restoring GP 10.0 32-bit into GP 10.0 64-bit

Hello:

We are going to install GP 8.0 on a 32-bit server in-house and restore a
client's 8.0 data into these SQL databases.  Pretty cut and dry.

Next, we will upgrade this in-house server from 8.0 to 10.0.

Continuing, we will install GP 10.0 on the client's new 64-bit server.

Finally, we will restore the upgraded 10.0 databases from our in-house
32-bit server to the client's 64-bit server.

Here's the question.  Is there anything "wrong", from a technical
standpoint, in restoring SQL databases from a 32-bit environment into a
64-bit environment?

Thanks!

childofthe1980s

Outlook Client CRM 3.0 issues & Calender problem on Server
I have installed a test bed of CRM 3.0 on SBS premium with SQL 2005 and have a laptop which I need to use as the demo machine. However when I try to install the laptop client everything is fine in the pre reqs apartment from the fact the installation believes there is an incompatible version of the client installed on the laptop. The same version was on the laptop but it was removed prior to adding the laptop to the new domain. There are no references to the client in Add/Remove programmes, no folders under Program Files and I can find no registry entries. Does anyone know of somewhere...

Cell formatting 03-09-10
I installed excel on my Vista laptop and the formatting comes up different than my XP desktop. Upon further investigation, although the Version numbers are the same in About, the product number is different. The option for date does not even exist in the laptop and the input is inverted? WHY Excel uses the setting that the user specifies in the control panel (regional settings) for date order. So my bet is one is using a short date format in one order and the other pc is using a different order--like mdy or dmy. Walter wrote: > > I installed excel on my Vista lapto...

CRM WorkFlow 10-19-07
Hello All, I have created new custom entity called "Projects" (User Owned). I am trying to setup workflow where Project automatically gets created when Opportunity status is equal to WON. I explored workflow rules but I am unable to find a way to achieve this. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks & Regards, Sunil I am reasonably sure that you cannot do this within the 3.0 workflow without using a callout. But if you can wait a little while it is easy to do in 4.0 without writing any code. -- JerryWeinstock business success powered by technology Microsoft G...

Conditional Formatting 05-06-10
Hi and TIA. I have a worksheet like so. I'm trying to conditionally format the cells in Column C. If this is possible where do a place a call to the procedure? I want the procedure to run for each individual row except I can't simply copy the formula down the sheet because I have headers and totals rows. I'm new to excel. I'm an Access geek. Any advice or if you can point me in the right direction is appreciated. Thanks for your time! Header: USS Vinson A B C 1 3 3 1 2 2 3 4 3 1 2 2 Tot 6 8 ...

Restore Address book in Outlook 2002
Is there a way to restore a deleted address book in Outlook 2002? Any help would be appreciated. Kevin Since there is no address book file or folder in Outlook, we'd need to know a bit more about what you deleted and how. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "K. Miller" <kmiller@pinespringsranch.org> wrote in message news:074401c34673$d626db80$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to restore a deleted address book in > Outlook 2002? > > Any help would be appreciated. > > Kevin ...

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0: x86 (KB829019) & version 1.1
Hello Everyone in this network, I need help. I am not very computer savy. I tried to update the above two through Microsoft Update but am getting an error being Failed. Can someone help me with this. My system has windows XP with SP3. I am even unable to download certain softwares due to this i think. I had remote access to work system from home but since my computer crashed last time i am having all sorts of trouble. Please help. Thanking in advance, Bhavesh. ...

CRM 3.0 Install: Specified Reporting Services... was not found
We're not able to install CRM, keep getting a SRS can't be found error. This is a dev environment. One box, 2 Virtual Servers Virtual Server 1 - CRM Virtual Server 2 - SQL and SRS The SQL has 2 instances, we're using the default instance. We can go to the \\reportserver, however, it prompts for credentials. I suspect when when CRM is installing SQL is prompting it for permissions. Anybody have similar issue with SRS? Thanks. SRS is very picky :( and if using SQL 2005 even more diligent about wanting exactly the right permissions.. One way to solve a more complex install...

Date Difference 02-24-10
Good Morning. I am trying to figure out how to calculate the number of days between two dates. I have a table callled events. That table has event date, event type, event outcome. For example a defendant will have an Advisement Date (AA as stored in the table) and say a Preliminary Hearing date (PH). When i enter information I will enter the date, event type and the event outcome will be (PD for Pending, CN for Continued, or CP for completed). For example Case Number 10-12345 will have an AA on 01/05/10 which is Completed and a Preliminary Hearing on 02/05/10 which was C...

SOP Integration-GP 9.0
I have set up SOP integration. The default currency is Euro. The functioning CCY is GBP. WHen i ran the integration, I have a subtotal of 32.00 Euro but the total on account was 28.62 Euro. The functioning total was caculated correctly based on 32 Euro. When I go to the distribution screen and exit from there, it says that it is out of balance and will not post. I understand that. Why was there a difference in the totals? Did I miss something? Kevin, I been in such issue where the distributions were not imported at all during the integration and the default distribution were loaded, a...

restore a picture to its original color in Publisher?
I have a Publisher document with several images that have been manually changed to grayscale and would like to turn them back to their original color. Is there a way to do this without manually clicking on each picture and restoring the color? Thanks! Open the Graphics Manager, the changing will be a bit faster. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Dawnie" <Dawnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:576ED79A-3844-4D5E-ADA0-ADBE5973A8D4@microsoft.com... >I have a Publisher document with ...

Does anyone use ArcServe 11.5 for Restoring
We have a problem when restoring a the exchange database with Arcserve 11.5. This works the first time 26 hours after the backup. Any idea? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Restoring exchange database" <Restoringexchangedatabase@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD4AC97D-782E-4CCB-9962-95F8B089F2D6@microsoft.com... > We have a problem when restoring a the exchange database with Arcserve > 11.5. > This works the first time 26 hours after the backup. ...

CRM 3.0 Password Request
Hi, I can logon onto the CRM app from a browser after supplying the password to a SERVERNAME\username request. The problem is with Outlook, because this request cannot be satisfied the CRM COM is not running. Does anyone know how I can eliminate the need to supply a password when I connect to the CRM app, I tried to turn on anonymous access but I could not log on at all then just said the logon had failed and did I want to try again. Thanks. We ran into something similar. The CRM server was running on an IP address other than the default IP for the NIC (in other words a second IP was bou...

access report 03-29-10
i have a combo box in a form to select 1 of 5 values and i setup list so each selection has a number value ie, 1. table 2.dessert etc. i have check boxes on the report that have to be checked based on the value selected on the form. i have to show all check boxes on the report but only check the box for the value choose in fhe form. i have tried to do conditional statement on the report and check for numeric value and then set check value to true based on that but haven't had any luck. any help greatly appreciated. Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice ...

Migrating from RMS 2.0 to POS 2009
Is there a white paper or deployment guide that sheds some light on the process of migrating a rms 2.0 database to POS 2009? I have scoured partnersource and come up empty. Thanks John Storlie This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01D2_01CA15DF.084A0740 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable John, Did you look at the POS2k9 page? http://tinyurl.com/n7mdkl All kinds of = goodies there. In the Key Announcements section | POS2k9 Download link | Support Info = link | last line Rapid Implementation T...

restoring a file
Its 3:30 a.m. and got done after 5hours of typing and now my file is gone. I tried all restore options listed on help, *.asd, all files and the temp file Did you not ever save it? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "mother in dispair" <mother in dispair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F6E3D54-62FB-45DC-B44E-A55FE742F3F4@microsoft.com... > Its 3:30 a.m. and got done after 5hours of typing and now my file is gone. > I > tried all restore options listed on help, *....

Can't install 12.2.1 on any computers 10.4-10.6
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel "You cannot install Office 2008 12.2.1 Update on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume." I get this error on every computer in the building, PowerPC computers running 10.4 and Intel computers running 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6. All the computers currently have 12.2.0 and have all current OS updates. Any ideas? On 10/1/09 7:54 AM, in article 59b7db0d.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "macinmypocket@officeformac.com" <macinmypocket@officeformac.com...

How to Change ITEM Average Cost in GP 10
How to Change ITEM Average Cost in GP 10 - while the feature disappeared from utility --> Inventory on release 10.0??? Inventory Tile, then from the desktop Utilities->Adjust Cost Or Microsoft Dynamics GP->Tools->Utilities->Inventory->Adjust Costs -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Mohamed Salah" wrote: > How to Change ITEM Average Cost in GP 10 - while the feature disappeared from > utility ...

Restore a single mail box
Hi, I have Exchange 2003 and backing up with Vertias software. I need to restore one mail box from the last night backup. Can this be done? I try to restore the mailbox by clicking on the mailbox name in the Exchange Mailbox and got the error" Unable to attach to one of the drives.," I do have the tape from last night in the tape drive. Do I also need to click on the Public Folders and Information Store? Thank you in advance for your help, Kathy Use Recovery Storage Group to mount backup of Store and extract mailbox, exmerge into production Store. http://support.microsoft...

WDM to WinCE porting 02-06-10
Hi I am porting a WDM driver to WinCE. I changed the following WDM Code // Create a WDM Memory Descriptor List for this chunk of memory m_pMDL = IoAllocateMdl ( a_pMemory, (ULONG) a_ByteCount, FALSE, TRUE, NULL ); // Make sure the user's memory block is entirely valid, // then lock all the pages in physical memory. MmProbeAndLockPages ( m_pMDL, UserMode, IoModifyAccess ); // Get the kernel-mapped address of the buffer m_pLockedKernelBuffer = MmGetSystemAddressForMdlSaf...

HELP DBMS: 446, Great Plains: 0 What is it
Theres somebody how knows about the following ERROR MESSAGE DBMS: 446, Great Plains: 0 The window that showme the error message says: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Cannot Resolve collation complete for equal to operation, then when i acept this message tellme that some sp called popSelectPODocInquiry return thje following results: DBMS: 446, Great Plains: 0 ... this happens when I enter to the window query in: query>purchase> purchase orders documents, then include open purchase orders, historic purchase orders, and receipt orders... tks, Camilo Villa It mea...

CRM 4.0 on MSDN Downloads
Is there an official date when CRM 4.0 will be released to the MSDN Subscriptions site? It is available today from the general download site. No word yet on when it will make it to the MSDN downloads (or more importantly, when the license keys will be out). -- Matt Parks MVP - Dynamics CRM "Adam" <Adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB0534D9-0FB9-4090-8B8B-CBF428946011@microsoft.com... Is there an official date when CRM 4.0 will be released to the MSDN Subscriptions site? ...

0.6445751 Look Inside Now For It ... 7.441938E-02
5.046564E-02 Look Inside Now For It ... 0.5911684 0.6445751 Now Visit http://www.clicklinknow.com/ss/ 7.441938E-02 ...

Restoring Exchange 2000 to new SBS hardware
We have just bought a new RAID server to replace our existing IDE SBS 2000 server and so far i've managed to replicate the Active Directory info to a temporary Windows 2000 server, taken it offline, and replicated it to our new server using the exact same machine name. I've managed to seize the FSMO roles and can get an existing workstation to log on to both the old and new servers, but i'm having problems installing Exchange 2000 back on to the new server. On running the installation file from the third SBS CD, i initially got the error message:- The component "Micro...

RMS 2.0 Activation And Deactivation Process
Hi! We recently installed RMS Store Ops 2.0. However, the product key was mistakenly activated to back office computer instead of the POS. How can i correct this? What is the procedure to deactivate the product key at the back office and re-activate it at POS? Please help, very urgent! Thank you! I just did this last week. Install everything when activating POS choose by phone then call MS. they'll walk you thru it "Francis Reyes" <FrancisReyes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5584B60-AB10-44AE-9076-7AA3360B7B92@microsoft.com... > Hi! We recentl...

Display Knowledge Base object in Microsoft CRM 3.0 Outlook Client
I am trying to display the KB object in CRM according to the following article: http://www.workopia.com/howto/DisplayKnowledgeBaseOutlookClient.htm I found another note to the above link that states there are two entries that needed to be modified and I made them both. But have still had no luck. Does anyone know how to make this work? TIA Larry ...