Retrieveglobals9.dll - Return ADO Connection

Good day,

As the new RetrieveGlobals9.dll doesn't support the userinfo.sql_password
method, our code fails when authenticating to the SQL server database.
Reading the documentation, I see that the new dll doesn't support
sql_password but does support 'return an ADO connection object for the user
currently logged into Great Plains.'  Does anyone have the syntax for using
this feature of new dll?

Thank you,
Jay

Jay,

There is a word doc named "RetrieveGlobals9.doc" that should come with the
RetrieveGlobals9.dll in the zip file, or you should be able to find it on
Customer/Partner Source.

--
Sebastien Picard
ML3 Business Solutions

"scuttlebuttin" wrote:

> Good day,
>
> As the new RetrieveGlobals9.dll doesn't support the userinfo.sql_password
> method, our code fails when authenticating to the SQL server database.
> Reading the documentation, I see that the new dll doesn't support
> sql_password but does support 'return an ADO connection object for the user
> currently logged into Great Plains.'  Does anyone have the syntax for using
> this feature of new dll?
>
> Thank you,
> Jay
0
spicard (14)
11/28/2006 5:30:02 AM
yikes. didn't see that file.  thank you Sebastien.

"Sebastien" wrote:

> Jay,
>
> There is a word doc named "RetrieveGlobals9.doc" that should come with the
> RetrieveGlobals9.dll in the zip file, or you should be able to find it on
> Customer/Partner Source.
>
> --
> Sebastien Picard
> ML3 Business Solutions
>

> "scuttlebuttin" wrote:
>
> > Good day,
> >
> > As the new RetrieveGlobals9.dll doesn't support the userinfo.sql_password
> > method, our code fails when authenticating to the SQL server database.
> > Reading the documentation, I see that the new dll doesn't support
> > sql_password but does support 'return an ADO connection object for the user
> > currently logged into Great Plains.'  Does anyone have the syntax for using
> > this feature of new dll?
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Jay
Jay,

Can you click on the Yes button if my answer heloed you ?

Thank you.
--
Sebastien Picard
ML3 Business Solutions

"scuttlebuttin" wrote:

> yikes. didn't see that file.  thank you Sebastien.
>
> "Sebastien" wrote:
>
> > Jay,
> >
> > There is a word doc named "RetrieveGlobals9.doc" that should come with the
> > RetrieveGlobals9.dll in the zip file, or you should be able to find it on
> > Customer/Partner Source.
> >
> > --
> > Sebastien Picard
> > ML3 Business Solutions
> >

> > "scuttlebuttin" wrote:
> >
> > > Good day,
> > >
> > > As the new RetrieveGlobals9.dll doesn't support the userinfo.sql_password
> > > method, our code fails when authenticating to the SQL server database.
> > > Reading the documentation, I see that the new dll doesn't support
> > > sql_password but does support 'return an ADO connection object for the user
> > > currently logged into Great Plains.'  Does anyone have the syntax for using
> > > this feature of new dll?
> > >
> > > Thank you,
> > > Jay

Edit Box carriage return
How do I add a carriage return and have it show up correctly in an mfc textbox? I need to edit the CString variable then updatedata and have it show multiple lines. The multiline option is selected. Use \r\n. "CodeTyro" <CodeTyro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:819EB280-849A-4672-81C6-12DB72952B9B@microsoft.com... > How do I add a carriage return and have it show up correctly in an mfc textbox? I need to edit the CString variable then updatedata and have it show multiple lines. The multiline option is selected. ...

How do I delete a single page among many connected pages in Publis
I work with documents typically imported from Word. Occasionally I need to delete a single page without changing the formatting on subsequent pages. When I simply use Edit/Delete Page all of the original text from Word is apparently in the overflow area because it is not visible. Text Boxes and pictures that I inserted into the Publisher document after importing the main document from Word do not seem to be affected. ...

written data, connect to Excel or???
I have an Excel MIS where each column represents a different job/client/report. The top rows contain formulas that calculate costs, elapsed days, days between draft and final reports, etc. and also rows that contain start dates and report dates (job closure). Lower rows contain hours by month and year that do not print in the "standard report." Costs are calculated only when the report is issued and in the year the report is issued. Everything works well. If text comments were desired for each job (perhaps to give a history for suspensions and key events, what alternatives woul...

Return receipt In WAE?
I can't find where to request a Return Receipt for a message in Entourage Web Access Edition. Not only can I not find it anywhere in the menus or Preferences, but I can not find a reference to it in Help. Is this feature not available in Web Access Edition? If it is, where is it, please? Bill Robertson The feature is not available in EWS, but you can give this a try <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/faq_topic/return_receipt.html> Keep in mind that return receipts are not a reliable indication that a message has either been read or received. thanks, Pawan Kapoo...

Return Range Based on Cell Value
This topic has been covered in varying degrees, but the problem is that I do not want to sum or count the range. I want the range itself returned as the value. For instance in A1 is 7. i.e. July In B1-B12 are dates 201101, 201102, etc. I need a formula that will count out the cells and return the range based on that value in A1. In this case it would return B1:B7. This of course would be nested in another formula. On Tue, 4 Oct 2011 17:18:20 -0700 (PDT), Pablo < > wrote: >This topic has been covered in varying degrees, but the problem is >that I do not want to sum or count the...

Combo box returning wrong value
I am having trouble with a combo box, which is filled by a query to that displays two fields (Fund # and Fund description). The fields are unbound and I am using VBA to store the unbound fields in a table. I am using an option box to determine which sequence to use to present the data (I use two different queries and store one of them in the row source of the combo box, depending on the option box value). This all works fine. The problem comes when an item is selected. I would like to store the values both the Fund # and the Fund value in my table with VBA. My VBA code in the co...

OpenService Fails, but GetLastError returns ERROR_SUCCESS
I'm trying to stop a service, if the service exists. Everything works fine if the service is there, but if it does not exist I'm getting inconsistent results. OpenService returns a zero handle, naturally. On some computers (but not all) GetLastError returns ERROR_SUCCESS instead of ERROR_SERVICE_DOES_NOT_EXIST. Why would I be getting this combination of returns? To determine what the cause might be, it is important to know what "some computers" are. For each one that fails and each one that succeeds, it is important to know OS version Service Pack Installed Hot Fixes in...

Return Value from Form
I need to return a value from a form displayed modally. Many years ago, if I used VB classic, I could create a public method that took care of any arguments, displayed the form modally, and then returned appropriate return values. Something like this: Public Function GetValue(Args As Integer m_Args = Args m_Result = DefaultResult Show vbModal GetValue = m_Result End Function However, it appears Access VBA doesn't support this. For one thing, there's no Show method (and so it certainly can't have a modal argument). I like this approach because ...

Another MFC extension DLL problem
I have an entry point defined like this: #ifndef BUILDING_UTILITY #define _UL_EXT_CLASS _declspec(dllimport) #else #define _UL_EXT_CLASS _declspec(dllexport) #endif void _UL_EXT_CLASS AttachToUtilityLib(LPCTSTR pszString) When I try to link the dll to another extension DLL, MyMessageBox is unresolved. If I take out the LPCTSTR parameter, it links fine. What could be wrong here? Maybe it's a name mangling issue, are this DLL's both C++ ? I assume you use different defines for your two DLL's otherwise you may have conlicts here. Cyrille Dupuydauby "David W. Simmo...

Internet connection problem using the connection wizard
I have just restored my server from a backup and now when I try to use the connect to the internet wizard it fails with messages at each stage of "Network Configuration", "Firewall Configuration" and "E mail configuration" At each stage a message is displayed " an error occured while configuring a component - to continue with the wizzard & configure remaining components click OK" I think somthing has not restarted when I reinstalled the system from a backup. On startup it wans a component has not started and in the log a repot states ...

Outlook 2000
Aloha! I unfortunately, deleted a dll file on my computer. It happend when cleaning it up after a virus attack. Outlook 2000 is not installing again correctly. While attemtig it I get the error message: Failed to register a VB Script DLL. Reinstall or run Regsvr32.exe Vbscript.dll to self register. The key "DisplayName" is either missing or has an incorrect value. [File c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Forms\1033\CNFRES.CFG, Section Description] The article which was to solve the issue is here. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=271141 I already followed the steps in it;...

returning zero on pct divided by zero
formatting goes to pot here so I cant represent the tables as I'd like, but hopefully you get the gist! User entry actual figure is only entered obviously when there is a figure so alot of the time will be blank or zero the fixed value target is always on the sheet and the percentage is basically how much percent of the target has been acheived which is a pct value. Is there anyway of substituting a zero in when you have a pct divided by zero as normally it just comes up with the error message ie USER ENTRY ACTUAL FIGURE FIXED VALUE TARGET PERCENTAGE 5 B1/A1% There...

Connect a number to a picture bank and import that picture to exce
I have a colum with numbers for specific products (example 111,123456) and I want a picture in the colum to the right of it that matches the number. On the computer I have a folder with pictures named with the product numbers. So my question is: Is there a function to link the the number in for example cell A1 with the picture that has the same name as the value in A1 and put that picture in cell B1. Thanks to whom ever have an answer, it would help my life. Best Regards Dennis Hi Dennis Have a look at this site : http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html HTH John...

distribute mfc42.dll with the app?
My app crashes on win2003 server, but if it will work if I copy over an old mfc42.dll to my app directory. Is it a good idea to distribute mfc42.dll with my app? (I checked the mfc42.dll of Win XP against the one of Win2000, they seemed to be different.) Thanks. Wanjun It's OK to distribute this file, but you should localize it to your application directory so that it doesn't mess up any other applications that might get installed. You're right, there are a few versions with the same name on the DLL. Tom "Wanjun Yu" <wanjun_yu@hotmail.com> wrote in message ...

Using C# dll as COM in an MFC application
Hello, I have written a C# dll in VS2005. One interface and class are exported using Interop Services. I want to use this c# dll in my MFC application, using VS2003. It compiles after I imported the dll to my MFC app. On runtime I get class not registered HR error in my MFC project. I use the code as follow: _NewActivationPtr myActivation = NULL; HRESULT hr = myActivation.CreateInstance(__uuidof(NewSupernaActivation)); I don't what to do. Do I have to use GACUtil to register? If I want to use GACUtil do I have to sign my project? Trying do it had failed, because my third party librar...

email button on toolbar launches Internet Connection Wizard instead of Outlook 2000
Hi, I am quite new to this, so please forgive any infringements of ettiquette. Can anyone help? I have a machine running office2k with Outlook 2k. When I click on the email icon, on the standard toolbar, the Internet Connection Wizard is launched, instead of Outlook 2k. I have trawled the Excel help files, but to no avail. I have also started searching the internet, which led me here. How do I change the application that the icon launches? Thanks, in anticipation, BizzyByers ...

Use Trusted Connection-Crystal ODBC Connection
I setup a ODBC connection for Crystal reports, however when opening a report or refreshing a report, I get the SQL Server Login in window, asking for a login ID and password. There is also a check box for 'Use Trusted Connection' and if the user checks this box, the login ID and password grays out and they have access any of the Dynamics SQL tables. Basically someone can build any payroll report they want... and bypass all security by checking one simple box Does anyone know how to disable this check box? -- Doug Doug, It won't be quite that easy. The reason this w...

CAsyncSocket
Hello, I starting to do my first Client/Server application. We are using TCP/IP. I'm doing the Client, The server already exists. I'm programming in VC++ 2005 MFC using CAsyncSocket. In the specification is says that the client will connect to the Server and then both server and client may start a transaction. there may only be one transaction alive at the time. I'm a bit confused about how I now if the connection is alive or not. I know that one of the test that will be done is to remove the network cable and after 5-10 minutes attach it again and now the connection has to be c...

Connecting CRM and JD EDWARD
How to Connect JD Edward and MCRM ...

Outlook 2003 & msvcr71.dll crash
Hello all, Recently I've been getting crashes from MIcrosoft Outlook 2003 when I close it down. Outlook works fine when it's open, it runs properly, but the moment I goto shut it down, I get an error asking me to submit the data to microsoft.. When I click the link to see the conents of the error/crash I get the following: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.6353.0 AppStamp: 408f2937 ModName: msvcr71.dll ModVer: 7.10.3052.4 ModStamp: 3e561eac fDebug: 0 Offset: 000017fb I have not installed any software around the time that this crash started happening. In fact my syste...

MapviewofFile
Hi, I am working with an application that deals with large memory map files used as local cache for database. The MapViewofFile function fails when the file is 177 mb of size. But if I restart the application then it does not fail and creates more large file. My application is designed such that it needs all of the file in memory for manipulation chaning which will create a huge impact on the application. I knew that the problem is due of fragmentation of the process memory. I was looking into this hotfix from microsoft which says The Windows XP Low Fragmentation Heap Algorithm Feature Is Ava...

Returning something doesn't remove it from the expense category.
I printed out a Report for 2008 to show all my spending and what I can do in 2009 to do better at budgeting my money. For my Household:Electronics category, I showed almost $10,000. I was like, WTF? I checked it and during 2008 I bought and returned two flat panel televisions before deciding on the one I have now. They were $3000, then $2800, and the one I finally got was $1400. Well both the $3000 and $2800 are still included in the total on the report. I entered the transaction as an expense the first time of $3000 towards Household:Electronics. Then when I returned it, I just ...

Queries returning different formats
Hello, I have cut and paste the same expression from a query to another, however when i do this it changes the format of the information returned. In the inital query it returns (Hours:Minutes) perfectly, expression is "LOS (Hours:Mins)": (EDMain!EDDischargeDate+EDMain!EDDischargeTime)-(EDMain!EDPresentationDate+EDMain!EDPresentationTime). When I paste it, it returns a decimal value (which I presume is the way access formats time), and adds '[]' to the expression i.e. "LOS (Hours:Mins)": ([EDMain]![EDDischargeDate]+[EDMain]![EDDischargeTime])-([E...

Problem with resources in MFC extension DLL
Hi, I have an MFC extension dll and in the destructor of one of the classes it exports I'm trying to access a string declared in its String Table, but I can't. It keeps loading an empty string. I'm guessing it's because the resources are unloaded before calling the destructor. Am I right? Thanks Mikel You have not explained what you are attempting to do. It seems that you are saying that the destructor is being called *from the main program* at some (undefined) point in time. Or is it being called from within the DLL itself? Also, it is not clear that the destructor, w...

subtraction returning incorrect calue
We have a spreadsheet that subtracts one number from another. We did not understand why Excel is rounding the way it did so we decided to add decimal places until we see the value change. For instance, one of our number was going out to x,xxx.499999999999999999999999999999900000 while the other number was x,xxx.5000000000000000000000000000000000. When we rounded the numbers, one rounded up while the other rounded down. This is fine. Now that we fixed the formula to TRUNC instead of ROUND, I thought the issue would go away but now when I subtracted two numbers that were like...