RW user defined Functions

Hello:

I've been working for a couple of days with RW, and is it possible to add
functions made by me, or is just the developer ones available for use as
"User Defined", meaning that i'll have to use VBA to make mine??

Regards

Luis
0
lguifarro (40)

You can write your own user-defined functions with Dexterity. The function
needs to start with the letters "RW" in order to be 'seen' by the Report
Writer. So, in short, this is a developer thing.

Plenty of user-defined functions are already available.  Check the sdk to
find a document explaining some VERY useful functions David Musgrave added to
the core dictionary several years ago.

A document explaining each of these functions is contained in the SKD. The
name of the document is 'RW_Func.doc'. There is even a package file
demonstrating the use of each one of the functions explained in the document.
The package file is named 'RW_Func_Demo_Report.Package'.

The SDK can be installed from the Tools/SDK folder on CD2 or the DVD.

Hope this helps,

Kind regards,

Leslie Vail

--
Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP
MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP

"lguifarro" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I've been working for a couple of days with RW, and is it possible to add
> functions made by me, or is just the developer ones available for use as
> "User Defined", meaning that i'll have to use VBA to make mine??
>
> Regards
>
> Luis
You can write your own user-defined functions with Dexterity. The function
needs to start with the letters "RW" in order to be 'seen' by the Report
Writer. So, in short, this is a developer thing.

Plenty of user-defined functions are already available.  Check the sdk to
find a document explaining some VERY useful functions David Musgrave added to
the core dictionary several years ago.

A document explaining each of these functions is contained in the SKD. The
name of the document is 'RW_Func.doc'. There is even a package file
demonstrating the use of each one of the functions explained in the document.
The package file is named 'RW_Func_Demo_Report.Package'.

The SDK can be installed from the Tools/SDK folder on CD2 or the DVD.

Also, try searching the knowledge base for 'RW_', or 'user defined', several
helpful RW functions are explained in KB documents.

What did you want a new function to do?

Hope this helps,

Kind regards,

Leslie Vail
--

"lguifarro" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I've been working for a couple of days with RW, and is it possible to add
> functions made by me, or is just the developer ones available for use as
> "User Defined", meaning that i'll have to use VBA to make mine??
>
> Regards
>
> Luis
You can write your own user-defined functions with Dexterity. The function
needs to start with the letters "RW" in order to be 'seen' by the Report
Writer. So, in short, this is a developer thing.

Plenty of user-defined functions are already available.  Check the sdk to
find a document explaining some VERY useful functions David Musgrave added to
the core dictionary several years ago.

A document explaining each of these functions is contained in the SKD. The
name of the document is 'RW_Func.doc'. There is even a package file
demonstrating the use of each one of the functions explained in the document.
The package file is named 'RW_Func_Demo_Report.Package'.

The SDK can be installed from the Tools/SDK folder on CD2 or the DVD.

Also, try searching the knowledge base for 'RW_', or 'user defined', several
helpful RW functions are explained in KB documents.

What did you want a new function to do?

Hope this helps,

Kind regards,

Leslie Vail

--
Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP
MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP
MCBSP-Installation and Configuration for Microsoft Dynamics GP
  cell: 972-814-8550
  fax: 972-692-7472

Oops,

Lots of duplicate posts by me, sorry, an error page kept displaying.

What did you want your new funtion to do?  Perhaps it's already been written.

LV

--

"lguifarro" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I've been working for a couple of days with RW, and is it possible to add
> functions made by me, or is just the developer ones available for use as
> "User Defined", meaning that i'll have to use VBA to make mine??
>
> Regards
>
> Luis
Thanks for the replies

I've been modifying an Invoice, and the extra information that i wanted was
the User Category Values, and the item class, and the separate taxes from the
SOP10105 which is the SOP history taxes, i wanted to this because my client
doesn't want the whole tax amount instead he wants it specified.

The relantionship between the Item Master and the main table that the
original report uses the SOP_Document_HDR_temp, cannot be made, becasue of
the relation keys, so, i decided to write som VBA code in the Before_AH
event. and it's a simple one, with the item number you get this information
from the iv00101.

But i wanted to do something more professional, because, you know what's the
problem of coding that you're the only who understand your own code, and i'll
be hard for someone else to interprete, altough in this case is not that big
of a deal because is a simple code. This thing is that i thought that if i
created a RW to this calculations.

Regards

Luis

"Leslie Vail [MVP]" wrote:

> Oops,
>
> Lots of duplicate posts by me, sorry, an error page kept displaying.
>
> What did you want your new funtion to do?  Perhaps it's already been written.
>
> LV
>
> --
> Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP
> MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP
> MCBSP-Installation and Configuration for Microsoft Dynamics GP
>   cell: 972-814-8550
>   fax: 972-692-7472
>

> "lguifarro" wrote:
>
> > Hello:
> >
> > I've been working for a couple of days with RW, and is it possible to add
> > functions made by me, or is just the developer ones available for use as
> > "User Defined", meaning that i'll have to use VBA to make mine??
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Luis
0
lguifarro (40)
2/12/2009 3:08:03 PM
> I've been modifying an Invoice, and the extra information that i wanted was
the User Category Values, and the item class<

I am confused! This information resides in the Item Master, which is linked
to the Sales Transaction Amounts Work table, why can't you just drag the Item
Class Code and User Category Values -- this is an array of 6 elements, so you
will need to drag it 6 times to the report -- to the report?

> and the separate taxes from the SOP10105 which is the SOP history taxes, i wanted to this because my client doesn't want the whole tax amount instead he wants it specified <

Tax Details can be printed on the invoice out of the box by enabling the
Print on Documents option on the Tax Detail Maintenance window. When Printing
your SOP invoice, all you have to do is select Include Tax Details when
printing.

>The relantionship between the Item Master and the main table that the original report uses the SOP_Document_HDR_temp, cannot be made, becasue of the relation keys, so, i decided to write som VBA code in the Before_AH event. and it's a simple one, with the item number you get this information from the iv00101<

There could never be a relationship between the Item Master and the SOP
Document HDR, because the latter does not contain items!!! However, I am not
sure why you would want to print the item categories at the invoice header
level either since an invoice may have many line items, each attached to
different item categories. How would your VB code work in that case? The
answer is simple! IT DOES NOT!

> But i wanted to do something more professional<

Something more professional? Contact your partner, because you clearly don't
understand the system. I would even go as far as suggesting training in SOP,
let alone Report Writer and VBA.

> because, you know what's the problem of coding that you're the only who understand your own code, and i'll be hard for someone else to interprete, altough in this case is not that big of a deal because is a simple code. <

Not really! Software Engineering even of the simplest code provides
guidelines for documentation, variable naming conventions, and a slew of
other standards that make code readable regardless of who develops it. If you
follow any sort of standard or methodology you would know that.

> This thing is that i thought that if i created a RW to this calculations.<

NO! Do yourself a favor, stay away from Dexterity until you enroll in a GP
training to understand the system. Developing add-ons and customizations for
Dynamics GP has a basic underlaying premise: THAT YOU DO UNDERSTAND GP!

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"lguifarro" wrote:

> Thanks for the replies
>
> I've been modifying an Invoice, and the extra information that i wanted was
> the User Category Values, and the item class, and the separate taxes from the
> SOP10105 which is the SOP history taxes, i wanted to this because my client
> doesn't want the whole tax amount instead he wants it specified.
>
> The relantionship between the Item Master and the main table that the
> original report uses the SOP_Document_HDR_temp, cannot be made, becasue of
> the relation keys, so, i decided to write som VBA code in the Before_AH
> event. and it's a simple one, with the item number you get this information
> from the iv00101.
>
> But i wanted to do something more professional, because, you know what's the
> problem of coding that you're the only who understand your own code, and i'll
> be hard for someone else to interprete, altough in this case is not that big
> of a deal because is a simple code. This thing is that i thought that if i
> created a RW to this calculations.
>
> Regards
>
> Luis
>
> "Leslie Vail [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Oops,
> >
> > Lots of duplicate posts by me, sorry, an error page kept displaying.
> >
> > What did you want your new funtion to do?  Perhaps it's already been written.
> >
> > LV
> >
> > --
> > Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP
> > MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP
> > MCBSP-Installation and Configuration for Microsoft Dynamics GP
> >   cell: 972-814-8550
> >   fax: 972-692-7472
> >

> > "lguifarro" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello:
> > >
> > > I've been working for a couple of days with RW, and is it possible to add
> > > functions made by me, or is just the developer ones available for use as
> > > "User Defined", meaning that i'll have to use VBA to make mine??
> > >
> > > Regards
> > >
> > > Luis
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
2/12/2009 6:13:11 PM
now, before we go any further, the facts are these:

i drag the user category values, and selected the index 4 of the array,
because that's the one i wanted, and itemclas from a relationship that indeed
existed between Item Master and the sales transaction amounts work, but when
i printed out the report there were blank.

I said i was modifiying the original report called "SOP short invoice form",
so don't blame me if the original report prints in the AF, the details of the
invoice, and it repeats both information in the report header and the page
header but only prints one of them......

I didn't know you could print the tax details in the invoice, I'll look into
that, however, i don't think i will print them in the way i want.

The code I've used to get the extra information that i needed, worked, this
was not the nature of my question, it fills my report nicely, but if i
already did it, then what's the point of posting this question?? easy,
because i know it's not the proper way to do it, and i was asking you, the
developers, if there was a better way, so don't tell me something i already
know.

If my partner was any good, do you think i will be posting this, mmm no, not
really, it's not my fault that Microsoft relies in whoever they found laying
on the streets just to sell GP, and not bother asking for proper credentials
of the so called partners.

Also i found it easier to create a function that does this instead of
writing some code that you'll only used once and works by some miracle when
as i said it's not the proper way to do it.

Regards

Luis

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > But i wanted to do something more professional, because, you know what's the
> > problem of coding that you're the only who understand your own code, and i'll
> > be hard for someone else to interprete, altough in this case is not that big
> > of a deal because is a simple code. This thing is that i thought that if i
> > created a RW to this calculations.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Luis
> >
> > "Leslie Vail [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> > > Oops,
> > >
> > > Lots of duplicate posts by me, sorry, an error page kept displaying.
> > >
> > > What did you want your new funtion to do?  Perhaps it's already been written.
> > >
> > > LV
> > >
> > > --
> > > Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP
> > > MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP
> > > MCBSP-Installation and Configuration for Microsoft Dynamics GP

0
lguifarro (40)
2/12/2009 9:46:01 PM
>[I] drag the user category values, and selected the index 4 of the array,
because that's the one i wanted, and itemclas from a relationship that indeed
existed between Item Master and the sales transaction amounts work, but when
i printed out the report there were blank.<

Luis, this only tells me one thing: the categories were blank to begin with.
Have checked your Inventory Control setup to make sure the categories are
configured and that each has values assigned to it? In addition, have you
checked the item in question to make sure the category values have been
assigned to the item? I would start there. I ran a test on my system and I
had no problems pulling the categories. Also, you will want to make sure the
item in question is not a non-inventoried item.

>I said i was modifiying the original report called "SOP short invoice form", so don't blame me if the original report prints in the AF, the details of the invoice, and it repeats both information in the report header and the page header but only prints one of them......<

The report header and the page header will not print at the same time on the
first page, unless you tell Report Writer to do so. On the Report Definition
window, click on the First Page Header checkmark.

> I didn't know you could print the tax details in the invoice, I'll look into that, however, i don't think i will print them in the way i want.<

Well, but from there to not being able to there is a big difference. You can
perhaps change the report to meet your needs, but IT'S THERE.

>The code I've used to get the extra information that i needed, worked, this was not the nature of my question, it fills my report nicely, but if i already did it, then what's the point of posting this question?? easy, because i know it's not the proper way to do it, and i was asking you, the developers, if there was a better way, so don't tell me something i already know.<

We the developers believe you should stick to standard functionality as much
as you can. We the developers believe you should try to customize the system
with the standard tools, until the standard tools no longer can do the job
for you. This is where additional development efforts may be required, but
after resorting to all standard method.

As for your partner, it's unfotunate you find yourself in this situation,
but they are hundreds of good Microsoft partners and all it takes is some
research. If you are located outside the United States, I may be able to help
you locating someone in your area. Just let me know if this is something you
are interested in.

Best regards,
--

"lguifarro" wrote:

> [...]
> > > the User Category Values, and the item class, and the separate taxes from the
> > > SOP10105 which is the SOP history taxes, i wanted to this because my client
> > > doesn't want the whole tax amount instead he wants it specified.
> > >
> > > The relantionship between the Item Master and the main table that the
> > > original report uses the SOP_Document_HDR_temp, cannot be made, becasue of
> > > the relation keys, so, i decided to write som VBA code in the Before_AH
> > > event. and it's a simple one, with the item number you get this information
> > > from the iv00101.
> > >
> > > But i wanted to do something more professional, because, you know what's the
> > > problem of coding that you're the only who understand your own code, and i'll
> > > be hard for someone else to interprete, altough in this case is not that big
> > > of a deal because is a simple code. This thing is that i thought that if i

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
2/13/2009 1:38:01 AM
thanks for the replies:

We use the user category values, the six of them in fact, to describe the
house, alcohol grades, brand, quantity in ml, and the presentation of the
liquors we distribute here. In the uscatvls_4, we store the quantity as a
string and contains things like: "125 ml" or "1000 ml". I've used some code
in VBA, in the beforeAF event, and what it does is something pretty
straighforward, opens a connection to the DB, using a recordset i execute:
"SELECT uscatvls_4 from iv00101 where itemnmbr = 'sitemnumber.value'", this
gives me the data that i wanted, and it works, that's why i said it was a
simple code that worked. My original question was if i could do this,
retrieving this value or other, using the user defined functions in RW,
meaning creating one of my own, if it were possible, because as you said it's
best to use the tools already provided to you, than putting some code that
you have to change everytime the customer changes his mind.

But if it means using dexterity and that i could make a mess of it, i better
leave it as it is, so what would you recommend??

BTW, i've only had two months in GP so, it's clear my massive ignorance
about it.

Regards

Luis

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> [...]
> > > different item categories. How would your VB code work in that case? The
> > > answer is simple! IT DOES NOT!

> > > Something more professional? Contact your partner, because you clearly don't
> > > understand the system. I would even go as far as suggesting training in SOP,
> > > let alone Report Writer and VBA.

> > > Not really! Software Engineering even of the simplest code provides
> > > guidelines for documentation, variable naming conventions, and a slew of
> > > other standards that make code readable regardless of who develops it. If you
> > > follow any sort of standard or methodology you would know that.

> > > NO! Do yourself a favor, stay away from Dexterity until you enroll in a GP
> > > training to understand the system. Developing add-ons and customizations for
> > > Dynamics GP has a basic underlaying premise: THAT YOU DO UNDERSTAND GP!

0
lguifarro (40)
2/13/2009 3:27:20 PM
Since you have code already in place that does what you need, why change?
Assuming that the choice here is that you use VBA to run a select statement
or create a RW function (that does a select statement), there isn't any real
difference between the two.

patrick
dev support

"lguifarro" <lguifarro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>> > because i know it's not the proper way to do it, and i was asking you,
>> > the
>> > developers, if there was a better way, so don't tell me something i
>> > already
>> > know.
>> >
>> > If my partner was any good, do you think i will be posting this, mmm
>> > no, not
>> > really, it's not my fault that Microsoft relies in whoever they found
>> > laying
>> > on the streets just to sell GP, and not bother asking for proper
>> > credentials
>> > of the so called partners.
>> >
>> > Also i found it easier to create a function that does this instead of
>> > writing some code that you'll only used once and works by some miracle
>> > when
>> > as i said it's not the proper way to do it.

0
prot1 (1345)

Using the kit function
We would like to create some kits using our inventory on hand. How would we create them and have the individual items depleted from stock and go to these kits. We need to be able to know when to order more items to create the kits when they are getting low. Go to Database -> Items -> New Item -> Standard then change item type to Kit, then click on Kit tab and add the items you need, it will be depleted from inventory. Click on attributes and set the re-order point and re-stock level for the items, create a purchase order weekly or daily and select re-order point method to cr...

Managing Exchange 2000 organisation users private mailbox permissions?
Hi, Is there some utilty to manage Exchange 2000 all users mailbox permissions ? Neither AD or System manager seem to have that possibility. Changing through each user mailbox is time-expensive.. I have a need to change all users calendar permissions to certain level and keep them there administratively. thank You in advance, Kalle Rahu beginning Exchange 2000 administrator ...

Parameter of dll's function
Hi all, I write a MFC application, in this application I load a dll and call its function by use GetProcAddress function. The function of dll that I need invoke has an output parameter which is a pointer of CString class. In dll's function I asign the value of local variable to the content CString pointer parameter. After performing this asign operation my application is halted. What is wrong in my asign operator. Please help me. Thanks. What is the type of your local variable ? Does exe and dll use the same version of MFC ? Generally speaking, following code should work: void...

Having 2 user identeties in 1 profile
Hello I have a little question is it possible to have 2 user identeties in 1 outlook profile? The reason im asking is cause a user has 2 mailboxes and wants to reply to mail sent to each of them with that mailboxes email adress. At the moment i have setup a dummy pop3 with the addy for one of the accounts account and have it set so it never tries to get any mail from the server, just to be able to send through smtp now what i really would like to do is just have 2 identeties in 1 outlook profile so i can get rid of the dummy pop3 account cause it feels like its going to give m...

using date function, month shows as January when i type (12)
when date of birth is A1 and i use the formula =date(year(A1)+19,month(12),day(31)), to get the last day of the year before the 20th birthday, 31/1/1919 appears instead of 31/12/1919. why is this? if i take the +19 away, the same thing happens. The only time it works is if i specify the year instead of using another cell. Does this formula do what you need? ="12/31/"&YEAR(A1)+19 The reason your original formula did not work is because the MONTH() and DAY() functions require serial date numbers (that is to say, an Excel date equivalent expressed as a number). =DATE(YEA...

Algebra function graphs with Excel?
My daughter is getting to a place in her Algebra where she needs to begin graphing functions. Of course, she wants an expensive graphing calculator! I'm wondering if an add-in to Excel will allow graphing of Algebra functions. Ed Ed, Microsoft Student 2006 includes a graphical calculator. About $60 street price. http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/utilities/iga.html is a free add-in, though I believe it requires a bit of Excel expertise to use. (I haven't used it.) HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Ed" <ed_millis@NO_SPAM.yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eYaC0...

Prompt to Ask If User Wants to Create a Duplicate Record
For example, let's say there's already a record for Mary Shelly, and I have a new Mary Shelly that I'm trying to add to my database. Can I make it so that Access will prompt me and say "There is already a record matching this description. Do you wish to continue?" Hi Dove, I'm assuming first and last name are in the same field. Create a button or Label and add this code to the On Click event but make the following changes to the code: NAMEFIELD= The name of the field where the name is kept on the form TABLEWITHUSERNAMES = The name of the table where the username i...

Sum of cell which use if array function
Hi, I have many cells using if function which result is number. I'd like to sum all of those cells, unfortunatelly i cant do that, the result is none. How can i solve this one? Thank you If your IF formulas contain quotes around numbers, REMOVE THEM. Wrong: =IF(A1="x","10","0") Right: =IF(A1="x",10,0) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Pran" <Pran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F9DB21C-4DF6-45A5-AA22-D3F8CDA45F31@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have many cells using if funct...

Printing a User Form
I have a user form using columns A-V in Excel which scrolls down to Row 200. Each row contains customer details in the colums A to V e.g, Name/Address/ Contact Numbers/ Age etc. As I scroll down the list of custermers their details appear in the relevant boxes on the User Form. Is it possible when a customers details fill in the relevant boxes that I can print the User Form with just their details. I hane placed a Command Button ( Print ) on the User Form however cannot get it to print. Any help would be much appreciated. Hi Mully, > I hane placed a Command Button ( Print ) on the...

Share Calendar and see other users Appointments
Hi, It is probably a rookie question but i hope that someone has mercy and answers this with some tips or pointers to assist me to make this work. We did switch from goldmine to MSCRM. The biggest issue we have now is that it seems that users can only access their own calendars. I was able to make an appointment for another user that want to join the meeting but if there is already a meeting schedule then there is no waring. Also the assistant can not pull up the supervisors calendar to schedule appointments for him. Basically we have a small sales team and 2 people that make the appo...

Runtime error 1004 application-defined or object-defined error
I tried to pose this on another group, MS Excel and VBA, but it still has not been posted, and I realize now that this group is much more active and accessible. . . . I am getting the error: "Runtime error 1004 application-defined or object-defined error" in the code provided below at this line of code: .Cells(StartRow + n - 1, 5).Value = _ WordDoc.Comments(n).Scope It is processing comments in a Word document and outputting them into Excel cells. It works fine on another document, but not on this particular document. However, the de...

Defining Print Ranges From Pivot Tables
I have a Excel Spreadsheet that contains 3 workbooks, two of which contain data, one of which contains data which my pivot table on the third workbook feeds off. When in the pivot table i have added 4 four more columns of calculations on the right hand side of the pivot table. These columns use data from the pivot table and the data sheet to perform the calculations. As the amount of data changes variably on what is selected from a field within the pivot table i have had to use iserror and isna formulas so when there is only a short table the colums to the right return blanks rather than error...

Where can I find all of the SA functionality
I'm doing a project for SOX compliance and I need to document all of the functionality that SA has in 7.5 that can't be assigned to a regular user. Where could I locate that information? SA by default has complete access to the systems, expect where you explicitly revoke access under individual user security. SA is hard coded in the application to create new users, and assign user access to companies. The best bet is to contact MBS support for this documentation if they have any >-----Original Message----- >I'm doing a project for SOX compliance and I need to >...

user form
I am so frustrated. I am creating a form and I want to force a phone number format. Easy in Excel but cannot find it anywhere in word 2007. Please help Thanks Use the VBA Format function Format(1234567890, "(###) ###-####") will return (123) 456-7890 -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Dcook" <Dcook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F0E1C93-E828-46F7-98EF-FE6DF84...

Extract list using functions
Hi, can anyone help with the following: I want to extract items in a list and show them in another worksheet. An example of the master list would be: Name Dollars Quantity Months Customer1 $ Q 12 Customer2 $ Q 12 Customer3 $ Q 6 I want to be able to extract all those customers which have less than 12months data (as indicated in the month column). I want to be able to do this using functions in another worksheet and list those seperately there. Is there a way to do this? Elijah Hi y...

Import Export Wizard and Archive function missing under FILE
I have to reinstall my office XP and tried to import my previous settings. However I do not have the option under the FILE menu to Import/Export or Archive. Anyone know how to get this function back? cheers, John. johnkeogh@vexinc.com ...

Report not functionning in Money 2007
Hi ! I just finished the upgrade from Money 2004 to Money 2007. Everything went fine except that the Report function no longer work. Every time i try to get a report, the "Loading" stays there forever and nothing happen. Does someone has a clue of what is happening ? Andr´┐Ż Hi Andre, I am using Money 2006 was also experiencing the problem you described where I would attempt to generate a report, would get the pie chart and then the "Loading" message and nothing would happen. I converted over from Quicken in 2005. I was only experiencing this problem when I tr...

Setting the default address book for all users?
Hi, I was just assigned the Exchange admin duties at our office. We have Exchange 2003 server on Windows 2003 Enterprise. Outlook XP (but moving to Outlook 2003 clients) Office management wants the default address book that displays first to be an Outlook address book instead of our Global Address book (our global address book contains email addresses of other outside offices and an email was accidently sent outside to someone with the same name). They want this done for ALL USERS. I know how to do it in Outlooks with the Tools->Address Book-> Options etc. Is there a way to set th...

User Mailbox that more than one person sends e-mail from
Do to a SARBOX requirement we were told to set all user passwords expire. The issue is we have some users that we set up where more than one person sends e-mail from it. We set the mailbox up in outlook for the people that need to send mail as that user. When those user's password expires the person trying to send - gets an error and is not allowed to send. Is there any way to get around this issue? Thanks Jennifer Jennifer: For your shared mailbox, I would disable that account. Then, create a security group that contains as members everyone that should have permissions t...

HASHBYTES function
1. select HASHBYTES('MD5', 'himansu114@hotmail.com') -- generates this hash: -- 0x0633944C04E55C674701FB084120975C -- I need to generate a 32 byte value. Like this: -- 0633944C04E55C674701FB084120975C Does anyone know to accomplish this? -------------------------------------------------- 2. I have a table with an EmailAddress column that needs to have the HASHBYTES function applied to. Anyone who how I can pass the column of a table into this function? -- Thanks in advance. Himansu Himansu wrote: > > 1. > > sel...

Algebraic Functions
How would you solve a function with input 1 output 8. Then input 2 output 14. next input 3 output is blank then input is blank Output is 24. the input is blank and the out put is 28. Finally, the input is 6 and the output is blank. ...

Limited IF Nested Level functions.
I am day to day user of Excel and need to develop spreadsheets models for management accounting reports. However the application has a limitation on nested level of up to 7 but my financial period has 12 months and it makes it difficult to produce the right template. For example when I want the formula to pick the 8th month totals, the nested IF function does not work. In the old Lotus 123 spreadsheet, one was able to do this. Is there other way this can be corrected? There are lots of alternatives such as a lookup function (VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP), the SUMPRODUCT function etc. Please give m...

update dictionaries for visibility of 3rd party databases in RW
I would still like to request further if an update can be done to the dictionaries to be able to include 3rd party databases visibility in Report Writer. We are modifying the POP Purchase Order Blank Form. We need to link the POA_Ctrl (POA40003) table to Purchase Order Work (POP10100). However, the POA_Ctrl table cannot be found on the list of tables to be linked. This information cannot be linked to Great Plains tables as the tables are stored in separate dictionaries. These are the PO Enhancement and DYNAMICS dictionaries. In relation to this, we are requesting if an update can be ...

Problem with AND function
I'm using the function as shown below =IF(AND((COUNTBLANK(O14:AE14)<17),L14>0),N14*L14, "enter project") essential =IF(AND(TRUE, TRUE), do this, else "enter project" however, I'm getting "enter project" even if only one of the options is TRUE. I thought the whole point of AND was that BOTH had to be TRUE? Any ideas??? Excel 2003 Think it over: if both condition is TRUE then AND is also TRUE, but if only one of the conditions is TRUE then AND becomes FALSE and your formula returns "enter project" which is right. I t...

ADD link in Greatb Plains RW to print a word document
Is there a way in the Great Plains RW to add a link in the report to print a word doc or other for. We have T and C we would like to print when a PO is printed, and it when adding it to the text in PO looks poor, but we rather have is linked to print with some type command prompt in the report . Thanks David I have a VBA example which automatically prints a custom Terms and Conditions report after printing the Purchase Order. This is all self contained in Great Plains and does not use external applications. If you want a copy please email me using the address below (remove the ..o...