Requisition Management - documentation improvements

I am suggesting that the Requisition Management documentation be more
complete - specifically in the area of covering the migration from eReq to
RM. I've seen pretty good examples of migration documentation and "What's
New" information with Great Plains 8.0 and with Grant Management. I am
suggesting that there be more consistency with this level of documentation
across all modules and products. The Requisition Management documentation
could especially use some improvements in this area.

For example, please include answers to the following questions in the RM Doc:

What is the migration process? What screens/reports can you print from eReq
to aid in the migration? Do we need to back up/copy the eReq tables prior to
the upgrade to Great Plains 8.0 and install of Business Portal 2.5?

What are the differences between eReq and RM? Is there anything that you
could do in eReq that you can't do in RM? What new features does RM provide?

Can you see all of the eReq history in Business Portal? (Please include the
information from the whitepaper that describes how to set this up so that you
don't have to search through the documentation, the knowledgebase,
partnersource and the newsgroups).

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=5e45f2ab-c1de-48ba-aaad-624bf479bd27&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
GeriHein (34)

How can I change an excel document
How can I change an excel document back a regular folder? I opened a folder with excel by mistake, it had several emails in it. Now I can't read it. what do I do to be able to change back to a folder so I can open it? Thank you. Sara gkuhL3@adelphia.net It sounds like you opened a file and actually saved it in excel (or let autosave save it). It that's what happened, do you have a backup of your original file? I don't think there's a way to go back. Depending on what that file was (plain text???), you may be able to reopen it in excel and extract some info--but I would...

Opening a Mac Document with Word
I wrote a book about 10 years ago and want to revise it for republication. I had someone put the book together for me, but he used a Macintosh program - BookMaker or something like that I think. Anyway, I tried to open the file on the Zip disc I have it on, but Word won't open it. I have Windows XP Home edition. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks. jackson6770@comcast.net "jackson6770" <jackson6770@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1152677853.447805.121870@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I wrote a book about 10 years ago and want to revise it for > republi...

Integration Manager #26
I really need someone's help. We just switched from 9.0 to 10.0. Whenever I set up posting accounts with new segments, IM gives me the error message: Line 1 contains an undefined segment." I can go and manually set up the new segment and then the integration will run fine. I never had this issue with 9.0. Is there a setting that I can change in IM so this is no longer an issue? Thanks, A.B. You need to turn off the prompt that will ask you if you want to create a new account segment. It was a new 'feature' in version 9, but IM wasn't modified to accomodate the...

Exchange 2003 Mailbox Management
Does anyone know whether or not Exchange 2003 allows you to setup individual mailboxes to auto delete messages? I know you can you can setup policies to delete messages in all the mailboxes in a mailbox store, but is there a way to set up something similar on individual mailboxes themselves? Thanks in advance! you can use mailbox management policies to set this up on whatever mailboxes you wish... "AVAMAN" <AVAMAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08CFE6AD-1C6E-4D78-92D2-B634AB37974F@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know whether or not Exchange 2003 allows...

Modules Management
Hi, I'm building a workbook with a number of macros that have been, in the main, "recorded". Is it good practice to keep all macros in the one Module? Is there any advantage to keeping them in different modules? Using the Record Macro feature ends up slipping each new macro into new modules. Thanks Hi though this is in most cases also a personal preference I like to group my macros in several modules 8note: there's a maximum of lines for one module). So for example I use one module for general helper functions/subs, one module for user interaction, etc. Try arra...

Catalog Maintenance for Order Management
I am trying to filter out parts in inventory that are discontinued. In Catalog Maintenance, I have tried these variations: Type equal to 1. Type begins with Sales Inv. Type less than 2. When I load the page of items in Order Management, there are no parts listed. Each one of those has resulted in zero parts being displayed when I click on one of the categories I've made from the main Order Management screen. If I take the Type filter out, then all the parts for that category are displayed (both sales inventory and discontinued) on the screen. What is the proper criteria for filtering...

Importing invoices thru the integration manager
I'm trying to get "invoice only" transactions into the system, using the integration manager. It looks like the only sample integration that is available is the one for receive transactions. This integration has the appropriate line detail information needed for my invoice. However, when you type to put in the POPtype on the integration it only has 2 options - shipment and shipment/invoice (options 1 and 3) The option with a value of 2 is missing from the enumerated list. You can enter in an "invoice only" from the screen without any problems. Am I trying to use...

Unsufficient privileges to run the Workflow Manager
Hello, When I try to run the Workflow Manager on the server side with administrator domain login, I receive the following message: "You do not have sufficient Microsoft CRM privileges to run the Workflow Manager. For more information, contact your system administrator." I've gave all Workflow Process rights to the administrator user in Microsoft CRM, and don't know what could be missing. Thanks, Hugo I also saw this error at one point during my many CRM reinstalls. What I think caused it was the fact that my CRM services were set to run under the local system account. ...

Converting A5 paged document into A4
I have a booklet in A5 page size. I need to convert it into an A4 sized booklet, keeping the same page numbering and the same text on each page but with double the font size - i.e. a Large print copy of the booklet. Is there an easy way of doing this? Hi Gordon, Change to A4, then increase the margins, font size, fixed line heights & table dimensions by as near as you can get to 41.4% to compensate. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uQD9$GqoKHA.5696@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I h...

clip art appears invisible in Microsoft Publisher documents
When I insert clip art or pictures in Microsoft Publisher, I can't see the clipart/picture in the document. The picture will print out but when I'm designing the document I can't see the clipart/picture. Why is this? View, pictures, detailed display... If this isn't the solution, you may need to upgrade your video driver. Do this to see if the driver is indeed the problem Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.or...

Formatting changes everytime document re-opens
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a lengthy curriculum document that uses a variety of headings, etc. <br><br>Whenever formatting is applied (graphics, text, etc. are arranged on a particular page) it never stays that way after being saved and re-opened. If the document gets opened by others using an older version of pc office (97-2004) OR pc office version 2007 the formatting is off by a few spaces hence throwing the entire document off. <br><br>Tried inserting section breaks for now and it seems to be working but I&#...

"Document error: cannot move to field" when using Integration Mana
hello I am trying to update pay rates for several employees and several paycodes. I created a csv file and I use the payroll master as my destination. I log on to GP as the sa and then run the integration but I get an error stating that the macro cannot move to field 'department' When I pull up the card for the payroll/employee I noticed that the department field is grayed out, I cannot type into it but I can select a department. I don't need that field for my integration... I just want to update the pay codes rates for that employee... why is it trying to add information in ...

BP Requisition Management problem #2
I was working on the Approval Hierarchy when BP suddenly closed. When I went back in and tried to open up the hierarchy again, I was given a message "The approval hiearchy is being modified by another user." How do I solve this problem as it is thinking that I am that other user? Thanks, KJ HI KJ: Delete the record from MultiUserManager table in the Dynamics database. It will resolve your problem. Thanks "KJ" wrote: > I was working on the Approval Hierarchy when BP suddenly closed. When > I went back in and tried to open up the hierarchy again, I was given...

exchange 2000
In Exchange 2000 I'm trying to filter certain domains. Reading the docs it looks as though you can enter domains you want to reject in system manager -> message delivery properties -> filtering. But it appears to work sometimes, but not all the time. And appears that it's broken randomly. For example, I entered *@lycos.com, and all mail from there was rejected. But I've got numerous domain names that aren't being filtered at all. It's like filtering is broken. For example I still see lots of mail coming in from places like *@seanic-promotions.net, even though it'...

Number of even-page section breaks in a document
Dear Experts: I would like to know whether it is possible to retrieve the number of even-page section breaks in the current document and display the result in a MsgBox? Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 14:17:42 -0800 (PST), andreas <andreas.hermle@gmx.de> wrote: >Dear Experts: > >I would like to know whether it is possible to retrieve the number of >even-page section breaks in the current document and display the >result in a MsgBox? > >Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much i...

Stop removing blank lines at the end of a document
Hello, I have a series of rather large Word documents used in testing. Once testing is complete, I clean up the documents to remove the testing bits (checkboxes, approvals and such) and then compile the document in chm form to be used as a help file. I've written a macro that cleans up the document by selectively removing some table rows, and some "This page is intentionally blank" entries. I would also like to remove a whole lot of unnecessary blank lines, but only starting at a certain point in the document. So, I need to first move to the point in the docu...

Compensation Management
I would like to use compensation management, but am I missing something? Does this compensation management tool pull in ALL employees (including those that are inactive)? This doesn't make sense to me. I can see where you can filter by Division, Dept, Position or Pay Code, but I don't see any options to include/exclude inactive employees. I don't see any reason to include inactive employees if you are trying to forecast salary/pay increases. This option should be added, otherwise this tool is useless for me (unless I manually add all the active employees). It would be quicke...

DPM 2010 RC Management Pack is available
Hi, We are happy to inform you that DPM 2010 RC Management Pack is available. Please mail me at nageshbk[at]microsoft[dot]com, I can share it with you. -- Thanks, Nagesh This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights ...

Customizing Access 2003 Classroom Management Template
Hi,I am working with the Access 2003 classroom management template and I am trying to customize it to allow me to add classes to the student form via a subform for classes. In my previous attempt to add subforms and tables I was able to add classes on the student form, but the student was not reflected on the class page. I am not sure if this is too specific of a question or not specific enough. However, I appreciate any advice you can provide. Thank you in advance for your help. "Marin Hunter" <Marin Hunter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > I am working with the Access...

converting open office documents to Word.
I have several ODT documents from Open Office and would like to convert them to word documents. How do I do this please? Are you using Word 2007? That version can open .*odt files, assuming that you have installed the latest updates. You could then convert the files, one by one, via the Save As dialog box. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "alggomas" <alggomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:267718A9-3DE2-450A-92FE-1FB81C29B640@microsoft.com... >I have several ODT documents from Open Office and would like to convert >them > ...

Mail merge limits for print documents
I use mail merge to print mailers for customers (Outlook contacts /Word Document). These are not emails, just going to the printer. The documents have graphics and are double-sided. Whenever I try to print more than about 250 it just stops printing, no errors, it just stops. So I break up my data source lists into smaller lists so I know I get them all printed. This is a pain and I'd rather find what is stopping them all from printing. I don't know if it's a Office limitation or hardware. I just got a new PC (64-bit/8 GB RAM/Windows 7), will that fix it? Any s...

Intro Line when emailing publisher document
Hopefully I can make my question clear. I am wanting to take a pub doc. and send via email as part of the document, not as an attachment. I have no problem doing that. My question comes in when the email screen comes up. To, From, CC, or BCC. In the Pub 2002 version also listed is an Introduction Line where I am able to type text/paragraph that gets sent along with the email. My question is, my office mate for whatever reason has Publisher 2003. She does not have the Intro line included. How do we get the option to appear on her version. Hope my question is clear. -- Thank you...

folders & documents now delete without asking if sure
When I delete a word/excel folder or word/excel document it deletes without the warning asking if I'm sure I want to delete. How can I reactivate the warning? I like that protection. It worked for years until I reinstalled Office 2002 XP Pro after a PC restore. thank YOU -- Gene "Gene" <Gene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D5E7019-9609-4C8D-9192-CD1D0F22B8B2@microsoft.com... > When I delete a word/excel folder or word/excel document it deletes > without > the warning asking if I'm sure I want to delete. > > How...

Customized document properties
I'm using Word 2007 in Windows Vista Business. A few weeks ago I created a template for a client which required a number of custromized document properties (I'll call this template "Old template"). The client then created documents based on this template.(These I'll call "Old Docs"). A week or so later, this client wanted an additional item incorporated into the same template in the shape of another customized document property to be added and accessed through VBA (I'll call this the "Updated template"). When the customer came t...