RMS to GP Inventory Integration

Has anybody come across a specification of the RMS>GP integration -
particularly which fields from RMS populate into which fields in GP?

We are using RMS 2.0 and GP 10.0.  The integration is running successfully
but we are trying to understand the mapping between the RMS item and the GP
item.  For example, the cost price in RMS is not populating in GP at all.

Any help/advice gratefully received.
0
ej1 (17)

Great Plains Integration with Microsoft Project
Hi everyone, Does anyone know if Microsoft Great Plains can integrate with Microsoft Project? if you do, would you be able to point me in the correct direction to be able to do this. also what Integration Points their are and what information can be integrated. also if the integration is version specific which versions of each product would I require. Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C5B84E.8CD471A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hey Bill :-) As far as I know, there is cu...

Help decide upon RMS
Hi, I was interested in RMS (possibly) but I’m surprised as to how tightly controlled any detailed information is held. In order to get into most parts of Microsoft’s website for this product, I need a special login that comes only after buying the support, and even then it’s limited according to what I’ve read in this newsgroup. Specifically, I’d like to know what sort of customizations can be made for RMS. I read that there’s a customization guide and possibly source code (that I’d find hard to believe) that’s available to some of you. If someone (preferably a real RMS partner) could ...

Inventory Site/LocationCode Order Lines on MSCRM1.2 to GPS8.0
We are currently running MSCRM 1.2 and GPS 8.0, with the MS Integration between them. Our Sales force uses various Inventory locations when placing orders within our GPS system. Because of business reasons we can't consolidate into a single Inventory Location as the Integration documentation suggests. The documentation allow says that it only supports the use of one Inventory location, which you set in the "Settings and Administration" tool. It appears that you can modify the BizTalk Mapping for the SalesOrderDetail channel to route a value from a custom field in MSCRM...

Analysis Cubes does not appear in GP Menu
Hi all, I am trying to open the Create PivotTable Reports window from Microsoft Dynamics GP menu > Tools > Analysis Cubes > Create PivotTable Reports. But I could not able to see the same in GP Menus. I don't know what could be the wrong. Your ideas to this are highly appreciable. Thanks and regards, Vijay On Jul 21, 7:09=A0am, Account is empty <Accountisem...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi all, > I am trying to open the Create PivotTable Reports window from Microsoft > Dynamics GP menu > Tools > Analysis Cubes > Create PivotTable Rep...

Update Deductions and Benefits with Integration Manager
Is it possible to update deductions and benefits with Integration Manager? I tried to write an integration for this but it is trying to Insert the employee id as a new employee. Thanks in advance! ...

MRP and GP V8
Im very new to GP so im going to ask a lot of simple questions. My question is this, is there an MRP Module for GP V8? If not how are other MFG people doing MRP from GP? If there is an MRP Module, how well does it work? Yes, Great plains has a manufacturing module, and if it is well configured it will work well Frankie ...

Hotfix for Dynamics GP 9.0
I am trying to setup an auto-update for the GP hotfix. I have installed it on the server, and upgraded databases. I set the Client updates and pathed to the .msp file. When I launch GP and log in as a user it prompts to update, then immediately gives a message that it has completed the update. However it has done absolutely nothing, when i try to go back in I get the same message to update, and the version has not changed any either. I am the administrator on this machine. HELP Please! Thanks Does the user account that is logged into the workstation OS have write rights to the Dynamics...

Recommendation on Weigh Scale for RMS
Looking for a simple weigh scale that will integrate with RMS. Not very expensive as it will be only used for 5% of the items. The other option is to manually enter the weight but it will be nice to have an something directly tied to RMS system. Thx for your suggestions. The only recommendation I can give would be an Avery Berkel 6720, they run around $450. Rob "MOI" <MOI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3DB7906C-4976-4533-95B6-9DC8590B29B5@microsoft.com... > Looking for a simple weigh scale that will integrate with RMS. Not very > expensive as i...

Integration Manager Times Out
We are using Dynamics GP9. My integration uses ODBC connections to SQLServer2000 views. I can query the views using the same filters from Enterprise Manager, and the recordset returns with no problem. A fellow programmer accesses the same views for Crystal Reports, and his recordset returns without any problem. But my integration times out. Any ideas? ------=_NextPart_0001_13F2B12B Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello Caroline, Please make sure you have Integration Manager 9.0 SP 1 installed. Next, add the following line to the IM.ini file under the [IM...

Resources
I understand there is a feature in Great Plains where I can pull up any screen in eEnterprise and see what column and table that text box is linked to? Is this true? What are the steps to get this information? ...

Error list for RMS Integration.
Hi, Where can I find a document that include a list of all errors that can happens when a integration is running?? Thanks, -- Evelin. ...

Is RMS right for me?
I just would like to know if RMS can handle 7 large supermarkets connected to each other via HQ. Can it handle large volume of transactions or its just really for "small reatail" stores? mymobile wrote: > I just would like to know if RMS can handle 7 large supermarkets connected to > each other via HQ. Can it handle large volume of transactions or its just > really for > "small reatail" stores? Hi mymobile, I work with RMS into five supermarkets (food markets) with fiscal printer (italian market). The problem of RMS are discounts.. the markets has mor...

Manually uninstall GP 10
I am having problems with a GP 10 install on a Vista machine. I tried to do an upgrade from 9 to 10 and it stopped as it was looking for a Service Pack. I have tied to uninstall or reinstall both 9.0 and 10.0 and the setup file will not execute. I have turned off the user account control. I probably have a conflict with something as this a development machine with a myriad of programs on it. It there a way to manually uninstall GP? Jim ...

problem in physical inventory
Hi, I am having the same problem when trying to calculate my physical inventory, i tried doing the count date thing but that didn't work can someone help me -- Kay ...

Account distributions--Inventory account
Is there something else that gets evaluated in addition to an Item's Inventory account (in Item Maintenance) that affects the account distributions that occur after an order is transferred to Invoice and posted? Some of our orders contain items that have an Inventory account of for example, 01 00 00 5655, and that account gets booked, but sometimes, the distribution will go to account, 01 00 10 5655 or 01 00 20 5655. I was wondering what else is used in determining which Inventory account to book. If you go to Tools > Setup > Inventory > Inventory Control check to see if ...

Item Transaction Entry
We currently have two companies and would like to know the best way to transfer inventory from one to the other. Currently we use Transactions-->Inventory-->Item Transaction and enter a (-) Qty to get the item out of Compay A, and do the same (+) Qty in Company B to get the item into the Inventory of Company B. We follow up with a report (using a batch name to mark these transactions) to do Intracompany transactions to match the totals. Without purchasing a 3rd party software to handle advanced intercompany transactions, what is the best practice at this point. Thanks Ric...

SharePoint Portal Integration
Hello group, my company implemented Dynamics CRM 3.0, but not everybody has access to CRM, is there a Integration with SharePoint at Contacts level? to access the CRM contacts through Sharepoint? Regards See this: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=bc9b3526-decf-4057-a530-91840c0d5401&displaylang=en -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Ellery E G�mez Soto" <egomez@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%230TYtCRVHHA.1000@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello group, my company implemente...

Inventory Reconcile-Project Accounting
Just updated from version 7.5 to version 9. We did use the project purchase order in version 7.5 and when we reconciled inventory, we had to reconcile inthe inventory module and then in the project module. I am assuming since Great Plains combined the project purchase order module in to the purchasing module, we only have to reconcile inventory inthe inventory module from now on? -- Doug Doug, If you have these other modules, you should reconcile SOP and POP prior to reconciling Inventory. You should check out our web site, we have some new books on GP and the Maintenance book ...

Small Business 2006 & Product Inventory
Are there any improvements in 2006 over 2005? Maybe be able to print an inventory report that is sorted vs. as entered? ...

Finding Table and Field Information in Microsoft Dynamics GP
Finding Table and Field Information in Microsoft Dynamics GP By David Musgrave To get information about tables and fields in Microsoft Dynamics GP, you can use any of the following 10 methods: 1. Open the Microsoft Dynamics GP window that contains the data you are interested in, and then select Tools -> Integrate -> Table Import to see the tables associated with the Dexterity Form. 2. Open the Microsoft Dynamics GP window that contains the data you are interested in, and then select Tools -> Customise -> Customise Current Window. Once you’re in Modifier Layout mode, look...

Master Inventory site auto transfer
Master Inventory Site should have an utility to auto transfer inventory to subordinate sites based on subordinate demand at any time ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default...

inventory account numbers
I have loaded sales inventory into GP: item numbers, descriptions, and item type; but I have yet to add inv account number. I thought I would be able to do an inventory update with IM. But the update is not available. If it's master data why isnt it available?Can I do an update into the IV00101 Master table? I do not yet have inventory, PO, SOP transactions. If you assigned inventory items to class id's, you can add the accounts into the class and, when you save the class, GP will offer to roll down the changes (the new account numbers) to members of the class. If you did ...

Interface RMS with CRM?
Is there any interface capability between these two products? We are a member ship organization that would benefit from CRM but only if it would interface with RMS. For examples, they would need to share customers. Thanks. Hi, If you are interested we can offer a custom interface component for RMS -CRM. Please drop a email. Regards, Manick manick.m@hotmail.com "Florida Craftsmen" wrote: > Is there any interface capability between these two products? We are a > member ship organization that would benefit from CRM but only if it would > interface with RMS. &g...

How are other doing Daylight Saving Change 2 week sooner for RMS?
How are you working around this for your RMS by Daylight Saving Changing two weeks earlier and then how you handling the real time change? Ed I thought RMS ran off the system clock. I've just let automatic updates install the patch for the system clock in Windows. "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB90858D-0E7F-43FE-9495-E7B4386D99EC@microsoft.com... > How are you working around this for your RMS by Daylight Saving Changing > two > weeks earlier and then how you handling the real time change? > > Ed ...

SBA & RMS
Is it just me or is the SBA RMS Connector not working correctly? I've set everything up, and when I go to import the register journals, it says that debits and credits do not match up and it kicks me out. I then try to just import the P.O's and it says that "The financial date of the document must be in an existing open fiscal year". I've got a bunch of POs that are from last year but they have been updated recently. I think the connector is seeing the updated date and not the created date and kicking it out. I just can't get anything imported into SBA - ma...