measures best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "yoyo4u" <yoyo4u@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33420157-6E05-4A55-9003-088D731E495E@microsoft.com... > how do i change the default value of measure from points to inches when > setting the width and hight of cells? yoyo Row heights are measured in points. There are 72 points to an inch. Th...

defining accounts receivable default accounts
We would like the ability to have limitations on the accounts that can be selected for accounts receviable for a sales order transaction or receivable transaction. Currently you can select any account number for the RECEV trx type. We would like to define allowable accounts receivable accounts to avoid our current out of balance condition. This would limit the possibilities of reasons for ar trade to be out of balance to gl. This is a very hot issue at many clients in trying to reconcile ar to gl. This could also apply to AP!! Thanks, lori b. ---------------- This post is a sug...

Money Changes Transaction Dates
Hi all, How can I stop Money2004 from changing my transaction dates that I have already entered into the register? This happens when I accept/match downloaded transactions from my bank. Thanks! Well, I think I just answered my own question. I found a check box to untick under online options to fix this, but I will post back if necessary. "rustyfender04" <rustyfender1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eY3zaLITHHA.2124@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > How can I stop Money2004 from changing my transaction dates that I have > already entered into t...

instructions disppear when users begin type (text field)
Hi all, I need to customize the outlook contact form and I want to add one text field to allow users to add details info and instruct users how to add. Instructions shows in the field and the instructions disappear when users click and begin to type. How should I do this? exchange 2003/outlook2003 Thank you. It's hard for me to visualize exactly what you're expecting to happen. If you want the instructions to stay on the screen, you could display them in a label control. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumps...

Jounal Viewer
I have read questions posted but not any answer for this issue. In the Journal Viewer - the batch look up is defaulted showing the oldest batch first rather than showing the most recent batch first. Does anyone know how to change this to default to listing the most recent batch first? Appreciate any help. ...

Defaults on Print Sales Documents screen
Is there a way to set defaults on the boxes selected under the Picking Ticket column on the Print Sales Documents screen? Currently when we open the screen, we have to select which boxes to tick and since we always select the same boxes we wondered if there was a way to have them default when the screen is opened so we don't have to click each time. We want the "Picking Ticket Per Site" box, the "Include Kit Components" box and the "Bin Sequenced" box selected as default values. Thanks!! LMG, You can accomplish this with a small VBA customization, b...

Setting .doc default to .doc, not .dox
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel How do i do this for all new documents? > How do i do this for all new documents? I meant .doc instead of .docx Word> Preferences> Save, choose Word 97-2004 Document (.doc) from the Save Word files as: list - just keep in mind that you'll be constantly working in Compatibility Mode which will prevent the use of some of 2008's features. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/23/08 7:50 PM, in article ee99690.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "dbdbdb@officeformac.com" <dbdbdb@officeform...

Changing Costs in Detailed Sales Report
I just opened a new location and I have specified my costs in HQ Mgr under Supplier Tab in Item properties. And I also checked the Supplier tab in Item properties in the Store Ops Mgr, my cost is there. But when I ran a Detailed Sales report for yesterday, some of my items' costs are missing and listed as $0.00. So I open HQ Mgr and issued Worksheet 302 for the new location. I did a couple of test transactions today and ran a Detailed Sales report for today, and it shows the costs of the the test trasactions. But detailed sales report for yesterday still shows $0.00 costs. How do...

Sales --> Transaction Entry Auto serial strange attitude
Dear All I am using GP 10 SP2 I am using screen Sales --> Transaction Entry When I type a serial in the document, number let us say “CAI00001” “CAI00002” “CAI00003” Then if I closed the document and then I opened it again I found that the default serial is “CAI00004” which I don’t want that 1 - So I am asking why is that happening ? 2 - How can I stop that? 3 – is there is a way to tell the system not to put these default numbers and I will let the user add them by his own. Please advise me what to do I am really in a big trouble. Thank you Go to Sales Order Processing Setup Options a...

Business Portal
BP 3.0 I am trying to set up our Business Portal to be as easy as possible for our sales team. One of the requests they have made is the ability to find out WHAT PO is COMMITTED to the SPECIFIC line item in an order. Similar to actually looking at GP Sales Transaction Entry window where it gives an icon to show that the item has been purchased, what PO it's been committed to. I have spent hours trying to make this happen. Has anyone else been able to do this? If so, I would appreciate detailed steps. Thank you ...

Default value for custom field?
How can I populate a custom field with a default value? Specifically, I have a custom field "DisplayName" associated with the Quote Detail object. I want initially to populate this field with the value of the product name field when a new product is added to a quote. The user can then edit the DisplayName custom field if desired. The DisplayName custom field will be used as the product name on a Crystal Reports quote form. ...

Adding % of total sales to a sales report
How would I add a field that shows what percentage is the value of sales for an item compared to the report total? -- Geoff Geoff, Which report and what do you want to see? -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with newsreader" under the MS Retail Management System on the right. http://tinyurl.com/75bgz ********** "Geoff" <Geoff@discussions.micros...

Sales for Outlook Installation 10-24-05
I'm having trouble installing CRM sales for outlook. The installation errors literally on the point of finishing. The message is "Setup has failed because of an error. Setup was unable to install the .msi file for microsoft crm sales for outlook". I have searched the knowledge base and newsgroups to find any info on this matter but at the moment I have struggled to find any signifcant information. The pc used is running XP pro SP2. Thanks for any assistance in advance ...

Data types.
Hello, I have TextBox1 with this Value = 57.7 I need do something like this MyNewVar = CDbl(TextBox1) .... but this is Type mismatch error 13 I need transform text value to number value. Thanks Tom I found the problem. I need transform 57.7 to 57,7 "Tom" <tom@fake.com> p�e v diskusn�m p��sp�vku news:ezqjoGcLEHA.2260@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I have TextBox1 with this Value = 57.7 > I need do something like this > > MyNewVar = CDbl(TextBox1) .... but this is Type mismatch error 13 > > I need transform text value to number value. > &g...

initial default column width
Is there a way to configure Excel 2000 so that when I create a new Workbook or add a new Worksheet so that all the columns have a particular width instead of the default 64 pixels? TIA Create the workbook exactly the way you want it, then save it as a template with the name "Book.xlt" (no quotes) in you XLStart directory. It'll be then used as the template for new workbooks. Likewise, save a one-sheet workbook as a template, named "Sheet.xlt" for the template for Insert/Worksheet. In article <419E181F.6251D20D@nospam.net>, Bruceh <bruce@nospam.net&...

Daily Sales
I've been doing so reports on Sales out of the RMS database and was noticing some minor variances between my reports and canned sales reports. I've tracked this back to a particular transaction. It appears normal in the transaction and transaction entry file, but there is no entry for this transaction # in the tender entry file. So, my question is how do I complete and entry in the transaction file w/o having an entry in the tender file. thnx in advance ...

Term ID Error
Ok, for the last week, I have been trying to get my PinPad (Verifone 1000se) to work. I have done all of the test and the issue seems to be when it goes out and gets the authorization, I get the Status as FAILED and Result 3: Term ID Error. I have contacted both Paymentech and Vital and they both tell me that things are correct on their end. Paymentech is the one that sent me the PinPad and was supposed to be injected. What else could be the issue? Bill, What did Vital say when you told them that error message? Sounds like one of the two of you have the wrong Terminal ID #. -- = ...

Separate transactions being merged when importing QIF file
I downloaded a QIF file from my bank dating back to 01/01/2004. When I imported this file into Money 2005 the balance was way off compared to the bank's website. In comparing each tranaction I noticed some were missing in Money. Each group of missing transactions were all on the same day and for the same amount. Also, for each group one transaction would be in Money and the others missing (ex. There are 5 transactions according to the bank but only 1 shows in Money). I opened the QIF file in Notepad and can see the multiple transactions that were missing in Money. Based on this info...

Security tasks necessary to post from Sales >Receivables Batch scr
I created a new role and assigned task trx-sales-022, enter/edit receipts batches. Description of task says it doesn't include posting. When I click on post on the Receivables Batch screen I get message that I don't have security to the window that is trying to open. I assume it is one of the posting journals. What tasks do I have to assign to the new role so that I can post receivables batches? This could be a really tricky question to answer depending on whether you wish to use the default tasks that are set up, or if you need to modify to make your security more specific...

Payables Transaction Edit List
Our customer had the following error print on the Payables Transaction Edit List: **ERROR: One of more landed costs need to be apportioned.Document Total. This prevented the user from posting the batch. The batch went into Batch Recovery. However, the error message did not appear when logged in as 'sa' and 'sa' was able to post the batch. This customer does not even own the landed cost module. Plus, this was an A/P invoice, not a POP invoice. Why was this message appearing? ...

Default Case View
Could someone tell me how I can setup default views for cases for different users? I know how to change the default view for all users, however I want to make the view different for different users or groups (eg developers, support, etc...) can someone tell me how this can be done in CRM 3.0 please? Thanks, K2 What you are looking for is making the view private so that only certain users can see it. This is done by opening the view in customization and selecting sharing from the actions menu. By adding one or more teams, you'll make the view private to those selected. In other ...

Validating Tender Entries
I need to be able to validate entries on the Tender screen as they are being input. I see (in the customization guide) that there are hooks available at the begining and at the end of the tender process... does anyone know how to tap into events (i.e. entry of a gift card, check, coupon, etc.) on the Tender screen? Thanks. StuartB wrote: > I need to be able to validate entries on the Tender screen as they are being > input. I see (in the customization guide) that there are hooks available at > the begining and at the end of the tender process... does anyone know how to > t...

Memorize transaction.
Once I payed 100$ to "good sam" and recorded it in the register. Since then whenever I get a downloadable transaction of 100$, money puts "good sam" as the payee (even though I earased it long ago) I keep changing it to "ATM Withdrawal" But Money does not learn. how do you tell it to assign "ATM Withdrawal" when ever the Memo is "ATM Withdrawal" or the amount is 100$? In microsoft.public.money, Ofer Gal wrote: >Once I payed 100$ to "good sam" and recorded it in the register. > >Since then whenever I get a downloadable...

Is batch ID is required in payables transaction entry form?
Is batch ID is required in payables transaction entry form? How about if I just have 1 invoice and do not want to create a batch for it? can I still process the invoice? Hi Bab, A batch i.d. number is not required. You have to post your invoice both in the Payables module and also in the Financial module. I check weekly for any "series batches" that have not been posted in my A/P, A/R, P/R, and Financial modules. If they go unposted it can create havoc. I hope this has been helpful to you. -- Diana "Bab" wrote: > Is batch ID is required in payables transa...

Voided Historical Transaction
What happens when a historical transaction in AP is voided? We are at Ver 8.0, I am trying to reconcile the AP to the GL, the difference I am seeing are relative to some voided transactions. I am seeing these only in the GL and not in the subledger. rcr, When you void a Historical Payables Transaction, it would result into the following 1. Any payment that was applied to the transaction being voided will be unapplied completely so that when you post another invoice, you can apply that invoice to this unapplied payment 2. Reversing entries batch will be created in GL that need to be po...