Sales order processing item inquiry windows - sort order

Hi,

Since I have updated to version 10 (from version 9.0) the document are not
showing in any specific order.  In version 9 they were sorted by document
date.

For example if you choose "By item number" then include only invoice and
then choose history.  You will see that the document are not sorted at all.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks
0
Andre9488 (80)

Andre,

Everything scrolling window has a sort order - just maybe not what you
expect.  But you can always see it by turning on your dexsql.log and seeing
the query generated.

In this case with your same options marked, i get:

SELECT TOP 25 SOPTYPE,SOPNUMBE,LNITMSEQ,CMPNTSEQ,ITEMNMBR,ITEMDESC,<fields
removed>, ,ISLINEINTRA,DEX_ROW_TS,DEX_ROW_ID FROM TWO.dbo.SOP30300 WITH (
NOLOCK) WHERE (SOPTYPE in ( 3 )) ORDER BY ITEMNMBR ASC ,DEX_ROW_ID ASC

Given the setup (by item, invoice only, and show history), this is about
what I would have expected to see.  Don't you have the same results?

patrick
dev support

"andre" <andre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Since I have updated to version 10 (from version 9.0) the document are not
> showing in any specific order.  In version 9 they were sorted by document
> date.
>
> For example if you choose "By item number" then include only invoice and
> then choose history.  You will see that the document are not sorted at
> all.
>
> Any ideas or suggestions?
>
> Thanks

0
prot1 (1345)
9/21/2008 2:07:17 AM
Hi,

Yes the script is the same, the problem is with the "Dex_row_Id".  It seems
like the upgrade did re-number all the "Dex_row_id" and it did not do so by
document number nor date.

Is there a way to re-number the "Dex_row_id" base on the document date?

Thanks

"Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:

> Andre,
>
> Everything scrolling window has a sort order - just maybe not what you
> expect.  But you can always see it by turning on your dexsql.log and seeing
> the query generated.
>
> In this case with your same options marked, i get:
>
> SELECT TOP 25 SOPTYPE,SOPNUMBE,LNITMSEQ,CMPNTSEQ,ITEMNMBR,ITEMDESC,<fields
> removed>, ,ISLINEINTRA,DEX_ROW_TS,DEX_ROW_ID FROM TWO.dbo.SOP30300 WITH (
> NOLOCK) WHERE (SOPTYPE in ( 3 )) ORDER BY ITEMNMBR ASC ,DEX_ROW_ID ASC
>
> Given the setup (by item, invoice only, and show history), this is about
> what I would have expected to see.  Don't you have the same results?
>
> patrick
> dev support

> "andre" <andre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Since I have updated to version 10 (from version 9.0) the document are not
> > showing in any specific order.  In version 9 they were sorted by document
> > date.
> >
> > For example if you choose "By item number" then include only invoice and
> > then choose history.  You will see that the document are not sorted at
> > all.
> >
> > Any ideas or suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks

0
Andre9488 (80)

Windows Time Causing Exchange Crash
I am running Exchange server 2003 sp2 on windows 2003 sp1 with two domain controllers running 2003 as well. The problem is exchange will periodically quick working, I get a windows system event saying it cannot do an LDAP bind with either of the DCs when I restart windows time service on the DCs email starts going again. Time is in the right Time zones and set correctly on all servers. Any suggestions? Thanks Can we see complete unedited event from event log? What happens after you get that event? jspr wrote: > I am running Exchange server 2003 sp2 on windows 2003 sp1 with two >...

Why does IE always open minimized windows when opening a new window?
When I minimize a window, to refer to later, and then open another window, the minimized window opens to full screen for a few seconds before the new window appears. Why can't IE not open a new window without maximizing some other window at the same time? Is there a solution to this problem? Kathy -- scrimaglia Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com scrimaglia wrote: > When I minimize a window, to refer to later, and then open another > window, the minimized window opens to full screen for a few seconds > before the new window appears. Why can't IE not ...

problem installing the windows vista security error code 80070020
it installs hald way then stoped with the error code 80070020 dont no wat to do help plz You receive error 0x80070020 when you use the Windows Update Web site or the Microsoft Update Web site to install updates: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883825 dariyel wrote: > it installs hald way then stoped with the error code 80070020 dont no wat > to > do help plz dariyel wrote: > it installs hald way then stoped with the error code 80070020 dont no wat to > do help plz Is the keyboard not functioning properly ? Please see: How to ask a question h...

strange window resizing glitches under XP (not strictly an MFC question but it's making my app look bad)
I've noticed a very ugly graphical "effect" when resizing a window under XP (Windows XP style / Silver appearance / ShowContentsWhileDragging). Resizing the right/bottom edges works like win2k (i.e. as expected) but dragging the left or top edge causes the right or bottom edges of the window frame to flicker like hell as the background pops through and then gets drawn over with the window contents. Try opening a large window of "My Computer" and then drag the left edge backwards and forwards across the screen quickly and repeatedly - not nice. There's also another...

How can I manually sort the legend key?
I am trying to change the order my legend key is displayed? There should be an obvious feature for this, but I cannot seem to find it? Any idea? You can rearrange the order of the series in the chart, but the order of the legend entries is constrained beyond this. You cannot switch the order of two series if one is on the primary axis and the other on the secondary, or if the two series represent two different chart types (e.g., line vs, column). - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com ______...

Windows too large
System specs: Vista Business Intel Core2Duocpu t5470 NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS I was having problems seeing the fonts inside the windows and the icons on the desk top. I customized the DPI to 144. This made the widows too large. When I went back to the DPI page to change back to 96 DPI, I couldn't reach the buttons on the bottom of the page to apply the change. The other problem is that the task bar is too large. It covers the bottom of the page. Again, I can't change it because I can't reach the apply buttons on the bottom of the page. I need to make the changes bec...

Adding Collapse/Expand to Publisher 2003 items
Hi I'm trying to enter a text box which may be expanded/Collapsed as follows: > More Info... > Next Item... > More Info... When you want bla bla bla, do bla bla bla, > Next Item... Can anyone tell me how to implement it?! Thank you 'bla bla bla' is the sound of geckos mating - so the naturalists tell me. No, you cannot do what you want. Your answer is rude & arrogant. I don't know why would anyone put you in a position to Accept calls for help. Besides - I don't believe it can't be done. Please don't call again "*...

Real Estate - Free post Your ads about property for sale.
Real Estate - Free post Your ads about property for sale. You can join for free and post your ads about property for sale or for rent. www.World-Estate.com ...

Sorting Buttons (VBA)
I am struggling with creating commdand buttons for sorting on a field. Here are the codes in the two buttons: ascending sort button... Me.OrderBy = "[Vendor_JE]" Me.OrderByOn = True descending sort button... Me.OrderBy = "[Vendor_JE]Desc" Me.OrderByOn = True The ascending button seems to work. My question is why isn't the descending button working and how to do clear out the OrderBy in the forms property. Thanks! -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com szag - Put a space between the fieldname and Desc: Me.OrderBy = "[Vendor...

Online Ordering Problem
As my trial version of Money Plus Delux has only few days left to run, I decided to order a copy of it from the MS/Digital River download site. For whatever reason, the order form was pre-initialized for 3 copies instead of the one I ordered. I corrected the 3 to 1 before I filled in the credit card info. To my surprise, I was still billed for 3 copies but by that time I could not change or cancel my order. I immediately sent an email to Digital River about this but I wonder if any of you also encountered this seeming scam. JP In microsoft.public.money, JP wrote: >As my trial ve...

Coexsistence GroupWise 6.5 and Windows 2003
I have done couple of these migrations from Groupwise 5x to windows 2000 or 2k3. Now I researching on a up and coming project to do migration from 6.5 to 2k3. There seems to be an issue GroupWise API is old technology and seems it is not supported. Let me rephrase that you cannot create it using ConsoleOne and maybe i can getway with using the older Snapins say from GW 5.5 for NWAdmin. I see the utility by Novell Gateway for Exchange, has anyone used that for migration? any issues ? do you recommend using that? Or I am wrong into thinking that is a solution? Is there something develo...

cannot start Microsoft office. Cannot open the Outlook window. ol 2007
Computer info: Vista sp1 Office Pro 2007 sp2 MSO 12.0.6424.1000 attached to a AD Win 2003 network running Exchange 2003 sp2 What I was doing prior to receiving error: I was attempting to install Vista sp2, when I was notified that I must install a service pack version that was compatible with the languages installed on the system or remove the unneeded ones (only need US english). I decided to uninstall the unneeded languages. After completing the required reboot, I attempted to check my e-mail and got the error message... I get the this error message whenever I attempt to open outlo...

2004 Mac Microsoft Excel: Lost corner! Can NOT shrink the window!! #2
I am new to Mac, so if anyone can tell me how to fix this problem I have, it will be appreciated. When I launch Excel, open an existing file by choosing 'open' under 'File' at toolbar, Excel opens up a window to show all the files, folders etc. from my computer HD and extermal HD etc. in one window with the tile 'Open: Microsoft Excel'. Somehow, this winow in my Excel program has corner push down out of screen. Therefore, I can not grab the corner to shrink the window to fit my computer screen. I barely see 'Cancel' and 'Open' icons at the bottom of the...

Windows 7 upgrade of XP Pro with IE 8 and getting Certificate Erro
My PC was recently upgraded from XP Pro with Windows 7 Pro and I also had IE running on my machine under XP. now when I browse to many sites I am getting a certificate warning message in IE. I can choose to continue on to the site (even though it says that is not recommended.). But this is VERY ANNOYING! Pleas help! I have tried adjusting many different IE settings, and verified the date-time is correct on my PC. This is happening on valid web sites. So far not very happy with this upgrade! Below is the error message I am seeing in IE: -----------------------------------...

SMTP abruptly dies after installing Windows Update security patch.
All I'm having a strange problem with my SMTP abruptly dieing. My Outlook 2002 sp2 is able to receive but abruptly stopped being able to send through SMTP last week after running Microsoft Update and installing recent security patches and installing Norton Antivirus. I've uninstalled NAV and rolled back the security patches but am still unable to send through SMTP. I'm using 2 different SMTP servers both with authorization on private servers (not ISP) with settings that worked up until last week. I've tried with a different machine, same settings work fine. I'm runnin...

Custom Sort Order in a Form
Hello, I am trying to set the sort order to a custom setting in an Access Form (2k). I have a field with data "High", "Medium", "Low". If I sort normal the data is viewed High, Low, Medium. I want it to sort H,M,L. Is there anyway to do this? Thanks Create a table along the lines of: RatingValue SortOrder High 1 Medium 2 Low 3 Sort on the SortOrder field. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "jrizzo77" <jrizzo77@yahoo.c...

Sorting 7 columns
How do I sort more then 4 columns? I've set up a worksheet that sort columns in a base 1000 number system. I want to use the sheet t organize Ideas that I get for creative writing, so to compile the Idea in chronological order. I need to sort more then 4 columns to make it usable worksheet. How Do I sort more then 4 columns, or get around th problem +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: testtwo.txt |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3471 +-----------------------------...

Crystal reports sort sequence
Is there somewhere that details the sorting sequence of the reports that are included with MS CRM? Specifically, I would like to know the secondary sort for the opportunity report, Pipeline report by sales stage. I know that the first sort is sales stage, but I can't figure out what the secondary sort is. Thanks, David There isn't any documentation to this detail on the reports in CRM, but you can open the report in Crystal 9.2.2 and view the sorting. Probably the quickest way. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "David Cenapp" wrote: > Is there s...

Is tooltip window
Hi all, I am having an HWND, using this how can i able to get whether it is a tool tip window ? thanks in advance. Regards, Umesh P <kbnumesh@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1176702297.777421.285420@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > > I am having an HWND, using this how can i able to get whether it is > a tool tip window ? > Call GetClassName() and compare it to the tooltip class name (whatever that is). -- David ...

IE 8 secondary window problem?
Hi, Not sure this is the right place to post this question; if not I'd appreciate a link as to where to do it. Problem (if it is a problem, well, for me it is a problem!) is that when I'm on a page in IE 8 and click on something that opens in a second window (like a news article), the second window is about 1/3 the size of the full window. I have to enlarge it to see the whole article, video, or whatever. This gets a bit repetitive, and I'd rather have the second window open to full size but can't figure out if there's a setting to control it, and if so, which ...

Windows is not currently managing your wireless network
We have two computers in the house, one connected by wire to the router, and one via wireless. Of course they were set up by our kids.... Today I had to unplug all the wires and plug them back in again. Since that time the wireless computer hasn't been able to connect. In START/Connected to/Wireless connections we see the connection we expected. Status - Connected Network - Hunt's Corner Signal Strength - 5 bars When I go to the providers speedtest website we have excellent speed. That all looks good, But if I click the "View Wireless Networks" b...

Freeze header row at top of each page and exclude it from sorting
In Excel XP on Windows XP, I need to freeze the first row (header row) so that it will always appear at the top of every page and its data will not be included in sorting. Only data below the first row should be sorted. How do I do that? At present whenever I sort by any column, the header row gets sorted along with the other data. That is unacceptable. Lt. Ito "classified"@" <""(classified\"@)"> wrote in message news:Owj8ZbFTGHA.2156@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > In Excel XP on Windows XP, I need to freeze the first row (header row) > so tha...

Printing Blanket Purchase Orders
If one or more lines of a blanket PO have been received, why do these lines still appear on the PO printout? Is there a way to exclude received line items from printing on the PO at the next release date? I believe the solution is to modify the report. You would need to conditionally print line items based on the PO type and status. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Elaine" wrote: > If one or more lines of a blanket PO have been received, why do these lines > still appear on the PO printout? Is there a way to exclude received line > items from printing on the PO at the ...

Is there a setup to create a PO for Item kit and have them received as Kit also?
we understand that creating of PO for kit item is not allowed but is there a setup or way to make it possible? thanks in advance for the help. There is no way to purchase an item flagged in Inventory as a kit item because kits are used for selling multiple components as a single item. Are you wanting to somehow create a PO for all the component items in a kit? You're heading towards a manufacturing order solution. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Stephen Lee Gloria" wrote: > we understand that creating of PO for kit item is not allowed but is > there a setup or way to mak...

cross administrative group move windows 98
We recently installed exchange 2003 in our organisation. We are now running in mixed mode with exchange 5.5. We are not able to do a cross administrative group move for mailbox of all windows 98 users. (from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003). Any idea? Eric Lajeunesse <eric.lajeunesse@saputo.com> wrote: > We recently installed exchange 2003 in our organisation. We are now > running in mixed mode with exchange 5.5. > We are not able to do a cross administrative group move for mailbox > of all windows 98 users. (from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003). > Any idea? Ask in th...