RW Query - tax registration number prompt

Hi,

I have a customer who has several companies set up.

Some of the companies have different report dictionaries as they have a
variety of modifications per company.

For the RM Blank document, there is a conditional field - Tax registration
number based on whether Tax Registration number prompt <> ' '.
2 compamies have the Tax nunber set against the company control but only one
company prints the  number. Is this a set up issue - what does it mean by Tax
Registration number prompt <> ' '
Thanks
Jean
--
JB
0

SQL Query
How can I run a query from Custom POS Buttons at POS Screen You can't directly. You would either have to write a COM Add-in or an HTML Add-in to execute a Query and display the results. Look at the drilldown.htm file in the HTML directory for an example. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "Jose SanMartin" <copidorapa@hotmail.com> wrote in message ne...

SQL Query Syntax
I cant figure this out if I use Like in the below statement it works grear no problem. GCriteria = Forms![frmSearchByJob]![cboSearchField].Value & " LIKE '*" & Forms![frmSearchByJob]![txtSearchString] & "*'" If use use the = sign i get an error in the statement I get no records. GCriteria = Forms![frmSearchByJob]![cboSearchField] = Forms![frmSearchByJob]![txtSearchString] Is there something wrong with the sytax? Any help would be appreciated I got it Thanks On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 23:15:07 -0500, Little Penny &l...

need spreadsheet for the calculation of FUTA & SUTA payroll taxes
I would like to see a spreadsheet(s) added to the download section to assist small business owners with the calculation of their Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA) and State Unemployment Tax (SUTA). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com...

How do I show a multiplication sign in front of a number
In an accounting spread sheet I need to set up three cells to show a calculation in a specific way. The first cell is the first number to be multiplied. The second cell is supposed to have the multiplication symbol and the number to multply by. The third cell is to be a formula cell in which the multiplication takes place and the results are shown. I don't understand how my accounting teacher expects me to make the second cell. If I show the multiplication number then the formula cell is messed up. Does anyone have a suggestion. I thought about putting the multiplication sign ...

How can I increase succesive rows by alphabet rather than number?
I can easily create a column of numbers that increase in increments of 1 in each successive cell by adding 1 to the cell above. The first cell is the only cell where I manually input a number. I want to set a column so that I can input a letter, say E, in the top cell and the cells below will fill in with F, G, H, etc. If this can be done, am I limited to a maximum of 26 cells to match the number of letters in the alphabet, or can I go into letters like AA, AB, AC, etc. -- Janus ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Janus's Profile: http://www.exce...

When I paste numbers in to cells why do strange things appear?
I need to paste (10 digit) numbers into cells in Excel documents. However when I do so, something like 1.7001E+11 appears. I have to manually reformat each cell to a number then in order for it to appear correctly. I highlighted the entire column and formatted it to being a number first, but that doesn't matter. Any help would be appreciated. Format > Cells... > Number > Custom > 0000000000 -- Gary's Student "KAL" wrote: > I need to paste (10 digit) numbers into cells in Excel documents. However > when I do so, something like 1.7001E+11 appea...

Marginal rates in Tax Advisor?
Our total gross Wages & Salary are not changed from 2003 to 2004 and our AGI is expected to be lower due to the higher 401(k) and after-50 catch-up limits. However, the Tax Advisor in Money 2004 Deluxe shows a marginal tax rate (for married/joint) of 30% for 2004 compared to only 25% for 2003. I thought the 2003 Tax Bill set the rates in each bracket through 2008? Is this an error in Money 2004 Deluxe or am I misinformed? If our tax rate for 2004 is really 30%, we need to adjust our withholding and pronto! Thanks and regards, -stephen To answer my own query, which was either too obtus...

Rounding numbers then doing a sum of those numbers produces incorrect result.
I have a row of numbers that gets calculated from two other rows. I formatted this row as a number with two decimal places. I then take that row of numbers and do a sum on it but it produces a result that is one cent off the actual total (because I think it is adding the whole number and not the rounded format that I chose). Is there anyway to fix this? Thanks Hi, Formatting does not change the underlying value. It only changes the appearance. Tools>option>calculation> workbook options, check "precision as displayed". -- John johnf202 at hotmail dot com "Gzus...

SOP Tax Calculation
Currently, the system will automatically calculate taxes by line item. I have a client (Asia), wherein they want to calculate at the document amount (subtotal). They want to calculate GST at the subtotal amount and not at every line item. I am not quite sure if this is possible or if there is a way to stop the system to calculate taxes at line item, but if there is a way, please let me know. Any workarounds are welcome as well. Thanks! The system is going to calculate taxes at a line item basis and I do not think there is any way to make the system do otherwise. "Bryan Hipol...

How to project the due date according to a number of working hours
Does anyone know how to project the due date according to a required number of working hours? such as If today is 24 Oct, 2005 (Monday) at 9:00am, my project required 100 hours to be finished, then how to create a formula and to project the due date in excel sheet? Working hour: 9am - 1pm and 2pm - 5pm (total 8 working hour per day) Thank for any suggestion Eric Eric, Try this =workday(A30,INT(A29/8))+MOD(A30,1)+MOD(A29,8)/24+(N((MOD(A30,1)+MOD(A29,8)/ 24)>13/24)/24)+(N((MOD(A30,1)+MOD(A29,8)/24)>17/24)/24) This assumes weekdays only. IF you want to include Sat anmd Sun, use =...

Queries to import data from Access
If I change the drive location of an Access database from which I am importing data into an Excel workbook (I set the query up using the Microsoft Query wizard), I get the following error message: "ODBC Microsoft Access Driver login failed: Could not find file 'xxxx\xxxx\xxxx.mdb'" Is there any way to get round this without having to delete my queries and reimport them from the database in the new location? FYI - I use Excel & Access 2000. -- R Ormerod hi, yes there is. you will have to change the file path in the MSQ. to do that, bring the query up in design m...

formatting cell numbers
I've tried everything I can think of and still can't get a cell to hold a whole number. I've tried the format number with no decimal, using general number, and custom. Yet it all returns less than whole numbers. Any ideas? Could a setting in MS Money cause this problem? On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 19:04:01 -0700, DRKENNE <DRKENNE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I've tried everything I can think of and still can't get a cell to hold a >whole number. I've tried the format number with no decimal, using general >number, and custom. Yet it all returns l...

how do i eliminate prompt to open or save email attachments
i'm using windows 7 & i've seen suggestions to change file option settings but i don't see where to do that in W7 "djd" wrote: > i'm using windows 7 & i've seen suggestions to change file option settings > but i don't see where to do that in W7 ...

IP/Subnet Query Question
Hi, Problem: Given a table like this: Create Table IPList ( IPAddress nvarchar(15), -- e.g. 192.168.1.1 SubnetMask nvarchar(15), -- e.g. 255.255.255.0 ) then given an IP address (e.g. 192.168.3.1) find the row(s) - if any, from IPList where the given IP falls in the given subnet. If not decrement by 1 until the subnet is found. Ideas: I can think of a couple of ways to implement this. Idea #1: Create a UDF that checks the data for a match, like this: select ... where dbo.MatchIP( table.IPAddress, Table.SubnetMask, @GivenIP ) = 1 -- assuming @givenIP is a nvarchar represent...

TOUGH QUESTION:Can a query create a relationship between two tables?????
Hi Everyone I run 2 make table queries and want them to have a relationship afterwards. it doesn't have to enforce referntial integrity as i only need to view the fields of the other table. Also i run these queries everyday so new tables are produced everyday and the relationship has to be severed before the query is run. So is there a query that can delete a relationship from 2 tables aswell? Cheers I would suggest an alternative approach. Rather than use make table queries, create your tables and relationships with the correct data types and lengths. Make table queries are pr...

SUMing small numbers
For simplicty say I have two cells with values 0.0000004499190595611849428288 and 0.0000004499190595611849428288. If I have a formula that adds the two cells (=A1 + A2) the value seems to be accurate. But if I use the 'SUM' function (=SUM(A1:A2)) I get a result of zero, exactly. I have tried formatting the result of the SUM with scientific notation just to see if the value is just too small but it is really zero. I should see the sum to be something like .0000009... but it is zero. This came up when I tried to SUM about 31,000 data values (all small like this) and the result cam...

QUERY: VS6/7/2002/03/05 vs. distcc... woes :S
Is it possible to use Visual C++ 6.0 or Visual Studio.NET 2002/03/5 to do parallel compiles/building across many PCs? I find my building/compiling takes years. Last year when I was developing on linux I came across distcc, distributive C/C++ compiler, that can compile/build a project across many computers in parallel. That means different computers are compiling different source files separately simultanously then linking them afterwards. Total build times were 1/10th of a single PC. It would be nice if MS did something like this for VC6.0 and VS2002/03/5 series. KevinGPO a �crit ...

query help 04-14-10
using sql server 2005 sp3 32 bit i have a table that looks like this (pseudo coded) create table test (id int, parentid int, path varchar(200)) insert into test select 1, null, '/1/' insert into test select 2, 1, '/1/2/' insert into test select 3, 2, '/1/2/3/' insert into test select 4, null, '/4/' insert into test select 5, 4, '/4/5/' insert into test select 6, 5, '/4/5/6/' I need to produce a table that is flattened like this parentid, id null 1 1 2 1 3 2 3 null 4 4 5 4 ...

Formatting a number as a date
When applying the keyboard shortcut CTRL+SHIFT+# to a number, Excel formats that number in the 29-Mar-10 format by default. How do I change that default format for the current and all futire workbooks? Try changing your Windows Regional Options (in Control Panel, not in Excel). -- David Biddulph "Loris" <Loris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D884899B-91A3-49ED-93F0-7D5508D64C2A@microsoft.com... > When applying the keyboard shortcut CTRL+SHIFT+# to a number, Excel > formats > that number in the 29-Mar-10 format by default. How do I ...

Deleting characters that are not numbers
I have a column of 4000 phone numbers that are entered in severa different ways. Such as. (222) 222-2222 (222)222-2222 222-222-2222 222 222 2222 2222222222 I have set up a helper sheet for converting data and need to make sur they all all converted to a format of: 2222222222 How do I write a formula to remove the colons, spaces, and dashe -- jermsalerm ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jermsalerms's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3016 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=5007...

how do I prompt a user to update a cell in Excel?
I'd use an adjacent cell formatted in big red letters: =if(a1<>"","","Please enter a value in A1!") martb wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

Auto Number in List Control
What code can I use to automatically display a number, or preferably, text that will display the same "receipt number" as the previous record or the next successive number. For example, I enter a receipt number in a record...when I start the next record, on a form, I want to be able to click in a list box the same receipt number as before or the next receipt number, which would be just the next number in line. -- Gator ...

Could Workflow be used to create ID numbers for a custom entity?
Hello, I have created a custom entity called "Feature Requests" with a custom attribute called "ID". I am not a developer and would like to know if I could use Workflow to create unique ID numbers for the records being submitted by users. If yes, can you point me towards an example. This would be a stop gap measure until I can get a developer to do a plug in or an Onload Jscript (or I buy a book and learn Jscript....). Thanks, -- M. Milton ...

Using Excel Functions in a Query
Hi, I have a large table containing several years' hourly climate data (temperature, humidity, etc...). I want to perfom calculations to convert the temperature unit (from celcius to fahrenheit) and to do some psychrometric calculations on the data. I usually do these in excel and I have an excel add-in to do the psychrometric calculations (some custom VBA functions) how can I call these functions from within a query and create new fields with the calculated values? any help will be great Copy the custom vba functions into the access database. Functions in the Access database can be...

Excel>Data>Import External Data>New Web query #2
Hi I am trying to use Excel 2003 to import data from http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/quotes/default.asp?refresh=on&rand=8519 I use new web query on the above url. I select the data in the block under 'My Favourite Quotes' The wizard behaves as expected but only returns 1 line not the 3 that have been selected. Can someone please give me some pointers on how I can get the 3 lines. Thanks Bruce Try yahoo instead or go here and get my FREE excel file for quotes or history. Look for donaldb36 as author. xltraders@yahoogroups.com -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@...