RW Query - tax registration number prompt

Hi,

I have a customer who has several companies set up.

Some of the companies have different report dictionaries as they have a
variety of modifications per company.

For the RM Blank document, there is a conditional field - Tax registration
number based on whether Tax Registration number prompt <> ' '.
2 compamies have the Tax nunber set against the company control but only one
company prints the  number. Is this a set up issue - what does it mean by Tax
Registration number prompt <> ' '
Thanks
Jean
--
JB
0

question about removing text from cells, leaving numbers
This forum has already proved helpful, I've already gotten help for a problem. I've got another problem, however. I've got a large number of cells with both numbers and text, I need to extract the text, leaving the numbers so I can add them. The problem is, the number of characters varies. Here are some examples of cells: "3 I am so sad or unhappy that I can't stand it., 2 I am sad all the time and I can't snap out of it., 1 I feel sad." I need to remove the text, leaving the 3 and the two, then I could do text to columns to get the 3 and 2 into their own c...

Page Number Problem
Hi there, hope you are fine... I'm new in this forum, and I have a doubt (a big doubt) about page number... Here is the problem: I have a long spreadsheet (about 320 pages), and I need to show the the current page number, in a sigle cell (A1, for example)... So, if a cell in page 1 is selected, in A1 we'll have "Page 1 of 320", otherwise if the selected cell is in page 20, now A1 will be showing "Page 20 of 320", and so on... I've tried use the PageBreaks.Count, but I get always the same result: "*Page 1 of 320*", it doesn't change to "15 o...

Sales Order sales tax functions
Hi, My client is currently using SO for invoice entry, we can't figure out how the sales tax process works, example! 1. Item is set up as taxable and has tax id assigned to it 2 Customer # 1 pays sales tax on this item 3 Customer # 2 pays NO sales tax on this item, when we to lines and pick this item we get the tax? Could someone lead me to find some documentation on how sales tax works in GP 10 SO?? I didn't seem to find much on KB. You can email me at jims@em-powered.com, I do appreciate it, Thanks! Sales taxes can be complex. Full documentation can be found in o...

How to write parameter query with "or is null" criteria
Excel Office 2003 I am trying to use multiple parameters where the user can leave any given parameter blank and it will return the record-set. When I attempt to use a Or "Like [Enter Year:] is null" and run the query, it returns a syntax error message. I appreciate any help you can give. Thanks, - Vince ...

week numbers
Hi I am trying to insert the week numbers i would like the week to start on a Saturday and end on the Friday i have tried this formula =TRUNC(((StartDate-DATE(YEAR(StartDate),1,1)+ MOD(DayOfWeek-WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(StartDate),1,1)),7))+6)/7) where StartDate is the whose week number is to be found, and DayOfWeek is the day of week number (1 = Sunday, 2 = Monday, ..., 7 = Saturday). my formula :- =TRUNC(((B21-DATE(YEAR(B21),1,1)+MOD(7-WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(B21),1,1)),7))+6)/7) on chip pearsons web site what i am finding when i get to Friday of the first week and the week number changes to 2, later ...

Query. How to add this calculated field?
Add a calculated field for ExitDate, which is when the renter will leave the unit based on the date the rental started + the length of stay * 7 (to convert the total time in unit from weeks into number of days) Hint: StartDate + (Length * 7) ---StartDate, Length are data columns. How can I do this!? I tried: Design View on the Field row typed: [StartDate + (Length * 7)] But it's not working it shows a windows "Enter Parameter Value". Maybe I'm wrong. How can I do this!? *Access 2007 Try this -- [StartDate] + ([Length] * 7) -- Build a little,...

Store sizes and number of mailboxes.
with Exch2003 SP2 what is the fastest way to find the information in the subject? Does MOM tellyou the store size and number of mailboxes? On Feb 9, 1:16 pm, Tyson <T...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > with Exch2003 SP2 what is the fastest way to find the information in the > subject? Does MOM tellyou the store size and number of mailboxes? My firm uses a Quest Product called MessageStats. There are tons of reports you can run such as mailbox sizes, number of mailboxes, activity information per mailbox, server activity, etc... Its a nice tool, I use it every day. On ...

Query help 02-29-08
I have a table with 20 columns and I am looking to add a column that searches the other 20 columns and if all the cells in that row are null enter value in the new column =X and if there is information in any of the other columns make new column's row value = is null? Any help would be appreciated. A B C D NEWCOLUMN 1 A Z B X Q X It is rarely necessary to store "calculated" data, and there are some good reasons not to. What you are asking for sounds like something you...

Page numbering with Master Pages
I have two Master Pages. One is to have no numbers on TOC and other pages. I noticed in creating a new book that the page numbering is starting on page 8 as page 8, instead of it being page 1. It's the 8th page, but the first 7 pages have another Master Page applied. How do I get page 8 to start the book's numbering off as page one? -- -- Robert Pearson ParaMind Brainstorming Software http://www.paramind.net Creative Virtue Press/Telical Books/Regenerative Music http://www.rspearson.com paramindsoftware@gmail.com wrote: > I have two Master Pages. One is to have no numbers on ...

Change default number format
Anyone have any idea how to do this? You could create a template workbook (*.xlt) and format all the cells with the numberformat you want. Then use that whenever you want to use that special format. If you want to use that number format for all new workbooks, name the template workbook book.xlt and store it in your XLStart folder. If you save another copy as sheet.xlt, then any new sheet added to an existing workbook will inherit that number format. mbrucker wrote: > > Anyone have any idea how to do this? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com Right click the cell. > format cells ...

Query design help requested
hello to all I'm fairly new at this! Here's my situation. qryA and qry B have identical structures. The PKey used in both is EmplID. I need to know how to construct qryC (again with the same fields) so that it contains ALL the data rows in qryA EXCEPT those also in qryB. Help greatly appreciated Victoria Use the unmatched query wizard (first dialog when you create a new query.) Use qryA as the first 'table', and qryB as the one to exclude. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips...

' in a query?
I have this SQL in a query: sSql = "SELECT *" & vbCrLf & _ "FROM tblTest4" & vbCrLf & _ "WHERE tblTest4.Caption_Name LIKE '%" & qryAuthor & "%';" But I would like to do a query on the character ' But as you can see when qryAuthor = ' I have a problem. If I try one ' then the query hangs. If I use '' I get an error . I have tried Chr(39) and &#39; none of which work. Any ideas how to query on this character? Thanks. -- George Hester _________________________________ Hi George, Replace...

How can I change a serial number?
Once I've entered and commited a serial number, is there are any way I can change it later? El, No, you can only delete it and re-add it with the new serial number with the standard functions of RMS. There is an add-on from Digital Retail Solutions called the DRS Serial Editor you can get; http://www.digitalretailer.com/rmsaddins.htm -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on ...

Exporting OL2k contacts so street number and name go into different fields?
Our local residents association has each subscriber listed as a separate contact in Outlook 2k. We want to print labels for a mailing by volunteers and it would be a big help to pre-sort the envelopes by street name first. Problem is I can't see how to do it. I tried exporting the contacts as a 'Windows csv' file and opened it in Excel 2k hoping to sort on street name. But, although town and postcode appear correctly in the fields 'Business City' and 'Business Postcode', all of the rest, say '1 Acacia Gardens, Suburbia', goes into 'Business Street'...

Entering a number series into a column
Hello, I am using Excel 2002 and I am having an issue with what I think shoul be a simple procedure. What I need to do is insert a series of number into a column to associate an alarm message with a number, Example: These is the contents of column C. C Row1 Comp A: Flowmeter HI Temp Row2 Comp A: Flowmeter HI HI Temp Row3 Comp A: Flowmeter LO Temp Row4 Comp A: Flowmeter LO LO Temp Row5 Comp A: Flowmeter LO LO LO Temp I need to add a series of numbers to the beginning of the text, en re...

Strange email prompt
I've inherited responsibility for running several programs that, among other things, email the results of the same programs. These programs run on several PCs and I've just added them to another PC so they can run there. The problem is, on this new PC, a prompt comes up saying something like "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No." Allow acces for " and there's a drop down window and I click yes and it continues and then another wind...

Auto Numbering in Excel
Hi Can anyone please tell me if it is possible to automatically number rows in an excel spreadsheet. Eg: 1 1.1 1.2 2 2.1....etc However there will be blank rows in between the numbered list. At the moment I am manually entering the numbers but then if I need to insert an additional section, I have to manually change all the following numbers. Is there any easy way to auto number in excel. Any help/advice most welcome. Thanking you in anticipation. Hi no this is AFAIK not supported in Excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Sue wrote: > Hi > ...

I need to type numbers into an excel spreadsheet some of them begin with a zero some do not. How can I have excel show the 0 in the numbers that begin with 0. If I type 0236547 the number shows as 236547. I don't want all the numbers I type to begin with zero. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks very much for your help. Best regards, Dee use a custom format with how ever many digits you need, 000000 -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA60FC8A-C7CB-432A-B2B2-EEEBF86D2646@microsoft.com... >...

How do i make a Query for a certain Date Range?
Is it possible to create a query to pick out certain year ranges? I have a column for birthdate - this shows as 01-jun-82. I would like to create a query for seperate age ranges such as 15 - 19 years, 20 to 29 years, 30 - 39 years, 40 - 49 years, 50 - 59 years and 60 and over. I would then create a report to view the data. I am hoping that the person would automatically go into the next year once they had their brithday if they went up an age bracket. (e.g if they are 29, and turn 30, next time the report opens, they are in the 30 - 39 section automatically). What would i type in the crite...

Help needed re: parameter query
I create a parameter query to allow users to check records with interview dates that fall between a specific time window on a timely basis. To do so, I first create 2 fields as: start_date: [On! or AFTER (m/d/yyyy):] end_date: [On or BEFORE (m/d/yyyy):] Then for the "interview date" field, I put in the criteria: >=[On or AFTER (m/d/yyyy):] And <=[On or BEFORE (m/d/yyyy):] This way when opening/running the query, the user will be prompted to enter a start date and an end date. However, the test run picks up one record that falls outside the range (along with all other r...

Sales Tax Analysis
I searched and didn't see this question answered, so I thought I would post. Just upgraded to RMS 1.3 from QS2000 a few months ago. In QS I had a Sales Tax Report that gave me the same information as the RMS Sales Tax Analysis Report, but on a daily breakdown for the month. This aided in filling my tax payments to the required authorities. Does anyone know how to run a Sales Tax Analysis and get a daily breakdown as opposed to just a grand total? Thanks in advance for your help, Ryan ...

Sorting by number of characters
I am using Excel 2007 (thought I posted this earlier, but can't find it - even with google group search). I need to sort an inventory list according to the number of characters in the item number (not by numerals). Is this possible? Thanks! Nicole May be this... =LEN(A1) Change the A1 to your Item Number Cell. Remember to Click Yes, if this post helps! -------------------- (Ms-Exl-Learner) -------------------- "NicoleS" wrote: > I am using Excel 2007 > (thought I posted this earlier, but can't find it - even with google group ...

ID number showing
I created a report that collects its data from a query. When I run the query the correct information displays. When I run the report one of the fields displays the ID number of the data table rather than the text entered into the table. -- bmorganh Is there a chance that the field in question is defined as a "lookup" data type in the table? If so, Access is displaying "the text [...in...] the table", but is actually storing the ...!ID number! More info, please... -- Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP Disclaimer: This author may have r...

Non-stop LDAP queries from Exchange server 2003
Hi, I have a problem with my exchange server 2003. It is making the same LDAP queries to my DC server at a rate of >1000 LDAP queries per second. My DC server has enough power to handle the load, but this has to stop soon. I have used packet sniffer to look at the traffic. Every query ask for the same info. The DC replies also give same answer. In Attribute: cn, the value is: public folder store. I have tried dismounting the public folder; and the queries stopped. Has you seen this problem before? Can you give me any suggestions? I can provide the sniffed packets for investigation. ...

SALES TAX ON RECEIPT
WE ARE USING V1.3.0203 RECEIPT TEMPLETE 40 COLUMN HOW DO YOU MAKE THE SALES TAX AMOUNT APPEAR ON RECEIPT ANY HELP THANK YOU you need to go to database, down to registers, receipt formats, choose which and click properties. You will see sales, canceled, layaway, etc. click on properties next to sales because you want it on the sales receipt i believe. Scroll down to tax details and ensure it says true. That is working for ours. arik "CNSDRAKE" wrote: > WE ARE USING V1.3.0203 RECEIPT TEMPLETE 40 COLUMN HOW DO YOU MAKE THE SALES > TAX AMOUNT APPEAR ON RECEIPT ANY HELP TH...