Row Level Security

Is there any third Party module availabe for Row Level Security.

One of our customer wants to restrict the access to Customers, Vendors,
Items etc as per each user's access rights.

If anybody has any information about this, please send it to my email.

Any updates on this will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Sirajudeen
shismail@softnetcorp.com

0
Siraj (2)

I have developed a Row Level Filtering demonstration that can be used with
the Lesson/Sample company.

It was created as a "Proof of concept" to show that filtering was possible,
but is not available for purchase at this stage.

As far as I know you will need to get this functionality developed for you
as a customisation once you can define the business rules of the filtering.

You can email me at the address below (remove the online. first) if you
would like a copy of the demo code.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer
MBS Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"Siraj" wrote:

> Is there any third Party module availabe for Row Level Security.
>
> One of our customer wants to restrict the access to Customers, Vendors,
> Items etc as per each user's access rights.
>
> If anybody has any information about this, please send it to my email.
>
> Any updates on this will be highly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sirajudeen
> shismail@softnetcorp.com

0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

Conditional formatting of an entire row based on a cell text entry
Hi everyone, I would like to use conditional formatting on a table that is 8 columns wide and 50 rows high. What I would like to do is colour all rows that have an X in column D or E. This is what I tried The formula is =A1="x" This colours only the cells where there is an X. What I would like is the entire row or rows to be coloured. Thanks for your efforts Gilles Try setting to The formula is =OR($D1="X",$E1="X") The mixed reference will allow you to copy this to your entire table, keeping the references fixed to column D or E of the current row. &qu...

OL XP enable security setting
When my P900i run sync tools cannot update contact to outlook. I belive is the no prompt up the security setting box, disable the box show " A program is trying to access addresses you have stored in outlook, Do you want to allow this" how can enable this box. Thanks Jackie Wong 111@it.com, you wrote on Mon, 13 Mar 2006 16:37:50 +0800: > When my P900i run sync tools cannot update contact to outlook. I belive is > the no prompt up the security setting box, disable the box show " A > program is trying to access addresses you have stored in outlook, Do you > ...

How to define a "from this row to the bottom of the spreadsheet" range?
Hello. In a spreadsheet, I have a formula which refers to the values of a column ('C', for instance). The first line of that column is a title, so I currently use a range that begins with 'C2'. There is no total at the bottom of the column. All cells that follow the last value are blank. The problem is that the number of values on that column grows periodically. As of now, I am using an arbitrary high value to make up the range in the formula, e.g. 'C2:C1000'. The question is: how can I specify that range without using a magic number? In other words, how does o...

How do I modify the spreadsheet to fit less rows per page?
I have approximately 300 lines and only want 25 lines per page on legal paper, how do I do this? I have tried everything including help and cannot figure it out Insert page breaks every 25 lines and change row heigth to lmake it ook how you want it to look. or goto <view><page break Preview. select all and play with row height until you have just 25 lines between page breaks "LeeAnn" wrote: > I have approximately 300 lines and only want 25 lines per page on legal > paper, how do I do this? I have tried everything including help and cannot > figure it ou...

FRx
I have built a simple forecast report that compares my YTD actual to the YTD budget and computes a trend % in another column. I take the trend % and multiply it against the balance of the budget for the rest of the year. I add the result of that calculation to the YTD actual and it results in my forecast for the total year. The formulas are all contained within my Column Layout. They work correctly for rows linked to a G/L account and also associated with a "unit" level of the tree, rather than a sumarized level. My issue is that the formulas are also calculating on subtot...

copy row to different tab
Creating a SS with 6 tabs(master,A,B,C,D,E) each having 5 columns(doc#,category,date,box,folder). "Category" can have 5 different values, A,B,C,D,E According to which value in 'category' is entered in master I want to copy the row and move it to corresponding tab. Can an IF statement do this? thanks, L. Worksheet functions cannot 'physically' copy rows or columns, nor can they format, hide, display, delete or add rows/columns. Your question included "copy and move", so that definitely rules out worksheet functions. To me, the &q...

Add current row to another Worksheet According to combobox value
Dear All, I want to add currently selected row to another Worksheet depends upon the value selected using a cmbobox in that Row. For example, Suppose i have an xls file with 3 Worksheets. The name of the 3 work sheets are "All" "New" & "Old". All the rows in the "All" named worksheet contains a combobox selection cell, and the values in the combo box are "New" & "Old". If I select "New" value from the combo box, then that row should be added to the "New" named Worksheet. If I select the "Old"...

Row difference
What use of "Row Difference" & "Column Differences" command mentioned in GO TO Menu. S. karan --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ From XL Help: > Row differences All cells whose contents are different from the > comparison cell in each row. For each row, the comparison cell is > in the same column as the active cell. > > ==== > Column differences All cells whose contents are different from the > comparison cell in each column. For each column, the comparison > cell is in the same row as the active cell. ...

Lost Rows ?
Hi I am using Win2000 & Excel 2000. I have a spreadsheet that starts from row 4. I assumed that rows 1,2 & 3 must have been hidden but when I try to unhide rows it still remains starting at row 4. I have tried selecting the entire sheet and selecting "unhide rows" but it remains the same. Any idea how I get back rows 1, 2 & 3. ? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks John Hit F5 (or Edit|Goto) type in A1:A3. Format|rows|Unhide then window|Unfreeze panes. Then scroll up. John Calder wrote: > > Hi > > I am using Win2000 & Excel 2000. I h...

Deleting Blank Rows #2
The problem is there is a blank rows between blocks of data (37 blocks of data) I want to be able to delete the blank rows... the blank rows can vary each month... thanks -- Reeni Hi Reeni, Assuming that the blank rows are determined by blank cells in column A, try the following macro: '=============>> Public Sub Tester1() On Error Resume Next Columns("A").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks). _ EntireRow.Delete End Sub '<<============= If you are new to macros, you may wish to visit David McRitchie's 'Getting Started With Macros ...

Temporary Vendor Security Task
Is it possible to give a user the ability to create a temporary vendor, without giving them the ability to create "regular" vendors? In my research and testing, it appears that the temporary vendor is created on the "Vendor Maintenance" window, making it seem like this is not possible. Thanks Scott, there is really not much difference between a 'regular' vendor and a temporary vendor - it's really just a status field. This would be possible with a customization, but not 'out-of-the-box'. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - ho...

External web query
I am not a programmer and a new excel user. I have an external web query that I am using tracking external links from a web site. I need to create an additional column with the web page info that relates to where the link is coming from. I tried but when I refresh the data it inserts cells with the any new links listed but then that throws off my additional column info. I looked in Data Range Properties and checked the middle option but that doesn't work the way I thought it would. Suggestions? -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com ...

summarizing and finding the max value within a row over 52 column
In an Access database query I have a table/ query with values per week (52 weeks), shown in 52 columns. I can't find the right way to find to the summary; average and Max -value within a row. As I do have next to none knowledge of visual basic, and I can't find the solution within the design grid, I'm looking for some help on this subject. Thanks in advance. Hans, You need to seriously rethink your table structure. Each of your weekly values should actually be in a single colum, with an additional column to indicate the week that the value is for, so instead of: ID ...

Fill handle use is inserting a row
Not sure what happened or if I changed setting, but when I try to use the fill handle and fill a formula to the next row, it inserts a new row. Any ideas on how to fix this? thank you. This probably isn't it, but just in case -- is it possible you have a sticky Shift key? That's what happens (inserting a row) when I Shift- Drag the fill handle. But you probably would have noticed the different mouse pointer if that was the case. Greg Lovern http://PrecisionCalc.com On Jan 31, 12:41=A0pm, Keb <K...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Not sure what happened...

Deleteing some Rows
I am looking for some help to delete the rows in a sheet which have some Specific words in the cell. For example: i have sub total for every 10 to 15 lines and would like to find out the cell which have "sub total" word int it and delete the whole row. Thanks in advance One way: Sub DeleteRow() 'Adapted from Microsoft code found at 'msdn.microsoft.com Dim sFind As String Dim Rng As Range Dim sFindRow As Long sFind = "*sub*total*" Set Rng = Range("A:A").Find(What:=sFind, lookat:=xlWhole) While Not Rng Is Nothing sFindRow = Rng.Row Rng.EntireRo...

Delete Rows from sheet 1 from values in sheet 2
Hi, Sheet 2 has the values A B 1 CAR BUS 2 3 Sheet 1 Has A B 1 BUS 2 TRAIN 3 CAR 4 BIKE 5 BUS I want to programatically select as a range CAR BUS (sheet 2) and delete other entire rows in sheet 2 i.e A B 1 BUS 2 CAR 3 BUS Thanks for all future help -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-programming/200911/1 dim source as range dim basedata as string set source =...

Office security patch
I've recently updated several users with the latest office updates and I've noticed that now on several of the users computers a message comes up everytime they click new mail message that says "a program is trying to access email addresses stored in Outlook" Any help would be great. Thanks, Nathan <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've recently updated several users with the latest > office updates and I've noticed that now on several of > the users computers a message comes up everytime they > click new mail message that says ...

Security
Help!!!!!!!!!!!! How do i have users only see tables with forms?????? johnb Quick answer is Tools/Startup and uncheck the option for Show Database Window That will stop them unless they know how to get it back with Access key. You can disable Access keys in that screen too... To show it for design purposes, hold down Shift when opening. Steve "jbarna@webermarking.com" wrote: > Help!!!!!!!!!!!! > How do i have users only see tables with forms?????? > johnb > > ...

Business Portal Security
I have a client that wants to prompt users to log onto Business Portal due to shared workstations that have a generic user logon. The shared workstations have other apps that are constantly running so it would be a hardship to require users to log off and log on of/to Windows all day. Additionally, they have other web apps that work just fine with Basic authentication and the prompted login. Business Portal, however, is only working with Integrated Security. Does anybody have any ideas? -- Charles Allen, MVP Charles, try the following: during the Business Portal installation, In...

In Excel how do I fill in color on every other row?
I want the information in an Excel document to have all even numbered rows formatted with light gray fill without format every one individually. Use a conditional format to do this and it will not move when you sort the rows:- Do CTRL+A, then Format / Conditional Formatting / Change 'cell value is' to 'formula is' and put in =MOD(ROW(),2)=1 Now click on the format button and choose a nice pastel colour from the patterns tab. Hit OK till you are out and you are done. You could also put in =MOD(ROW(),2)=0 if you wanted the other rows to be coloured. You could also put in =...

row and column labels #2
When opening a worksheet the row and column labels automatically appear as numbers instead of letters for columns and numbers for rows. What can I do? I found the answer to this question. You need to go into tool/options/general and uncheck the box next to R1:C1 "aron" wrote: > When opening a worksheet the row and column labels automatically appear as > numbers instead of letters for columns and numbers for rows. What can I do? Tools, Options, General, uncheck 'R1C1 reference style' Have a great day, Francis Hayes (The Excel Addict) http://www.TheExcelAddict....

Row height
How do I change the row height for 50 rows all at once. I can select all and change aolumn width, but if I select all cells right click, it deselects all but the one row. Help! xl2k. Position the pointer on the first row # of your series and left click and hold, drag to the last row # (all rows will show as selected), release and then right click and select the Row Height command, set the height and "OK". -- Regards; Rob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "Kayden" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5...

Delete row and autofilter
Hi Is there a way to stop users deleting row(s) if autofilter is active, maybe bring up a msg box and tell them to turn it off before allowing them to delate row(s)? Cheers Richard ...

Configurate security permission to all printers in windows 2008
Hi all we have a windows 2008 64bit (not R2) print server by default Everyone - allow print Creator Owner - manage documents Administrators can do all including manage the printers Our print server holds 700 printers what is the easy way to assign a local security group say "helpdesk" to all printers with manage documents right ? each time we create a printer we want to include that helpdesk security group by default Thanks Powershell? PS C:\> get-help Set-Acl -examples NAME Set-Acl SYNOPSIS Changes the security descriptor of a...

how to subtract one row from the other?
how to subtract one row from the other? Use a simple formula like =A1-A2 Copy this formula to the right as far as you need to go. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "prasad" <prasad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EADC60A5-9995-4E52-9A58-7A7FAFC8C69E@microsoft.com... > how to subtract one row from the other? ...