RMA and Credit Card Processing

I was wondering what others do when processing credit card returns.  We
currently use RMA's and when we credit the customer's credit card (in SOP),
we need to provide an existing authorization number with the credit card from
a sales document.  Our customers may not be able to identify the original
sale or it could be from multiple sales, so we end up looking up all of the
customer's sales and taking an auth number from a sale that will cover the
returned amt.  There has to be an easier way...   I'd appreciate any feedback!
thanks!

Credit card software
What is the best credit card software for Great Plains? I don't know about "best" because there are several. Azox, which makes a very good set of commerce sites for GP has a module. Nodus may be the most well-known and popular company that makes credit card software for GP. "jeremy" wrote: > What is the best credit card software for Great Plains? > > > Get Nodus www.nodustech.com HS "jeremy" <jeremy@marketsync.com> wrote in message news:eZ5idoD2FHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... : What is the best credit card software for Great...

auto numbering/sheet of cards
Have to make some cards up. I need to do several on a sheet, when I set it up to do more than one card, how do you do it so it numbers them, say starting aat an odd number, then in numerical order from there? Build a database with consecutive numbers and use mail merge. Help here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH062524751033.aspx You can use Excel, Access, a Word table or Publisher to build your list. There are other databases. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Bruce" <notreally@idontw...

Create 10-up business card page?
I created a business card in Publisher 2000 using the single card template. I've got the instructions for printing this as "10-up" using the Page Setup (I think - I've got it printed out but not handy). Is there any way, though, to convert this to a single 8 1/2 x 11 page with multiple cards on it? Would everything stay "preserved" if I simply did a Select All, Copy, and Paste onto a blank full page? Thank you. Ed Ed <ed_millis@NO_SPAM.yahoo.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I created a business card in Publisher 2000 using the single card >...

What processes require the SA login?
Is there a list somewhere outlining the processes that require using the "SA" login? I don't want to have anyone using "SA" unless absolutely necessary. Mike There are only a few tasks that require the sa login. The two most common ones are creating users and granting user access to a company db. HTH Paul >-----Original Message----- >Is there a list somewhere outlining the processes that require using the >"SA" login? I don't want to have anyone using "SA" unless absolutely >necessary. > >Mike > > >. > H...

Limit Discounts Cashiers can process
Hello, Can you limit the amount a cashier use for a discount. The cashiers are putting in the sku number for the discount amount. Can I restruct the discount by percentage or $ limit -- Crystal Clear Hi Crystal - unfortunately, no - you cannot restrict the maximum discount a cashier can give - they can either give a discount, or give no discount at all. IMO this is one of the most glaring weaknesses of the software and am hoping that "V3" will address this, as well as other limitations the program has. "Crystal Clear" wrote: > Hello, > Can you limit the a...

business cards #9
so i would find that in microsoft publisher and that is where, do i type in www.etc are you blonde On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 02:21:02 -0700, blondie74 <blondie74@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >so i would find that in microsoft publisher and that is where, do i type in >www.etc Now, now, now - don't insult blondes. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "ME" <me@here.com> wrote in message news:q80tl0td8tcr930j508c7f6iic70s6jk1k@4ax.com... > are you blonde > On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 02:21:02 -0700, blondie74 > <blondie74@discussions.microsoft.com...

Publisher 2007, note and greeting cards
Using Avery 5315 notecards, top fold, landscape. I would like to print a different photo on the front of each card; to create 2 notecards per page. (inside will be blank) I have looked all through these posts and do not see this solution. Is this possible? AMN I'd suggest using a blank 8.5 x 11 page. make it into two colums and two rows. set your margins as you need them and put the images in the right hand column. Depending on your printer, you might have e to paly with the margins and image placemtn to get hthe margins even around. ( editorial comment It was a lot easier in p...

credit card accts. in M05
I am unable to change the interest rate on credit card accounts. Any help? Thanks in advance. In microsoft.public.money, Mark wrote: >I am unable to change the interest rate on credit card accounts. Any help? >Thanks in advance. Make an extra copy/backup of your file in case you want to undo something. 1. Go to Account Settings by right-clicking the account on the account list. 2. If the Account Type drop-down is grayed out, disable online access for that account 3. If the credit card is enabled for online access, disable that. [M05]Banking->AccountTools->ManageOnlineSer...

wild card with if logical function
hi members, i need help on how to use wild cards(*/?) with if logical function is it possible to use with if logical function if yes please just tell me how to use wild cards dont tell me alternative functions. -- b166er ------------------------------------------------------------------------ b166er's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34912 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=547344 Hi! >wild cards...is it possible to use with if logical function No, not directly. They would have to be used in nested function...

credit notes
I had to laugh ... otherwise I'd cry. All I wanted to know, was what cheque paid an invoice. That's it! Nothing more. Here's the steps I went through to find out. This became hilarious. What cheque was invoice 538239 paid on? credit memo 444281 look up credit memo 444281 and found invoices 443218, 443049, 443676, and 443067 only invoice 443676 lead me anywhere and that was to credit memo 445334 and invoice 443819 only invoice 443819 lead me anywhere and that was to credit memo 444815 credit memo 444815 lead me to invoices 443993 and 444086 only invoice 444086 lead me anyw...

Folded Greeting Card
I am using a Publisher template for half-fold greeting cards. I set up the document and my printer to print a double sided document with images on all four sides. The card prints the way I want it to appear but there is a line that appears sides and along the foldline. The outer lines are not visible in the print preview view but are there when I print. How can I remove them? What version Publisher? This is a tough problem to solve. What is the resolution of your pictures? What extension are the pictures? Are they .tif's? There are times when .tif images misbehave. You can open...

Discover Card processing
We are trying to select a credit/debit card merchant service. I've been in contact with Mercury Payment Systems, Citibank, etc. In addition to Visa, MC, and Amex, we would like to accept Discover card at our store. However, Citibank told me I needed to talk to Discover directly. When I did, they told me in a roundabout way that their payment processing software is not compatible with RMS. In order to accept Discover, we need to use Paymentech or Bank of America, and they would need to submit the payment information to Discover, which would take a lot more time to receive the paymen...

Setting Margins in Centimeters for Business Cards
I am trying to print business cards on Office Depot, Ref:975102 precut paper. Paper Size: 21cm x 29.7cm Card size: 8.5cm x 5.4cm in 2 columns, 5 each Paper Margins: 1.3cm; 2; no gaps After reading all the other threads on the subject, I tried both margins in the settings for "top" and "left" under "margin guides", but neither match the printed margins at all. Maybe I should try bottom and right positions? To compound this problem, I've also noted that the printed width changes from 5.4 as it appears onscreen to only 5.1. This is an urgent jo...

store logo CARD for discounts
i like to offer some of my customers a store card ( like safe way or riteaid stores ). Customers can then scan the card or enter the ph number on signature capture device like etouch 1000 and recieve discount on selected items. i do not want to have any monthly service and card should have store logo and small enought for key chain and may be able to carry balance like a gift card. is that possible? Assuming we're talking about Microsoft Point of Sale, yes, that is possible - at least close to what you're asking. One way to do this is: 1) Pick a Price Level to use Price L...

Credit Cards / Two Interest Rates
How do i setup a credit card if it carries two seperate intrest rates. One is for normal use and the other is against cash advances. Paul Again, an answer of no use to anyone. I have the same situation and trust me, if I could have paid off the whole balance at once I certainly would have rather than trying to use this stupid debt reduction planner. -Jeff "anonymous" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0ce601c3ae1e$834fc1c0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Pay balance on credit card every month = no interest paid. > > >-----Original Message-----...

How can I find who entered a Credit Memo?
GP 7.5 I created some SQL select statements against several tables and only found the credit memo that I am looking for in: RM00401 (once) RM10101 (twice) In both of those tables there is no reference as to what GP User created that memo. Is this information stored anywhere and if so, where? Thanks in advance The RM10301 doesn't store the user that created the document but it does store the user that last edited the document. If in the future you want to track this information you could turn on Activity Tracking found under Tools > Setup > System > Activity Tracking. -- ...

how do I print onto 8.5 x 5.5 note cards
The paper size of the note cards that I want to print onto is not shown in the drop down box where you change paper size. How can I print onto this size? Setup your printer first for this size. Page setup should reflect the size and say it will print two copies per sheet on letter stock. If your stock is actually the size you stated, you will have to setup a custom size in your printer. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "S.Gipson" <S.Gips...

Reconciling Credit Cards
I'm having a difficult time reconcileing the credits card and debit card transactions for the end of the month. Is there a way for RMS to produce a report listing what type of card was used? I know on the settlement screan, it lists the type of card(visa, amex) but is there a way for the EDC captured report to list this information? That report is under Reports, Miscellaneous, Tender Summary. There is also a custom report on MSFT RMS website for Tender Summary that also list the transaction#. Another one is unde Reports, Miscellaneous, Electronic Draft Captured Detaild. You can ...

Credit Card Settle Error (EDC)
Can anyone help with this problem: =Retail store settled EDC Credit Cards, Has some cards that did not settle, RMS barks and says, that X amount of CC transactions didnt settle, 1. How do i settle these transactions? 2. How do i prevent this from happening? Thanks, Joseph service@compuprosusa.com Please respond here and and send me an email, thanks. We had this problem. Twice. Two possibilities. First, you accepted a card that you're not set up to take, maybe AmEx or Discover. Second, before authorization was sent, you maybe inadvertently typed a key within the credit card nu...

CREDIT REPAIR KIT #2
Order your Credit Repair Kit at: http://creditfixzone.com/ Before you spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on a credit repair service, we recommend you try our Credit Repair Kit first. The information provided in this kit are the same techniques used by professionals. You will be surprised how easy it is to repair your credit yourself. With a little time and patience you will be able to achieve the same results that you would normally pay thousands for a professional to do. Credit repair is not magic. Many companies out there will bilk you out of your hard earned money, only to use ...

Thunking spooler APIS from 32 to 64 Process error
When printing a document with Word 2007 in RemoteApp mode (TSE, Windows 2008 Server), we get an error "Thunking spooler APIS from 32 to 64 Process has stopped working". You can find here the error description : Nom d’événement du problème : APPCRASH Nom de l’application: splwow64.exe Version de l’application: 6.0.6001.18000 Horodatage de l'application: 4791a2b0 Nom du module par défaut: msvcrt.dll Version du module par défaut: 7.0.6002.18005 Horodateur du module par défaut: 49e04189 Code de l’exception: c0000005 Décalage de l’exce...

how to add two business cards to Outlook 2003 signature card
I have two businesses, one a dealer and the other a manufaturer's rep. Is there a way to add another business card graphic (I use a scanner to scan my business cards to put into signature)? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe t...

Can a vbscript identify the program/process that called a vbscript
I would like to code a vbscript ("ActionScript.vbs") in such a way that it would do X, if ActionScript.vbs were called by "TriggerScriptA.vbs", but do something else if ActionScript.vbs were called by "TriggerScriptAB.vbs". Is there some way by which ActionScript.vbs could identify the program/process that called ActionScript.vbs? If the answer is "yes", that would be useful in many contexts. For example, it would be useful in the context of Hta programming, where (I think) a button (that calls a vbscript inside the Hta file) cannot se...

Purchasing invoice terms should default from PO not Vendor card
Payment terms, shipping method and FOB should default from the PO onto the Purchasing Invoice. Purchasing Managers negotiate special pricing with vendors based on terms. The terms the Purchasing Manager assigns to the PO are part of the legal agreement between the companies. When the invoice arrives in AP, the terms on the Purchasing Invoice should default from the PO, not the Vendor card. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the me...

Credit Card Charges
HI, I want to setup a line item called 'Amex Charge' which takes the value of the total sale and automatically calculates 2.5% of it and adds it to the sale. Is this possible and if so how? If not, then what suggestions can I have to add credit card charges to the sale? Dan HI Dan, tell me do you have back office system i.e. MS Dynamics GP (Great Plains) or not if so then you can handle the similar task with creating the tender type. However the other way around if going through RMS is that you can create the Sales Tax type AMC -Amex Charge give the percentage to it and whe...