Running Checklinks

It's often suggested by our partner that we need to run checklinks to fix a
certain problem.
This involves running checklinks for 2 to 3 hours, after a backup and with
no users on the system.

Would it be possible to add parameters to the checklinks, so that all
transactions/transaction lines relating to one PO are checklinked

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0aa6f8e4-7c49-4285-b694-e2e8697bf17f&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
CM1 (35)

CM,

I don't envision this happening, as that would somewhat defeat one of the
purposes of check links.  Instead, my suggestion would be to find out what
is causing you to have to run check links so often (what's often, by the
way?) and address that issue.

--
Victoria Yudin
GP MVP

"cm" <cm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It's often suggested by our partner that we need to run checklinks to fix
> certain problem.
> This involves running checklinks for 2 to 3 hours, after a backup and with
> no users on the system.
>
> Would it be possible to add parameters to the checklinks, so that all
> transactions/transaction lines relating to one PO are checklinked
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0aa6f8e4-7c49-4285-b694-e2e8697bf17f&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

0
victoria (3340)
11/10/2005 5:50:46 PM
You state that this would defeat one of the purposes of checklinks, whereas I
believe it would add functionality ( perhaps as a separate routine ).

I agree that we need to 'sort out' our system problems, but still maintain
that running checklinks seems a rather lengthty way of correcting one
transaction.

'Often' is 2 or 3 times a month, sometimes multiple issues are 'saved up'.
The problem is finding a time when checklinks can be run safely and then
having time to reconcile and check that what ahs been amended is correct.

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> CM,
>
> I don't envision this happening, as that would somewhat defeat one of the
> purposes of check links.  Instead, my suggestion would be to find out what
> is causing you to have to run check links so often (what's often, by the
> way?) and address that issue.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> GP MVP
>

> "cm" <cm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > It's often suggested by our partner that we need to run checklinks to fix
> > certain problem.
> > This involves running checklinks for 2 to 3 hours, after a backup and with
> > no users on the system.
> >
> > Would it be possible to add parameters to the checklinks, so that all
> > transactions/transaction lines relating to one PO are checklinked
> >
> > ----------------
> > this
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0aa6f8e4-7c49-4285-b694-e2e8697bf17f&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

0
CM1 (35)
11/14/2005 11:31:17 AM
If I understand this right - Checklinks checks for the orphan records
and if necessary either creates missing records or deletes unnecessary
records. How would you check for something that is orphan without
scanning the entire group of tables. I've seen in some cases where
client writes to only couple tables and then let check links figure out
missing entries and create them.

I think selecting group of tables is key in checklinks. If you are
scanning history tables, that may take time. If you are scanning only
open tables, it should not take too long - though it depends upon your
database size.

Hope this helps.

0
rrs1977 (140)

Running WLM on 2 computers
If I run WLM on my desktop and my wirelessly connected laptop, both on my home network, will my emails go to both computers? If both computers are using the same e-mail address, on both machines: Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Check: Leave a copy of messages on the server. On one machine only, check to Delete messages after X days to satisfy your allotted space you get from your server. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "jbacinti" <jbacinti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C9B6...

Running the program without admin privelege
Running the program without admin privilege When non admin users run a specific program it does not run properly until admin account and password is entered. Is there any way I could make the application runable by any user? Thanks. You would need to make all the resources required by the program available to the users by giving them permissions to them. Contact the vendor of the program for assistance. JohnSmith1 wrote: > Running the program without admin privilege > > When non admin users run a specific program it does not run properly until > admin ...

How to run a macro if I don't know the name in advance
I am trying to create a macro on the fly using vb code from an existing file, and then run the Macro that was just created. Is there a way to find out the name of a Macro programmatically so that I can pass it to the Application.Run method? Maybe: myMacroName = Application.Dialogs(xlDialogMacroOptions).Show "Himanshu" <Himanshu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B140EF14-FF81-4E25-B1E2-8CD6EF813F56@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a macro on the fly using vb code from an existing >file, > and then run the Macro tha...

Running Check box code after Command button Click
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Call CheckBox2_Click End Sub I have code like the following and it works almost like I want it to, but when I check the checkbox it will activate the Form worksheet I have. I do not want anything to happen until after the command button is pressed. What can I add or remove to this code to allow this to happen? Thanks! Option Explicit Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Call CheckBox2_Click End Sub Private Sub CheckBox2_Click() Sheets("Form").Activate ActiveSheet.Range("Address").Select If Selection.Interior.Pattern = xlNone ...

Running an access query
hi, I have a table with multirecords, I would like to put the data in one row, for example, I have a customer who has address 1, address 2 and address 3, each address creates 1 record, how do I run a query that return the customer name and address 1, address 2 and address 3 on one line? -- armele look So your table looks like: Customer Address Bob Bob's Address #1 Bob Bob's Address #2 Bob Bob's Address #3 ???? Are there any other fields in the table? "Armele look" wrote: > hi, &...

how do i set up a ppt to automatically run when opened from attch
how do i set up a ppt to automatically run when opened from attachment in an e-mail? "Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE4473D0-89BE-4448-A8E9-EC4061CF77E6@microsoft.com... > how do i set up a ppt to automatically run when opened from attachment in > an > e-mail? Save it as a pps. However you need to be careful to whom you send it... Save it as a PowerPoint Show (.pps) keeping in mind that the recipient must have at least the PowerPoint viewer installed on their system -- Michael Koerner MS MVP - PowerPoint ...

How to change default autoarchive run time
How to change default autoarchive run time, say if I only want autoarchive to be run at 12:00 PM? ...

PM Payment Runs
In GP9 you needed to do a EFT payment run before the Cheque payment run in order that your EFT creditors would be paid by this method. This changed in GP10 where EFT creditors are not selected on the Cheque payment run. Is there an easy way of getting EFT creditors picked up on the Cheque payment run (apart from switching off EFT in Company Setup)? This became an issue for a customer who needed to pay some of their suppliers but the people who can authorise the EFT run were not available but the people who could authorise the cheque run were. ...

How do I transfer my Outlook 2000 contacts, calendar, e-mails, etc from my old computer to my new computer running Outlook 2007. I have 2 Personal Folders on Outlook 2000 - I exported/backed up the 2000 ..PST files, but when I tried to restore them in Outlook 2007 itye only imported 1 of the 2 Personal Folders and NO contacts or calendar data. Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Sue "Sue Montague" <smontague@mcgoldrick.net> wrote in message news:1sKoj.1413$R84.421@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net... > How do I transfer my Outlook 2000 contacts, calendar, e-mails, etc ...

How Can We Determine Which Rollup We're Running?
I don't recall if we're running CRM 3 Rollup 1 or Rollup 2. How can we determine which rollup we're running? -- Brandon on CRM server add/remove program in control panel find the installtion of CRM server and under it you will find the Roullup1 /Rollup2. remember to check "show all updates". i believe one can also find it in crm registry . /Aamir ...

I want the first cell of a column to be a running bal for that col
Hi! I am trying to set up a worksheet where I have different columns for each area in a budget (ie "Food", "entertainment", "security", etc) Column A&B = Date and decription of each item Row 1: Budget areas listed above Now I have done the "freeze frame" command so that no matter where I scroll, I ca always see Row #1. I would like to have a running balance for each column that I could also see no matter where in the worksheet I am. For Example, C1 = "Food" C2 = a running balance for how much is left in the food budget C3 - C(reall...

Running Multiple Runtime Versions?
I currently develop small applications using A2003 using a 2000 format for the users, who do not have access at all. I have run into alot of reference problems and it's a headache. I am considering an upgrade on my machine to A2007 with runtime extensions. I was curious about users who are currently running 2000 runtime apps and the possiblility of running apps written with A2007. What problems will I run into? Will distributing the 2007 runtime with my app produce errors when user opens a 2000 runtime app? In other words, some users will have multipe apps using differnt runti...

Can't run Outlook 2007
Starts loading, then says "Can't Open Outlook Window" "MJM" <MJM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7A545C6-EF76-4237-966B-0E851F6EF435@microsoft.com... > Starts loading, then says "Can't Open Outlook Window" One of the most asked and answered questions. Do Start-Run and type in "Outlook.exe /resetnavpane" (without the quotes) A search of this group produces many results and a Google search produces THOUSANDS..... ...

Run-Time 1004 password error
I've got a sheet with three password protected sheets. When selecting one of these sheets I get a "Run-Time Error 1004...the password you supplied is not correct..." This started out of the blue. I'm not being prompted to enter a password so I don't understand what is causing this. I'm also not given an opportunity to debug whatever is causing the problem. Other users of the workbook, do not report the problem in read-only. Thanks for any help. bob It sounds like someone added a macro that tries to protect (or unprotect) that sheet. And the current passwo...

Error Running a Macro
Dear members,I am quite fresh using macros.Therefore,I would like you to be patient: A. Situation: I recorded a macro that must open a dataform where I can see information about a small database in Excel, but when I run it, it tells me that there is a mistake, then I debugged the macro and found out this in the code Sub LoadDataForm() ' ' LoadDataForm Makro ' Makro am 7/28/2005 von Vidal A. Castillo aufgezeichnet ' Range("A4").Select Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlDown)).Select Range("A4:V1366").Select ActiveSheet.ShowDataForm End Sub ...

Run program on save/close
I wrote a VC EXE to set environment variables (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Environment). I'd like to call that app when closing/saving (either would be OK) a particular Excel file, supplying, as command line parameters, the values in two (formulaic) cells. Can a script/macro be associated with closing/saving a document and can I do that with a script/macro? I'm no good at VB so some code would be appreciated. Thanks. -- - Vince I assume you wrote the VC program that excepts two aruguents arg(1) and arg(2) with arg(0) being the file name. You would use a shell method in VBA. th...

will office 2004 and/or v.X run under Snow Leopard w/ Rosetta? #2
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Have a client with PPC Macs running Mac OS 10.4.11 and Office 2004 or Office v.X. Now looking to buy new iMacs with Snow Leopard. Will the older versions of office run under snow leopard or does client NEED to upgrade to Office 2008? If Office 2008 needs to be installed is it difficult to install 2008 on new iMac once Apple's migration assistant has been run to x-fer data and older Microsoft identities from old PPC iMacs? - thanks in advance On 10/23/09 2:20 PM, in article 59b7f3ca.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, &qu...

Error on client stating that a rule cannot run
I am getting an error stating that the the rule "Helpdesk" error "this action is not available in the current mode". i Am trying to get the server to proccess this reply so that the e-mail never has to be accessed. I have other users who are have the same problem. but there are other users who can do this rule. any help would be great. ...

macro that runs only when workbook is created
Can anyone tell me if excel has this capability built in? I know in word you can create a autonew macro that only runs when the document is created (doesn=92t run when reopened). Is this possible in excel. Using excel 2007. I want to create a new workbook from a template and I would like to have a macro run when the workbook is created. Thanks for any advice. BRC You need to use Application level events. In the ThisWorkbook code module, paste the following: Private WithEvents App As Excel.Application Private Sub App_NewWorkbook(ByVal Wb As Workbook) MsgBox "New Work...

Problem running sub on a User Form
I have a User Form that has (21) check boxes for making the worksheets in the workbook visible or hidden. Also on this User Form there is an Update Control Button that is clicked to transfer the Data from the User Form to the Worksheet. My problem is if the Worksheet is hidden and I try to update the workbook I get an error message. Run_Time Error 1004 Select Method of worksheet class failed The following code works perfect as long as all the worksheets are visable, but once you hide one of the worksheets I get above error message. I am not sure how to code this to check...

Tool Bar Run Amok
When I run some macros I get a wide grey bar on the left side of my spreadsheet. If I right-click on the grey column, I get a tool bar menu. This is leading me to belive that something in my code is resizing a tool bar. Is there a way to fix this or once it appears to make it disappear? Thanks. Jon Jon If you believe it one of your macros that is re-sizing your Toolbar, I would suggest you check all the code in all your macros for the culprit. Difficult for anyone here to fix it without seeing some code. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 11:25:40 -0800, "Jon" <...

Run a Help file (.CHM) from VBA in an XL application
The Shell command doesn't seem to work with a help file. What command will run a help file and then return to the XL app? Thanks, Fred Fred, I wish Rob Bruce would show up in these groups more often... '---------------------- 'Rob Bruce - public.excel.programming - 05/26/2005 'If you use the shellexecute API you don't need to know anything about the app: '(just the file path and file, as the API determines the program to use - JBC) Private Declare Function ShellExecute Lib "shell32.dll" Alias "ShellExecuteA" _ (ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal lpOp...

run macro after userform unloads
I have a complicated userform contained within a template. Once the userform is completed and the OK command button is selected the userform merges and populates. Within the template I have a series of cross references which I would like updated once the document populates although I'm not sure how to do this as the form unloads and then the document populates. Can someone please shed any light on how I might update fields once the template is has populated? Basically after the following is completed, then I want do something simple like a print preview so the cross...

Can my MFC Regular DLL run in C++ and Visual Basic?
I have an MFC based dialog application that I want to convert to a DLL. So, as a test, I created a simple MFC Regular DLL that is statically linked to MFC. The DLL has two functions: one to add two ints and return the result and the other to run a dialog contained in the DLL. I can build a simple MFC client app to test the DLL and it works. But when I try to run the DLL using Visual Basic I get a 'Bad calling convention' error. Apparently, this can be solved by adding _stdcall to the exported functions. As I understand it, the problem is due to the fact that there is a difference ...

Want websites to think you're running IE7 or IE8? Or running XP or Vista? Read on:
The following are registry entries that make websites think that you are running higher versions of IE or something other than 9x/me. Save the following three registry entries to their own .reg file, and then merge one of them into your registry as needed. The first one sets the default setting, IE6 running on win-9x/me. The second sets IE to make it appear as IE7 running on XP. The third is IE8 running on Vista. Don't forget to reverse the change, afterwards, by merging the default entry back to your registry, to remove the spoof, as some sites (like Windows Updates, fo...