running Payroll calculations remotely

Is it possible to run Payroll calculations remotely, using web services.
I mean: Payroll -> Calculate batch.
So far, I cannot find any relevant web method

Thanks for help
Boris
0
BorisT (3)

There is none!

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Boris T" wrote:

> Is it possible to run Payroll calculations remotely, using web services.
> I mean: Payroll -> Calculate batch.
> So far, I cannot find any relevant web method
>
> Thanks for help
> Boris
0
MarianoGomez (3440)

Adding a calculated ROW to a pivot table
Does anybody know how to add a calculated ROW to a pivot table? I have a pivot table that is returning totals at the bottom, as it should, but I *also* need it to return that total as a percentage of grand total, directly beneath the total. I've always done this free-form in the cells below a pivot table before, but the size of this pivot is dynamic so that's not an option. Also--I'm using the pivot in Access, not Excel directly. Anybody have any tips? Thanks! ...

use displayed value in calculation
quick question - if I perform a simple calculation of =(a1+b1) in the m1 cell, and then need to use that result in another calculation in the n1 cell =(m1*3.14), why do I get a value of 0.00 returned? michae What values are in cells A1 and B1? A small number, showing two decimal places, could display as 0.00 michael wrote: > quick question - > > if I perform a simple calculation of =(a1+b1) in the m1 cell, and then > need to use that result in another calculation in the n1 cell > =(m1*3.14), why do I get a value of 0.00 returned? > > > > michae > -- ...

Run Time Error '1004' Application or Onject-defined
Hi all. I am having a strange problem with the below code in that it produces the run time error when trying to Paste the Selection. However, if I perform the action manually in exactly the same way, as in recording the macro in the first place, it works!? How can I get this to run - it is after all, a really simple code. (Most frustrating) Thanks, Wes. Windows("Transaction_Record.xlsm").Activate Sheets("DETAILED_PMNTS_REC").Select Range("N2077:QV2089").Select Application.CutCopyMode = False Selection.Copy Windows("AUDIT_TR...

outlook running on XP Pro in workgroup mode prompts for password on exchange 2003
we have a windows 2000 network with exchange 2000 local user are members of the domain, remote offices connect via Lan to Lan VPN with 5 or more computers running in workgroup mode. The users in the workgroup have local accounts on there XP pc that match the domain username/password. Currently they local to the exchange server with any issues. Outlook passes there username/password to the exchange server and logs then on. I have added a windows 2003 server and promoted it to a backup ADS server, added another windows 2003 server as a member server. Installed Exchange 2003 SP2. Move all the lo...

Payroll Posting Accounts #5
v9.0 / SQL2000 When you have the payroll posting accounts set up, how does GP know where to post transactions to, if only 2 of the 3 segments match? We have our accounts set up according to the following examples: ACCOUNTING > ACCOUNTING > SALARY ACCOUNTING > ALL > SALARY ALL > ACCOUNTING > ALL ALL > ALL > ALL Say if an employee had a transaction, and only the first 2 of the 3 segments match (ACCOUNTING > ACCOUNTING) Where would GP post the transaction amounts ? ...

what tab for calculating percent and decimal?
I want to find the percent for each column. Which tab do I click to get the drop down choice for percent. I found it once and forgot to remember it. I also remember seeing the dropdown had decimal as well. I am just starting to explore using this for my grading system at school. Today is my first day exploring this site. try format>cells or right click>format>>>> -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Heidi" <Heidi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BBF5660-5CD7-4756-9972-D980105...

Calculating Time Difference
Hi, I am trying to develop a query where my client wants to track how much time in minutes does a nurse spend in various activities (staff education, patient/family education, answering drug relation questions etc. etc.) to assist nurses in other units. What query type should I use? How do I write the query? There is a start time (when the nurse recieves the call) and completion time (when the nurse hangs up). Thanks Mrinalini <drmrinalini@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1176645431.981118.294870@e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I am trying to develop a query wher...

Running a .bat file with spaces in the path.
I am trying to run a .bat file from a macro. The shell command works okay most of the time - but I cannot seem to make it work if there is a space in the path. (So, running C:\Apps\BFIle.bat works, but not C:\My Apps\BFile.bat) As the .bat file I want to run will change, I want to enter the path in a cell, and then run the macro with a button. This means simply enteing the path in double quotation marks in the Shell command will not work. BFile = Range("A2").Value i = Shell (BFile, 1) Any ideas? Odd that a space is giving you a problem. This works for me whether the path has a ...

Calculate meeting timings
Hi, I had one requirement. I want to calculate my total meetings time i spent througout the week, month or year. This will help how to manage my time between my work and meeting. Any solution to this??? ...

Calculating dates & creating reports
I need to design a database that will calculate due dates for evaluations. It will have 5 dates. 4 are calculated. These dates need to be on a form along with the employee's name and other vital info. The user should be able to enter that Start Date and have all the other dates calculate automatically. There are approximately 55 employees! The first date (Start Date) is entered by the user. Example: User enters Start Date: 2/01/07. #2 Next Date is 91 days from 2/1/07, which calculates to 5/03/07. #3 Six Month Date is 182 days from Start Date, which calculates to 8/02...

YTD calculation
I run spreadsheets with monthly columns for actual, budget, and variance. I have final YTD columns. I currently go in and add the latest month to get this total. It would be simpler if I could have a YTD cell with a value like 3 for March. If I then had text in column 1 it would sum 2,5 and 8 for actual, 3,6 and 9 for budget and 4,7 and 10 for variance. Changing just the YTD cell value to 4 for April would change this calculation. Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks. Michael =MONTH(TODAY()) will return 11 for November or 4 for April -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Michael" <...

Payroll should allow setup by assigning departments to segments
When setting up payroll posting accounts for gross wages we should have the ability to assign for e.g. departments to specific segments within the Chart of Accounts, instead of entering all combinations. Is this possible? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane...

Excel VBA
Hi, Is there any way to freeze (prevent) a number of worksheets from recalculating when a VBA macro is running? I have a spreadsheet with about 10 worksheets, most of which are linked to each other in some way. One of my macros only needs to use the formulas (and related results) from about 7 of these, so the other 3 are updating all the time but since the results from these are not needed then they are slowing down my code. Is there some VBA function for temporarily disabling a worksheets calculation function? I would need my code to look something like this: Code: -------------------- ...

Percentage tax calculation 07-01-05
Hi all, i need to set the tax calculation at fixed value of 20% but i doesn't see this features in crm. any suggestion? Thanks in advance, Joe On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 13:37:17 +0200, "Joe Fischietti" <joefischietti@removemelibero.it> wrote: >Hi all, >i need to set the tax calculation at fixed value of 20% but i doesn't see >this features in crm. >any suggestion? We have an add in that will do this. It allows tax rates to be set by percentage on quotes, orders and invoices. The tax rate is set for each product with a configurable default and may be over...

Public Function not running
Hey, I have a public function that I call from a cell. The function is: Public Function QuitTime(strQuitTime As String) As Date Dim strHour, strMin As String Dim intHour, intMin As Integer Dim dtTime As Date strHour = Left(strQuitTime, 2) strMin = Right(strQuitTime, 2) dtTime = strHour & ":" & strMin dtTime = dtTime + Range("MainSheet!B2") ' this cell contains the value today() QuitTime = dtTime End Function Anyway, I run a vlookup on this array from another sheet and when ever i run that vlookup, it makes all the cells in th...

running external program, waiting for completion
I'm trying to start an external utility from a C++ program, but I'm having some problems I've tried various approaches, but all seem to suffer from the same problem: I can start the utility but if I try to wait for it to exit, then I'll wait forever (& the utility never seems to start running). One example: SHELLEXECUTEINFO ShExecInfo = {0}; ShExecInfo.cbSize = sizeof(SHELLEXECUTEINFO); ShExecInfo.fMask = SEE_MASK_NOCLOSEPROCESS; ShExecInfo.hwnd = NULL; ShExecInfo.lpVerb = _T("open"); ShExecInfo.lpFile = "c:\\xxx\\yyy\\zzz.exe"; ShExecInfo.lpPar...

Accessing desktop shortcuts when programs are running
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Is there any way to toggle between program windows and the desktop so that you can access the shortcut icons there without resizing or minimizing your program windows? It would be great to be able to do this, especially when I have four or five word documents open . . . Thanks! You can use the ApplicationName> Hide ApplicationName or Hide Others command to hide the window(s) to access the Desktop - assuming you don't have any other application windows open. However, you might want to explore other more effective...

Allow active x controls to run in RMS POS
Hi there. When trying to run drilldown.htm in RMS on my POS computer, I get the error message "Your current security settings prohibit running active x controls on this page", and it doesn't work. It works fine on my back office pc, and I can't find any difference between the IE settings on the two pcs. Where would I find the setting to allow active x controls to run? Cheers Problem solved, windows automatically blocked it because I sent it as an email attachment from my office pc Mheill wrote: > Hi there. > > When trying to run drilldown.htm in RMS on my POS co...

Calculate the total overlapping time of multiple tasks, excluding non-working times
I am developing a tracking calculator for an overall process. Within the overall process, there are 3 steps which are completed. These steps can be completed independently from one another, but can also (sometimes) overlap. I am trying to determine the total time for the overall process (from beginning to end), without counting the duplicated times where the steps are running parallel to one another, or times when some steps may be completed and are waiting for another to start. I have outlined the basic design of the worksheet below, with times in mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm format. S...

How to run Office:Mac on a PC?
For better support of Mac users, I want to run Office:Mac on a PC. Though I know about PearPC http://pearpc.sourceforge.net, I did not yet give it a try. Are there other solutions available? Many thanks for all hints and explanations, Thomas Hi Thomas, as far as I know, there aren't that many solutions to run Mac OS X on PCs. I have heard of PearPC, but I don't think that you can legally run Mac OS X on a non-Apple computer; if I remember correctly, the license agreement states that you are supposed to run OS X on Apple hardware only. Also, since you can only buy Mac OS X for Power...

HELP: Add textbox to a frame at run time
Hi All, How can I add text boxes on the form at run time based on what user inputs in a textbox? For eg: I have a textbox "Total Students" , so Once I input a number in that textbox, I want to have that many textboxes on the form during run time. If I input 4 I want four textboxes to be displayed on the form. Thanks in advance ...

calculating different percentages depending on amount
I'd appreciate help with a formula I need a formula to calculate the following 4.5% of any amount up to and equal to $41,100.00 PLUS 6.00% on an amount above $41,100. ie $20,000 would be (20,000 x .045) $900.00 ie $50,000 would be [(41,100 x .05) + (8,900 x .060)] $2,383.50 Thanks Pete -- pgruenin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pgruening's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2601 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47878 Here's one which may work. Just substitute...

Newbie Remote Assistant and Desktop Questions
i Folks: Developing C++ on VS 2008 Pro, XP Pro, Win32. I have a client that recently upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 Ultimate, 32 bit, on his laptop. I recommended he get Ultimate so I could run Remote Desktop over the Internet. This is before I actually tried using Remote Desktop. After getting Remote Desktop up, I see that I really want, to help my client, is Remote Assistant. Both Remote Desktop and Remote Assistant are now running fine with two XP PCs on my LAN, using my Internet address, to connect. I've cobbled together port numbers requiring...

Payroll deduction based on percentage of another deduction
Is it possible to set up a payroll deduction based on percentage of another deduction? I see we can base a deduction on selected paycodes but not deductions. We can collect a percentage of wage attachments as collection fees but if the wage attachment deduction amount changes each pay, we'd have to manually change to collection fee code each pay. I'm looking for a way to calculate this collection fee automatically. ...

Remote Assistance Script
I am dealing with a person who is technically challenged and it is a major effort to get this person to send me the password so I can take control of their machine. Both systems are running W7 Home Premium and Windows Live Messenger. Remote assistance works great once I get this person to do the copy/paste/send of the generated password. It seems that this is a little complex for the novice user. Has somebody created a script or macro or something that will handle all the stuff for the person requesting assistance? Am I the only one with this request/complaint? ...